Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Insomnia (Kylee & Sin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:27 am
She hadn't slept.

It wasn't as if she hadn't tried. But Kylee Chang had been a regular night owl back in college and survived on coffee and sheer force of will.

...Actually, it had mostly been coffee.

But she had been shut in that pod and asleep for what felt like ages, judging by how stiff her limbs were when she had first awoken. And even as she laid down on the bed in her new room, she found herself unable to drift off to sleep. Instead, restlessness crept in, and it took a few toss and turns back and forth to each side before she sat right up and decided that it certainly was not working.

She found herself down at the beach, clad in a simple white shirt and red gym shorts, with only her red scarf draped over her for warmth. Her shoes were discarded messily to the side as bare toes dug into the sand, and she settled her chin on her knees, watching the waves rush up to the shore.

xaki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
In the distance, there was the silhouette of another human being residing on the beach. He was in a pair of jeans that had been rolled up to his knees, and an loosely open white vest. "Man, how long do we have to be out here?" Sin asked his weapon, Undine. True to her name, she loved water. Even though she was no longer a creature, but a weapon, she still basked within her element. Hence why Sin was out at the midnight hours on the beach, letting his weapon soak. While initially he had been worried about the salt water degrade the quality of metal, it appeared that hunter weapons were special. After Undine was satisfied, often, Sin found it easier to wield the sword, as if she had been refreshed.

At least it was a warm night as they approached the summer. Deus, being an island, was blessed with the breezes and cool temperatures afforded at knight. "Oh?" He caught sight of another person behind him. "It appears that we have another visitor." Sin couldn't recognize her from that distance yet, but he could easily see her distinct female shape. "Who would be out here so late?" Never mind the fact that Sin was also out there..

Melodine Cantus

Xaki

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:21 am
Kylee was perfectly content with being out here on her own, save for the voice lingering in her head now, of course. And as such, she hadn't quite noticed the other man in front of her, only when she scooped sand up into her cupped palms, intent on burying her feet.

As the granules of sand trickled through her fingers, she finally noticed the other figure in the distance. And wait, what was he doing out there in the water? With his weapon too--

"He's drowning it." Akila drawled, tone dry in her mind.

"Wait what?" Such a statement had sent a panicked shock through her mind, and Kylee immediately stood... only to wobble unsteadily on her feet thanks to the sand she had covered it with earlier. "You can't drown a weapon!" She protested, though it was mainly for Akila's ears and not anyone else.

She still wasn't getting the hang of this mental talking.... thing. She must have looked terribly stupid.

Xaki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:43 am
Sin fell over at the words she called out to him, inevitably ended up soaked. "W-wait, what?" There was a forced grin playing at his lips, although part of it was out of rueful laughter. He supposed one could look at it that way.. That begged the question if a weapon could really drown considering it didn't have any lungs to breathe with or- wait, he was getting off track here.

Since it looked like the wrong idea and Sin didn't really want to be mistaken as a murderer, he had to clear up the misunderstanding. "Uh." Sin pointed down to his weapon. "Don't get the wrong idea. This little lady here is formerly an undine, a type of water spirit. She actually drags me out in the middle of the night to satisfy her desires."

He pulled the silver hilt from the ocean, the blade looking translucent in the night air. Undine could easily switch her density, from pure liquid to the cold steel of a formidable sword and anything in between the two depending on Sin's needs and her emotions.  

Xaki

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:55 am
The thing was she really had not intended to say such a thing out loud; Kylee thought that attempting to destroy a weapon would probably have some disastrous results. It was something that the higher ups would not be pleased, and even if one tried to kill a weapon, wouldn't it cause some sort of mental... backlash?

Eyes wide, she started forward as he fell over into the water, intent on helping him up. "Oh no, I meant-- Um you see, Akila; that's my weapon, that's what she said, and I didn't think that such a thing would really um--"

"An undine, huh?" Akila sounded intrigued. "And darling, I was just joking with you."

"It didn't sound like you were joking!" Kylee shot back, and immediately clapped her hand over her mouth again. "Oh gosh, I am so, so sorry." She really had to learn to keep her conversation with her weapon to her head, instead of talking out loud in return and looking like an absolute fool. "She looks really pretty, by the way. Your weapon, I mean. Mine's well, here." Kyle tapped the heart-shaped brooch pinned to the red scarf draped around her shoulders. "She's an ammit. An Egyptian demon."

Xaki

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:00 pm
He took her proffered hand, using it to lift himself up. He began to wring out the ends of his shirt tails, knowing that he wouldn't be able to get rid of all the water but it was worth a shot.

Her apologies and interactions had Sin coming to a realization; he closed fist hitting the palm of his other hand as she continued to speak to her weapon. "You're a new hunter, aren't you?" He asked, tilting his head with a curious smile. "I was like that in the beginning as well. It's annoying to get used to somebody else being in your head but eventually you'll get the hang of it." More like a a damned invasion of privacy where one couldn't have any private thoughts. I can hear you. She reprimanded in his head mildly. Case in point, wasn't it?

The weapon reverted back to its earcuff form, and he refastened it to the curve of his ear. "An Egyptian demon, eh?" Sin had yet to hear of that particular breed of monster. And from the sounds of it, she was quite the interesting personality. Both Kylee and Akila were interesting. "Sounds pretty interesting though. If you have time sometimes, lets stop by the training field and play for a bit."

melodine cantus

Xaki

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:46 am
"Oh gosh, it's quite obvious, isn't it?" Her cheeks began to flush a light crimson, and she pulled up her scarf in an attempt to bury her face in the fold out of embarrassment. "Y-yeah, I'm still getting used to not replying the voice in my head out loud." She admitted, voice muffled slightly as she twisted her fingers into the red fabric. Kylee wasn't even sure why she was so self-conscious about the issue especially when on this Island, everyone seemed to have go through the exact same process.

Maybe it was just that she wanted to fit in, and not stand out like a sore thumb as if there was a sign over her head screaming that she was a newbie to everyone.

"Yeah." She nodded. "Head of a crocodile, torso of a lion, and the hindquarters of a hippopotamus. She's way taller than me even as a spear." Kylee waved a hand in the air as an estimate.

"I'd like that." Kylee beamed at him. "I certainly need to get more practice in with her."

Xaki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:23 am
Haha, Kylee was adorable hiding behind her scarf. "You're doing pretty well actually. When I first encountered it, I did way worse!" His fingers reached out to ruffle her hair to reassure her that he definitely wasn't one to judge, nor did she feel the need to impress him with anything. Sin could remember some eventful outbursts of annoyances at his weapon that was mistaken for instigations of fights with other hunters. The other time was being mistaken as a lunatic or just being extremely lonely when they were on missions and encountered normal people. Sin wasn't that crazy, okay? He had a hard time explaining that though.

When Kylee explained what her weapon, "Whoa, really?" Sin didn't hide his amazement. He tried to image her words, manifested into a monster form. He added her weapon to the list of monsters that he would prefer not to encounter in his lifetime, ever. She currently was the only one on that list, but he was sure that he would eventually come to fill it up with one name or another.

Kylee reminded him of another little girl that wielded a particularly formidable weapon. Nevada, was it? Rubbing his chin thoughtfully, he contemplated the benefits of having a spear; "Well, that's pretty good. Spears have a great reach, a light frame that makes it easier to wield for a girl your size and weight, a pointy edge that could skewer my organs.."

A pause ensured, as if a sudden thought occurred to him. "..Please don't fatally stab me during our training session.."

Melodine Cantus

Xaki

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:30 pm
Kylee could not imagine what way worse could have meant, but his words seemed genuine enough. Plus, having her head patted made her feel like a puppy, and it was nice feeling to have, though it wasn't something she would admit readily.

Akila giggled in her head at that revelation, and Kylee bit back a sigh. She would also have to get used to someone else knowing every single secret about herself.

An amused smile tugged at her lips. "I won't! I mean, that would be dreadfully useful in some situations, but I'm not about to stab you when we're on the same side."

Xaki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:55 pm
"I don't think I fancy getting stabbed by your particular weapon even if we were enemies," He rubbed his chin thoughtfully, trying to envision that scenario. Not that he or Kylee would ever intentionally become enemies, but there was some crazy stuff at deus that you could never predict.

"Though injuries are sometimes unavoidable during training sessions," He remembered some heated occasions that may had him, er- beat up quite a bit. Undine snickered in the background, leading to a vaguely annoyed expression crossing Sin's face. Now, now.. He appealed to her, since they were responsible for any win or loss as partners after all.

Gesturing for her to follow him, he retreated past the shallow wave onto drier sand and took a seat. The night air would dry off his clothes soon enough. he tilted his head to look at her, "Anyways, I don't think we ever got past the question of what you're doing out so late. Couldn't sleep?" It was in the midnight hours of the night after all, not the most common time to meet new people. Not that he was complaining if he could meet such an adorable future comrade. But it was a bit more dangerous for a girl than a guy to do so.. and Sin in good conscience couldn't just leave her all by herself.

Melodine Cantus

Xaki

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:56 am
"I suppose." She mused, tapping her lips with a finger. "Better to get bruised through sparring than get fatally injured in battle though, right?" Perhaps it sounded rather harsh coming from a trainee who still wasn't quite used to how things worked here, but studying in forensic science certainly made one acutely aware of the lingering presence of death and how unpredictable it was.

Kylee sat besides him, winding her hands in her scarf to protect them from the chilly night breeze. "Nope." She confessed. "God knows how long I've slept in that pod, and well... I've always been a night owl anyway." Besides, insomnia made her feel quite restless, and she had found it best to leave her bed when that happened.

Xaki

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff