Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]
[JRP]Getting the job done (Kandaĵa & Morgana)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:50 am
Kandaĵa was on a hunt to gather goods to trade with other druids. Earlier she had been playing with some travelers going through the providence. At first she had been quietly stalking them, but when that became to dull she started mimicking animal noises to see if they would get caught off guard. It didn't work too well as the only animals she could mimic well were birds.

She just decided to leave them alone and get to work. Her goal was to gather enough material to do a run to the Ravine prison, but because she had spent her morning goofing off, she realized that she would have to make the run another time.

Tired of looking, she plopped on the ground. It was easier to steal things then to find or making goods. She let out a sigh. The travelers earlier didn't seem to have anything on them, or she would have tried to grab some trinkets off them. She sighed and looked up at the sky. She wished that finding things wasn't so difficult!

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:15 pm
Club Snails

Morgana was restless. She could not help but want to make her plans a reality. How long had she been hiding in the shadows, just biding her time and playing by the rules of the 'Toka', those who thought their blood was better than hers. There needed to be a new rule, and new life.

The Druids needed to claim their place.

She was the blood of the throne, heir to the Queen though her father was not the King himself. She was an outcast Princess, one of a litter that was best left forgotten, as far as the Pride was concerned, and best not in the pride, as far as Uther was concerned. It made her more than a little bitter, and that got worse every day.

She spotted a strangely colored lioness ahead of her and knew that that sort of a pelt would mean to some of the snobbier Toka. She would be branded a Druid, whether she considered herself one or not. Walking closer, she cleared her throat to make herself known.

"Good evening," she said, her voice smooth and confident, rolling lowly. She always had control over herself, her actions. She was always plotting something.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:06 pm
She jumped when she heard the lioness clear her voice. Once again Kandaĵa was lost in her thoughts, ignoring the world around her. She gave the other lioness a playful smile. “Evening.” She greeted as her eyes surveyed the lioness. For now she decided the lioness wasn't a threat. The way she spoke made Kandaĵa feel like she had found someone interesting.

“My name is Kandaĵa.” she said as she stood up, getting herself eye level with the other lioness. She hadn't spent too much time in the pride and didn't know anyone else. There were a couple run ins she had, but those usually ended up with her being chased away. She had learned, from watching others, that the best thing she could do was steal from travelers and trade goods with the prisoners. Stealing was a skill that she had been perfecting for years.

“I am fairly new to this area, just joined the druids.” she explained. She didn't mind being forward with who she was, for the most part. It wasn't something that was worth lying about. If she were to lie, she wanted it to be about something interesting and worth while.

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:11 pm
Club Snails

Morgana watched the other lioness coolly, though her eyes were deep and thoughtful. She was curious about this stranger, and wondered if she might have found another soldier for her army, or another enemy to add to her list.

At the moment, she made no conclusions either way.

"Kandaja," she acknowledged, nodding her head. She could be very friendly and warm when she needed to, but what was truly sincere about her, and what was simply faked to get what she wanted, was difficult to tell apart. Even she, it sometimes seemed, had trouble telling the difference. She did not mind that too much, though: attaching herself emotionally to anything was just too dangerous.

"A druid, are you? That's good to hear. My name is Morgana. And I believe very strongly in the strength of the druids, and the right we have to a more equal life in this land. It's always good to meet another of my kind." She smiled, swishing her tail behind her.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:34 am
A fellow druid, that's good, Kandaĵa thought. She didn't know much about the difference between toka and druid. When she first came into the pride, she had met some druids and they had convinced her to stay in their pride. Her first encounter with someone of toka blood didn't end quite as well. They weren't fond of her fur color and so she just snagged some trinkets from them when they weren't looking and ran for it. It was at that point when she decided she would probably enjoy being around druids more then tokas.

“I agree with you. I haven't been here long but I think everyone deserves equal rights.” She said with a nod. Her eyes flickered with interest as she talked. “Has the pride always been like this? Or is it a recent development?”

When she had been asked to join the pride, she didn't bother asking any questions. It just seemed like a fun idea. Now that she's been in the pride for a bit, she felt like it was time for her to learn a bit about the pride.

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:09 am
Club Snails

The displaced Princess watched the newcomer thoughtfully, very interested in learning about her, and seeing what role she might play in the coming insurrection. and it had to be soon: Morgana was not sure she had it in he to wait much longer. especially now that she knew the goddess that was destined to help her to the throne.

Things were going to change.

"There has always been prejudice, but the current King is power hungry and blind. He thinks his toka are meant to rule, and he will subjugate anyone that does not meet his standards, or follows his rules to his happiness. He is a miserable excuse for a leader, and he will keep us all under his paws for as long as he can. Treating us like lesser beings, by some arbitrary standard that only he knows. He breeds hatred, and instills it in his followers. One day, I hope to stop him."

Of course, she didnt comment on how she tended to do the same thing, only her hatred was against the other side of the coin. She also didn't comment that if she chose to live as a Toka or simply as a law abiding druid, she would likely never encounter the hatred and bias that Morgana was speaking about. Details, details.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:44 am
Kandaĵa continued to listen carefully. It did seem like the druids were in a bit of a situation. If Morgana's spoke the truth, then Kandaĵa could only fear for the future. She enjoyed a bit of chaos around her, but if the king treated druids like lesser beings, then her fun would be lessened. The idea caused her to frown. It would be much more enjoyable if she lived in a pride where everyone was seen as equals.

“Why hasn't the druids spoken up against the king?” she asked curiously. Certainly it they got enough awareness, others would come to their aid to stop the king. She wondered if the druids were scared of the king and that's why they wouldn't act against him. “Are you planning on stopping him alone, because if not...”

She paused for a moment. This was a pride she just joined. It would be a mistake to go against the king right away. On the other hand, she thought it would give her some excitement. “I would be interested in helping you stop him and help the druids be treated as equals.” She nodded.

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:15 pm
Club Snails

"The King won't hear us. He shuns his own family, and won't hear of the plight of the side of his people that he hates. He would rather we were not here, but this is our land. He took it over, he has no right to push us out."

She shook her head, feeling her skin crawling under her fur, her anger rising through her as she thought about Uther, about his reign and his attitude, and the fact that there were no Druids in any sort of position of power. They were patted on the head and given their own little spit of land to stay in, but they were also commonly thrown into the ravine prison.

It was just more convenient for him to have them out of sight. But they would not stay there for long, most certainly not.

She did smile a bit when the other offered her service, smiling smoothly and nodding her head graciously. It was good to have others that wanted to join her, that she could count on and use as necessary. She needed to speak with Afriti, to get their uprising moving. Only Afriti could get close to the King, with her powers.

"I will look forward to calling on you, then, and having you help me. It's very kind of you to offer, and it will not be forgotten."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:34 pm
Kandaja frowned the more she listened to Morgana talk about the king. It didn't seem right what the king was doing. Taking lands from the druids. “That sounds horrible. He needs to be stopped.” She knew there wasn't much she could do to help, but if Morgana was planning on stopping the king, she would do anything in her power to help. Even if that meant hunting for others who were hard at work.

“I'll do anything I can to help your cause.” She said with a nod, her tail flicking with excitement. Part of her really did want to help the druids, but a small part of her really just wanted to watch that chaos unfold. Either way, she would be sure to be around to watch the situation.

Lithia_Brandon
I think we can finish it with your post, if you want to.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:51 am
Club Snails
Fin for me!

Morgana nodded her head, smiling at the lioness in her vaguely unsettling way. Her brain was always turning, and she was always keeping her mind open for opportunities. This was one she was not going to miss.

"I appreciate your offer, and I will call on you when it is needed. For now, try to get used to things around her, speak with other druids. Enjoy yourself, for now, and I will send word."

She nodded her head and then moved to excuse herself, backing away and then turning and disappearing back the way she had come. She was feeling very confident about herself, about the way things were going. She just had to rely on this goddess, on herself, and they would most certainly win. All of those that aided her, all the Druids that promised their loyalty, would reap the rewards.

Soon.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out