Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:54 pm
User ImageLarge paws carried the earth toned lion down one of the rocky paths towards one of the rivers that ran along the base. It was mid-day and he was planning on going hunting later in the afternoon so he figured he would hydrate himself in preparation for it. His pink eyes watched the rocky path as he nimbly walked down the steep trail.

As he neared the water he looked around and then padded over to the cool babbling brook and dipped his head to drink. He gulped down the water heartily and looked up as he thought he heard someone walking this way. He lifted his head and looked around, his mane blowing in his face a little bit. He scented the wind and he got nothing yet. They must not be in the path of the breeze, he would have to wait for whomever it was to come into view.

Green Ever After

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:56 pm
User Image

Carefully placed paw steps moved a determined, dark lion down a rugged path towards one of the rivers that poured through the lands he had recently settled decided to call home. The lion appeared weary and his eyes were blood shot, if anyone had seen him before they would know these signs for him having had a small, short vision, but with his face being new amongst the pride he had the freedom of saying it was simply lack of sleep.

Paw after paw Taranis moved, unsure of how far the water was, but hoping it wasn't much further. "Perhaps I will find them empty of company." He wished quietly to himself, but much like a lot of his life his wish was not granted. For as the river bank came into view so did the back side of a rather large, earth-toned lion that was standing there and appeared to be looking across the river and into space.

Silently the dark lion strode towards the rivers bank and lowered his head to take in a much needed drink, at the same time he closed his eyes and allowed them to rest. It was moments before he lifted his head once more, enjoying the silence a second longer, that he spoke. "The mid-day sun plays in the water quite nicely from this angle." Taranis spoke with a guarded, but warm tone. His true personality would shine in time, but for now he needed these individuals, needed them so that he could grow within himself in the safety of guarded borders. Those truths would stay well hidden for the time being though, he knew they had to.

"Do you have much planned for such nice weather?"

The dark lions understanding of the way prides work was skewed, he knew there was a structure and had learned some of the functions. He had a feeling this was a hunter, very few would have been searching the area with such fascination/concentration with the need to do so.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:19 pm
Greenie EA

Face turned towards the voice and he blinked pale eyes as he focused his sight on the dark lion with pale markings that was not too far up stream. He looked down across the dancing waters at the others words and he saw what he was talking about. He noted the others tone, it was warm but not full felt.

He wondered if the other would come closer and he listened as he spoke, asking what he might have planned for the day. The weather seemed to be fairing his choice to want to hunt this afternoon and he turned to face the other. "I've actually planned a hunt this afternoon." He was hoping it turned out well.

"What of you?" He was curious about this new face. He seemed a little off to him, but that was his personal opinion. He just came off strange, perhaps it was because he was new? He rarely went against his instincts but he could always be cautious. He gave him a warm smile as he awaited a response.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:56 am
astoriafallen

His eyes remained on the water as the other spoke to him, not enough time had passed for his blue orbs to have returned to their natural beauty. A hunter! Taranis could almost jump for joy, he was right! Though of course he was right, how could someone, like himself, be wrong. The thought nearly drove a chuckle from the dark lions maw and before he could speak again he was driven to calm himself. Part of that process was dipping his head once again to take another drink from the trickling waters.

Once Taranis' thirst was quenched he raised his head and dropped his rump. The ground beneath him was comforting, the grass was soothing. He had learned at a young adult age that if he focused on these things his eyes would return to their brilliant self. "Well I hope your hunt does go well."

"As for myself, I am new to this area and have taken it upon myself to take a look around." He blinked once, slow and with hope. Sure enough he had calmed himself to the point where his eyes were no longer in pain. Taking advantage of this situation he looked up to the earth tone lion to get a first look at his face.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:59 pm
Greenie EA

"I pray that it's fruitful." He knew well enough that the food was needed.

He wasn't entirely sure how he felt about the male that stood before him. Then again he hadn't particularly gotten to know much of anyone since he had arrived at this pride. His ears flicked slightly as the wind picked up a little and he glanced around before returning his gaze back on the black feline.

"I deem that a wise thing to do. There is much to learn about this place, as I've yet to learn it all myself." He wondered where the male had travelled from, it may come up later in conversation he was sure. Then again it might not. He would see how the conversation went before asking.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:54 am
The male nodded, agreeing with the other about hoping the hunt was indeed fruitful. Though the rank was common, in most cases, the rank was necessary and did make the world go around. Surely if there weren't any within the rank prides wouldn't survive the way they do.

Taranis suddenly realized he was distracting the other from his duties and with time in mind he decided that perhaps he could help. "You said you had a hunt planned?" Taranis wasn't an avid hunter by any means - he was certainly able to survive, especially when needed for Yamilet, but otherwise he was actually a tad bit clumsy.

"Do you mind if I come along, perhaps help?"

The offer was weak, clearly there was hesitation - not in a manner of being weak, he just simply came across as weary.

AstoriaFallen

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:39 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

Giving a nod of his head he agreed. "I did in fact! I'm sure you'll be a worthy asset, since not many have actually agree'd to come along. But given the fine shape you're in I'm sure you and I will be able to take down something quite decent, you'll also be welcome to half of the kill as you'll have shared in the duties." If the male tried to take more than what is owed to him he would put up a fight, best believe but he didn't think it would come to anything like that.

"You said you were new to the area? Recently joined or passing through."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:28 pm
"Joined."

Taranis blinked away the last of his weariness while answering the question. "I won't need half, that's far to generous." He wrinkled his nose at the offer, but tried for a small smile that failed miserably. "You'll have to show me the usual runs for hunting, those particular areas I'm not familiar with - I'll admit it." He shrugged slightly and waited patiently.

"Lead the way."

AstoriaFallen

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:49 pm
Ctrl F Greenie
with your next post we can finally call this done! o/

More than pleased the male was going to join in on the hunt he gave a nod of his head, "While we travel that way I'll go ahead and point out a few of the spots that are quite popular." Taking the lead he motioned for him to follow along after him glad to have a hunting partner on this day.  
[IC] Væringjar Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games