Visiting after a VERY long time! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poppetta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:34 pm
Hello Geezers!

It's truly years since I've posted on Gaia, I've lost access to my main account (jellysundae) because the email's AOL and long since been exterminated by them, and I couldn't get a response from the people meant to help on here ><

Oh well, such is life!

You know what's brought me back here now, after losing interest in 2007? I'm hearing such awful rumours flying around on the site I spend my time on eek I was hoping I could find out what's really happening from some people who are here.

What is going on on here gonk

The latest thing that I heard was all non-donators are getting deleted and the site's turning pay-to-play and 18+. I want to say that sounds like a typical drama and is totally unlikely. But considering the amount of emails I get trying to get me to BUY BUY BUY, I'm not so sure. :O

Can anyone fill an old geezer in on what's going on. redface  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:55 pm
If that's going on, this is the first I've heard about it.  

Volvy

Poppetta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:40 pm
I'm sure there's loads of wild stories flying about. The guy who told us this didn't say which part of of the site he heard that particular tale on. I would hope that's definitely a story that people have taken and run with though.

What is going on on here these days though? A lot of the new users that are signing up to Menewsha, where I play, are saying that they're checking out the other sites as they're quitting here because of the things that are being done. But there's no clear stories for what is being done. sweatdrop

How's it going in here in general? Good to see there's still some activity biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:24 am
So basically no-one posts in the main forum any more then ninja Where have all the Geezers gone. sweatdrop  

Poppetta

1tungun

5,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:27 pm
your not alone, it's been since 07 for me too.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:21 pm
GGG has slowed down considerably over the past year or more. There's still a few of us Geezers left, and you'll find most of the activity in the Game room, with sporadic posts in other subforums.  

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

Poppetta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:00 pm
I was hoping to find out some gen and what on earth's going on on here. All I hear elsewhere is wild rumours, and generally from people who've left here in disgust, so obviously tales that a little bit biased anyway. ninja

I was hoping to steal all the Geezers away to the site I work on! My plan is foiled by there being hardly any activity, rats. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:26 am
I've been here since 2007, and Gaia Online has changed -considerably- since then. Most notable are the seriously inflated Market Place prices and the massive loss of Gaia Online users. Inflation began to rise not long after Booty Grabbing started, but it worsened big time over the past year or so with a vast number of MP prices getting listed in the millions.

From my understanding, there were some corporate level changes and staff reductions earlier this year. They've been pressing to make higher profits with daily "Flash Sales" on cash items sold at the La Victoire cash shop. Less often, they offer an item called Flynn's Booty/Chest, a sort of chance item where you pay Gaia Cash to get varying amounts of Gaia Gold in return. They've been offering recolors of other cash shop items at higher priced "sale" prices, and they've also been bringing many of the rare '03 items back, making them not so rare anymore. They've opened up Club Verge, a high priced cash shop for exclusive members who are quite wealthy. And the seasonal events/games have become "pay to play" in some aspects, gold sinks in so-called efforts to help offset the increasing inflation.

There's more than likely a whole lot more to this than I'm aware of right now, but in short, Gaia Online has lost a massive number of users due to the corporate changes and pressure tactics to get users to spend more and more real money to buy Gaia Gold and Gaia Cash to use for purchasing higher priced pixels. I suppose the few of us who are left are die-hards, still sticking around in hopes that things will turn around for the better. neutral

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

AndronMax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:12 am
Back with my mules (Mayu-Makita and Iggies) after loooong absence. Still looking around. The inflation is insane. Trying to decided if zOMG is worth going back to, but time will tell. *Waves*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:22 pm
zOMG was fun for me for quite a while, until I got to the stage where I couldn't progress any further on my own. I really didn't like being forced to join up with other people to be able to carry on. : /  

Poppetta

BlackR.16

Dangerous Elder

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:25 am
Trust me I'm right there with you guys. Decided to jump back on after a couple years of away time and it has become a ghost town. I tried zOMG yesterday and almost cried. What happened to the swarms of brats that used to be around. -sighs and shakes fist at RL- I guess we need to start re-populating Gaia. Lets get to it Geezers.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:06 pm
Whooo. Geezers!

We own gaia.  

Billionaire Bear

Tiny Millionaire

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Poppetta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:26 pm
Wow, responses. :O

I've been on a fact-finding mission to get some info about what's happening on here now, oh gosh sweatdrop Yesterday I got informed by several people about the gold generator items and what those have done to the economy. I'm horrified. I don't see how the site can survive this. It's just... eek  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:52 pm
We have the technology.....we will rebuild.....we will overcome. GEEZERS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!  

BlackR.16

Dangerous Elder

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lyekka

Rainbow Trafficker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:54 pm
Poppetta
Wow, responses. :O

I've been on a fact-finding mission to get some info about what's happening on here now, oh gosh sweatdrop Yesterday I got informed by several people about the gold generator items and what those have done to the economy. I'm horrified. I don't see how the site can survive this. It's just... eek

werd.

Hmmm... not sure how to explain this. I have made 4 posts in this guild
and the last one was on "Sun 08/29/10 at 10:24 PM. It's never easy being
a yoda old gaian trying to make your way in the world.

So where's the party at in guilds anymore ?

Every place is a ghost town now and I don't feel it my personal
responsibility to make up for the difference. I keep thinking there's
enough over 30 gaians that maybe there could be one guild with
steady traffic. Tell me if you find a happening spot.

I'm Lyekka and this is hello I guess. Maybe I'll bug you with a PM.

Since the only thing I really do on here is spread music link bumps
it would only be appropriate that I leave one now whee

Here's something springtime by a new Indy Electronic Pop Producer
that I have fallen in love with:

SOPHIE - BIPP (out on Numbers) <333333

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

SOPHIE - NOTHING MORE TO SAY <333333

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Old Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff