Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:48 am
User Image

The young little prince took to wandering about the great tree today, deciding to get out of his room and his ever doting parents, which wasn't really bad per say, but sometimes his mother just didn't act the part he thought she should. True she wasn't technically a princess in this tree, and he had only heard stories of the land she and her father used to protect, but the other faunies still referred to her as a Princess..... so why didn't she always act like one?

The thoughts danced about his head as he wandered around, always with his head up, shoulders back, posture at full attention for at any moment someone would need a real Prince. Someone would need assistance somehow, somewhere and fuss and playing would never get the job done. At least that's how Chevalier saw the world. When he glanced around at other teens doing teenly things, he scoffed, sticking his nose in the air. Toddler and infant days were the acceptable ages for children to play. He was now near adult and needed to act as such.

And so he continued his 'patrol' around the tree, waiting to offer his princely services to a fellow faun in need.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:10 pm
User Image

Who is this armature they have on stage?

Ugh, gross, my ears can't take it anymore!

Get her off the stage! Please, before I get a splitting headache!

The memories flooded her any time she closed her eyes. Her dreams were filled with pony's sneering faces and screams of anger. It was as though her fans didn't even recognize her. The very same ponies who had cheered their encores the night before were now screaming out their hate. They wanted her off the stage and never to return.

What had happened to her? What had happened to her voice? The amount of ridicule and shame she felt was unlike any pain that had ever touched her. Her dreams had been taken by an angry horde and thrown on the ground to be shattered into a million pieces. She was torn away from the stage in a fit of tears and her own angry words just to find herself in the back alley behind the club she thought would lead her to her life long dream. Now she was a nobody again.

Fortissimo felt the hot tears stain her cheeks as she trudged forward. There were dark bags under her eyes and her face and eyes shone with tears. She didn't know how long she had been out here wandering around with just her memories, but from the numb feeling in her legs and the empty pit in her stomach she could tell it had been awhile.

She couldn't recall much of what had happened after that night up until this point. She knew she had been packing up her life to find a greener paster when disaster struck. What it was she couldn't tell you. All she knew is in a short span of time she lost her dreams and her home. Now she couldn't sleep, couldn't face reality, and sure didn't know where the heck she was.

Her slow plodding brought her to a bridge. She lifted her head when her hooves touched the edge of it and flinched. She didn't recall having any neck pain, she must have had her head hanging for longer than she realized. She brought a hand up to rub her neck as she lifted her eyes to the sight before her. Her jaw slacked and mouth hung open when her eyes landed on the massive tree before her. She was sure this was something she would have seen in the distance, but she has been so caught up in her own memories and worries that it only now just hit her. The rush of emotion it brought was unbearable. She was in awe, but fear of it. The beauty that the branches and leaves held dancing in the sunlight were marvelous. The way the limbs lifted themselves high into the sky as though reaching for the heavens above were breath taking. She could stare and never tire of it.

She feared it because there could be others here. In her wandering (how long had that been? Days? Hours?) she hadn't met a soul, but now she realized that she didn't know who lived on this chunk of land. Were they ponies? Aliens? Would they be friendly or would they end her misery for her?

She felt the tug again and without so much of a thought she stepped onto the bridge. One hoof in front of the other she continued to follow this feeling despite her fears and anxieties about the beings that lived there. One step at a time was all she could mentally and physically handle in her low state of being.

step step step

As she neared blobs began to form in her vision. She felt fear tighten its grip around her heart attempting to will her to run away from these beings away from this place and perhaps away from help, but the tug was too strong. The magic carrying her through this place had finally found her her way and it wasn't letting up. Even has Faun and Fauny of all different shapes and sizes formed before her she didn't turn away. It was the other ponies that actually brought a sense of relief, enough that she felt more tears burst from her eyes. She wasn't alone. Not everything had been lost.

Now that she had found her way she felt more lost than ever. Everyone seemed so settled and so at ease. How long had she been out of touch with everything? She slowly made her way towards the large tree, stepping around Faun and Fauny alike as they went about their lives like nothing had changed. She finally managed to slip her way inside where her heart about stopped in her chest. She looked around with the widest set of eyes attempting to take everything in at once. Now she understood why they lived here. This place was was like living a story.

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:19 pm
Chevy had been lost in his thoughts for a while when something caught his attention. Something he hadn't seen before.. A new fauns face! He was almost certain he hadn't seen her before, he was sure of that, he would have remembered hair like hers. And the look in her eyes... Something was wrong, that much was certain.

Time to offer his services!

Trodding over with his head high and chest out, he cleared his throat to announce his presence so as to not startle her. "Excuse me Madam, I can't help but notice you look rather out of sorts. Forgive me but I haven't seen you before, are you new to the tree? he said, no smile on his face! just the upmost look of seriousness. His purple eyes peered into her green ones as be awaited for her no doubt grateful response. He was being the perfect prince after all...or so he thought.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:24 pm
Fortissimo had been so wrapped up in investigating the sights that she didn't hear the small alicorn at first. She looked down at him and blinked a moment before looking around the area. Who had said that? Who was talking to her?

“That big booming voice ain't yours now is it, Son?” she asked her accent cutting out due to her lack of using her voice for awhile. She certainly hadn't run into anyone till now. She cleared her throat attempting to sound somewhat normal as she continued, “I ain't heard many talk like you at your age. No, that's real adult like of you.” her lips turned into a soft smile down at him, feeling almost relived to be talking to someone again. Though she had been so afraid of being around others she now knew how much she needed them as well.

The smile wasn't returned though and she frowned deeply down at him, “Why the look, Sourfoot? Have I gone an done somethin' wrong?” She didn't know the customs or rules here so she wouldn't be surprised if she stepped on some sacred grounds or needed to be ushered out.

She gave a boisterous laugh that reverberated off the sides of the tree, it was long and drawn out almost bringing tears to her eyes, “Madam, listen to you, son!” she brushed the tears away. “I was need'n a good laugh thanks for that. Now, my name is Fortissimo, not madam. Please call me Mama Blue iff'n ya like better. Most young'ns can't say or remember it otherwise.”

She patted the boy on the shoulder, “What are you doin' cooped up in this tree, anyways? Shouldn't you be outside enjoy'n this weather?”

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:37 pm
The young Alicorn... twitched. She was so... loud...and treating him like he was a kid... Outside.. playing? Surely she could tell from his looks alone he had certain Princely duties to attend to! And she was new to the tree, that much was obvious, by her reaction to his words. Cooped up?

Shaking his head in a polite way, he cleared his throat. "Thank you for the compliment Madam, but no. You have neither done anything wrong nor am I.. cooped up as you say. This is where we live... and I'm assuming the tree called you thus as well." he paused before looking her over again.

Fortissimo... that wasn't hard to say. Same area as his mother really, but even then his mother went by a nickname.... so if she insisted... "Mother Blues, let me introduce myself. I am Chevalier, son to Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and Shining Armor. Allow me to be the first to welcome you to the Great Tree Laisidhiel, home to the Faun and Fauny alike." he nodded, placing one hand in a fist at his chest as he offered her a slight head bow before turning sideways, extending one arm out to gloss it over the entire tree and upwards, gesturing to the many many rooms and the obvious busy bodies out and about on a fine day like today.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:17 pm
Fortissimo had a huge smile on her face as she glanced around the tree and appreciation. The place was incredible and though she didn't quite understand the being 'called' part she was glad she was here. She put her hands on her hips giving a low whistle, "I'm in the presence of a Prince? Well no wonder you're acting so off, boy!" She put a hand to her cheek and chuckled, "Why, you think you have some high and mighty business you gotta be taken care of, am I right?"

She came closer to him and laid a hand on his shoulder before leaning down so she could be eye level with him. Most others wouldn't dare doing something like this to a Prince. Some would be worried they'd be offending royalty, but Mama Blues was a different breed all together. She was respectful, but she was more concerned for the young one and the unneeded stress he was placing on himself by attempting to be an adult before his time.

"Take a pause, think about those around you," she searched his eyes for a moment, letting him grab the image in his mind. "Now, when it's your time who is it that is going to be the bulk of your people, hmm? Who will you be lead'n?" she straightened and held her hand out for his eyes to follow, towards the group of kids playing outside. "These young'ns are who you're gonna need ta be dealing with, dear, and what are they gonna remember about you growing up? They're gonna remember you sticking your nose up in the air is what!"

She patted his shoulder and straightened, "Now you're nice enough that I know you don't mean it. You're trying to be a prince, but, boy, people don't see that. What would really change the tide is iff'n you learned from them. Took your time to get to know them and their lives. That'll make a lasting impression." she nodded curtly at him at the end of her speech, the smile ever present. "I believe you'll make a right fine, Prancy, some day!" her twang making the name come out unbelievably off.

Fea Line

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:29 pm
Chevalier twitched. She was touching him... and she wasn't exactly a soft handed fauny like Fluttershy either. Even just her hand on his shoulder felt like a tremendous amount of weight was pressing down on his young body, as if he had uprooted the tree and now carried it on his back.

Doing his best not to squirm, he held her gaze with his own, most of her words passing in one ear and out the other. Perhaps she just came from one of the different parts of Equestria his mother and father had told him about. Perhaps that was why she was speaking to him in such way. Maybe she just didn't know or they had different views on royalty. Never the less, he couldn't be rude for her mistakes. "Quite the contrary Madam, if you'll allow me to disagree, which you will. I feel my actions thus far have been proper for someone such as myself. I consider welcoming someone who looks as lost and as weary as you do to their new home is of the utmost importance. You are a new citizen here and what kind of Prince would I be if I did not take such matters seriously." he said proudly, quite impressed with himself to boot.

His chest puffed out and he held his head high... but his gaze meandered over towards the other children playing. He scoffed. "The time for play has ended. As I journey into adult hood I must cast such foolish dreams behind me so that I may be of proper mind and body to help my people." he said quite matter of fact. The concept of play had long left his mind, or perhaps was just never there to begin with. He found it hard to recall such memories to his mind and assumed it better that way. "I believe in the future they would thank me for my dedication to their well being, I have no need to wish them ill nor treat them as such. Surely they will no doubt understand." he said, caught up in his dreams of grandeur, forgetting that he would never be a true prince to the tree, it was just a title. One in which he didn't even earn, but got in response to being the son of a Princess past.

And what even was a Prancy anyways?

Irish Night Fox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:24 pm
Man when that boy talked she felt like she was in topsy turvey town. The fancy words coming outta the mouth of a babe was almost more than she could handle. The child was polite and there was nothing wrong with that, she actually appreciated that someone was raising him right, but she ached knowing that a child's innocent lasted only so long. Sure, he was having fun going about doing his 'duties', but there would soon be so much responsibility that he'd miss the easier days. There were those who could handle it better, but everyone took a moment to reminisce about it. But what would he reminisce about?

She quieted up to allow him to speak his mind, always loving one who had their own thoughts in their brains. There were enough young'ns out there who followed one another stupidly into anything and everything. No, this boy had a great head on his shoulders. She nodded as he spoke, smiling at him, “I can agree that I am mighty glad you were around to find me. So thank ya, Prancy, for meeting me here. I know I will be need'n some assistance gett'n livi'n figured out if you really think this is where I belong now.” she glanced around the place, finding some figures familiar while others not so much. She could tell right off her people had been welcomed here by the natives, but it was still a weird feeling. Guess it would happen to anyone who use to live in the city- now they were living in a tree.

“Alright, son, I see where you're com'n from.” she nodded slowly, her mind working out another way to explain it. She could tell he very much wanted to be an adult and talking in the way of children would turn him away immediately. “I hope ya don't mind me ask'n questions then. I'd love to learn more about y'all's rulings here. If ya don't spend time with yer people how are ya planning on ruling them?” she brought up a hand to keep him from answering before she was done. “Please don't tell me ya know what is best fer them... Those rulers who had the loyalty of their people were those who listened- how have you been listen'n?”

She paused, pressing a finger to her chin as she tossed something in her mind. She hoped he knew she meant this all politely, making sure she softened her voice she continued, “Or are your ideals more important than the love and loyalty of yer people?”

She waved her hand, dismissing the questions lightly, “Iff'n that's too much fer ya I'd understand. I apologize for com'n off too heavy. I just like ya, son, and wanna be sure you're making the most of yer life.” She wanted to kick herself. Just because she didn't feel like she had received the most out of her life didn't give her the right to put the poor boy on the spot. She just showed up on a strange land and was already interrogating her only source to this place so far. “Ya know what you want outta yer life and no one can tell ya otherwise.” she spoke softly, lifting his chin gently with her knuckle, “Don't let anyone tell ya who ya gotta be- you be who ya want, ya got that?”

She pulled her hand away, straightening back up, "But, son, there ain't nothing wrong with lighten'n up!" she winked playfully at him.

Fea Line

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:05 pm
This Faunie had a mouth on her like a babbling broke in summer time. Words seemed to just flow out of it from one side to the other, and if that wasn't enough, she kept waving him silent before he had a chance to speak. Quirking a brow, he eyed her, choosing to answer her first questions ...well first. "If my subjects are like you, I will have no choice but to listen." he said quite seriously, though he meant no harm. Because play was not a thing to him, the subtle difference in a joking tone was lost to him as well. What his own brain perceived as nothing but a friendly jab often tossed between good company, tended to come more like the emotionless words of a hardened ruler.

Shaking his head, he held up his own hand and dismissed her worries. She was not harsh, in fact he was welcome of her seriousness in tone, even if he did disagree with what she had to say. One would not always agree with their subjects, he was welcome to listen to all sides. Agreeing with them was a separate matter, and on that subject, he tended to be.. well most one sided. "You mean well Madam Fortissimo, it is all well and good. I have listened to what you here have to say. I also thank you for the brief understanding that I shall aim to be what pleases me the most." he said, nodding. Though a strange pang in his chest caught him slightly off guard, he waved it away quickly.

He eyed her again as she winked at him, the notion lost to his wrongly matured mind. Instead he simply gazed at her as if something was the matter with her face and it be best if he said nothing less he offended her.

And still again with the Prancy! He must speak to mother about this strange word.

"Perhaps we have idled long enough. Come, allow me to lead you to a spare room to rest perhaps. Or if you'd rather seek an audience with the Chief. I do believe he'd like to meet another new comer...." he said, allowing himself a strange stiff smile that he felt was formal. Perhaps if she chose the later, he could make a good impression upon the chief. Maybe even study his ways for the future? That small head held big dreams of grandeur and very little notion that most of it was likely never to be, if not near impossible.

Irish Night Fox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:15 am
Most would have been appalled by what the young colt said, but Mama Blues felt laughter bubbling up in her gut. She held her tongue in order to hold the laughter back, she didn't want to come off as though she was laughing in his face so she kept a cool composure instead. She didn't feel like this was going over to well in her favor and she didn't want to make it worse.

She suppose in the end he would always make his own decisions. Whatever that ended up being. She hoped for the sake of the ponies and- other beings what did they call themselves, Faun?- that he would learn. He'd learn to not only be a leader, but a friend to his people. Most of all that he'd learn to enjoy himself as well.

At his offer of showing her to a room she felt the weariness in her hooves. As she stood there thinking about it the weariness made its way up her legs and filled every part of her being. Her wanderings had really done a number on her and only now had she considered it. She had taken breaks and slept in trees at night, but that didn't change the fact that she was plain tired of it. Having a real bed, shelter, and others around her sounded so refreshing.

She allowed all of that emotion to finally show, letting the journey sink in. Her shoulders slumped forward, eye lids hung a bit, and body stopped its tense posture as if finally allowing the weight her carried show, “A bed sounds amaz'n.” she said nodding slowly. She tossed the choices around in her mind working it out, “Though I think I would like to get the meet'n over. I dunno know how long I will be asleep, but I'd love tah not be disturbed once I'm there.” She nodded at the tree, “Take me tah yer leader.”

She followed him into the tree, “So y'all have a Chief? How do ya parents work into the royalty mold 'round here?” It seemed like such a foreign topic to her. A Princess wasn't ruling but a Chief? According to the one leading her they were still royalty somehow...

She stopped short when they neared a room. Faun or all sorts were darting in and out of the room. She looked at Chevy and could see by the glint in his eye this had to be it. She shook her head at the young one, “He's a mighty busy one, ain't he? Betta not take up too much of his time.” She laid a hand on his shoulder as she walked past him to let him know he could just wait there for the moment as she walked to the door. She had to dodge and walk on the tips of her hooves around the Fauns who passed her, trying not to step on any hooves. Man this was a bad day for her to stop in.

She poked her head in and stopped. It was pretty easy to tell who the big man in charge was with the piles of papers and fauns flitting around him. Did he really always make it a point to meet new comers? How the heck did he do it? Mama Blues decided it would be best if she made this short and sweet. She waited for a few fauns to pass through the door before she stepped in and cleared her throat loudly. Through the noise she guessed he didn't hear her because he didn't look up. She could feel others pressing in behind her but she didn't budge- she needed to have her audience with him according to the young'n and she'd get it. “Ahem!” she exaggerated a throat clearing that echoed off the walls and caused more than just him to look up at her, “Hi there, Chief. Names Fortissimo, most call me Mama Blues. Just wanted tah say hallo before I go pass out for a good long time.” she decided she didn't need to explain why and just left the confusing sentence alone. “Alrighty nice tah meet ya good luck with your work.” she gave him a quick wave before turning and swimming through the crowd in order to get back to her guide.

She met with Chevy again and frowned, “Perhaps I wasn't formal enough.” she shrugged it off, “So ya said ya got a room fer me?”

Teigra
If you just wanted to toss in a 'wtf' post XD LOL! And I don't know if he has that many people in and out of his office or what so if it doesn't work let me know. I can fix it XD I just wanted him to look insanely busy.

Fea Line

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:47 pm
Chevy's eyes held a bit of concern as the tiredness came to fruition right before his eyes on her very being. Wasting no time, and still nodding to her every word, he lead her towards the Chief's room, thinking he was doing a great service to the tree somehow in leading a new comer there. Maybe he'd even get praised by Rais himself....though that didn't seem to be the case. He was busy as usual and her visit with the Chief was... brief at best.

Sighing, he rubbed his temples as she came back out, waiting till a flock of fauns left before he could answer all her previous questions. "Forgive me, I had wanted to make haste. I see now I miscalculated how available he would be...." he began, clearing his throat, as well as some red hot embarrassment away from his cheeks. "That is Cheif Rais, leader of the Faun. My parents.... don't exactly...work in... as you say it. Mother's Princess duties seemed to have.... faded... since she no longer rules over the Crystal Empire...." he said softly, recalling the stories his mother and father had told him about such a place. Not that he had ever seen it, having been born after the travel. A small frown tickled his lips as he thought about it.

Casting all that away, he glanced back at the loud blue fauny. "Perhaps finding you a bed is best. You look like you could use some sleep." he stated matter of factly. He also wanted some time alone to think, some of her words nagging at the back of his mind no matter how hard he tried to thrust them away. Perhaps a good talk with his mother might do him good... or maybe even his father.... but right now he had a fellow Faunie to attend too. "This way if you'd please, I'm sure there's an empty room not far that you may claim as your own." he said and turned to lead her towards a vacant room.

Irish Night Fox

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:17 pm
Fortissimo felt the heaviness weighing her arm down as she lifted it to wave his comment off, “I was expect’n as much from the leader of such a large tree. It works right fine for me- I’m ready for bed!” she stifled a yawn at that point doing her best to keep up with the Fauny Prince.

“Ahh Crystal Empire.” her voice sounded far away, her eyes glazing over as she seemed to be reliving a moment in her past. Just as soon as it came it was gone and her eyes came back into focus, “Be’n the son of that pair must be a ton of work as much as it is a bless’n. What wonderful parents ya have though. Can’t say I have met them, but I certainly visited their place.” she nodded firmly as if securing the memory in mind, “Yep, quite a happy bunch in that city.”

She frowned slightly as his comment in regards to their ruling, “Is that so? Well that makes sense, since I’m suppose’n we have all kinda intruded on another’s place. Wouldn’t make sense if they took over leadership.” she shrugged, “But all of the Princesses will always be my Princesses.” she smiled over at him hoping that her comment would ease some of the hurt that seemed to come from his explanation.

Mama Blues felt a last burst of excitement at the thought of sleeping in a normal bed. She recalled sleeping in leaf piles and some tree tops, but most everything else was fuzzy for her. All she knew is how her body felt at that moment and it was crying out for a comfortable bed. “That sounds mighty fine, son.” she said, her voice growing quieter with every step. She knew she had come off heavy during their interaction, but she did genuinely like the boy. He had manners where many did not, and he was so willing to lift a hand for others. She was excited to see where life would take him, hopefully he’d learn how to have some fun with it.

She followed him the rest of the way in silence, which was a shocker. As soon as the thought of ‘bed’ came into her mind her body switched to autopilot. She kept yawning every other step of the way to the point tears where in her eyes. When he found the room he was looking for she mustered up what energy she could to thank him. “You’ve been an amaz’n help, Prancy. I hope I didn’t come off rude! You’re a wonderful young man with a big future ahead of you- and I know you know it and that’s why you are the way you are.” she patted him on the shoulder giving him a gentle smile. “It’ll be fun seeing what that is.”

“Alright.” her voice bolstered to its normal level as she headed in, “This lady has gotta get her beauty rest! Good night, tree!” with that she closed her door and flung herself onto her bed, overwhelmed by the feeling of it. She knew it wasn’t home, but it could become home, and she was willing to give it that chance.

Fea Line

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:56 am
Chevy looked side was at her, surprised to hear she had been to the Crystal Empire, though it didn't show on his face. He was battling a mix of jealousy and slight disbelief, but then he really had no reason to doubt this faunie's words. He was born here after all, she...well not. Her next words however stuck with him, of how the Princesses would still be Princesses to her, and that bit of news made his heart smile, even if his facial features did not. Instead, he offered her a very gentleman like bow. "I hope you rest well then, Madam Blues." he nodded, waited till her door was shut, and set off back about the tree to see where else he could lend a hand or hoof.

Irish Night Fox
short end post to wrap this up <3

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces