Talk about the big RAWR Roleplay

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:41 am
Howlerd and I have been talking in the background about the RAWR roleplay and I think it's time to make this a public discussion. We need to involve the rest of you into this because this is for YOU and these topics we are discussing are as much your decision as ours.

The more you speak up here, the better this roleplay will be.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:42 am
howlerd
raisedpassion
howlerd
So.. Do not delete threads, Got its... But how about condensing threads? You Have those clans spaced out its... Tricky to navigate... Also. .Reposting to make the topics fresher and Fleshing it out abit.

Also, I would recommend starting with, Lets say, 2 Clans? And have the players found there own. If that clan is not active it gets more or less destroyed by fellow clans. I also recommend a Territory System, in which clans can control land.

If you agree with condensing, I will began moving the forums and re posting as needed. But Ill also require you to choose the Two Main Clans.

I will happily Moderate and Expand any subforum you want me to... But in the end I must say that Unnamed Roleplay was not mine before. I was a designer and moderator for the actual Roleplay Forum. But, I find moderating and developing UnNamed Roleplay a interesting project.

You're right, I DO remember problems with the clans now that you mention it. Whatever you want to do is fine, Like I said, instead of deleting threads, move them to the archive.

On Navigation: DO you remember the map we had?
User Image
It makes the navigation a much easier, click through process.

So, I can make it work.. But one thing I need is a World Map... A map of the world the rp is to be based in... We can make it a contest, ill pitch in for winner even (within reason) But I need a world map please?

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:14 am
Yes, agreed about the need for the world map to be drawn. The world map I threw together to get a feel for what we wanted before we sent it out to the artist team to be crafted. (Think concept of a concept).

From this we were able to create the first concept images of the RAWR world:

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

But that was years ago, the art team is gone, everything is gone and we are at a need to start over with all the design teams.

What I need to know from you is "what content do you want on the world map"?

Myself, I think we were moving in the right direction with what we started and should continue where we left off. The idea behind it is that you've got different climates to yield different species and lifestyles with RAWR perched in the middle as a center hub for trading. As the Roleplay gets bigger, the map allows for expansion outwards as we discover new areas and tribes.

The whole concept, EVERYTHING is loosely based off the vikings..... because there's so much good stuff in the vikings that we can use to create our world with.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:15 am
If nothing else, those concept images show that it CAN be done.....  

raisedpassion
Captain

HowlPhilinish
Vice Captain

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:16 pm
What im wanting Raised is a world map... Kinda like a Old English map of the world?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I want a map of the WHOLE WORLD... And the Map of the territory.. But first I need the whole world.

Next I want to know if I can rename the Roleplay to "The Clans of RAWR: The Official RAWR Roleplay"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:18 pm
raisedpassion
If nothing else, those concept images show that it CAN be done.....

Quote to get attention...  

HowlPhilinish
Vice Captain

Fashionable Shapeshifter

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:45 am
howlerd
What im wanting Raised is a world map... Kinda like a Old English map of the world?

I want a map of the WHOLE WORLD... And the Map of the territory.. But first I need the whole world.

Next I want to know if I can rename the Roleplay to "The Clans of RAWR: The Official RAWR Roleplay"
The roleplay was never named in the first place so.... uh.... ya.

As for the world map, one reason we left it regional to start is because we can easily add more to the roleplay by simply expanding the map.... Like how America got added after Christopher Columbus found it.

DO NOT START XALLY!!!

If we want to add a bad guy, dungeons, or more clans, we just DISCOVER them as we work our way out from the center.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:26 pm
raisedpassion
howlerd

As for the world map, one reason we left it regional to start is because we can easily add more to the roleplay by simply expanding the map.... Like how America got added after Christopher Columbus found it.

DO NOT START XALLY!!!

If we want to add a bad guy, dungeons, or more clans, we just DISCOVER them as we work our way out from the center.

Then dont make it a whole world. Make it a overview regional map, I just need a top view of the the world, a map. Doesnt have to be the whole planet, just the region that matters and can fit 2 clans, maybe 4 at most...

Also, I haz no rights to rename forums, so if you could do that it would be helpful... o.o  

HowlPhilinish
Vice Captain

Fashionable Shapeshifter

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:58 am
howlerd
raisedpassion
howlerd

DO NOT START XALLY!!!

Then dont make it a whole world. Make it a overview regional map, I just need a top view of the the world, a map. Doesnt have to be the whole planet, just the region that matters and can fit 2 clans, maybe 4 at most...

Also, I haz no rights to rename forums, so if you could do that it would be helpful... o.o
Ok, how about we do a world map that you click on to zoom to a regional 3/4 view?

What title did you want to give the subforum?

How about this: Howlerd upgraded to Vice Captain. See if you can change the subforum now.

Also, send out an announcement asking for artists to help you with your design.

I'm going to be "out of the office" with RAWR here for the next week - I've got company traveling 700 miles to see my family.

Serch is in charge while I'm away..... God help us all.  
RAWR: Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games