Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]
[Festival] The Moon Ceremony - Finale & Prizes, p3! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elawadiyi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:16 pm
The Moon Ceremony is a time of reflection. It is a way to mourn those who have died in the past year, but also remember the ancestors of those that helped lead them to the lands the Ela'wadiyi now call home.

With the influx of rogue-blood, Skan Kanati also encourages those members to reflect on their past and send good wishes to their families they left behind.

The pride gathers within the stones that develop the Stargrove, though other members may linger near the small river that feeds into the Stargrove. Only those who wish to participate are encouraged to show up, as it can be a heavy memorial, and many of the cubs cannot stay awake for the entire time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:17 pm
Notes

• This is a general ORP, you may mingle as you wish but keep in mind the rather somber intention of this particular ceremony.
  • This is your last chance to interact with pride members from other clans until the next festival, don't be afraid to take advantage of it!
  • There is no plan or structure to this RP, just go for it!

• This is the last ceremony of the festival, at dawn the clans will go their separate ways once more. Expect some announcements when this RP wraps up. Ending date TBA.

• There will be participation prizes!

• Every post you make in this thread counts as a raffle ticket for a mystery prize! Doubleposts do not count.
    • Every post you've made in other festival ceremonies count as a ticket, list will be compiled by chronology of the festival (i.e. Cloud, Tree, Rain, Sky (by round), then Moon).

• Exception - Sky Ceremony battles count only as one ticket for each participant and only if all the posts were filled in.
      • No, it is not too late to go take part in the other festivals or fill in your Sky Ceremony battles.

• You may only win one prize.

Elawadiyi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:23 pm
User Image

Sitting near the outside of the group, Yinehi Kanati looked both serious and awkward. She didn't have very much to reflect upon, her entire life had been here and it hadn't been long enough for her to have much to think about.. and she definitely didn't know anybody who had died. After spending the entire festival trying to find ways to enjoy herself and participate, Yinehi was stumped. The best she could do was lament that her brothers had done so terribly in the Sky Ceremony after she spent so long convincing them to play.

And that wasn't really all that sad.

While her intention was to blend in quietly now, she seemed to forget one very important thing: how she was dressed. In addition to her own yellow feathers on her ear and pouch, she also had numerous other feathers tucked anywhere they could be trusted to stay. Mostly around her mane, ears and in her pouch. There was no particular color scheme and she had been looking about the same for the duration of the festival-- though she was looking slightly neater in her presentation. The excess of feathers was impossible to miss, though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mamoru was hesitant to join this ceremony. He'd been hidden away for a long time within the pride, keeping mainly to himself as he sorted through emotions of joining. It was a shift going from rogue to pride member, but one he had been happy to take.

The ale situated himself towards the outside of the group, watching everyone, figuring out how to blend without actually doing something dumb. His tail flicked this way and that. A time of reflection, indeed. He didn't know anyone who had passed, exactly, but paying one's respect to your pridal family was important. He dug his toes into the ground, using his claws to actually dig a small groove for his toes. He would keep his distance for now.

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:28 pm
User Image

Ow. Ow. Ow.

With every step he took, Tsi-Tsi could feel the pain of his bruises. It had been a bit since the Sky Ceremony ended and, frankly, he was just as glad that he'd lost in his first fight. That meant he didn't have to keep going and collect even more bruises and bumps.

He also know who to blame for each and every one of them. And she was right there, obvious with all her extra feathers. Tsi-Tsi headed straight for his sister.

"Happy now, Yinehi?" the young male pouted as he came near.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:57 pm
Yinehi started when Tsi-Tsi appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, at her side to blame her for his sorry state. At least she assumed that was what he was pouting about, he didn't look very happy and he hadn't not especially well in the Sky Ceremony. She offered him a smile and forced herself to hold in a laugh, nobody else was really saying anything and she was trying very hard not to cause trouble. And it had only wrapped up a few hours ago.

"Takin' it easy, Tsi-Tsi?" she asked brightly.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Makal approached his younger siblings, curious to see what they were discussing...probably the Sky Ceremony. Neither one of the Kanati boys did very well, and Makal was booted out before anyone else!

Sigh

"Hey you two, make some room for this loser," he said with a laugh.

------

User Image

Another Moon Ceremony. Another moment for Tabi'nasi to reflect on her choices in her life. Sometimes she felt a twinge of regret in leaving her twin, but it was hard to feel like it wasn't the right choice. She wouldn't have come here, to a pride that was odd and made her curious, but she carved her own story in it. She met Arlo here, and things were going in the right path. She enjoyed the slower pace of life here. Still...she only hoped that everything outside of the pride was okay to those she had known when she was younger.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:04 pm
User ImageTabi'nasi wasn't the only one questioning life choices. This year was the first Sky Festival without one of the Kalisetsi brood present. A black form stepped from the grasses, the pink stripe standing out as the lioness found a spot to collapse and sulk. She wondered... What had she done wrong? What had made things turn out as they had? As she moped, another form came and rested next to her. Huong spared a glance, before offering a small smile to the gold lion next to her. "I still miss her..."

User ImageDongo settled next to his mate, before pulling her close in a hug. "I know..." He let out a sigh, closing his eyes. "I don't think there's anything we could have done different..." As he settled, he flicked an hear, noticing the striped gray lioness. He'd seen her at the previous year's festival, but before that couldn't recall her. Fate may have simply placed them in different places before last year. He couldn't be entirely sure. His gaze soon landed on a black and white lion with slight brown markings to his face. Beside him, Dongo felt Huong tense up. "It's alright, Huong..."

The lioness let out a puff. "I'm sorry... Old raisings die hard..." She gave him a sad smile, then frowned. Now she missed her sister, too... She watched the other lion, before she got up and walked over to him, offering a smile. While relaxed around others in the pride, she found... She still had nervous hang-ups with strangers, something that clan life didn't make easy to deal with but each Sky Festival did. "Hello... I don't think I've seen you before... I'm Huong, who might you be?"  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:02 pm
Yinehi perked up when Makal appeared to join them, smiling brightly at him. He lost and he was still perfectly cheerful, unlike pouty-face Tsi-Tsi.. but there was a good chance he was just pouting to mess with her. But she could enjoy that, too!

"Did you see that the lioness you lost to was fourth place, Makal?" she asked cheerily, hopping sideways a bit and patting the ground beside her for her older brother to join her, "That's got to count for something!"

User Image

So far, Kalanu had been having a pretty good time at the festival. She and Poa had participated in the Rain Ceremony again, it was no doubt her most favorite part of the festival. She completely forgot she had anything to be sad about, in fact, until the Moon Ceremony began. Then she had left Poa and her cubs somewhere in the crowd to go looking for her parents to make sure they were alright, too. She hesitated when she spotted them, pleased to see they were being social, but she did sneak up beside her father and lean against him.

"Not a bad night for the Moon Ceremony," she commented, glancing upward. You could definitely see the moon out tonight, though being in an area that actually had trees could make it difficult from some spots.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:41 pm
User Image

Makovu sat quietly off to the side, careful not to intrude on any of the other pride member's privacy. The Moon Ceremony was a time for reflection, especially that of loss.

Kovu hadn't really lost anyone in the last year, so he was quietly reflecting on the changes that had happened in his life, both good and bad. After all, he was leaving his current clan which had been his home since he was a cub. Granted, he'd never been very social or made many strong relationships, but the Bird Clan was still a part of him. Now he was joining Mantis, but he did so with great joy. He'd found his mate, his Shangilia, and was delighted to spend the rest of his days with her. Even if it meant many days of change to come. It was a struggle to a lion unused to change, but he was ready and willing to accept it.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:57 pm
Ecavi

Dongo gave a surprised start, before looking at his daughter and smiling. She'd born a litter of cubs in the past year... All adorable. Four grandcubs.. It made him feel a bit old, really. Where had the time gone? Who were these grow lions and lionesses that had been his little bundles of fur and fluff? "No, no it's not..." He looked at the moon, smiling a bit. "You know... Sometimes I wonder, when I look at the sky above... At the moon and stars... If my mother is somewhere looking at this same sky. Is she thinking of me, wherever she is...?" A part of him ached, missing the red-eyed lioness. He'd have to send Amadeus out to find her and bring her to the Ela'wadiyi... If only she were with a lion, though.

As she returned to her family, Huong spared a glance at Makovu. He was new in their clan, somewhat recently moved from another one. She offered him a smile and a quiet 'Welcome to the Mantis Clan!' before rejoining her mate and, now, daughter. She gave the dark lioness a lick behind an ear, rumbling pleasantly. "Kalanu, are you driving your father up the tree?" Mirth showed in her eyes... And sadness. She flicked an ear, looking at Dongo for a moment.

The male smiled, chuckling a bit. "No, no, just... Reflecting..." His gaze returned to the sky. "Wondering about my mother..."

Huong's ears folded back a moment, before she looked to the sky again, now thinking of her pride sisters. Did they miss her...?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:58 pm
Kalanu looked back down with a smile, but as he wondered aloud about his mother, she turned her gaze back up to the stars. It made her feel very lucky, to have her family right here with her. All of her important people were right there, even all in the same clan. Of course, mothering mostly boys had its downside in that respect and she had recently been reminded of it. If her sons married, there was a pretty good chance they would not be staying in the Mantis Clan. In fact, they were old enough now that someone might catch their eyes here at the festival.

But they would remain close, even if they were not in the clan.. it was simply the best she could do to even begin imagining how her father was feeling. She was startled back to reality by her mother's remark, and she looked to her with a smile.

"I am just thinking about how lucky I am," she said quietly after a pause, "There are so many lions I love all right here with me. And I am very grateful to have the two of you."

She stepped closer to her mother and leaned against her affectionately. It might have been weird to push her joy on them while they reflected on sadder thoughts but Kalanu always did better focusing on the positive side of life.. and she did mean what she said.

Andranis

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:01 am
Ecavi

The pink-marked black lioness smiled, nuzzling her daughter. "I may miss my sister... And the pride I was raised in... But I don't regret leaving" She groomed Kalanu's ears, then settled down. "If I'd never left, I would never have ended up with your father, and have had two wonderful litters of cubs so far." Three sons, to boot! There was a sense of glowing pride in her about it. Sure, the past hurt, but the future was still bright and shining and waiting.

Still looking at the sky, Dongo hummed to himself a bit, then smiled. "Everything happens for a reason... I'm not sure who said that first, but somebody did. Sometimes bad things happen... So that we can find happier days somewhere else." If his mother hadn't had a fling with Ezeoha, Dongo'd never be here, a bumblebee finding his rose, and finding a place to plant their garden. He glanced at his mate and daughter, still smiling. "I know this is a time of reflecting on loss, but.. Sometimes those losses can lead to greater gains to help ease the pain." Indeed, so many cubs... And grandcubs! When Dongo was an adolescent out on his own, he'd never thought that he would have not only a mate and children, but grandchildren as well. Truly, he felt, he could call himself a blessed lion.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:44 pm
Still smiling, Kalanu gave her mother a nudge but then sat down beside her, listening to her father ramble optimistically on about the silver linings of every loss. He didn't mention any personal examples like Huong did but Kalanu knew he had some, too.

"I think that counts," she said, "Isn't that what this is really about, anyway? Remembering what you've lost and how things have changed, how it all goes together?"

She didn't have to have much experience with loss to appreciate the ceremony and what it could mean. So she told herself, and she doubted anybody would argue.

Andranis

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:18 am
Tsi-Tsi made a face at his sister as he - carefully - settled down next to her. Silly Yinehi...

"This is YOUR fault," he grumbled at the yellow lioness. He would have gone on, but then Makal came over. The younger lion smiled up at his brother and obligingly scooted over a bit, wincing as the movement jarred bruises that hadn't had much time to heal.

"You did better than I did," Tsi-Tsi replied with a grin. "So not a complete loser in my mind."

Ecavi

Safaia

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas