Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:46 pm
THIS RPS THEME SONG THX ALOT THAL

Meeting the Kōri-Ou had happened by chance in no mans land. Neither feline had titles at the time but Mii'zer remembered the kindness the golden lion gave him with sharing a meal when the cheetah had been in need. In return the two had traveled together with Mii'zer as the unofficial warrior. In time the felines had parted ways with but the lingering memory of past kindnesses.

So, when the honored Kōri-Ou came to Mii'zer with an honored position in his pride, the decision had been an easy one. The cheetah had rounded up two of his children and followed Zerrin to the icy peaks where the kingdom was to be with the Saiho.

The kingdom was not well enough protected as far as Mii'zer could see. Sure, it would take an attack some time to get to the peaks of the mountain, but the kingdom was pretty much defenseless aside from a few cheetah and the Saiho's personal guard. Scholars and Creatives might put up a little bit of a fight but the cheetah knew invaders would put quick work to such a kingdom.

So Mii'zer had an audience with the king on the topic. While Zerrin was not a military guy, he understood why the cheetah warrior had concerns. The two came to the agreement that Mii'zer could hand pick his army. There were conditions though. One of the conditions being that the army must be made up of cheetahs. Zerrins reasoning being that cheetah were better equipped than any other species to patrol with out coming off as overly aggressive or threatening as they could patrol quickly and nimbly in the background. Zerrin wanted his kingdom safe but not at the cost of having his kingdom losing its tranquility.

Mii'zer agreed. It was the peace of the kingdom he wanted to protect, not crush. So the cheetah left the Kōri-Ou to his kingdom and went in search for cheetahs of skill.

The mission had taken many moons, but Mii'zer was successful. He'd found his ideal army after a great deal of travel and negotiations. Mii'zer would personally take it upon him self to train every one of them up, and probably even learn quite a bit from some of the more seasoned of warriors.

For now, the group of future soldiers would have to stay closer to the base of the mountain until they were fully accepted and worthy of joining the likes of Kōri-Roh.

A very weary, but stern, Mii'zer sat high on top of a rock. His mismatched eyes hooded and his mouth curved downward in to an almost frown. Now was not the time to celebrate. Now was the time to be sure he'd chosen wisely.

"It is a great honor to have all of you here. My mission is not my own nor will your mission be assuming you stay. We are here with one common goal and that is to protect the great peace of this land when the peace is threatened."

He lowered his head.

"While I am confident in my choices. Can I ask if you think you're suitable for such a position? We are here to stomp out trouble should it arise." There was emphasis on the should. "We will not be a military of pure brutes. We will be a military of wit and honor."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:14 pm
User Image User Image User Image User Image

Legolas ||
The first of the gathered cheetahs was a youth that had been found somewhere in the woods to the west. He was lithe but strong, swift as an arrow shot from a drawn bow and just about as deadly. He could pick a point on a target from a decent distance away and hone in on it with deadly accuracy. The cheetah standing atop the rock had observed him from a distance. A gazelle herd had broken as the young blonde cheetah shot out, bypassing one after the other. Weak ones, sick ones, slow ones, even lame ones. He had his target and nothing detoured him. He bounded over rocks, around ditches, and caught his target's spine. Before the gazelle had hit the ground, it was dead.

The youth was also eloquent and carried himself with a regal air. His gait was smooth as silk and his quietly accented voice was almost luring. There was an air of confidence about him but typical of a cat his age, he had an attitude and a tongue to back it up. The request seemed to be that each one of them made an account of their skill to prove themselves worthy.

Taking initiative, the cheetah took a step forward and raised his chin. His voice picked up, clear as a bell, for his company to hear. "Legolas. I believe I am more than suited for the tasks you ask of us. Show me a challenge and let me face it. You will not be disappointed."

Faer'aste ||
In stark contrast, a shadow stood black as spilled ink. He stood out beside the fair-pelted cheetahs on each side of him. Shocking white eyes stared out of a grim, black face licked with scars. A mangle of white hung over one side, shaggy and beaten as its bearer. The dark cheetah was thin and covered in scars and hurts. His muscles bulged out from under the ebony coat and shone like raven's feathers against the sunlight. He had met the general miles from his homeland, wandering aimlessly.

He could hunt, and he did so. His kills were often crippled and left alive even while he ate them. In his culture, that was acceptable. Let the weak feel every moment of agony as their life bled away from them to feed the strong. Might was right. Weakness was not tolerated. Why he had hesitated that day... he did not know. Why this cheetah wished to have him fight, he did not know...but he did need a purpose and a direction.

He stared at the commander and narrowed his eyes as the first cheetah spoke up. As Legolas re-joined the ranks, Faer lifted his eyes and stated in a low voice like a stone rolling over gravel. "... show me your enemies. I will show you my reason for being here."

Chirei ||
She was an ivory pelted female with a single tribal sock and a stoney nose. The female had put a few steps between herself and the ebony male and refused to take her eyes off of him. He was dark, dangerous, and smelled like old blood. When he looked her way, feeling her eyes on him, her own eyes snapped forward. The commander was talking? Oh uh....

She sighed as the two males went ahead of her. Not one to be a leader, rather she was a follower, she listened and nodded quietly to herself. An introduction, then, though the dark male hadn't given a name. In fact, he only gave a threat. Or a promise? She shuddered to think which one.

"Chirei, sir." She said when the black male fell silent. "I'm...not sure I'm ready yet, but I will be! Teach me and test me as you see fit. I'm willing."

Basira ||
The final female was a green and white female with a sharp look in her eyes. She stood at attention with her proud head held high and her shoulders thrown back. One after the other, the cheetahs to her left introduced themselves...sort of, and fell back into line. She was quietly glad to know that she wasn't the only female here but the white female seemed timid, meek, and inexperienced. She lacked confidence and discipline. Likely a female from a rogue family. No structure. No discipline.

"Basira sir." She answered sharply. "I can't say a thing the others have not said. Let's not waste any more time."

Alpaca Chobi

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:53 pm
Hónap

The blue celestial pelted cheetah had though it best if he stayed closer to the back. Not because Hónap was shy, but because he was a little nervous being here. In truth the blue cheetah had never been a warrior but the cause Mii'zer had was worthy of at least trying.

Hónap had been a traveling bard and while he had his own run in with trouble, he'd never been trained in the arts of war like some of his counterparts he stood beside. But the cheetah figured he'd give it his all. Mii'zer had chosen him not for strength but for willingness and the fact he'd could probably think a little closer to the citizens he was protecting. A soldier was a soldier as long as he was willing and at the very least, the celestial pelted cheetah had that going for him.

"Hónap... sir." His ears went back, "I will give it my all."

Victini

Victini was more along the lines of the other candidates in the fact he was no green horn to a fight. Mii'zer had come across the cheetah in the desert and was challenged. Victini was a wild west feisty sort to love a challenge.

The two dueled. Mii'zer won, paws down, and here Victini was upholding his end of the deal.

"'Course sir." Was all he said.

Hyun Jung

Hyun was a cheetah of little words. She could talk just fine but often didn't unless something needed to be saying. Mii'zer had witnessed her stare down a water buffalo and scare it off with out so much as a word. The creature would have charged her otherwise.

It was a gamble taking Hyun on because it was hard to tell what it was that she was thinking. All the same, he wanted to give her a shot. So there the cheetah sat very silent.

Pamiiyok

Pamiiyok had been the daughter of a warrior that Mii'zer wanted to recruit. Instead, the warrior sent his eldest daughter who assured Mii'zer would preform just fine. Mii'zer, having trained warrior daughters of his own, agreed to take the girl.

Pamiiyok hadn't been completely happy with her future being decided for her and protested with her father but in the end, her fathers word was law. She was at the very least good at following orders and had potential of being a real strong warrior assuming her fathers words were true. Mii'zer had not seen the female in battle.

But that was what training was for.

"I am here to serve," Was all the natural brown female said with a nod of her head.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:40 pm
To be honest, Mii'zer was taking a bit of a gamble with some of his choices. However, there was one cheetah he was sure he would be able to count on and that was Legolas and possibly Faer'aste. The darker male cheetah seemed a little rough around the edges but Mii'zer didn't mind that.

Most of the other picks showed some promise as well but Mii'zer was sure he was still taking a gamble on some like Honap. Honap had been a wandering bard, not a warrior. Perhaps he'd be able to discipline him, perhaps not. Either way he was a good recruit as a working citizen.

The blue cheetah's head lifted high and his eyes pierced coldly through the crowd gathered here. He knew who they all were from scouting their talent but Mii'zer didn't really know who they were at the core. Not just yet at least.

"Very good." His voice was calm and cold. "Glad to see all of you all eager to get started."

He paused looking over the group.

"Lucky us. An even number. Will keep that in mind if we need to split up in to groups. But before I assign you a sparring partner I need to know what skill level you actually have. I need you to take down one of those prey beasts in the valley."

The blue cheetah gestured over toward a small herd of grazing prey beasts. The prey beasts them selves would have never consented to such a task as being hunted and killed. This was for real.

Quote:

You will randomize each characters power/performance level. Characters that are ICly more powerful have a higher hit percentage than characters who are less experienced. RP the task out in your post how you'd like. Each character must have their own post

Legolas - 15 to 20

Victini - 5 to 20

Hónap - 1 to 10

Faer'aste - 15 to 20

Chirei - 1 to 10

Pamiiyok - 5 to 15

Hyun Jung - 5 to 20

Basira - 5 to 20

Mwamba Nyota - 15 to 20

How to score:
1 - 5 - You weren't even able to get close to the herd. You scared your target off and should be ashamed.
6 - 10 - You might have gotten close and even been able to touch your target, but you failed. Just shouldn't be ashamed of that fact.
11 - 15 - WAHOO! You managed to pick off a sick or small prey beast but you were probably a bit sloppy. You need to work on your methods but all and all good job.
16 - 19 - You probably were able to pick off a really awesome kill and probably looked snazzy doing so.
20 - The best and most stylish kill ever. Great job. You will be given a crown of horns of your prey beast. I bet that prey beast didn't even mind dying for your cause you were so awesome.

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Thalion generated a random number between 15 and 20 ... 19!

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:42 am
Legolas ||
The challenge was given and Legolas was quick to accept. He turned his head, his sharp eyes roaming over the nearby herd of preybeasts. Without so much as a glance to the others in the recruitment party, the cheetah slank forward, his shoulders hunched up over his spine and his ears laid flat agianst his back. He took a step, a silent breath, then moved once more. The herd didn't sense him until his silent paws came within a few strides of one of the otter members of the herd.

The first gazelle's head shot up and the herd broke, their tails snapping up as a warning to their herdmates. Legolas shot from the grass like a bolt of lightning from a storm cloud. A blur of green and gold rushed through the herd, bypassing the sick, bypassing the wounded, bypassing the old and the young.

Opening his maw, he sprang forward. As he had before, the cheetah seized the spine of the gazelle and flipped it from its hooves. The gazelle made a strangled cry but it was short-lived. Before he hit the ground, he was dead.

Legolas wiped the blood from his maw, placed his bloodied paw on the body of his kill, and turned to face his commander.

Alpaca Chobi generated a random number between 5 and 20 ... 13!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:31 pm
Victini

Legolas had left quite an act to be followed but Victini was sure he could follow that act. The cheetah looked to his general and gave him an over confident smirk before he stalked off to do the task.

The grass provided enough cover for the fire cracker of a cheetah. He was able to slink his way quietly and unnoticed in to a faction of the prey beast group that had broken off from Legolas's performance. The cheetahs confidence got the better of him as he'd revealed him self a tad bit too soon causing most of the prey beasts to scatter. All but one elderly one that was to tired to run to far from Victini. The elder prey beast had already gotten away from Legolas but unfortunately, he was not able to get away from Victini.

The tan cheetah managed to take the prey beast down but the over all performance was sloppy. The cheetah held his head up high any ways. He'd taken down one at least.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Alpaca Chobi generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 10!

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:37 pm
Hónap

The blue silver white cheetah was excited now. At least this test was one of hunting and not fighting. Hónap was afraid of who he might get placed with in a spar. He sure hoped to the gods it wasn't that ebony cheetah. That one scared the metaphorical pants off of Hónap.

Hunting was do able though. He wasn't worried about the two cheetah's who'd gone before him. Sure, one had been flashy and one had just managed to get a prey beast, but Hónap didnt care to beat them in performance. He just wanted to get performed.

And so the cheetah sunk down in to the grass and targeted one of the closer factions of prey beasts. Slowly and slowly still , Hónap managed to drag him self among their likes and lurk for a while. Unlucky for him, the prey beasts were all very much alert at this moment and were able to spot the blue cheetah before Hónap could make a move. They all scattered leaving Hónap behind . The cheetah tried to catch up but it was all to late.

He'd given the task his best but ultimately came up empty pawed.  
Thalion generated a random number between 15 and 20 ... 18!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:55 pm
Fa'er ||
The dark cheetah observed the others as they each took their turns. The blonde one brought down his kill with a lethal sense of focus and accuracy, the others were clearly less experienced but no less determined. Their performance mattered very little. He had his own test to focus on. It was, however, nice to see how well the others performed so he could see for himself the sort of competition he was up against.

Crouching low as his turn came around, the cheetah's shoulders rose up over his spine and shifted back and forth with his long, purposeful gaits. Of course, by now the herd was scattered to the four winds with the majority of the gazelles bouncing on the horizon, their white tails barely specks against the golden horizon. He moved into the grass, shifting silently through, moving only with the wind. It took some time, but he found himself a section of the herd that had settled to rest, much of them well winded by now.

Unlike the blonde, he took what opportunity he could. Let the weak and the old fall at the paws of the strong, let the young crumble early if they could not find the power to survive. Like a shadow he shot from the grass, swift and silent. His paws flew over the grasslands, his powerful legs coiling and loosing like a pair of springs. Claws tore into the turf and launched him further outwards. A few precise strides, one startled cry, and a splash of blood later, a young gazelle fell to the ground with its neck twisted at an awkward angle. The dark cheetah lowered himself beside the kill, still gripping the creature's throat in his now bloodstained maw. Sweet victory...

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 7!

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:21 pm
Chirei ||
"Okay! Okay my turn. Okay." The pale cheetah perked up and glanced around. Of course... the black cheetah's display was a little... uncomfortable. He was still laying by his kill, his fangs deep in the little creature's flesh and his eyes threatening violence to any that came close. Well....he was on the skinny side. maybe he just really wanted to keep his food to himself? Fair was fair. She then realized that Faer had startled the nearest herd.

"....oh man... I have to... track too? Oh I should have gone first. I knew it! I knew it."

Trudging forward, she followed the little bouncing white tails for quite a ways. The herd eventually tired again and stopped beside the river. She perked her head up, then dropped down to her belly. Okay. She had seen her mother do this a million times. Maybe less than that. Twice. But she was smart right? She could figure this out...

Stalking a little closer she waited half a second then launched herself out. The already winded herd broke again, some kicking out of the mud in order to tear away. She reached a paw out, stretching, straining, and managed only to slap the hind quarters of one of the gazelles. Tumbling to a stop, she turned and lifted her head. Not one dropped- and now they were way too far off.

".......I meant to slap him. That'll teach him! Yeah. ....did I fail?"

Alpaca Chobi generated a random number between 5 and 15 ... 10!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:03 pm
Pamiiyok
Pamiiyok was silently agreeing with the female that went before her. She really wished she'd been one of the first to go. Now the gazelle were scattered further and further out which would make the hunt more difficult. The prey beast were all alerted to their presence and their brothers and sisters were being picked off quite readily. But she figured there was an army to feed and a pride and the food would not go to waste.

Groaning, the cheetah took to the grasses and disappeared in to them. This female was no stranger to the hunt and she figured she might be able to scare a couple of the prey beasts a little closer to the group while taking some down. MAYBE. Who knew.

Now the female was under hoof of the gazelle. Pamiiyok readied her self to make a move only to have the group scatter. They jumped to and fro not even trying to keep in a group at this point.

"Damn!"

She'd not performed poorly, but she hadn't been able to obtain her objective. Her birth father would have counted that as a fail. Pamiiyok's ears went back in shame.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Alpaca Chobi generated a random number between 5 and 20 ... 10!

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:11 pm
Hyun Jung

Pamiiyok had not directed the prey beast back towards the group but instead scattered them even more. Hyun Jung knew it wasn't the young cheetahs fault but couldn't help feeling bitter all the same. This made the task all that much more difficult. She'd need to bring her a game.

Luckily, Hyun Jung was not a cheetah of many words so silence was not something she struggled with. She melted in to the grass with expertise. Each of the females steps were carefully executed and calculated. She had skill.

The target were two that had stayed together after the scatter. The reasoning being that she'd be able to snag one of the two no problem.

Very quickly, the cheetah broke in to a sprint not even bothering to sneak fully up. She got close, but the prey beasts were on their toes by now and fled. One narrowly escaping the jaws of the female. The two were gone and sent some of the prey beasts out further in sprints in all sorts of directions. The group of gazelle were moving further and further out.

Hyun Jung sat catching her breath. She was seething at her self for not stepping up to the plate sooner but also inwardly beating her self up for not being good enough to take one down.  
Thalion generated a random number between 5 and 20 ... 7!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:09 am
Basira ||

The female watched each hunter take their turn. She had drawn lots for the second to last position. By then the herds had scattered into smaller, now very alert groups. It wasn't an ideal situation but she could see the sense in the task. Many of those who had first gone were already resting themselves after their sprint. Legolas was laying neatly by his kill, quietly observing the others with a clever set of blue eyes. Faer was still hunched defensively over his own kill, licking the blood from his maw every now and again. The others were either sitting or loping back from the field.

With a simple gesture from their commander, Basira set out, brushing through the grass as she picked out a small collection of prey on a small, open flat. She tensed as the heads of the game shot up. The haunches of one of them twitched and the herd bolted. Swearing under her breath, she launched outwards, pushing herself forward, tearing up the ground in logn, powerful strides. The young adult she had focused on bobbed one way, she followed, whipping her long tail around behind her. It bobbed again, she swiped out for it but didn't so much as glance it. She felt the wind rush past where hoof should have been.

After a few more turns, she was spent and loped to a stop, her ribs heaving. Damnit.

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Wandered generated a random number between 15 and 20 ... 20!

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:04 pm
[ Imagine an rp post from Mwamba.
It'll come in a bit ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:25 pm
To say the least the armies efforts were all very ... varied to different skill levels. Some cheetah's preformed seemingly flawless and others could have used some training. Some hadn't managed to hunt well because the herds had already become spooked. However it was refreshing to know that at the very least Mizer had something to work with.

Mwamba swooped in and flawless killed a prey beast. A prime example to the sort of quality Mizer held his own children to.

"Very good. Very good." The cheetah began, "I can see that there are some polished warriors among you and some very inexperienced ones as well. Not to worry though. I do not think there are any hopeless cheetah's here. As long as all of you work hard and do what I say there will be no problem." He gazed over the crowd. The lot had worked hard successful or otherwise. It would have been pointless to put these cheetahs through any more of the rounds of training. Mizer looked off to the side, looking quite bored, and sighed.

"I suppose we'll have to pick up training later. Right now would be a good time to familiarize your self with the territory and citizens. You're more than welcome to the heart of the kingdom at the top of the peaks during your off hours. However, none of you may claim a cavern to live in until you're proper citizens. For now all of you will claim dens at the base of the mountain. Familiarize your self with this because this is standard for any new citizen. We come down hard on those that disobey." Mizer stomped a paw hard in to the ground to illustrate his point all the while still looking quite bored with the whole thing.

"I have other things to attend to. I assume all of you are resourceful enough to not be blind and ... well... find the mountain. The dens, like I've said, are at the base. I need to report back to the palace so I'll take my leave." Mizer turned his back to the army and calmly started for the mountain. He'd find his military later. For now, he would inform Zerrin of the progress that had been made.

Quote:

Everyone can now post for certs!!! YAY!
You may also continue rping if you'd like to get you're rp post count up. It is up to you. : )

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

[IC] Tengoku no Kurēdoru Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces