Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Finding Friendship (Pachu'a, Akos & Inoshishioni) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:45 am
"Hello," Inoshishioni said, getting up and stretching slowly, working each and every muscle as leaves shed from him as though he himself were a tree. Here was someone new. Perhaps someone who might have some interesting insights into the questions of the day. Whichever day they happened to address.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:02 am
Akos hadn't realized how tense he had been until that single word let him relax. It was good, at least this one didn't hate words.

His smile is genuine as Akos nods to the smaller stallion. "Um . . . I'm Akos." Well, that wasn't his brightest greeting, but it would do.

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:41 am
"Are you?" Inoshishioni asked, seeming curious. He sat down in the leaves again, this time not hidden in them, and studied the larger Soq. "Akos. You are Akos," he said, trying it out. "It tells me little. Akos. It would be like saying that I am Inoshishioni. I am not. It is my name, and Inoshishioni is me, as it is a part of me, but I... I am not Inoshishioni, for it is not the whole of who I am. Is Akos the whole of who you are, as you see yourself?" He asked, considering that.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:00 am
Akos smiled. Well, from silence to its opposite, it was interesting traveling. He took a moment to think and shifted the lantern from one clawed foot to the other.

"Well, Inoshishioni. So far as I understand names, they are labels to identify the truth of that which they are labeling. They are not intended to represent the sum, but be an ease with which to identify the whole being. I am Akos in that it is the label by which I am identified. The understanding of the whole of any thing likely takes longer than an individual my spend in the study of that thing. However, a name is a place whereby any information learned may be stored, becoming, as awareness of the one named is gained, more an more an understanding of that one."

Akos thinks about what he said for a moment before nodding. "Yes, I am Akos. That the name has no further information behind it in your mind is only a lack of time studying. When you have learned more, your mind will process that information as belonging to the name Akos and that name will mean more of who and what I am than it does now."

"I will admit, I do not fully understand myself, I could not express all that I am, as I see myself, not having words to which I may express my understanding, nor perspective by which to see how that which I do not yet understand may be quantified."

"And so I travel. And in doing so I hope to find a deeper understanding of myself. Yet still, all that I know will be a part of me, as I identify myself. And my name, Akos is my way of introducing who I am to others, to invite them to learn more of who I am as a whole."

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:51 pm
LydaLynn

(sorry about the delay. I was sure I posted, I think Gaia ate it! Because I recall replying to this post. x.x)

"A fascinating way to imagine it," Inoshishioni said, fascinated. "The name is not a representation of the whole, but rather a basket for the knowledge of the whole. But a basket is an imperfect container, much as the mind is imperfect. What then of the places where knowledge, like sand trickles away? Further, truth changes. What I know to be true of you today might be different upon the morrow. Where then stands the basket that is your name? Can the contents affect the label?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:26 am
Bardess Ookami

Akos smiles as he shakes his head. This was indeed a change from that earlier stallion. "If something trickles away, it is because it does not hold up over time. If you take something perceived once as truth and never perceive it again, it will get lost. But most things which are true, continue to be true, continue to be perceived and experienced. Each time an aspect is observed, it gains weight, becoming unable to trickle away."

"As for the changing of truth, it is not the truth which changes. It is either that the original perception was somehow flawed, or that the perspective has changed. Much as seeing only one side of a cube may lead to the perception of a square. Yet seeing more of the whole grants the understanding of the cube's true nature."

"But the concept of truth is a flawed one. Truth lays too heavily upon perception. Fact is a more empirical measure, yet still such things are dependent upon our knowledge and understanding."
Akos shakes his head again.

"But this is a discussion of philosophy. It tells nothing of the self. It is couched in concepts and measures. Ultimately, these words hold no true weight, no true meaning. Who I am and who I express myself to be are not the same. And can never be the same. As we can never truly observe ourselves and each observer of us observes through their own distorted lenses while both the observer and the observed change the other."

"So, you can accept that I am Akos, and choose to use that name in whatever manner you wish, or you can not. But I am on a journey to find myself, my people, my past. And I hope to find friends and companions along the way. I do wonder, Inoshishioni, if you might be one such as that."

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:25 pm
LydaLynn

Inoshishioni listened to everything, and stored away most of the comments to be discussed later, seizing first upon an early comment in the speech. "Ah but a tower built on sand will still fall," he said. "What you said presupposes that your statement abut the immutable nature of truth is in fact correct, when it is, conversely, mistaken. Truth can change.
"Presume, for example that resting between us was a single whole apple. Were we to circle it, to perceive it from every feasible physical angle, that there was a single apple between us would be a truth. Disputable, as all things are, but known all the same. A truth not perceived and actual.
"Then, pretend I eat half of the apple, the smaller half as I am the smaller body, and you eat the rest. Then we are still in our same places, we are equidistant from each other as we were before, but the truth of the apple has changed in time. The apple had been there before, and that was truth. The apple would not be there now, and that too would be the truth. The apple is there was true, the apple is there is no longer true. Truth can change.
"The truth of people can as well," he continued. "You say you are learning who you are, and are seeking others to come to know. That knowledge changes not just your perception of you, but also the core truth of you. We are shaped at all times, those who are not closed minded, by those around us. Are we not?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:10 am
Bardess Ookami

Akos shakes his head, "I begin to believe you are not speaking of philosophy, but rather being contrary for the sake of contrariness."

"But if you wish to change the discussion from one of baskets to one of towers, I would presume that one would study a foundation, taking time and clearing away any sand before building upon that foundation. Lest, as you say, the tower were to fall."

"Yet your point as to truth and an apple,"
Akos sighs as he shakes his head again. "As I mentioned, Truth relies to heavily upon perception. Yet the perception of the apple is still accurate as fact. You have forgotten to factor the fourth dimension in which we move. For time is a factor of all observations. The apple was in that place at that time, this fact does not change for the movement of time changing its state. If you wish to plot an object and rely upon that plotting as truth . . . truth is too subjective, rather as fact, then you must plot all points upon which the apple may be observed and time is a factor of that observation." Akos lets out his breath slowly.

Beginning to wonder why he bothered traveling he shifts the lantern from one claw to the other. First he met a stallion who refused to speak. Now there was this small stallion who couldn't seem to stop talking. That in itself wouldn't have been a problem, but it began to seem as though he only wished to argue. Akos wanted to find and make friends. But starting to wonder if that was going to be possible with the strangers he was encountering.

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:36 am
LydaLynn

Inoshishioni's eyes lit up. He didn't read the other's mind, he had no way to, but their minds were traveling similar paths, just... not quite the same one. "It has been some time indeed since a conversation was last so fun, that I last spoke to one who thinks as deep as you do. Where would the truth of the moment be if I said that we were friends, in this moment of time and space. Would the truth be present within the statement?"  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:11 am
Bardess Ookami

Akos smiles, though it comes a bit slower for his weariness. "In this moment friendship is a potential. There is a promise and hope in such potential, but as yet it is an unproven theory. There is more than conversation in friendship. There is . . . understanding and acceptance. Acceptance can come more easily but prove more difficult over time. Understanding is much like the foundation of truth you speak of building upon. It is slowly found over time."

Akos sighs as he transfers the lantern again. He didn't realize how heavy and unwieldy it was until he tried holding it in his claws for a while. "My apologies, Inoshishioni. Yet I must find a place to rest the lantern if we are to continue this discussion."

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:33 pm
LydaLynn
Inoshishioni nodded. "Of course one should be comfortable when discussing important matters, and all things that matter are, in the end, important. Lead and I shall follow, physically in the least. Verbally the sparing seems more the sort to lend to learning and thinking than the following. Please, lead on until you find a place to rest the lantern in safety and comfort and we can discuss the potentialities of future moments. Mayhaps we can too find food to eat, as one must nourish mind and body both, lest the failing of one deteriorate the other.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:44 am
Bardess Ookami

Akos nods. Such a strange little stallion. But Akos was starting to like him. Without another word he took the lantern back into his beak and started off down the trail the way he had been going. He couldn't help but flex his claws a few times as he walked. It felt good not to be holding the lantern.

After a while a fallen forest giant presented itself. It looked as though the tree had been felled by lightning, but though charred, the trunk looked sturdy enough. Akos tested it with a taloned foot to ensure it would bear weight before placing the lantern upon it. He gently opens the small door in the lantern before stepping back. A smile lights his face as Jack, predictably, buzzes over to join Anne at the lantern.

That accomplished Akos turns back to Inoshishioni. "I thank you for your patience."

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:08 pm
LydaLynn
"There is nothing for you to thank me over," he said, inclining his head softly. "Walking is a good way to exercise the body whilst exercising the mind. Sometimes the presence of another without speech can inspire thoughts to move in ever more interesting ways. A moment without contemplation can often be a moment quite wasted. Even in rest, I always try to think. Dreams are, after all, the mind's way to sort though the thoughts, sights, and impressions from the day, with some imagination liberally added. They are wonderful things, dreams. Are they not?"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:52 am
Bardess Ookami

Akos watches the sprite pair for another moment while he listens to Inoshishioni's words. A moment of thought before turning back to the mini stallion. "Dreams can be amazing things. They can also be frightening or overwhelming. A dream can inspire. But dreams should be approached with some measure of understanding. A dream can generate such hope. But when a dream is too big, it can overwhelm the dreamer, crushing the spirit. Yet still, a dream is a necessary thing. It can lead us in directions our waking mind would never venture."  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:40 am
LydaLynn
(Sorry I am going so long between posts. Inoshishioni takes a very... particular state of mind, and recently I have had trouble sliding into it.... sweatdrop )

He nodded. "Dreams of all sorts are important, they lead us on a journey we might never otherwise join. Dreams, the ones we have while we sleep, and the lucid ones that lead us on when we are awake, both shape who we are and who we shall be. Every experience that we allow to touch us does that, of course, but dreams... ah dreams have a special quality, a special power over us. They can be born within, but they are encouraged within and without, they are shaped and grow and change, even as they shape us, grow us, change us. Dreams... ah dreams. I once heard a fascinating quotation that has stuck with me, on the topic of dreams, at least, peripherally.

"To be, or not to be, that is the question—
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep—
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
The Heart-ache, and the thousand Natural shocks
That Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep,
To sleep, perchance to Dream; Aye, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause.

"What dreams may come, even in death?" he whispered, overawed. "It is awesome to contemplate that we may yet dream after we have died... After we have, as the quote said, shuffled off this mortal coil. I rather like that turn of phrase, actually. But more to the point of dreams, to think that we could think, after we have perished... the implications are astounding. To dream after the flesh has been rent asunder implies that the flesh is not the whole of who we are, nor is it even necessary for who we are. That we continue after we have died, that we need not live to be. To be or not to be, it is not measure by if we breathe, it is measured then... by if we dream. It is a fascinating theory, anyway," he said, watching his new friend, content. To be or not to be, but what does it mean to be? To breathe and live, or perchance... just to think is to be, to have opinions and thoughts and dreams, mayhaps, is to never loose oneself. Even after death.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff