Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
Timber (fantasy RP) (accepting 2 people to join)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

writing_in_waters_star

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:49 pm
Some Info on the RP Intro Below:

~ Current year of RP is 4672 so future with advanced technology.

~ The city in the clouds that some say is not real and others say was real was called Syna and did exist that was till an unknown force destroyed the beauty it held, killing its people.

~ The crystal is enchanted which is why it is so durable and can grow and shrink but the enchantment has a side effect. If over used or abused too much under stress the magic on it fluctuates and causes the development of the crystals that are normally peaceful into a state of shock. In this state they expand and grow dark, trying to protect itself and whatever it is touching. How long it takes the crystal to come out of this stress once it goes dark and cloudy is unknown. The science has not learned how to mimic magic perfectly, the form of protection used in Syna.

~ Fights held underground are illegal but it is unknown to the ruling President that they are happening as his brother and adviser are to let him know of any doings going on that break the law and he trusts them to no end so he can focus on other matters such as how the city and other cities and towns around them are functioning and if any need help with anything.

~ Currency used is called Relu (re-l-u): mostly used in its digital form but can be paid out in coins as broke down below of what is wroth what.

- Copper = 5, Bronze = 10, Silver = 25, Gold = 50, Platinum = 100, Gold + Ruby = 1,000; Silver + Emerald = 50,000; Silver/Gold + Sapphire = 100,000
User Image

~ Magic does exist but is rare to see anyone with that ability as most the time if someone does magic it is thanks to a machine or device bought or created allowing them to do their trick or task by altering the chemicals or monocles in the air or surfaces to better suite their need.

~ The city this starts in is named Yayuna, named after the deceased Queen who had helped make the city as wonderful it is. The country itself is named Dinu named after that Queen's husband who then passed on also and their family's been in rule since. All had been pretty fair and kind to the people in the country but a couple times they had corruption but managed to come back from it.

~ The woman in the crystal is my main character named Rosatil Esenta. The black haired woman is my second main and is named Arosa Setintle, a shadow side to Rosatil Esenta as can be seen her first and second name are composed of the same letters as my main. It was common for those in Syna to have a counterpart that held a colder and corrupt heart. It was this lack of corrupt knowledge that lead to Syna's destruction when the unknown force that attacked it to destroy it was the counterparts to those residing in Syna in the light and warmth of the sun.

~ Rosatil Esenta's words are in Teal and she has yellow hair and violet eyes and a kind heart. The staff is hers and she can use magic with it, channeling the energy around her from the air and elements into the blue gem at the top of her staff. If she were to use a powerful enough spell it would channel up through all the gems starting from the bottom and travels up into the blue gem before being released into any form she willed it into. Using a strong spell does take its toll and can leave her vulnerable for two hours up to six hours or longer depending on how strong the spell was and how much of a tool it took on her body to handle such power.

(Follow this Link for OOC topic created for discussions of RP and Character profiles)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:50 pm
(*Post has been edited and shortened so to not blow anyone's minds up with a book intro hehe -sweat drops- I hope this edit and the image of Relu above helps*)

"Have you ever felt like something wasn't quite right to be normal like others around you?" A girl thought, her voice echoing as the sound of a water dropping came to ring in the quiet night fall. Was it a dream? Was it reality? She didn't know just feeling lost, as if floating in the night's blackness. "This feels like I am floating on air but yet....like I am on something solid. I wonder if there is something about me that is not normal and if so...is it good or bad?"

She thought to herself, the water droplet falling again, causing the water ripples to reflect, showing in a light of like the moon in color. She began to wonder where she was but could not seem to open her eyes. "No! My babies!" A woman cried out with great fear and pain.

The girl gasped trying to open her eyes but again they would not, preventing her from seeing if there was anything or anyone near her. "Who...who was that? Why was they sounding like they was crying?" She asked softly, confused and worried about the woman she heard cry out.

Unknown to the girl was her location, her slumber leaving her lost to know what was going on. She was a simple girl, dressed in ancient clothing worn by a race of people that no longer was in existence or not known to be in any case. There had been a race of people that resided in the clouds history books claimed but many theorist and scientists disputed that stating that humans could not live in the clouds because of no source of energy able to keep a city suspended in air for days to months to years on end and it not come crashing down and be found upon the ground in ruins.

Still some did believe she came from a place in the clouds due to weird engravings they had found near the huge crystal they had found sticking out of the ground some years back in the forests near the edge of a desert. Not knowing how it was formed they had discovered if put under the right pressure and force with the proper amount of shock it could actually grow and surround what it touched and to break the crystal was hard, they learned it took an excessive amount of force to break it or crack it.

Learning how to harness this and use it without leaving humans to risk of harm or becoming imprisoned by the crystal they created devices to control and hold the crystal, only being activated on these armor's when needed and would be sustained for the most two hours at most for each round then it would need to be turned off and given a rest for three hours to cool down. They learned if it went past two hours then the crystal had a strange effect to where it would go out of control and change from its green color into a tainted cloudy blackish purple and trap whatever it was touching inside and turn gray.

The scientists doing these studies all realized this and found the maximum time limit the crystal could be held under the forced pressure and electrical stimulation before it would go bazerk and attack it's wearer. Weapons were everything, studying weapons of old and to new they had created some dozy ones. It was not uncommon anymore to see modified weapons or wireless weapons and scientists felt if they continued their studies they could control unlimited power and be forever Immortal if they could harness the power they learned how to add to weapons and to some people in small go rounds.

The year in this advanced modern era was kind and grand, adored by all though his brother and his adviser hated how he was soft, kind, and understanding to everyone. He thought he knew about everything going on but didn't know about what his brother and adviser were trying to do behind his back to over throw him from power, from the country's place in power.  

writing_in_waters_star

spanksthellama

Generous Conversationalist

10,875 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:11 pm
Do we say we want to join here?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:26 pm
spanksthellama
Do we say we want to join here?

Yes, sorry I had no idea you had even posted here. -sweat-  

writing_in_waters_star

ChaliceKing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:07 am
writing_in_waters_star

I'd be interested in joining up if you have room.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:32 pm
ChaliceKing
writing_in_waters_star

I'd be interested in joining up if you have room.

Yup I have room. So far no one has offically joined or none that I'm aware of anyways -sweat drops-  

writing_in_waters_star

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff