Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:47 pm
He chuckled at her response but was grateful to move on so cheerfully. His head tilted when she mentioned knowing him when they were small but he couldn't immediately call up any specific memory of her- except the vague idea he had of what her family was like. Still, that wasn't unhappy.

"I'm a healer," he said, grinning, "A pretty good one, too. If you ever need a healer, I'm the one to call."

A dangerous boast considering it was not exactly the truth, he was good but he wouldn't be the one you wanted, he was still relatively new to it. But he was talking to a pretty girl so what did the complete truth matter?

"What do you do?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:50 pm
Now he was playing her game. Mstari grinned at the lion as he spoke of how skilled a healer he was. If it was true, well, that was no small thing, even considering how many Healers were already in the pride. If it wasn't, again, no big loss, everyone expected a bit of exaggeration when talking to a pretty lioness like herself.

"Oh really?" she replied coyly. "That's good to know." She posed a little - just a little! - for him before answering his question about her own rank.

"I'm a Priestess of the Goddess," Mstari informed Ua proudly. "I'm a very spiritual person, you know."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:03 pm
Ua perked up in interest when she declared herself a very spiritual priestess. If he'd had a hundred guesses, he wouldn't have thought- and there aren't even a hundred ranks in the pride. Still, he had no reason to doubt her just because it surprised him. If healers weren't so common, his rank might have been surprising to some.

"Really?" he said, genuinely curious and unashamed of his own ignorance, "What does a Priestess of the Goddess do on a normal day? I don't think I've ever actually met a priestess.."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:07 pm
"Well, a Priestess goes through the pride and offers spiritual guidance and advice to all those who need it," Mstari told the lion proudly. Nevermind that she'd had trouble just finding someone who wanted her help, but he didn't need to know that.

"You know, better than most I'm sure, all about how Healers tend to the hurts of the body. Well, Priestesses do the same, but for the hurts of the soul," the lioness elaborated. Which was actually why, though Pestilence was the primary focus of worship for the Kitwana'antara, some select few worshipped the goddess of Souls instead.

A select few like Mstari, of course.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:22 pm
"Oh."

Truthfully, that sounded like something he ought to have known more about much sooner, but perhaps he simply didn't remember or his family was just happy to manage by itself. Or maybe his grandmother scared everybody, which was almost a certain fact.

"That sounds way harder," he said admiringly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:30 pm
"Oh, I'm sure some people would tell you that it's a great deal harder than healing," Mstari replied confidently. "But they're lying. After all, while a person can die of an affliction to the soul, it's not very common. And I don't need to tell you how vital the skills of the Healers are to this pride!"

Oh sure, Mstari liked being a Priestess because it got her out of so much heavy lifting. But the trick wasn't just to not make light of her rank's duties, but to also be humble about it, and to share the glory around.

In other words, after she'd flaunted her rank, she needed to downplay her lack of work and play up the contributions of whomever she was talking to. And some people thought she was dumb. Boy were they wrong.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:40 pm
He puffed up appropriately, not at all concerned about the praise he was getting. Normally he didn't let it go to his head but this was clearly just the kind of conversation they were having and he was just fine with that. This was a very interesting meeting. Her prideful tone suggested she might not be so gracious as she was now, but perhaps that made sense considering her job.

"Alright," he said, "Let's call it a tie, then."

Ua was sure he would be a terrible priest, even though he was a decent healer. He couldn't do much to help the soul and Mittere's harsh influence was probably to blame.. but it was also a factor in what made him a decent healer, he figured.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:44 pm
"If you insist," the lioness agreed graciously. She thought about pushing him again, pointing out how very much the Healers did, but that would probably be overkill. She didn't want to alienate Ua.

Nor was she quite ready to let the conversation go. But how to prolong things without turning him off? Wait, he'd said he was looking for a new den. Perhaps...

"Now, I wonder, do you find yourself in need of any guidance, spiritual or otherwise?" she offered, batting her eyelashes a couple times. It usually worked on her brothers, time to see if it worked on other males.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:07 pm
There was a one second hesitation, caused by the batting eyelashes, but he answered easily with a smile.

"Not unless you're also an expert on real estate, I guess," he said with a shrug. He was beginning to doubt his little adventure today would really lead to him finding himself a new home but the reason why was a complete surprise.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:09 pm
"Well, I wouldn't claim to be an expert," Mstari allowed, "but I just so happen to know of some available dens not too far from my own..." She trailed off so that Ua would fill in the rest for himself.

"Interested?" the lioness offered.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:15 pm
"Sure!"

There was really no other way to respond to that, he decided very quickly. He would do his thinking later, he'd done enough pausing and zoning out and so far she hadn't really given him any serious reason to dislike her or be anything but agreeable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:19 pm
Perfect. Absolutely perfect. Mstari led Ua onward with little more than an amused backward glance. She did, in fact, know of several available dens, and was already thinking in what order she should show them to Ua.

Perhaps she'd tell him that one shouldn't simply choose a den based on looks and space. And maybe, just maybe, she'd convince him that a den should be...ah...tested, before one claimed it.

Then again, maybe she wouldn't help him test it. She hadn't decided yet.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas