Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Literate Spam Guild

Back to Guilds

The original literate chatterbox. 

Tags: Literate, Spam, Lick, Suck, Gulp 

Reply The Literate Spam Guild
So sending my sister's cat to Japan is a huge pain...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Pudding Raven

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:49 am
Seriously.

So, her in laws were suppose to do the vet and take her to the airport and deal with all the paperwork ect.

WELL, nope. ALL ON ME.

I was just suppose to house her fury butt for the alst few months.
Now I get to take her to the vet today for which I am suppose to collect a poop sample (nbd, just allergic to cats, lemme dig out a nice fresh s**t though.)
I have only a vague a** idea of which paperwork I need and how many copies of each form I need which is in part due to my sister short handing EVERYTHING when answering me.

My sister gave me money to deal with all this. IDK how much the vet will be, the airline said 150 for board and 550 for her flight, but didn't tell her any fees or taxes associated so I have 300 extra in hopes that that is enough. If not... well ******** because David and I are broke as a joke and can't really cover the extra ourselves even as just a loan.

To top it all off, this flight is happening in Sacramento and so we have to wake up early as balls to drive there in order to be at the airport 3-4 hours early so the airline can make sure all the paperwork is in order. Obviously if it isn;t, we drove to Sac for NOTHING.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:27 pm
Tell her to get a new cat.  

Neuneu

O.G. Noob

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:04 pm
Neuneu
Yeah, if someone told me to just get a new cat I'd bitchslap them. Seriously.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:38 pm
Cats aren't just disposable or replaceable.

It is frustrating as all hell but I know, if tables were turned I would be doing anything in my power to have Thor sent to me.  

Pudding Raven

Neuneu

O.G. Noob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:48 pm
chinotenshi
Neuneu
I love my cat, but if it is too much of a hassle, I would leave my cat behind.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:51 pm
Neuneu
chinotenshi
Neuneu
I turned down job offers when we were looking to get out of Gifu because they asked if we could give away the ******** cats are family. They are NOT something to just give away. They are NOT a commodity or an object, but a living being who deserves the same love as any other member of my family.

I'm too ******** sick to deal with someone who thinks that pets are things that can simply be thrown/given away.  

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

Neuneu

O.G. Noob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:54 pm
chinotenshi
Neuneu
chinotenshi
Neuneu
I turned down job offers when we were looking to get out of Gifu because they asked if we could give away the ******** cats are family. They are NOT something to just give away. They are NOT a commodity or an object, but a living being who deserves the same love as any other member of my family.

I'm too ******** sick to deal with someone who thinks that pets are things that can simply be thrown/given away.
Jeez. It's not that I don't love my cat. I just have other priorities.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:32 pm
Getting a pet is a commitment to caring for them. I would have to be p much homeless and completely unable to care for them before I gave them away.

On topic: You have to drive all the way there? Isn't it possible to make sure it's in order before you make the trip just to save that time and gas money?

Akky the Terrible

Wisdom Chyck

O.G. Codger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:14 am
Is she moving to Japan forever or is it a temporary thing?
I mean, if it's just a year, then wouldn't it be better to have someone take care of the cat here?
I just feel sorry for the little critter having to be cramped in a cage for the 10+ hour flight.
But if she's moving there for good, then it would make sense that she'd want her kitty with her.

Really, it's not fair that you've been foisted with ALL of the work.
Especially when you're allergic to cats and all (a stool sample..? really..?)
But I'm sure things will work out just fine and your sister's kitty will get to her safe and sound! c:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:43 am
She'll be there at least 3 years. Military family and all that.
Also if I could just keep the cat for ehr I would but, technically seaking it is actually against my rental agreement to have her here and none of the other family members were willing to take her on for the last few months let alone 3 years.

ALSO, as I was typing this I found out I needed USDA vet stamps on the form I got YESTERDAY and well, none of them are open on weekends....

SO, we're ********.  

Pudding Raven

The Literate Spam Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces