Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Awkward question-- help me out?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BrandoTheMano

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:55 pm
So, I'm straight. This gay dude keeps hitting on me. I want to let him down easy, but I'm afraid he'll cry or something. (He's kinda faggy
emotional) How do I turn him down easy? Please help  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:19 pm
BrandoTheMano
So, I'm straight. This gay dude keeps hitting on me. I want to let him down easy, but I'm afraid he'll cry or something. (He's kinda faggy
emotional) How do I turn him down easy? Please help

As cliche as it sounds, there isn't an easy way to go about this.
Let him down as you would with anybody else whom you don't reciprocate their feelings~
I can't speak for him, but I personally can't stand when people beat around the bush, especially about things like this.. if you let him down too easy he might think you're playing games.. so be firm, but not malicious. Show some compassion for the poor guy. Matters of the heart should never be treated with humor or lies.

That's my opinion anyway~
Good luck yo~  

Almost Blue

Magic Kitten

16,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:05 pm
My advice is to firmly but calmly reiterate to him that you're straight with no inclinations towards men. Don't be rude, don't raise your voice, and don't be sarcastic or condescending. Let him know that these come-ons aren't appreciated and make you a little uncomfortable. Let him know that you don't mean to hurt his feelings but it's not going to do either of you any good for him to keep trying to talk to you.

This should preferably be done in private or off to the side. To do so in front of his friends or yours could be really embarrassing and likely add insult to injury.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:39 am
Realistically, just be honest.

If you're flattered, let him know you're flattered that he likes you but just lay it out plainly that you're not interested in him in that way. Don't use the fact you're straight as reasoning, just say that you don't look at him the way he sees you.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:47 pm
Der Fluch des Pharao
Realistically, just be honest.

If you're flattered, let him know you're flattered he likes but just lay it out plainly that you're not interested in him in that way. Don't use the fact you're straight as reasoning, just say that you don't look at him the way he sees you.

^ this. Pointing out that you are straight might make him feel like he was ignorant to that fact...ya never know how someone will react, so it's a possibility. On the flip side it's good to remember appearance doesn't equal sexual orientation <- that concept isn't always a conscious part of peoples' ideologies. It is possible that the guy who is crushing on you may think (or maybe just hope) that you are gay based on whatever his ideology is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:16 pm
                like everyone else has said, let him down gently- tell him you're not interested in him in whatever way, and that his flirting isn't appreciated or w/e. don't go full-on blunt and flip him off the next time he tries to flirt with you, or anything like that. it's rash and kinda dumb. i'd also ask if you could talk to him in private, or something like that- it can be embarrassing for the both of you, otherwise.

and.. yeah. there's no magic bullet to do this, so go with your gut i guess? take his feelings into consideration, as well. and good luck, man!
                x

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas