Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
ever had to choose between 2 cons? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:05 pm
I have and it gets a bit easier when you have been to both and can compare but, what about when it comes down to two that you haven't been 2?
Right now I have to choose between fanime in NorCal and Sakuracon in WA,
so either a 6hr drive or a 2hr plane ride, I have never been to either, they are not at the same time but I can't afford both @3@ its basically coming down to how many of my friends are going and total cost  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:43 pm
Oh! That's tough!!! If it helps, I've been to Fanime the past 5....6? years, so I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about it.

Over all, it's a pretty chill con for being so big. It grew really quickly, so definitely expect a long line to pick up your badges. The gatherings are TONS of fun, though, because they're completely fan-run.  

xinitia

Crew

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:46 pm
xinitia
Oh! That's tough!!! If it helps, I've been to Fanime the past 5....6? years, so I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about it.

Over all, it's a pretty chill con for being so big. It grew really quickly, so definitely expect a long line to pick up your badges. The gatherings are TONS of fun, though, because they're completely fan-run.
yeah my friend told me its big, not as big as anime expo here but he wants to go to sakuracon this year since fanime he might not be able to get a shift cover (hes been to both) long ticket wait is ok with me, I talk to random people in lines  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:28 pm
Extreme Cuddler
xinitia

yeah my friend told me its big, not as big as anime expo here but he wants to go to sakuracon this year since fanime he might not be able to get a shift cover (hes been to both) long ticket wait is ok with me, I talk to random people in lines

I hear ya with long ticket lines. That's actually how I met some of my best friends!

It sounds like either decision you make will be a good one.  

xinitia

Crew

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:30 pm
xinitia
Extreme Cuddler
xinitia

I hear ya with long ticket lines. That's actually how I met some of my best friends!

yeah problem I have now I won't be able to take my cosplay @3@ that I am working on since its armor can't take that to the airport and in the car not sure if it will fit with everyones stuff so I have to make another 1 XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:04 pm
Extreme Cuddler
xinitia
Extreme Cuddler
xinitia

yeah problem I have now I won't be able to take my cosplay @3@ that I am working on since its armor can't take that to the airport and in the car not sure if it will fit with everyones stuff so I have to make another 1 XD

Ahhh!! That's tough! I ran into that with some of my bigger props and armor, too.... I guess that just means you'll have to have another photoshoot. Oh, darn. wink  

xinitia

Crew

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:13 pm
xinitia
Extreme Cuddler
xinitia
Extreme Cuddler
xinitia

Ahhh!! That's tough! I ran into that with some of my bigger props and armor, too.... I guess that just means you'll have to have another photoshoot. Oh, darn. wink
heh, maybe, I can just reveal that cosplay at anime expo @3@  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:50 pm
Every bloody year I have to choose between Sugoicon or Youmacon  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:28 pm
OhNoesItsMiho

I've gone to Youmacon many times but not to Sugoicon. I'm curious, where and when is Sugoicon and what makes it as good as Youmacon?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:44 pm
smithers456
OhNoesItsMiho

I've gone to Youmacon many times but not to Sugoicon. I'm curious, where and when is Sugoicon and what makes it as good as Youmacon?
http://www.sugoicon.org/  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:09 pm
smithers456
OhNoesItsMiho

Sugoicon is in Cincinnati, OH now. It used to be in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky. The con is at the CoCoa Key Water Resort. I can't really compare the two since I've never been to Youmacon. It's a Fall con so it's usually in October or November.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:09 pm
When I lived in Massachusetts I usually had to choose between Anime Boston and PAX East. It was usually always hard for me seeing as how I have a very limited budget for conventions and everything.  

Jani Seguchi1

Married Vampire

11,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:21 pm
OhNoesItsMiho
smithers456
OhNoesItsMiho

Sugoicon is in Cincinnati, OH now. It used to be in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky. The con is at the CoCoa Key Water Resort. I can't really compare the two since I've never been to Youmacon. It's a Fall con so it's usually in October or November.

Youmacon is around the corner and I really excited to go to it. You have to go to it sometime. They don't call it Youma for nothing. It really is a very big con. It runs for 3 days straight through out each day and night and their is so much to at it that it can make your head spin. I Love checking out the Japanese Shougi cosplay chess. In this version of the game cosplayers are live pieces on a huge board on a floor. They attack each other in character. You have to audition to be a game piece. In the audition you have to show how you both win and lose a battle on the game board. It's funny when a Pokemon character takes on a really tough warrior and wins. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:26 pm
Jani Seguchi1
When I lived in Massachusetts I usually had to choose between Anime Boston and PAX East. It was usually always hard for me seeing as how I have a very limited budget for conventions and everything.

I've heard good things about Anime Boston. I live in Michigan but someday I really want to go to it. Yeah, a budget does make it hard to go to as many cons as you want to. This year I had to pass up Jafax near Grand Rapids due to that.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Jani Seguchi1

Married Vampire

11,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:05 am
smithers456
Jani Seguchi1

I've heard good things about Anime Boston. I live in Michigan but someday I really want to go to it. Yeah, a budget does make it hard to go to as many cons as you want to. This year I had to pass up Jafax near Grand Rapids due to that.

Anime Boston is a fun convention. You have 3 floors to go up and down and a really big dealers room and artist alley. Big game room as well. They have all kinds of fun things to do there. Plus the convention center is inside of a mall so you not only have con food to eat but mall food court food as well. I recommend checking it out when you get the chance to.  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff