41,275 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:19 am
Hummingbird Family Tree
-Game-

User Image

This family tree game is brought to you from the deepest parts of the woods. The patriarch, a proud Quetzal, took not one mate but two. The first a fierce warlike Hummingbird and the second a fancy Songbird. Each generation has mixed in genetics from unique species.

User ImageUser Image

There are three ways to win him or his extended family members. The first and probably the hardest, using genetic traits, fill in the family tree. The second and creative route, tell me a story about the family. Convince me of their relationships. The third way, and least investment of time, win via the luck of the die. You may enter more than one of these "contests", but in the end you may only win one. As always, for the best chance of winning read all of the rules carefully. Sorry they are so long but there are a lot of hints in them as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:51 am
User Image

Starts: Now
Ends: Extended till Friday, November 15th @ 11:59 PM EST
Judging, rolling and winners will be announced over the weekend

Rules:
  • Be nice and as always fallow all Soq and Gaia rules
  • Don't discuss who you think are related to whom here in the thread
  • You don't have to fill in the family tree to play; it does give you a better chance of getting your first choice.
  • PM me the family tree, don't post your tree here
  • Post your preference order here in thread - In order to win a pet you have to post your preference list (even if you are entering the family tree or story contest)
  • Post your story entries here in the thread - you may edit your entry up till close time.
  • To fill in the family tree you can use my png above with any software (Photoshop, gimp, paint) and no it doesn’t have to look pretty. Don't have those or the time to do it? A written response is perfectly fine; I made a form for those who would rather a verbal tree.
  • Although genders are assigned to help make the game easier these are not set in stone and winners may change them
  • The game is just for fun, owners don't have to keep the relations
  • Got a question? Feel free to post here or pm me
  • Important note, you cannot put I will take any hummingbird in your preference list. If you don’t list order of preference you won’t win one. You may edit your list up till the close time.

Hints:
  • Numbers relate to gender. Boys are odd numbered and Girls are even numbered
  • All breeding pairs are female x male - Dotted lines indicate matings
  • There are no throwbacks this time around. I think I confused you (and myself) too much with the fox family tree game
  • Look at the standard edits (beaks, tail feathers, and face tuffs), non standard mutations (head plumage or twin tail feathers), eye colors and body colors to decide who’s related to whom. Jewelry more so then other edits may make you guess wrong. It is similar to parents but there are a lot of necklaces, some are similar to aunts and uncles as well.
  • No breeding results in all male or all female
  • Each hummingbird only appears once in the family tree, except 27. This one is a semi custom bird and is only needed in your preferences.
  • The mates of the patriarch are the two females in the first post. Choose wisely as to which side of the tree they belong on.
  • You get 1 point for guessing the correct spot for a Hummingbird
  • You get 1 point for guessing the correct mates for a pair of Hummingbirds
  • You start off with at least 3 points, 5 if you place the patriarch’s mates on the right side of the family tree!

Tell me a Story:
  • Pick several of the Hummingbirds in the contest and tell a story with them.
  • Make sure and give them real names, a story with names like M15 is a little weird. The top of the form has an area for you to tell me M15 = Nahuatl
  • Tell me how they are related, this is important. It doesn't have to be correct. The stories the important part!
  • Please post story entries in the thread!

Rolling Winners:
  • First rolls will go to those who fill in the family tree correctly or get at least 30 points
  • Second rolls will go to the three best story entries
  • Third rolls will go to those who fill in the family tree with at least 17 points (half right)
  • Firth rolls will be completely luck of the die. Anyone with a preference list is automatically entered here. You don't have to enter either the family tree or story contest to win this way.

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,275 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,275 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:11 am
User Image

Male:

Female:

Forms
Preference List Form - Post in thread - You must fill this one out to win!

[color=Blue][size=16][b]Look at those Wings!!![/b][/size][/color]
[color=darkblue][b]My Name[/b]:
[b]My Preference List[/b]:

[b]Are you entering the family tree contest?[/b]:
[b]Are you entering the story contest?[/b]:
[/color]

Tell me a Story Form - Post in thread
[color=Green][size=16][b]I've Got a Story![/b][/size][/color]
[color=darkgreen][b]My User Name[/b]:
[b]#[/b] = Name
[b]#[/b] = Name
[b]#[/b] = Name
[b]How are they related?[/b]:
[b]My story[/b]:[/color]

Family tree non image form, for those who don't want to edit the family tree. You may create your own version if this one is too confusing - Please PM to me!
[color=Red][size=16][b]My Best Guess...[/b][/size][/color]
[color=darkred][b]My User Name[/b]:
Line one from left to right
# ... # ... #
Line two from left to right
# ... # -- # # ... # # -- # -- #
Line three from left to right
# -- # ... # # ... # -- # -- # ... #
Line four from left to right
# -- # -- # # -- # # -- #
[/color]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:23 am
Entries
Family Tree:

1. Roniel Targaryen
  2. pinkdog
  3. Rein_Carnation
  4. pandaphilic
  5. AislingJuno

Story Contest:

1. NovaCracker

Preference List:

1. Baby Pandah
  2. Rein_Carnation
  3. Roniel Targaryen
  4. Pandaphilic
  5. pinkdog
  6. StarieMichie
  7. ~Lady Kanna~
  8. CitrusCupcake
  9. NovaCracker
  10. Redbud-Tree
  11. musicaloner7
  12. AllsummedUpNJAzz
  13. II--Gen3sis--II
  14. RockerWolfie1616
  15. AislingJuno
  16. dawns_aura
  17. xxx Yuki Bear xxx
  18. ladyfirefox89
  19. Mewsings of An Angel

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,275 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:11 am
Look at those Wings!!!
My Name: Baby Pandah
My Preference List: 2, 11, custom, 5, 1, 23, 12, 10, 25, 22, 21, 20, 14, 24, 17, 16, 15, 13, 9, 8, 7, 6, 4, 3, 19, 18

Are you entering the family tree contest?: No.
Are you entering the story contest?: Maybe.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:08 am
Look at those Wings!!!
My Name: Rein_Carnation
My Preference List: M13, F24, Patriarch, F2, M15, Custom, M21, M5, M7, F16, M3, M17, F22, M23, M9, F10, F8, F6, F4, 12, F18, M1, M17, F20, F14, M25, F26, M19

((realized I missed one last time so I renumbered with the genders.... easier that way))

Are you entering the family tree contest?: Yes
Are you entering the story contest?:No

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:35 am
Look at those Wings!!!
My Name: Roniel Targaryen
My Preference List: F24, M5, F16, Patriarch, F2, F10, M3, M23, M21, M15, F18, F8, F26, M9, F12, M1, M17, F6, F22, M13, M19, F4, F20, F14, M11, F7, M25

Are you entering the family tree contest?: Yes!
Are you entering the story contest?: Nope

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:24 pm
Look at those Wings!!!
My Name: Pandaphilic
My Preference List: M3, F10, F16, M5, M7, Custom, F20, M11, M17, F29, F8, M23, F2, M13, M1, Patriarch, F4, M9, F18, F12, F22, F6, M15, F26, M21, M19, F25, F14,

Are you entering the family tree contest?: Y
Are you entering the story contest?: N

Pandaphilic

Intellectual Powerhouse

pinkdog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:16 pm
Look at those Wings!!!
My Name: pinkdog
My Preference List: 27, 21, 9, 26, 17, 3, 12, 6, 16, 24, 1, 2, 13, 10, 15, 8, 4, 5, 18, 14, 20, patriatch, re-roll

Are you entering the family tree contest?: Yes
Are you entering the story contest?: No

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:49 pm
Look at those Wings!!!
My Name: StarieMichie
My Preference List: 11, 24, 15, 25, 4, 5, 7, 10, 22, 13, 16, 19, 21, 1, 2, Patriarch, 17, 18, 20, 9, 8, 3, 4, 6, 12, 14, 23, 26, 27

Are you entering the family tree contest?: No
Are you entering the story contest?: No Edit: Maybe! I might get enough time for this in the next couple of days. smile

StarieMichie

Unicorn

~Lady Kanna~

Anxious Werewolf

21,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:31 am
Look at those Wings!!!
My Name: ~Lady Kanna~
My Preference List: F22, M13, M5, F10, M15, F4, F16, M7, F24, M3, Patriarch, Custom, F2, M23, F8, M9, M11, M19, F12, F26, M1, M25, F6, F20, M17, F18, M21, F14

Are you entering the family tree contest?: No
Are you entering the story contest?: No

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:17 am
Look at those Wings!!!
My Name: CitrusCupcake
My Preference List: Patriarch, custom, 17, 5, 7, 16, 15, 4, 24, 2, 10, 13, 20, 21, 22, 12, 8, 18, 1, 6, 9, 11, 19, 14, 3, 23, 26, 25

Are you entering the family tree contest?: No - working out that thing makes my brain squeak whee
Are you entering the story contest?: Still don't have rp brain fully back so no XD

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:11 am
Look at those Wings!!!
My Name: NovaCracker
My Preference List: 27, Patriarch, 1, 12, 6, 7, 16, 14, 2, 4, 3, 5, 25, 26, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24,

Are you entering the family tree contest?: Nope
Are you entering the story contest?: YEEEEAAAAAHHH

I've Got a Story!
My User Name: NovaCracker
Patriarch = Quetzelcoatl
F12 = Sunflower
F12 = Zinger
How are they related?: Patriarch and his mates ;D
My story:

The Quetzal's Wishes

Gather around children, and let me tell you a story about the Quetzel's wishes.

No, no, I see you trying to ask for a Coyote Story, I told you last time after you painted an elder's face you did not get one this time, now sit and listen to the tale of Quetzelcoatl and his two wives. You see, Quetzelcoatl was a particularly handsome fellow who, when he was born, had such a beautiful sheen to his feathers that his mother and father named him for a god from the lands South of Here, and young Quetzelcoatl grew up every day seeking other beautiful things-- not because he was cruel or vain, children, but because birds like beautiful things. One day, as he flit and flew, he spied a city below him, a city by man other tribes call El Dorado, and that the strangers from the East and Across The Ocean call the City of Gold. Well, he saw something there, for sure enough he saw a flash of yellow and gold, and thought to himself, "I would certainly like to see a thing of beauty like that."

Now, the Great Spirit was watching, and because Quetzelcoatl was a kind, loving bird, he planned a Great Plan, and took one golden drop from the sun itself and mixed water and plants to create the most beautiful Songbird that ever lived. And she was named Sunflower, and sent to find Quetzelcoatl. Now Quetzelcoatl was a kind bird, and while roaming he found a hummingbird nest cold looking and alone, so he rest on it, thinking of the young inside and keeping them warm. Well, once again Quetzelcoatl had Big Thoughts too.

"It would be lovely," he thought, "If the babies in these eggs might have a mother to help me!"

Now, the Great Spirit heard Quetzelcoatl again and decided to help him, and he took the most beutiful pricly pear flowers, and the green green grass and made a Hummingbird wityh a beak as fierce as any other, and sent the Hummingbird, Zinger, after Quetzelcoatl.

By this time, the eggs were warmed and safe, and Sunflower found her mate, landing with great flourish.

"Greetings, Quetzelcoatl!" She exclaimed. "I am Sunflower, and the Great Spirit has heard you! For I am to be your wife!"

And Quetzelcoatl beamed and chirped, and greeted her but did not move from his nest. Sunflower moved and returned with berries and saguaro-fruit and delicious things, and fed her mate with care. However, soon, Zinger found them as well, the following sunrise, and wings spreading and buzzed and flew.

"Greetings Quetzelcoatl! My name is Zinger, and the Great Spirit has heard you, and I will help care for you and your nest!"

And only then did Quetzelcoatl move, for his mate was there and both startled, but Zinger took his place, tending the nest as the best mother would. Quetzelcoatl, however, despaired. However, Quetzelcoatl was despondant, day by day, growing sadder and less beautiful-- for what had he done with his foolish wishing? He could not choose a wife as he felt thought he had to do, and one day the Songbird, Sunflower, approached her husband with Zinger, both of his wives worried.

"Husband!" They called. "Why are you sick?"

And Quetzelcoatl responded in a sad voice, with a cheep-cheep-cheep,

"I am sad because my wishes have brought me a beautiful wife, and another beautiful, fierce wife, and mother, and I dare not choose! For I love both of them and am very grateful!"

Now, neither female knew how to answer, at first, but they could not bear to see their husband so sick.

"Well, we do not want you to choose either." Said Zinger wiseley. "So we shall both love you forever."

"Oh, I would like that very much." Quetzel spoke, and felt just a tiny bit better. "But will you be happy?"

"Yes, of course, for we were born of love and can only give love in return." Said Sunflower.

And so they did.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:07 pm
Look at those Wings!!!
My Name: Redbud-Tree
My Preference List: 2, 15, 5, 24, 13, 21, 22, 16, 25, 10, 27, 3, 1, 4,, 17, 14, 12, 6, 9, 7, 8, 26, 20, 23, 19, 18, 11

Are you entering the family tree contest?: Probably not, that's a lot of birdies!
Are you entering the story contest?: Maybe.

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

musicaloner7
Crew

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:09 am
Look at those Wings!!!
My Name: musicaloner7
My Preference List: 19, 20, 2, 17, 11, 13, 5, 6, 1, 10, custom in, 26, 23, 7, 24, 8, 14, 16, 18, 25, reroll

Are you entering the family tree contest?: no
Are you entering the story contest?: no

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas