Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:28 am
Pickled Cactus
                ahh wow i love this! i set myself a goal for 20 books this year, and well uh, i think i'm on track. lol which book would you say you enjoyed the most so far this year?

For me, the one book that I've read this year that stood out the most to me was The Summer I Became A Nerd by Lean Rae Miller. It was a book that I connected with quite a bit because I was continuing my progress of re-embracing my inner geek (a part of me that I've kept hidden since middle school basically), becoming reacquainted with the geek-y universe, and expanding my knowledge of said universe.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:00 am
Mama Ame
I always enjoy Harry Potter, but I've read those 500 times. Haha.

As far as new books go probably A Feast of Crows by George R.R. Martin

i'm going to read that soon I CANT WAIT! kinda gutted that The Winds of Winter might take a while to come out though gonk

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:06 am
Prof. Moonie
Pickled Cactus
                ahh wow i love this! i set myself a goal for 20 books this year, and well uh, i think i'm on track. lol which book would you say you enjoyed the most so far this year?

For me, the one book that I've read this year that stood out the most to me was The Summer I Became A Nerd by Lean Rae Miller. It was a book that I connected with quite a bit because I was continuing my progress of re-embracing my inner geek (a part of me that I've kept hidden since middle school basically), becoming reacquainted with the geek-y universe, and expanding my knowledge of said universe.

read a short desc of it, sounds like a light, fluffy read. biggrin how's the main lead, do you think she gets annoying?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:39 am
48/52  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:29 am
Pickled Cactus
Mama Ame

i'm going to read that soon I CANT WAIT! kinda gutted that The Winds of Winter might take a while to come out though gonk

It's my favorite of the series so far.

Least favorite is the 4th book. Which I can't remember the name. But none of my favorite characters are in it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:29 am
Prof. Moonie
Pickled Cactus

Yay Geekdom <3  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:38 pm
Mama Ame
Pickled Cactus
Mama Ame

Least favorite is the 4th book. Which I can't remember the name. But none of my favorite characters are in it.

isn't Feast for Crows the 4th book, if i'm not mistaken?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:18 pm
Pickled Cactus
Mama Ame
Pickled Cactus
Mama Ame

isn't Feast for Crows the 4th book, if i'm not mistaken?

Yeah, that's the one.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:30 pm
Now reading My Sister's Keeper. Which is a really difficult read being a mom. But it's good. I already know the twist ending thankfully.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:54 pm
Pickled Cactus
Prof. Moonie
Pickled Cactus

read a short desc of it, sounds like a light, fluffy read. biggrin how's the main lead, do you think she gets annoying?

Yeah, it is a pretty light, fast read. The main character is actually quite enjoyable and not annoying like most other YA female leads tend to be. It's certainly a book I would suggest reading, especially if you're looking for a book to read that won't take too much time to get through.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:19 pm
49/52  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:34 pm
Mama Ame
49/52

You're almost there! biggrin  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:14 pm
I know! Excited. First time I've actually met the goal.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:51 pm
50/52-  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:25 pm
51/52  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12