Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:46 pm
User ImageThe weather had improved and had decided it would cool down, but not by much. She was surprised it wasn't raining right now. The day was dragging on it seemed but she didn't mind, she was relaxing and enjoying the warmth of the sun on her coat. She laid perched atop a rock face in a little clearing so she could enjoy the view and keep an eye out for any approaching danger that might come her way. She nosed a rock that was near her paw until it fell down the side of the boulder face and landed with a small 'thump' on the ground. She watched the dust settle and then looked around wondering if there was anyone in the area.

She liked roaming around and looking for others to talk to, however it seemed her luck had run out and she hadn't seen another for a while and wouldn't mind having some friends to hang out with every now and again, no matter what the species was. Her attention was averted to a spotted lizard that scurried from a crevice and near her paw and it looked up at her and puffed out its neck, as if that would intimidate her. She pawed at it in a mock attempt to "catch" the reptile and it scurried towards her other and she pawed at it again. It seemed to understand she really didn't intend to catch it and it played along with her for a few more tries before scurrying back into it's hiding spot.

Since her little playmate was now gone she turned her attention back to her surroundings and laid her head against her legs allowing herself to relax in the warmth of the sunlight. With that she closed her eyes but kept her ears on watchful alert, just in case. You never really knew what could happen out here.

Cajanic
Take 'er away smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:33 pm
User Image

Usually, Nguva liked to be near the water. She loved the ocean, just because it was so vast and unknown. Nothing like the world she lived in. Was it more fun out there? More wet, for sure, but was it really so much better? Her mind seemed to make it so, but she wondered if she would be disappointed if she ever did get to live in the ocean. Of course, she knew that couldn't happen. She'd already tried to turn into a fish and it hadn't worked.

But still, it was something to think about. in the end, she imagined it wouldn't let her down- the ocean was just too amazing to be another place. It was so much more than that.

And she would continue to love it from a distance.

Today, that distance was greater than usual. She was wandering around more inland, just looking for some food and a place to rest. She was more than willing to just plop on the warm ground for a nap when she spotted another wild dog not far ahead of her. Smiling, she bounded on over to her. "Hello!" She said lightly.

"Are you sleeping? I hope I didn't wake you up!" She said that, but of course she was speaking very loudly with every intention of waking her up. Company was almost as good as the sea!
AstoriaFallen

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:53 pm
She heard the dog before she had spoken and her ears flicked towards the voice and she lifted her head and turned her gaze to peer at the florescent female. She was quite lovely looking, compared to Naveens simple complexion at least. "Hi." She replied simply as she smiled. "Not at all, I was just enjoying the warmth of the sun." She said as she stood up, stretching as she did so.

She turned and faced the new female and flicked her tail slightly as she came to the conclusion she didn't have anything to worry about from this female. "What brings you this way?" She was curious a little bit. Perhaps the female lived in the area, or had traveled from afar. It was always nice to hear the difference answers that were often given to her.

She yawned, the sun had given her a sleepy mind. She shook her head to wake herself up and she shook her body from head to toe as she did so, unsettling some sand that had came to rest upon her frame. "I'm Naveen."

Cajanic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:30 pm
"The sun is pretty nice, isn't it?" Nguva agreed, looking up at the sky. She had learned from experience that looking right at the sun was bad for the eyes, but she didn't mind looking nearby it so much. She could still see how brightly it was shining, and that it was probably going to remain warm for some time yet. That was fine- she liked when it was warm.

She looked back at the wild dog when she spoke again, smiling as warmly as ever. "I was just looking for a place to sleep and maybe something to eat," she admitted easily enough, "what about you?" She sat herself down nearby, tail wagging in her excitement.

She liked meeting new wild dogs.

"I'm Nguva!" She commented happily.
AstoriaFallen

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:46 pm
Cajanic

"That it is." She commented following the dogs gaze skyward in the direction of the sun, but not directly at it. This was one of the only ways, minus sun rise and sun set in which one could look at the sun and not hurt the eyes.

She looked at the brightly hued female and smiled back at her. She had certainly found the right place for a nap and possibly some food. She was sure she had seen some herd beasts wandering around nearby. "I'm sure we could find something to eat if we worked together and then have a nice nap." Dog piles were always fun! There was never such a thing as too much warmth!

"I was honestly here doing the same." She said with a warm chuckle. She liked her name. Nguva. She'd have to remember her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:00 pm
Nguva couldn't have been happier. Making a new friend made not being able to live in the sea much more tolerable. She was always happiest when she had company with her. She smiled and nodded, her tail wagging from side to side in anticipation. Or just because she was a silly dog and it always wagged about like it had its own mind.

Either way.

"That sounds great! Do you know where any food might be lurking around? I haven't really found and hare holes or anything like that. Not yet, anyway." She lowered her head and sniffed the ground. It was clear there was some food around, they just needed to track where it was hiding and then they'd be able to have a nice meal together.

It was a good way to get to know someone better- chatting over some good food.

AstoriaFallen

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:37 pm
Where might some food be? She was sure she had seen some hare holes down that way a bit and she wondered if perhaps they might be out and about. "Perhaps we might find some that way." She said pointing in the direction she had thought she had seen some earlier.

She lowered her nose to the ground and scented and flicked her ears slightly as she began walking that way. Surely they would find something. With nose to the ground and ears perked forwards she was hoping perhaps some tasty morsels would be out and about eagerly awaiting their jaws.

"Hopefully there are some out." Nothing was a Debbie downer like looking for food and finding none.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:58 pm
Nquva smiled. "We'll find some, I'm sure!" She said brightly, keeping herself optimistic. It wasn't like she had gone hungry for too long any other time. Why should it be different now that there were two wild dogs doing the hunting together? If anything, that just made it seem more likely that they would be able to find some food together.

She was sure it was only a matter of time.

Which it turned out to be, in fact. before long, she found the scent of some hares, which led to a mound with a couple of the large rabbits bouncing around a nearby berry bush, happily eating. "Do you like hare?" She asked softly, "I see a couple over there!"

AstoriaFallen

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:01 am
She liked her optimism and she hoped that they would find something, and with two of them it would greater their chances to catch something large if they came across it. Which was always a plus.

She scented the air and the ground and ears swiveled as she tried to pick up the signs of any life and she looked over at Nguva as she whispered.

Her eyes settled on the bushes and the fat hares that were enjoying their meal and a sly grin spread across her maw. "Does a hippo love water?" She whispered back as she got closer to her companion.

"How do you want to do this? She didn't want them to spook back into their mound so they'd have to get to them, or the mound before they could.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:57 am
AstoriaFallen

Nguva looked thoughtful for a moment. Though she was a bit simple-minded at the best of times, she had still grown up in the rogue lands, and still knew how to hunt. Didn't everyone?

"Um.... if you give me a moment, I can sneak around the other side and get nearer to the hole. I'd be able to go for that if you want to go after the hair. I could keep it guarded and get anything that tried to get inside!" She tried to keep her voice low, since she didn't want the food running into their home, but she was very excited about the idea of hunting with her new friend.

It was going to be a lot of fun, and she wanted to see how other wild dogs moved, too. It would make it more clear what she needed to work on, or something. She didn't know.

She really just wanted to have food with her friend. She didn't care about bettering herself.  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:54 am
Cajanic
I love your Sig color scheme <3

She nodded her head in agreement. "I think that sounds like a good plan." She replied, her voice barely a whisper as she assessed the situation they were working with. The hares still hadn't seemed to be bothered with their presence yet and perhaps it was because they hadn't noticed the two canines around. Silly Rabbits.

She was anxious to hunt with her new friend and she hoped that their trail went well and they would be able to feast together. She waited for Nguva to get into position so that she could try and chase them towards the blue female. Surely they would try and run home, that would be a perfect trap. They'd run straight into the jaws of her friend.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:01 pm
Nguva would have barked happily at her plan being accepted, but she knew that would scare the rabbits and kind of ruin the whole thing they were trying to do. So she just smiled and nodded her head, before slowly inching her way over to the hole. She made sure she stayed away from the hares, so they didn't see her as she wandered around them and got to their little home.

She managed to get there and keep herself in a good position nearby. If they tried to run into the hole now, they would be met by her teeth- it was the perfect plan.

Looking over at the other wild dog, she offered her a nod, letting her know that she was ready whenever they were going to get rolling.

AstoriaFallen

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:44 pm
Cajanic

As soon as she saw the female nod her muscles tensed and then sprung loose as she threw her small form forward towards the rabbits from her hiding spot. The one closest to her had it's back turned and it's companion darted quickly towards home while the other looked at it momentarily confused and quickly took off once it realized why it's friend had run off.

It's hesitation was going to cost it.

Naveen was able to gain ground fairly quickly and she zig zagged after the hares herding them towards Nguva. She snipped at one's hind quarters as she got close and it caused it to stumbled and it squealed as it tripped, Naveens jaws closing shut on it. She shook it as she bit down and it was dead in moments. She dropped it so she could continue on after the other, but she knew Nguva would get this one. She was just making sure it kept going that way.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:41 am
Nguva watched with anticipation as Naveen attacked the rabbits, feeling her own body tense suddenly as she instinctively got ready for the hunt. Even the biggest air heads knew how to get serious when the time came.

One of the hares came her way, while the other was unable to escape Naveen. She sprang forward as it tried to make a dash for the hole, cutting off its escape path. It had been so set on getting to where it thought it would be safe that it had spotted her much too late.

Before it could react, Nguva was on top of it, her fangs easily putting an end to its life.

"That was amazing!" she cheered merrily.

AstoriaFallen

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:10 pm
Cajanic

Giving Nguva as best a grin she with a rabbit in her jaws she padded over to the female and sat down beside her new friend and set down her trophy next to hers. "They didn't stand a chance!" Her voice was full of excitement and she was genuinely proud of what the two of them had accomplished just then. It wasn't often you were able to catch these, especially on your own.  
[IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage I [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff