Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply The Official Pokemon Guild
WOOHOO! Modest Mewtwo!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drizzt Do`urden

Hilarious Hunter

6,125 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:13 am

So, I beat the elite four and the champ in Pokemon Y then rushed to Unknown Dungeon so I could capture me a Mewtwo. Having saved my master ball I was able to easily reset until I got the nature I wanted! After half an hour of resetting my system I got my Modest Mewtwo!! He is capable of taking hits too!

Did I mention my two favorite pokemon are Charizard and Mewtwo? Now if only they were Shiny...

So, down to my question, what stats should I EV train to make him the best I can make him? I was thinking of speed and sp atk. If I remember correctly (From Diamond/Pearl/Platinum at least) you could only max out 3 EV's with the alloted two hundred something points. Is there anything new in Y version that I should know before training my Mewtwo?

EDIT:: I've never really EV trained before, was always more of an action replay kinda guy but with the new 3DS I got I'm not using action replay and it's also the first time I intend to play and trade with other people.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:18 am
You can only max out 2 stats and put 6 evs in a third. And as for the training, dont even bother with super training. It takes to long. Follow this guide and you'll have him trained in minutes:
http://www.marriland.com/forums/pokemon-6th-generation/competitive-battling-6th-gen/450081-wigglers-guide-to-easy-fast-ev-training-in-pokemon

I recommend speed and sp. att since it's modest. Then the last 6 in maybe HP.

Oh and as far as the guide telling you about fighting 5 hordes and then only bearing one of the pokes in the 6th horde, dont listen to that just KO the whole 6th horde. Hes saying this because before gen 6 you coyld put a maximum of 255 evs in each stat but now in gen 6 the cut it back to 252. Ive done tests. So just KO 6 of the meantioned hordes in the thread the i just super train for the 3rd stat you wanna train.  

Hex Sableye

Newbie Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Jack-pot 100

Drizzt Do`urden

Hilarious Hunter

6,125 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100