Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Newbie, Supporting, Training, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Welcome!
★ How to Apply to the NSTG Crew

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Captain

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:08 am
Introduction---Why the NSTG?---Details of the Job---Requirements & Application Form---F.A.Q.

User Image

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment
for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians.

Hello there! I'm Ebania, and I'm the captain of the Newbie Supporting and Training Guild.

We have been helping new Gaians get started since January 4th, 2005 by providing them with top-notch assistance, limited donations and gifts, and long-lasting friendships. Our legacy is evident in the thousands of people that we've helped in the smallest ways (answering a simple question) or in the biggest (inspiring them to stay on Gaia and become contributing members of our website's global community).

We would be nothing without our Crew. Our Crew is composed of some of the most knowledgeable, friendly, generous, and inspiring people you will ever meet on Gaia; the fact that many of them go on to become Site Moderators is a testament to that truth.

We're always looking for more dedicated, hardworking, and qualified members to join our ranks. Please keep reading below, and submit your application today!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:09 am
Introduction---Why the NSTG?---Details of the Job---Requirements & Application Form---F.A.Q.

Why the NSTG?

The NSTG is one of the greatest community service initiatives Gaia Online has ever seen, and we want you to be part of our legacy and family. Here are some of the perks of being an NSTG Crewmember:

• A safe and warm environment. We want you to feel welcome. That's why we pride ourselves on our zero-tolerance policy towards Terms of Service violations. We also pride ourselves on our Crew Discussion subforum, in which the Crew can get to know each other and talk about guild issues in private. We are more than a community -- we are a family that cares about the wellbeing of everyone present.

• The education of newbies. We have an ongoing guide collection initiative through which we will encourage guide creators to publish their excellent work in our Resources subforum. We also make frequent visits to the Q&A subforum, where we answer questions about Gaia on an individual basis.

• Fun gifting initiatives. Begun by Crewmembers at the time of the guild's inception, the Fairy Program is something of which we are all especially proud. Every month, a volunteer, posing as the NSTG Fairy, sends out gifts and inspirational messages that are unique to them, and, in this thread, recipients speculate on who gave them what.

• Seasonal contests, games, and parties. Have you ever wanted to take part in an event that would be well-received by a friendly community, but found yourself a bit short on gold? That is never a problem of any NSTG Crewmember. Whatever a Crewmember agrees to do that involves the spending of gold is totally covered by the NSTG treasury. We give contest holders a substantial individual budget in which they can buy prizes for participants in order to be fully recompensed.

• Recognition of hard work. No good deed goes unrecognized in the NSTG. Every January, we celebrate Spirit Week, during which members are encouraged to dress up according to daily themes, take part in a variety of fun contests and games, and, at the end of the week, attend a marvelous Awards Ceremony in which we recognize every single Crewmember with speeches of thanks and give prizes to our most hardworking volunteers.

• Belonging to a family. This is the greatest highlight of working in the NSTG: you're not working for a boss, you're working with everyone for everyone. We support and help each other when things go wrong, and cheer for each other when things go right. True story: An NSTG Crewmember, long after she stepped down, wrote a recommendation for me when I applied to her university for undergrad. These friendships are for life.

Ebania
Captain

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Captain

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:21 am

Details of the Job

• The Crew Discussion subforum. When first promoted, new Crewmembers introduce themselves to the rest of the Crewmember family in our Crew Discussion subforum by creating a topic and telling us a bit about themselves. They are then encouraged to thumb through the Crew Handbook that outlines the most basic duties of crewmembership -- moving topics, deleting posts, enforcing rules, etc.

• Roll Call and Committee Selection. At the beginning of every month, we expect Crewmembers to check our Roll Call and Committee Selection topic; there, they sign in and choose a committee on which they would like to serve for the month. We offer a plethora of committees that vary in the level of dedication and time that they would demand. We give our Crewmembers a choice, however, and we trust them to assess their options and pick a committee that's right for them. We are productive, yes, but we are flexible and understanding.

• Events. Crewmembers are encouraged to contribute to a variety of programs and events hosted by the NSTG. We have plenty of events throughout the year of different sizes and budgets, and every Crewmember seems to have a favorite. For more information on how Crewmembers help out during events, please check out this post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:23 am

Requirements

• Be thorough and answer each question on the application honestly and completely.

• Be active in the Newbie Supporting and Training Guild and have a minimum of 20 posts in the guild at the time that you apply.

• Be willing to undergo a waiting period of two to four weeks as the Crew reviews your application. You will not be notified if you are rejected, but you will receive a PM that will outline your responsibilities from me should you be selected to join our ranks.

• Be flexible and able to fulfill their duties by serving on one successful Crew committee and post at least 20 times in the NSTG every month. Those who find they cannot meet these requirements will be released from their position in order to give them the freedom to pursue their other interests.

Application Form

If you wish to apply, fill out the following form and send it via private message to me.

[color=cornflowerblue][b][size=14]Application for the NSTG Crew[/size][/b][/color]

[list][size=11][*][b]Username[/b]:

[*][b]Pronouns[/b]: she/her/her, he/him/his, they/them/their, etc.

[*][b]Gaia Join Date[/b]:

[*][b]Number of Posts in the NSTG[/b]:

[*][b]Most Frequented Locations / Activities on Gaia[/b]:

[*][b]Have you ever been in a leadership position in another guild? If so, please explain your responsibilities and performance.[/b]

[*][b]Have you ever been banned on any account or had an account frozen for a Terms of Service violation? If so, please explain.[/b]

[*][b]What have you done for the NSTG community that shows us that you are a trustworthy, dedicated, and friendly Crew candidate?[/b]

[*][b]What do you find most attractive about joining the NSTG Crew?[/b]

[*][b]If we should wish to see your skills in action before promoting you to the Crew, would you consider joining the Crewmember Assistance Program instead?[/b]

[*][b]Anything else?[/b]

[/size][/list]

Ebania
Captain

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Captain

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:25 am

F.A.Q.

• I have had multiple accounts in the past; can I list the join date of an earlier account?

Yes, but please explain that it is from a previous account and also include the join date of the account with which you are applying.

• Where do I find my in-guild post count?

Search for yourself on the Members page.

• Can I reapply if I am not promoted?

You will only be notified if you are accepted as a Crewmember, but if you have not been promoted and gain new qualifications (promoted in another guild, an increase in availability, etc.), feel free to send in an updated version of your application.

• Where can I find my join date?

It should appear on your profile. If it does not, change your profile preferences to have your registration date displayed, and copy that date onto your application. Another way to find our join date is to visit Gaia's sig lab and check "Show Join Date."

• Is there a salary -- monthly or otherwise -- for NSTG Crewmembers?

No. NSTG Crewmembers are volunteers who seek to make Gaia a better place while belonging to a community that is welcoming and diverse. They are often generous individuals who want to be directly involved in helping others, but would appreciate the financial aid.

• Is there a way to serve the NSTG community without making a commitment to Crewmembership?

Absolutely. You are welcome to apply to our Crewmember Assistance Program, which only requires that you contribute to two events per year.

☆ Welcome!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games