Reply [RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling
<A> Deeper and Deeper Within (Ankou/Valyrmora) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:04 pm
The creature smirked a little at the sword that had been drawn, as if that would stop her should she wish to strike. But as she had thought, the woman was not all that she seemed. She turned her glowing eyes back to the one she knew to be a God.

"I an Campe, The Punisher." She bowed her bare head.

Val studied the creature as Alva replaced her sword and moved towards it. Campe, she rolled the name around her mind.

She was stood in the Underworld as it was, the river of souls ran to her right and to her left the river of fire, she could feel its heat on her skin. She could feel the weight of her armour, her hand clasped around the wooden handle of a weapon, an ornate battle axe.

Beyond the river of flames was a tower, a tall, cruel looking thing, if you were silent you could hear screams and pleas from its direction. The Pit, a place for punishment and retribution. Policed by the snake woman.A terrifying creature who forced souls to face the crimes they had committed in life.
A blink and she was back in the roots of the tree.
"I know you, Campe. You were the keeper of the dungeons."

The snake woman gave a nod.
"I am, was ... who are you?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:49 pm
Ankou lowered his arm, once the gesture was no longer necessary. While Alva's reaction had been understandable, it had not been warranted in this case.

A punisher ? That explained the vague familiarity. He had not often stuck around to observe outcomes, unless he truly had a reason to do so. Just as mortals were born every second, mortals also died every second. Downtime was a luxury he did not have back then, and that he rarely allowed himself even now.

"I am the Spirit Guide, called Ankou in this life." His names had been many, as was the case with all the gods. He would allow Valyrmora to introduce herself.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:20 am
"Yess, I have seen you." The she-creature said softly. "Here, many times, guiding the spirits into the Underworld. I wanted to go there but ... there is no safe way down. I remember leaving, but was unsure if it had been restored."

Val came forward.
"I am Valyrmora, Underworld. You may or may not remember me. Nergal was more into judgement than I. I have not been able to enter either. I will not be reborn for some time."

Campe bowed her head as the girl announced who she was, she did not look anything like a goddess, though the monster could feel an aura about her, she felt like the other one, just weak.
"So, what can I do?"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:02 pm
"There are other entryways that have been restored. Those should be safe to use for you." Ankou wasn't too worried. If somehow the woman was not meant to be there, then Cerberus would never let her pass.

"You can come back with us, if you would like."

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:58 am
Valyrmora watched the woman, or creature as she appeared to be. Unlike Cerberus she would not work on the mortal side. Yes he was a monster but not in the same league as Campe, she was quite frankly hideous and Val suspected only polite and reasonable because they, as gods were her masters. She waited for Campe's answer.

Campe studied them both and looked back to where they had come from. A forked tongue slipped from between her jagged teeth and tasted the air.
"Yess, I need to return."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:24 pm
"We will show you the way, then." Though with the new addition, there would be no choice but to do two trips, or to walk their ways back up... Thankfully they had their supplies and he knew the way from there. Athanatius knew well enough to duck out of the tree if they were gone for too long.

"Well, things seem fine to me." It was up to Valyrmora if she wished to remain and explore, or start the trek back.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:53 am
Val gave a longing look back to the chasm that led to the Underworld, it was rather disconcerting to see that nothing stood between it and where they were stood, though how would any be able to survive that drop into nothing? She breathed in, glanced to Ankou, then to Sann and the creature they had found.
"Let's go then." The sooner they started, the sooner they might be able to get back. At least her mission had been fruitful. She was so far content that the World Tree entrance was mostly secure and she had found Campe, it was encouraging that the old inhabitants were trying to find their way back.

[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff