Welcome to Gaia! ::

Once Upon A Time.... A Multi-RP Experience

Back to Guilds

A multi-rp experience. If you want it, we have it. 

Tags: Goodkind, Sword of Truth, Role Play, Star Wars, Je'daii 

Reply Space, The Final Frontier (Sci-Fi RPs)
Star Wars: DoaNA Ranks Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryokuzen Shadowstealer

Dapper Explorer

5,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:46 am
scuttlefish

There was no claim made. If you actually read my post you'd see there was actually a question mark both times that I said anything relating to me being a master. Because it was just that, a question. If I was claiming I was a master I wouldn't have quoted Rahl and told you I was going to sit at rank 3 until he said otherwise.
Frankly it doesn't matter who you're angry at (If you are), because Rahl posted in an announcement to talk to him if we wished to rank up. The fact that i'm now ahead of you, Tom, Blizz etc... is because I talked to him and you didn't. It's not unfair, and it doesn't matter if you agree with it. Rahl decided it was alright for me to be a higher rank so it's alright. Hell this happened almost a month ago. If I hadn't even mentioned it in the helping the Je'daii post you'd never have noticed until I battled someone and you saw my hp was higher than yours. I'm sure Rahl won't mind ranking you guys up but next time maybe you should pay attention and not get so shirty about something that is effectively your own fault.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:01 am
stressed This is why I hate not being able to get online sometimes...

Ok, the fact of the matter is Ryo has been in the guild and been crew for quite a while which made me forget that he hasn't actually been in the RP for as long as some of the others. He was also the only one actively helping me get the ranks thread updated since they needed it. (I know that's my fault, but I was trying to fix it)

Given Ryo's contributions to the guild as a whole makes me believe giving him the rank equivalent to Ranger is not out of the question. Now having said that Scuttle, I also believe that your character should be a Lord now. Other than that, as I stated before, if you feel you deserve a promotion and I missed you, you have to tell me. No one other than Ryo asked. I can't keep track of everyone all the time which is why I take suggestions very seriously. If you tell me someone should be promoted, I listen. Until now, Nia has been the only one to ever help me keep up with who should be promoted and when.

Ryokuzen Shadowstealer
scuttlefish

Raven Rahl
Captain

Desirable Wolf

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Perfect Setup 150

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:04 am
Ryokuzen Shadowstealer
scuttlefish

There was no claim made. If you actually read my post you'd see there was actually a question mark both times that I said anything relating to me being a master. Because it was just that, a question. If I was claiming I was a master I wouldn't have quoted Rahl and told you I was going to sit at rank 3 until he said otherwise.
Frankly it doesn't matter who you're angry at (If you are), because Rahl posted in an announcement to talk to him if we wished to rank up. The fact that i'm now ahead of you, Tom, Blizz etc... is because I talked to him and you didn't. It's not unfair, and it doesn't matter if you agree with it. Rahl decided it was alright for me to be a higher rank so it's alright. Hell this happened almost a month ago. If I hadn't even mentioned it in the helping the Je'daii post you'd never have noticed until I battled someone and you saw my hp was higher than yours. I'm sure Rahl won't mind ranking you guys up but next time maybe you should pay attention and not get so shirty about something that is effectively your own fault.

You keep acting like I'm the one who's angry but tbh you've been giving me a ton of attitude and it really needs to stop. You misinterpret my intent. I have no desire to rank up at the moment, Rahl said that I was rank 3 a while ago though the list says I'm still rank 2, but that list is all kinds of messed up because Mizu isn't even on it. I wasn't being shitty about it though I even apologized about being flippant, but you've been way too defensive about it and haven't been making it any better. I will own up to misinterpreting something that you said in your post, but it can be difficult to convey intentions on the internet as you've also misinterpreted things that I've said. Yes I did read your post, I did see your "compromise" saying that you would act the rank that you are officially at, but I believe there needs to be a complete overhaul of the ranking system because as Tom said we've been far too liberal with the ranks and something needs to be done.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:14 am
Raven Rahl

Ok, the fact of the matter is Ryo has been in the guild and been crew for quite a while which made me forget that he hasn't actually been in the RP for as long as some of the others. He was also the only one actively helping me get the ranks thread updated since they needed it. (I know that's my fault, but I was trying to fix it)

Given Ryo's contributions to the guild as a whole makes me believe giving him the rank equivalent to Ranger is not out of the question. Now having said that Scuttle, I also believe that your character should be a Lord now. Other than that, as I stated before, if you feel you deserve a promotion and I missed you, you have to tell me. No one other than Ryo asked. I can't keep track of everyone all the time which is why I take suggestions very seriously. If you tell me someone should be promoted, I listen. Until now, Nia has been the only one to ever help me keep up with who should be promoted and when.

I don't think Zara is ready to be a Lord yet. I think we need an overhaul of the ranking system and that there shouldn't be such a disparity between the ranks (especially the lower ones) in terms of HP. I've requested that we all refrain from using the combat system for now because everything seems to be out of whack. (we never did get around to updating the combat system, did we...)
Also I'm sorry if this sounds rude but if the only effective way to get in touch with you lately is through email that isn't something that works for me, since I don't like giving my personal email out to people on the internet and I'm not going to go through the trouble of making a fake one and checking it because honestly I don't have time for that. sweatdrop
Wow I'm just in a terrible mood guys and I'm sorry. But yeah, there is a lot of frustration and I'm going to step back for now because this is online make-believe and it's supposed to be fun and I'm not having fun.  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

Raven Rahl
Captain

Desirable Wolf

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:50 am
scuttlefish
Raven Rahl

I don't think Zara is ready to be a Lord yet. I think we need an overhaul of the ranking system and that there shouldn't be such a disparity between the ranks (especially the lower ones) in terms of HP. I've requested that we all refrain from using the combat system for now because everything seems to be out of whack. (we never did get around to updating the combat system, did we...)
Also I'm sorry if this sounds rude but if the only effective way to get in touch with you lately is through email that isn't something that works for me, since I don't like giving my personal email out to people on the internet and I'm not going to go through the trouble of making a fake one and checking it because honestly I don't have time for that. sweatdrop
Wow I'm just in a terrible mood guys and I'm sorry. But yeah, there is a lot of frustration and I'm going to step back for now because this is online make-believe and it's supposed to be fun and I'm not having fun.
Like I've always said, if you have any suggestions, tell me and I will consider them. I have been working on the combat system as much as I can and I feel I'm close to something we can test. Hopefully it works and we can use it.
As for not getting in touch with me via email, I don't take offense at all. I'm not going to go into detail about what happened to me these past 2 weeks, but Nia knows how angry and frustrated I was that I was completely unable to get on gaia. It's completely up to you if you don't want to contact me that way and I respect your privacy. There were those who did contact me and I responded the best I could.
As for Zara not being a Lord yet, that's also your choice, but in the past, I have promoted someone for the sake of the battle system and then promoted their character to that rank officially in the RP at a later time (if that makes any sense). Basically Zara could fight as a Lord, but finally get promoted to Lord in the RP once she reports back to the Emperor and her mission is a success.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:57 am
Raven Rahl
scuttlefish
Raven Rahl

Like I've always said, if you have any suggestions, tell me and I will consider them. I have been working on the combat system as much as I can and I feel I'm close to something we can test. Hopefully it works and we can use it.
As for not getting in touch with me via email, I don't take offense at all. I'm not going to go into detail about what happened to me these past 2 weeks, but Nia knows how angry and frustrated I was that I was completely unable to get on gaia. It's completely up to you if you don't want to contact me that way and I respect your privacy. There were those who did contact me and I responded the best I could.
As for Zara not being a Lord yet, that's also your choice, but in the past, I have promoted someone for the sake of the battle system and then promoted their character to that rank officially in the RP at a later time (if that makes any sense). Basically Zara could fight as a Lord, but finally get promoted to Lord in the RP once she reports back to the Emperor and her mission is a success.

I wouldn't mind being promoted strictly for combat purposes, but story-wise yeah I'd like her promotion to be something she earned over the course of the events of the RP.
But as I said I think I need to take a break from the RP for a while. Zara's conveniently in a comatose state so I don't think you guys will need me anyways ha.  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

Raven Rahl
Captain

Desirable Wolf

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:24 pm
scuttlefish
Raven Rahl
scuttlefish
Raven Rahl

I wouldn't mind being promoted strictly for combat purposes, but story-wise yeah I'd like her promotion to be something she earned over the course of the events of the RP.
But as I said I think I need to take a break from the RP for a while. Zara's conveniently in a comatose state so I don't think you guys will need me anyways ha.
Well I'm really hoping things are getting back to normal for me personally, which'll mean the battle system should be updated soon.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:30 pm
Okay - just to clear up any confusion - Ryo is ranked as a Ranger...yes/no?
Ryokuzen Shadowstealer
scuttlefish
Raven Rahl

Raven Rahl

Ryokuzen Shadowstealer
scuttlefish

Stormtrooper 289
Crew

Dangerous Deadeye

19,475 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Trader 100

Ryokuzen Shadowstealer

Dapper Explorer

5,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:30 am
Stormtrooper 289
Ryokuzen Shadowstealer
scuttlefish
Raven Rahl

Raven Rahl

Ryokuzen Shadowstealer
scuttlefish

"Given Ryo's contributions to the guild as a whole makes me believe giving him the rank equivalent to Ranger is not out of the question. "

I believe that is a yes.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:11 am
Stormtrooper 289
Ryokuzen Shadowstealer
scuttlefish
Raven Rahl

Raven Rahl

Ryokuzen Shadowstealer
scuttlefish
Equivalent to a Ranger, yes.  

Raven Rahl
Captain

Desirable Wolf

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Space, The Final Frontier (Sci-Fi RPs)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3