Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Plot-O-Rama
Paths of Twilight :: Court of Redemption (Plot with me!)

Quick Reply

Submit

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:10 pm
If there are any other worlds out there, why did we end up on this one? And suppose there are other worlds...
Then ours is just a little piece of something much greater. So we could have just as easily ended up somewhere else, right?
- Riku, Kingdom Hearts

[Insert Awesome Banner Here]

The Court of Redemption was once an idea formed by four like-minded senshi inspired strongly by the events and sacrifices of the Doom Tree. This idea rotted away with the passing of two of its founding members, but it is time for it to rise again...

It is time for the powered individuals of Destiny City to redeem themselves. Too many actions are being taken without thought; too many abilities are being used without thought of risk or responsibility. It is the opinion of the Senshi responsible for bringing the Court of Redemption back from the ashes that things can no longer continue as they are.

Life is to be cherished. Death is considered a very last resort and only considered if there is absolutely no chance for redemption.

This core belief is not to be mistaken for a sign of weakness or inability to act. At the heart of the Court of Redemption is strength and powerful determination; a warning to those who have been lead astray or are lacking the proper respect that Destiny City is more than just a battleground...

It's home.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:30 pm
Rules

The Court is bound by the belief that all life is precious and that the primary purpose of their ongoing fight is to save life, not to end it.

The Court also stands to preserve Destiny City as there is no sense in battle if it destroys the home that they are fighting for.

Those who wish to join must abide by this philosophy.

1. Life is a precious thing. Respect it. While violence and fighting are necessary to protect those without special powers, killing should be considered a very last resort.

2. Sometimes sacrifice is necessary. The impact of the decision leading up to that sacrifice should never be forgotten.

3. Power is not a right, it is a privilege. With great strength comes great responsibility. We do not endanger those we are sworn to protect in the name of being flashy or foolish. If possible, carry the battle away from innocent bystanders.

4. Take pride in your strength and abilities. Do not be ashamed of yourself for being good at fighting or mastering your shere. The world will always need those skilled in warfare to protect those who are not.

5. We belong to the White Moon Kingdom collectively, but our duty is to Destiny City. We walk in the shadows between light and dark, striking the balance between those who would bring our home down with their carelessness. To threaten our home is to threaten us.

6. It is not just Destiny City that we seek to redeem. We have grown careless and complacent. We strive to better ourselves as well as those that we battle against. Each encounter should be a lesson learned; one more step taken towards the light.

7. It is not just ourselves that we seek to redeem. It cannot hurt to converse with those we might otherwise battle; much insight can be gained in these circumstances and the reassembly of the Court was prompted by one of these discussions. Plant the seed of thought and it will grow.

8. If a true opportunity for purification/redemption presents itself, take it. Keep in mind, though, that some enemies are a lost cause. Not all can be redeemed. It is regrettable, but a necessary truth to come to terms with.

10. Chibis must be in bed by eight pm. Nine pm at the latest. Ten pm if it's a weekend and there is a sleepover that does not involve sneaking out to patrol.

"I know the road my heart walks." - Riku, Kingdom Hearts 3D

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:31 pm
Court of Redemption

What You Need to Know

Why Redemption?

The idea of this court initially sprung from the final redeeming act of the Makaiju tree (see Doom Tree arc) to protect the subjects of the White Moon Kingdom from the Negaverse at the expense of its own life and the lives of its offspring. It grew (see what I did there?) from a conversation that Eternal Sailor Corvus had with General King Zinkenite regarding the state of Destiny City and its need for redemption. Powered individuals have grown careless and have little respect for the power they wield or the damage it is capable of. The Court of Redemption seeks to remedy that.

Why would a senshi or powered individual decide to join and walk the Paths of Twilight?

This court is for those who would rather save lives than take them; who would rather build rather than destroy. It was initially formed by senshi who had looked death in the face, seen and sometimes taken part in terrible things and realized that it made them heartsick. In its continuation and rebirth, the Court is looking to rebuild and reeducate on what it means to respect the powers that they've been given and to protect one's home... Even if it means walking a slightly darker path to do so.

Are there benefits to following the Paths of Twilight?

The support and company of the like-minded for one thing. Training in battle skills and control of one's powers for another. The Court believes in supporting its fighters and giving them trust and loyalty.

So what's the downside?

The Court does not believe in killing, except in certain cases where the enemy is beyond any hope of redemption and the situation is completely unavoidable. If you kill, you will be punished and most likely banished from the court unless you can prove beyond any doubt that the death you caused was completely justified.

What is the Court's stance on (insert faction)? **The following views may or may not be tainted by Eternal Sailor Corvus and her personal beliefs.**

Negaverse - Learn from them. We will not win this war unless we do. Treat each encounter like a training session and take whatever you can from it. Those who share our beliefs may be willing to help us eradicate the disruption plaguing our home. Some may be worth redeeming
Dark Mirror - See above.
Knights - Work with them. They seemed to have a firm hold on how to protect our home and they may have talents that we lack.
Guardian Cats - Befriend them. Useful for large training sessions and shielding the energy of large groups.
Chibi Senshi - Have you finished your homework?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:32 pm
OOC FAQs

Question Everything

My senshi is already part of a smaller Team. Can they still walk the Paths of Twilight?

Absolutely. As long as they follow the rules and honor the ideals, there is no reason at all why they can't be part of both a Team and the Court of Redemption. An individual can even be a part of the Court without their entire team belonging, although that might be difficult for some.

How would my senshi learn about the Paths of Twilight?

Mainly through rumor after the Court is re-established. Eternal Sailor Corvus will be issuing direct invitations to some and asking that the word be spread to others. Once a senshi is accepted they are brought to a predesignated location and sworn in.

How are Meetings and Trainings conducted?

Small meetings are considered to be held at least bi-weekly to monthly, depending on the need (don't worry, most of these will not be RP'd out) with group training occurring every three to four days.

What is the Court's official stance on Chibi Scouts, peanut gallery comments aside? Can they join too?

Yes, but there are more restrictions for Chibis than there are for regular scouts. If you join you agree to never go out without a partner ('partner' means someone who is a regular senshi or knight). Patrol nights end in time for bed time (8 or 9pm) and you are forbidden from patrolling until you've done your homework.  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:35 pm
Simple and Clean

The short and sweet of it all...

Worth Fighting For

- Respect all life.
- Fight to redeem our city and those within it.
- Sometimes the right path is neither light nor dark but the shadows in between.

Senshi are NOT Terrorists!

- Never endanger an innocent.
- If the battle cannot be moved, defend those caught in the crossfire.
- If need demands it, protect the innocent from one of your own.
- Never seek to kill without just cause.

Goals

- Even the score. Both Light and Dark are mucking up Destiny City. The Light has forgotten its calling. The Dark has forgotten its roots. In the first stage of Redemption the Court seeks to strike out a place for itself in between.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:15 am
Members of the Court

Those who walk the Paths of Twilight don't necessarily believe in military precision or rank status currently, although they do recognize the need for organization in all of the current chaos.

They follow a very loose power structure with the founding members of the original Court being seen as more or less the Leaders.

Eternal Sailor Corvus, Senshi of Vengeance - Founder and Co-Captain of the Mana Court. First to walk the Paths of Twilight; Leader

Sailor Eridanus, Senshi of Ink - Founder of the Mana Court. Highly respected by Corvus, even if he is unaware of her current actions.

Super Sailor Saiph, Senshi of the Primordial - Founder and Co-Captain of the Mana Court Deceased but not forgotten.
Sailor Alshain, Senshi of Gryphons - Founder of the Mana Court. Deceased but not forgotten.

Want to Join?

Powered individuals are always welcome to walk the Paths of Twilight so if you're interested in joining, fill out the following and post it here! Just remember that your character WILL beheld to the Courts rules and ideals upon joining and there WILL be IC consequences for those who join and defect.

Code:
[color=#5B67B5][size=13][b]Sign Me Up![/size][/color]

[size=11][b]Name:[/b] (Just your asteriod/planet/wonder/whatever name.)
[b]Rank:[/b] (Sailor, Super Sailor, Eternal Sailor, Page, Knight, Guardian Cat, Etc.)
[b]General Impression:[/b] (What should we know about you? Please be brief.)
[b]Battle Strengths:[/b] (Are you awesome at close combat?  A distance fighter?  Inventive?  Tell us.  Please be brief.) ** This information may be used to pair you off in training sessions. **
[b]Battle Weaknesses:[/b] (If you've any handicaps that hinder you in a fight, this is the place to list them.  Please be brief.) ** This information may be used to pair you off in training sessions. ** [/size]

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:31 pm
RPs of Importance

While not required reading, certainly helpful for prospective members!

Please keep in mind that anything learned from RPs linked below should not be used as IC knowledge unless your character has been debriefed on the information contained by a character present in one of the RPs.

• [x] A Little Night Music (Corvus x Zinkenite)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:46 pm
Open for commentary and questions. Quote me for the quickest responses.

If you're interested in having your Order aligned character find out more about this via RP please let me know.

If you're interested in seeing how your Chaos aligned character might fit in to the grand scheme of things, let me know!

Part of walking the Paths of Twilight means redeeming Order aligned characters who have strayed just as much as chastising Chaos aligned characters.  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:12 am
Corvus is looking to get the word out and rumors started about the Paths of Twilight.

What does this mean? It means that she is looking for:

• Battles to step in on. Interrupting fights that seem to be going down hill for one member of the party, be they Nega on the verge of being brutally injured and/or killed by a senshi or a Senshi/Knight on the verge of being brutially injured and/or killed by a Nega.
  • Senshi, Negas or Knights to talk to. This includes both characters that she has crossed paths with before as well as new characters. Corvus is exploring all avenues in her fight and is looking to expand her knowledge as well as get word out.

Quote me if you're interested in plotting something out! You don't have to join to plot!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:11 am
Hi Skye,

I'd actually be quite interested in having Athene finding out more about the Paths of Twilight. He's more of a talk senshi rather than a fight one but he'll step in to best of his ability if he feels he has to. He's neutral to the Dark Mirror and dislikes the Negaverse but is against killing (he ended up stepping in between a fight between Thraen and Bischofite because he thought Thraen was going too far).

I've currently pretty slow with things though and am limiting myself to taking anything new on at the moment as I have quite a few tags that I need to catch up on. I'd love to do a rp on this once I'm caught up though :3

Skye Starrfyre Wrote:

litian

Invisible Kitten

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:44 am
litian Wrote:

Just drop me a line when you're caught up and I'd be happy to start an RP with you! I think I owe... One tag at the moment and the rest of my RPs are waiting on other people, so I'm game whenever. <3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:35 pm
Hi Skye, I've pretty much caught up on my tags so would definitely be up for Athene finding out more about the Paths of Twilight smilies/icon_smile.gif

Skye Starrfyre Wrote:

litian

Invisible Kitten

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
Plot-O-Rama

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers