Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lands of Imagination (RP Guild)

Back to Guilds

A roleplay guild where everything is possible! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Romance, Action, Horror, Adventure 

Reply [26] Survival
Running On Borrowed Time (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anyone interested in this roleplay?
  I am! c:
  Not me. >:c
  Bugger off, muppet! D:<
  The faces got me, sign me up! xD
  I'm doing this so late but I can't sleep because of some foppish insomnia. x-x Halp.
  :{D Moustashio!
  I'm just here for the potato. (::)
View Results

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:44 am
Wilhelm Steinherz

"Verrücktes Wunderkind"

User Image
☢Just Another Day Here:☢ The Hospital
☠Other Survivors I’m With:☠ Cain
☠And I'm:☠ Unsure of what to do.
☠What’s On My Mind:☠ Where does he have his medicine?
☠OOC:☠ ((Well this is just the beginning- prepare. >:D))

Wilhelm had no idea what to do and watched the medical professional walk away with the person who needed more attention than the seizing boy on the ground. He made sure that the kid didn't roll back over from his side like the random guy had told him, but then after a couple of minutes he noticed that the boy had stopped moving. At first, he freaked out and reached a hand up to the kid's neck, but he felt a pulse- and it was still strong. It was a bit irregular, but it was there. The kid was alive; that's all that mattered. The German let out a sigh of relief and waited for the kid to return to consciousness. If it hadn't happened within ten minutes, he would have hefted Cain up in his arms and began to carry him back to the safe room. He didn't want to freak out Nitori with the state of her new friend, but he also didn't want tp leave him anywhere more susceptible to zombie attacks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zachary's head perked up a bit when he got a compliment from the guy who had just yelled at him. Maybe he wasn't so mean after all. At the next instructions, the boy let out a small "Okay." and hefted the half of the big boy's arm onto the table. It took a bit of effort on his part because he was so small and the Liam was a really big boy. He let out a couple of grunts while trying to get it onto the table, but was proud of himself when he saw it resting up there where he had been told to put it. The boy quickly wandered back over to Stanislav and looked up at him, wondering how to get up when he was motioned to wash his hands. He looked over and saw a trash bin on the other side of the counter, climbing on it to get on the table. Then he was able to wash his hands. Once done, he hopped back down from the counter and stood next to the surgeon, looking up curiously when he asked what his name was. "I-I'm Zach." was his nervous reply before hearing the man's name. His giggled a bit and said, "Stan-is..lev. You have a funny name too, just like the big Liam!" Then his smile faded at remembering how hurt the big boy was... he wasn't even moving anymore. He watched the surgeon work and nodded saying, "I wanna help... so... I'll try my best."

[OOC: Xelyn, I hope you're cool with this view on the post. I ended up looking up the qualities, symptoms, timing, etc. for a Grand mal seizure and based my character's ******** on the information I received. If I need to edit this, just let me know. This is more like it. c:]

Lady Robotic Pink

Xelyn_X13

Qunarri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:09 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxηina

ɢvernaxxxxxxx

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

'Dang it!' The first zombie had been....somewhat taken down but this was due to her own fault. She had no idea about the repeated blows the zombie had in mind or the fact that she hadn't put enough strength into her blade to cut the darn things head off. But most of all it was her miscalculation of the things height. She assumed it would be a few more inches taller so instead of slicing off the creature's head from it's neck she had her katana wedged into it's skull. Getting the thing out was going to be a nuisance and it required time which was not on her side. The footsteps in front of her were dead set in front of her and it appeared that one of them was going to attack. She also heard something behind her, another pair of footsteps and she was in no mood to fight another trio on her own. With the two zombies in front of her, being weak and mindless compared to other zombies Nina decided to face the third opponent. She grabbed the sheath from the ground and placed her back to the wall, by the windows. Even though her sheath wasn't sharp it was sturdy, at least sturdy enough to fend off these weak zombie opponents. She could use it to whack the opponents to create an opening for her but she didn't really want to use this as a weapon but where were her options now. Nina decided that her knife set will be used as a surprise for the zombies once they thought they had gotten the better of her.

Once her strategy was in place she peered down the hall expecting another zombie. However, she wasn't sure to make out what was down the hall since its features were hidden and the only thing she could possibly see was what appeared to be a gun. Nina hadn't really run into survivors but she had her share of viewing them from afar. As she didn't use a bow and arrow there was no way she could help and risking her life to protect others when it meant being killed in the process was a big N.O and N.O. So now it seemed options were opening up to her, she could risk this stranger to be a helper or a zombie in disguise. If it was a zombie then she always had her sheath and small debris at her disposal. So she decided to go down the hallway using her speed to maneuver the debris on the floor and to put distant between her and the zombies behind. These types of zombies are normally pretty slow and one can outrun them pretty easily if one had the stamina to run far distance.
"So what is it going to be stranger?" Nina faced the stranger while placing her sheath diagonally in front of her to warn him that if he was going to fight her she was ready. Although she wasn't really sure if the stranger in front of her could actually communicate.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

{წ In the Hospital: წ
{წ Katana: Swiss Army Survival Knife Set: Sports Backpack: Sharpener: First Aid Kit: Flint: Stainless Steel Water Bottle (3/4) Filled: How to Survive an Apocalypse Book: Two Bags of Chia Seeds: წ

Yoshielite

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Lady Robotic Pink

Fashionable Kitten

4,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:03 pm
Stanislav Dvornyev
Former Medical Surgeon

Tools of the trade
Swiss army knife / cheese-wire (50m) / pliers / a 20cm butcher's knife / an old Kalashnikov / water bottle / a first aid kit with 50 disinfectant pills
two rolls of bandages / All these in the runner's backpack he used for his hobby of cross-country running

User Image

Stanislav paused his preparations for a moments, having gone through the preliminaries, to raise a red eyebrow at the child.

"Well," he said, slightly put out for reasons he could not quite put his finger on, perhaps because he did not do so well around children. To be precise, he made sure he had nothing to do with them, if he could so help it. "If it makes it easier, you may call me 'Stanni', like my grandfather did." He added, more as an afterthought to himself than to the other.

"Alright, then, Zach, me lad," Stanislav said with a deep intake of breath. "Come here, stand by this tray, alright? Well, we'll see if he's luck enough, at least. Please make sure to give me the instruments I ask for when I need them, go it? Make sure that you only touch the thing by the very tip of the handle, like this, see? That way we'll cut down on the possibility of infections that may kill him. We're going to try to re-attach this gentleman's, hmm....Liam's? Hmm, arm."

Stanislav pulled on the one pair of sterilized gloves he could find.

He had done something similar about two years ago, under the head surgeon, mind you. The patient had had his leg almost completely severed in a train accident when his car had passed through the red-light crossing at exactly the wrong moment. They had managed to re-attach them limb, which had been hanging by threads, literally, but the man was never able to regain full control over it due to frayed and over-traumatized tissue.

If Stanislav could get anywhere near that level of success, he was going to be the uncrowned King of Replantation, he realized with a dismissive snort at himself.

"Ok, Zachary," he said, settling into his seat, having un-bandaged and cleaned the open areas. "Pay attention and learn the names of the tools as we go long, ok? If you're not sure, then ask. I'll take these first, the size 2 tweezers and the vessel clamps. Hmm....well, then Mr Laim, let's see what we can do about all this fuss, then, shall we."

Stanislav set to work.

"Only reach as far as your blanket allows
and remember, the Boogey Man lives beyond that..."

☢Peeka-boo:☢ In the Hospital
☠Abstractions☠ A doctor's work in never done, especially after an apocalypse, it seems...
☠OOC:☠ Please tell me if I'm overboard.....lol....I'm still getting the feels of this play, but SOOOOOOOO nice to be back with a nice, proper RP going!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yoshielite

Qunarri

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:00 pm
Known Survivor Population: 12
Season: Late Summer
Time of Day: Evening
Weather: Slight Wind Building
Zombie Concentration: High, on its way
Known Mutated Zombie Population: 0
Danger Level: High

User ImageUser Image

NPC Event/Random Encounter

As Varyn picked his way through the equipment, he noticed that the survivor moved very quickly away from her situation and towards him. He was surprised by her agility and speed; she picked through the obstacles in the hallway and approached him with a rather determined face. He figured she was trying to either prove herself as something not to be trifled with or was running towards the lesser of two evils. He wasn't exactly sure what it was that lay in the stairwell, bu he knew it was at least another zombie. He wouldn't be surprised if another mutated one crawled out of the woodwork. An eyebrow quirked up behind his mask in mild confusion and amusement as she raised her blade sheath to bear. When he heard her question, he shrugged. He figured that she wouldn't be an issue since she called him a 'stranger', which meant that she thought he was human.

Instead of facing her head on or making himself look like a threat, he let his gun down to his side and moved around her, tapping her sheath as he went by. He didn't expect her to react in a good way, but he grabbed a hold of his gun with both hands and took off down the hallway in the direction of the zombies. He'd be damned if he was going to let any more infected live and endanger the group's safety... or block their escape route. He stayed a good distance away from the door, firing two small bursts of the silenced weapon into the zombies that appeared. Once he finished that task, he stomped on the face of the still-twitching undead. He checked the stairwell for more zombies and was satisfied that there were no more. e turned around and went back into the hallway, placing his boot on the head and neck of the halfway decapitated zombie on the floor. Using his free hand, he grasped the hilt of the katana, pulling it out from the corpse beneath him. He shook it clean of the gore and then made his way back over to the girl, slinging his gun over his shoulder. As he got closer, he picked the sword up in both of his hands, laying it horizontally across them and offering it to her in the passive gesture.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zachary was happy that the funny name guy had an easier to pronounce name, after all. "Okay Stanni!" the child replied happily, "That's a nice name." He quickly hurried over to when the surgeon stood, paying attention and absorbing what he could from the surgeon's quick lesson. "Okay, I'll do my best." he replied nervously, not wanting to mess up. He nodded and put that information to memory, making sure he knew that he could ask if he wasn't sure or forgot. He tried to remember the shapes of the instruments that the surgeon picked up along with their names. He was super focused; he didn't want Liam to die.

[[OOC: I was hesitant to post since we haven't got another Liam/Esmai or Cain/Nitori post. However, I was going to keep moving this along anyhow.]]

Hope the kind

Lady Robotic Pink

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:00 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxηina

ɢvernaxxxxxxx

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

The determination that envolped her whole did not waver as the stranger gave what appeared to be a shrug of the shoulder. Although it may appear meaningless it held quite the opposite for her. The shrug indicated that this stranger was no zombie as it appeared to have complete control of itself, at least from what she could determine in this short exchange between the two. As far as Nana's knowledge went she didn't have anything on zombies that didn't act....so human. Her conscience told her that this stranger may be a survivor of the apocalypse much like herself, except she didn't know what kind of survivor this stranger may be. As there are many type of people in the world there are many types of survivor in this new world. There are those who would sacrifice others to save their own skin, some would even go as far as help some of the zombies but who knew how long that relationship would last and etc.

This stranger, as much as it is a relief that he is a survivor could still be a threat to herself. Her biggest threat in this scenario was the stranger in front of her considering he had a gun and all she had was her sheath. She may be quick but she wasn't certain if she could evade a bullet. Her indigo eye's shifted to the small movement of his gun being pointed down to the floor. Nina didn't flinch or move her position when physical contact came to be with the stranger. The contact almost seemed playful and not at all threatening as he passed her and headed towards the zombies behind. Nina turned around to face not only the stranger's back but also the enemies that came for them both.

It was interesting to watch the stranger take the zombies down with such ease as it demonstrated his skill and experience in the zombie apocalypse. The stranger appeared to be a veteran of this new world as he took extra measures to locate any more zombies within the vicinity. After what appeared to be the stranger satisfied with the results Nina met the stranger halfway as the stranger held her katana horizontally within the palms of his hands.
"Thank you, stranger. It would have been a bit difficult for myself to dislodge this from the creature's skull." Nina spoke both factually and grateful towards the stranger.
"I don't suppose you know of a way to kill all the zombies, I'm beginning to run out of books to read."

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

{წ Katana: Swiss Army Survival Knife Set: Swiss Knife: Sports Backpack: Sharpener: First Aid Kit: Flint: Stainless Steel Water Bottle (3/4) Filled: How to Survive an Apocalypse Book: Two Bags of Chia Seeds: წ

Yoshielite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:29 am
Zombie Concentration: High
Known Mutated Zombie Population: 0

User Image

NPC Event

Great, another talkative one... Varyn thought bitterly. It was just his luck to keep finding people who insisted on talking and asking him questions. First the girl, then the small group, then the German and his group, now some crazy guy and this girl. When she had taken back her sword, his hands dropped back to his sides and he began to walk forward, inviting her to follow with the wave of his hand. He absolutely hated speaking. Unfortunately given his situation and the fact that he had about a dozen people to evacuate from the city that had no idea what was going on, he was going to be forced to speak... a lot. He kept silent as they walked, thinking about what he should say. He never asked for names because he would never reply in kind with his. I suppose I'll have to let her know too. She seems to have no clue as to what's going on. He was not amused by this thought, just irritated. That meant he had six woman in his group, one of them a child, 1 boy/zombie, and then five other males plus himself. It was a rather large group with a lot at stake should he fail. After all, the women of the group needed to be protected at all costs. He wasn't sure who else knew what he did, but so far all he had seen were people doing things to protect those close to each other. He might have to sit down and talk with the males of the group on that one.

It was not a very far walk to the place where all of the survivors were hidden. He opened the door to the medical storage room once again, leading the new survivor in. Once that was done, he shut the door and stood silently looking over everyone in the room. One, two, three, four, five, six. Good. He had done a mental count on how many were in the room. All females were accounted for. Dylan was accounted for and dead, he was accounted for, and then there was the big guy who ran off with the zombie boy, Wihlem, the weird kid, and the crazy guy from the hallway with the Kalashnikov. While he was there, he heard movement outside and spun around with his gun drawn. He watched the door handle go down and let his finger hover over the trigger. Soon enough, the door opened to reveal Wilhelm carrying an unconscious Cain. Fantastic. he thought sarcastically, Just another thing to slow us down. Now he had eight of the eleven survivors with him. Before anyone could start fussing over Cain being unconscious or where any of the other survivors were, Varyn spoke.

"We need to move soon." His cold, detached voice grew in volume to cover any noises people were making. "Any minute now we could be surrounded, overwhelmed, and killed." There were definitely going to be looks of confusion, so he figured that he would come clean with them about some of the things happening in more detail. "There is a group of mercenaries- people looking to hunt and kill other survivors- that has been going town to town in an attempt to wipe the Earth clean of people." He paused to let that information sit in. "They have an army of zombies that they use to track down, overwhelm, and kill anyone who is left alive. They made their way into the City earlier today and I'm sure that they will make their way over here." He wasn't going to go over the fact that they were also specifically hunting him since it wouldn't help the situation. "We do not have any more time to waste here. Start. Packing." His last two words were emphasized singularly as an order. Wilhelm nodded to Varyn and placed Cain down, resting the man's head on a duffel bag of supplies. Soon enough, Wilhelm was gathering some extra weapons and ammunition for the room that he had stashed, as well as common medications that could be used.

Varyn stopped to think for a moment before turning to Wilhelm. "Where are the two others?"
Wilhelm looked up in surprise. "They're over with the doctor. He's trying to ehm... reattach a limb." He had almost forgotten about Liam and Zachary... and the strange medical man who seemed to come out of no where.
"Stop what you're doing and go get them. We don't have time for that."
Wilhelm got up and nodded. "Jawohl!"

The German quickly exited the room, running down the hallway with his shotgun at the ready. It took him a bit, but he returned to the site and went in the direction the other two had left, pieces of Liam in tow. Once he finally caught up with them, he lowered his gun and walked in calmly, trying to not disturb the process. "Ehm, Doktor... we need to leave." He said it politely and patiently, hoping that he wouldn't disturb the man's work. He wanted to convey the urgency to the man, but it looked as if he was in the middle of a very complicated process. His eyes wandered to the hole in the little boy's torso. It was trouble and he knew it. This boy was most definitely one of the Untoten, and he would need to be dealt with. He had only seen one other zombie that had acted in this way, and that ended up turning into a huge mess. They seemed to attract zombies wherever they went. He quietly debated shooting the pint-sized zombie and explaining later.

[[OOC: I suppose I'll continue on, posting slowly to give people the time to post and react. Also Xelyn, I'm still going on the old back-story we had made quite a bit ago.]]

Hope the kind

Qunarri

Xeyln_X13

Wyrda Stenr

Lady Robotic Pink

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:29 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxηina

ɢvernaxxxxxxx

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

At first, the mysterious man did not appear to have any interest in responding to her question as he silently walked along the halls. She kept at his hills not because he was a survivor but because she was interested in what this person had to show her. Although he had taken care of the two zombies that came after her it did not mean that he was a good man or at least a good survivor. As mentioned before there are different types of survivors and if this man decided to take her down then it could just be a bit troublesome. As this stranger's main weapon appeared to be a gun it would prove difficult for Nina to dodge a bullet with her speed and sword. Perhaps she could manage or perhaps she could not. If that day comes she knew at least one dead body will fall on the floor.

Wherever their destination was to be it wasn't very far. He had paused in front of the medical storage room, a place Nina didn't often go since her simple medical supplies were already fully loaded. Another reason why she didn't come to this room to hide was because it wasn't in her nature. If it was necessary to evade an enemy in order to get the attack on it then fine, she could duck down for a little while. However, if people thought she was going to cower from zombies then that itself was a mistake. It would only be a matter of time before the zombies would locate her or any other spineless person who thought hiding was the best way to survive in this zombie apocalypse.

When the stranger opened up the storage room she could immediately see survivors and a lot by her count. She mentally believed that she was on her own because that was the best way to think during these times. Yet there they were, hiding in a room from the zombies. Nina stepped into the room with the stranger as he closed up the storage room. The stranger continued to remain quiet so Nina faced her attention onto the survivors. Even as her eyes scanned each of the faces of the survivor the sound of the storage handle being turned caught her ears. She instinctive placed her hand on her weapon and positioned herself into attack mode. The next minute that didn't seem necessary considering another survivor carrying another survivor came through the door. 'How many survivors are there?!' Nina thought to herself as the group of survivors seemed to be expanding within a blink of an eye.

The stranger's silence didn't last long as he finally spoke yet not to her but to all the survivors in the room. Nina captured every word this stranger had to say for himself. Considering that everyday was dangerous the news the stranger brought with him heightened that danger level.
"What a bunch of idiots," Nina murmured to herself at the news. She wasn't sure what the mercenaries were thinking but she was sure that sooner or later those mercenaries would be attacked by the very zombies they used. For now though she needed to focus on surviving this new attack. She assumed that these idiots would bring a number of different zombies in the city. As Nina has only faced a couple of different zombies herself she was sure that she was going to enjoy the time when she would cut off the heads of zombies in the near future.

"I'm all set here but if you need me to carry a few extra things I can manage." Nina stayed within her little spot in the storage room and when she spoke she didn't face anyone. She allowed her voice to wander within the room.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

{წ Katana: Swiss Army Survival Knife Set: Swiss Knife: Sports Backpack: Sharpener: First Aid Kit: Flint: Stainless Steel Water Bottle (3/4) Filled: How to Survive an Apocalypse Book: Two Bags of Chia Seeds: წ

Yoshielite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:09 am
Weather: Partially Cloudy With A Slight Wind
Known Mutated Zombie Population: 1
Danger Level: Very High

User Image

Title Event

They had made it at last. The Hospital was in sight, and not too far off. Their advance teams should already be moving in on the place and searching the area for survivors. The mercenary leader known as 'Chief' was watching intently, waiting patiently for the chance to meet the man in the Ghile suit again. He remembered fighting him hand-to-hand and nearly losing. It annoyed him to think that there was someone so capable out there that didn't want to join them. He was just lucky that Martin had come by and shot him. They had thought he was dead for sure, but it seems like they had missed his vitals and he had ended up living. They would not make the same mistake. His eyes moved over to rest on the large man to his side that stood a full head over the rest of them. He was not intimidated by the African's stature, but he knew and appreciated the poacher's capabilities and strength. The man looked back at him for a moment before the Chief shrugged at him. The man did not hesitate to face forward again. Martin was a smarter man than most pegged him for, and that made him even more dangerous than anyone else in the group. Maya was by far the fastest, Martin was by far the smartest, and Brady was the most reckless- but he had brute strength to back up that annoying trait. As for the himself, the Chief didn't need to say. They all wouldn't have followed him if he hadn't proven himself to them. A small grin spread across his face as they approached the main road leading to the Hospital. Almost time for round two, mystery man. The thought was enough to invigorate him.

Maya was eager for some action. She had been itching to get something done for a while. She didn't care for watching the zombies kill off everyone, but she could still be patient. Brady was a different story. He had gone off following the advance troops to try and have the first taste of the bloodshed to come. She didn't care and honestly hoped he would get himself killed. The only people she really care about staying alive were Martin and the Chief. They were helpful and extremely proficient in their duties, but she couldn't trust either of them worth a grain of salt. She knew that the poacher was a brilliant man that could out-think them, and she knew their leader was someone to be feared, not trusted. She knew that he knew that as well, but the man had such a frightening presence and mindset that it was hard to even think about crossing him in any way. Someday she figured she would get closer to Martin and see if he could brainstorm a way to get away from that man before his boredom caught up with him. That was not now, nor would it be soon... so she still had time.

Brady led a group of zombies along with a Brawler and two Hoarders towards the Hospital. "They won't be on the bottom floor because they aren't stupid." he said aloud, as if voicing his own base thoughts. The Hoarder nodded and passed it along to the zombies as if it were an order. It was a bit odd for the Hoarders to see a Brawler obeying orders that well, and that it hadn't tried to attack the man before them. Certainly the man was large and had immense brawn, but that never stopped them from charging before. There was definitely something unstable and disconcerting about the dim-witted man's presence in their group. Brady turned back and looked at the Hoarder with an mildly confused look. "Are there any other zombies left in this place, or were they all taken out?" The two Hoarders looked about for a moment, probing to see if there were any more minds in the area that could be affected. There were two on the third floor, but as the Hoarder attempted to connect to their neural network, their brainwaves ended abruptly.

"Sir!" The dead woman turned to face the mercenary quickly. "There were only two left on the third floor, and now they are gone."
"So?" the dense man did not understand the implications of this information.
"Sir, that means the humans must be on the third floor and had just killed them."
"Oh." The man took a pause in frustration. "Why the hell didn't ya just say that?" His thick southern drawl was coated in anger.
"That was my mistake, it will not happen again." it replied hastily, stepping back from the man.
"Whatever. Let's go kill them."

They started on their way up the stairs.

[[OOC: We're getting closer to the end! All survivors should start taking heed to the danger at hand as Varyn has explained, or they may not be able to escape in time. As it stands, they are about to be found. If they want to have any hope of surviving, they will need to act and SOON! Good luck survivors, your first real test is upon you. This is also to say that I will be timing these title events now rather than waiting so that it seems a lot more pressured. c: I think it might be a fun change for you guys. I do understand people are busy, but I will not just killed off your character without permission... unless you have disappeared from here and haven't contacted me on it in a month or more. I'll send out some PMs to make sure.]]

Qunarri

Hope the kind

Xelyn_X13

Wyrda Stenr

TheJokesOnTheBat

Lady Robotic Pink

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ x ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫

ℭain ℑchimaru ↔ Nitori Graysen

☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ x ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫

Nitori jumped in surprise as the door opened from the outside, taking a step backward in alarm. The poor little girl didn't know what to think of the bush-man that stepped in. She was definitely afraid of it though, so she ran and hid behind Loretta, staring at it to see if it was a bad guy. No one else seemed to be afraid of it though, and behind the bush-thing was a new person. A young woman with bright blue eyes entered the room behind Varyn, a weapon in hand. Everyone seemed to have a weapon of some kind. Nitori wondered why she didn't have one, maybe then she could fight off the monsters too.

Suddenly the door opened yet again, making Nitori flinch again but soon feel much safer as she saw who it was. Wilhelm and Cain entered the room but... something was wrong with Cain!
"Daddy! Why isn't Cain moving?!" The little girl shouted, too worried and scared to realize that she had just called Wilhelm Daddy. She ran over to the two, careful to step around the large bush-creature and give it a wide berth, and then took a hold of the corner of Wilhelm's coat, tugging on it in excited worry. "Are you ok Wilhelm? Did you kill the monster? Why won't Cain move? Is he dead? Why didn't he keep his promise? He said we would all protect each other and wouldn't let anything bad happen to each other! Why did he lie? Waaaaaah!" Nitori was bawling her eyes out as she buried her face in Wilhelm's coat to cry into it. She only quieted down a bit when the bush started to talk. She didn't quite grasp the gravity of what he was saying, but she did understand that they needed to leave or bad people would come to kill them. "We aren't gonna leave Cain, are we?" She asked, big crocodile tears running down her cheeks and sniffles coming from her nose. She hiccuped a couple of times through her crying as well, still gripping the hem of Wilhelm's Coat tightly in her little fists.

Meanwhile, as Wilhelm set Cain down on the floor and started packing things, a slight stir came from his thin body. It took a while as he struggled to regain consciousness, weaving in and out of it without opening his eyes, but eventually he was able to gain enough awareness to hear the words "...go get them. We don't have time for that." and Wilhelm's hasty, German, response before the man got up and left.

Cain's eyes fluttered open and squinted, the dull light still being too much for him and making the skull splitting headache he already had worse. He gave a small groan and let out an uneasy breath, still very disoriented from his episode. He felt a thousand years old, weak and exhausted. He tried to lift a hand into the air, but his arm shook so bad he immediately dropped it back down beside his head. Nitori heard the noise of his hand hitting the floor and was the first to notice as Cain slowly came back to life. She had already let go of Wilhelm so he could go get the other's and now dropped to the floor, on her knees, next to Cain. She embraced his thin frame, glad to see he wasn't dead as she was afraid he might be.
"Nnn... Nitori? What happened? Wh-what's going on?" He asked, putting a shaky hand on the little girl's back as she hugged him tight. "We have to leave now, cuz some bad people are coming to get us. That's what the fuzzy, bushy guy said." She said, lifting her head and pointing at Varyn. Cain slowly turned his head and looked at the gas masked face. He just stared for a minute before letting out a sort of breathy groan again and shutting his eyes. He was too damn tired to deal with this s**t. Cain almost wanted to give in and just wait for his death to arrive so he could get it over with, at least then he wouldn't have to keep struggling just to survive in a life that was debatable on whether it was even worth living or not. He was so tired, and so sick, and so sick and tired of fighting. He wondered if it was worth it. Another small hicup sounded from Nitori as she looked at Cain. He turned his head to look back and she gave him a waterlogged smile from under her tears. Yes... It was worth it. "We had better get moving then."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:48 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxηina

ɢvernaxxxxxxx

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

A blond child had left the mass of survivors and went over to the unconscious male that was placed down by another survivor male. There was an exchange of names but she quickly forgot them. She was the type to forget such things easily unless she had a piece of paper on her. Sure, she could remember survival stuff she read from books but names were a whole other challenge all together. Yet, it was interesting to find such a young girl as one of the members of the survivors. Clearly, if anyone were to lag behind then it would be she. If the group had ever lagged behind and zombies were at the heels it would be best to sacrifice the girl so that the zombies would be distracted with flesh meat.

Nina didn't have time to pay attention to the scene unfolding within the storage room. She could hear footsteps of various kinds echo from outside. As the zombies within this compound had been eliminated it must mean that more zombies had entered the premises or the mercenaries were already at their doorstep.
"Their here," she let her words sink into the ears of all the survivors. She was sure the man who had accompanied her had also heard the noise. These new enemies were quick and they didn't hesitate when coming into the hospital. Nina took her sword out of its sheath, which she placed within when she received her katana back. If the enemies were to reach them here then they were nothing more than cows ready for the slaughter house. They needed to change location and very quickly too if they wished a prayer in a chance that they were going to survive.
"We need to move out, now" she kept her voice hushed but still loud enough for other survivors to hear her within this room.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Qunarri

Victorious Ally

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:22 am
      User Image

E S M A I x & x L I A M x

he who lights his own fire burns longestdumb luck

████████████ ( )████████████

__________________________________________________________

health: bandaged cut on arm / left gruesomely cut off (fresh), shot in right shoulder (fresh), great blood loss, not yet in shock but nearing, slightly peckish .. company: Cain, Xenia, Zach, Varyn, Dylan, Emma, Jacqueline, Wilhelm, EVERYONE OTL .. location: hospital

Events ran by quickly as ever, but through Liam's eyes, everything was an eternity. The moment he swung his second attack at the monster was a mistake that he wouldn't be forgetting. The Gnasher had no issue slicing it's teeth clean through his hatchet's blade- the monster didn't even flinch. The metal screech and easily gave way to it's bite, much to Liam's dismay. As soon as to ripped through the metal his skin went cold and he felt sweat instantly on the back of his neck. He was disarmed and toe to toe with the monster. Before he could react properly, the Gnasher lunged at him again and latched onto his left arm with the one it had left. Liam flailed his arm as hastily as he could in panic and terror, but the worst came of it. As someone rounded the corner into view, he hardly even bothered to pay attention to his surroundings at that point, the Gnasher did exactly as it's name implied. Gnashed it's teeth and sank them into his flesh. Right through the bend of his elbow. A relatively clean cut if he was going to credit the monster. It's teeth sliced through flesh and bone alike as if they were nothing. There was no time to fully comprehend the removal of his arm as the monster fell off him and tossed the limb to the side. Pain was instantaneous.

Liam had encountered pain in his lifetime. He was clumsy and large, of course he did. Scraped knees, twisted wrists, concussions- just everyday average accidents. But compared to this new experience, all those pains were hardly comparable to a bugbite. He was lost for breath and any he managed to take in released itself as a scream or wordless shout as he clutched above the cut area in some attempt to stop the blood. Excruciating pain was all he could comprehend from there further as he shook and gasped for breath while bleeding profusely. How could one react to that? What prepares one to lose a limb entirely? Liam's eyes remained solely planted on his open arm as he turned ghostly pale. No matter of roaring or clutching made the pain decrease. He could hardly feel himself hyperventilate as he desperately needed to catch a breath between each time he cried out.

He didn't have it in him to react to anything else as events unfolded before him. He didn't even glance as Zach was impaled or as a new man emerged to fire shots at the mutant. His knees were nearly giving away as he quickly bled out but he remain on his feet. That was, until the round that killed the Gnashed struck him in the opposing shoulder. He cried out once again but had no extra arm to grab at the new wound. He collapsed to his knees and only looked up a moment to see the gunman drop his weapon. He didn't remember the kid's name. Not at that moment. The pain was too extreme to allow him to think clearly. Sounds were drowned out by a shrill ringing and his sight blurred and tunneled. He leaned forward and curled around the stump arm. Ringing didn't cover it. His ears didn't ring. It sounded like sirens directly shrieking in his face to block any other sound from reaching him. As for his sight, he could hardly even keep his eyes open. He squeezed them shut and wheezed with his weight curled around his arm to apply pressure. He didn't make it keep better. He only covered himself with his own blood before anyone came to tend to him. It felt like it'd been years rather than a matter of seconds between the severing of his arm to being treated. He was tense and fought the person trying to lay him down but the man won over and Liam was on his back. He continue to writhe and squirm while the man he could hardly watch who it was. Not only that, but he was trying to say something. Between the deafening ringing and the foreign language, Liam was clueless to what the man was saying. His voice quieted to heavy huffs and groans while the man toyed with some sort of case. He didn't know what the guy was doing. He didn't understand the warning he was given, only that there was a wooden biting stick being forced into his mouth and that the man was keeping him pinned while he applied gauze to the wound. Soon he was going to need the stake. The moment Wilhelm turned the tourniquet, Liam thrashed as violently as he could under the weight of the man and clenched his teeth around the stake. He gave another long but muffled shout. If Liam was in a better position, he may have been able to actually knock the man off him. But at the moment he was weakened and allowed the man to pin him successfully. All he could do while he work was bellow and flail. When he was finally finished with the arm, Liam could only pant and and whine. He didn't recognize that he was being helped. All he knew was that he was hurting. Then he had to suffer through his shoulder being played with. His thrashing was significantly weaker but he did continue to fight Wilhelm. Perhaps not only the German, but the shock. As long as he continued to keep himself awake he couldn’t be swallowed by shock. He wasn’t letting himself go under. It wasn’t likely he could do that easily, anyways.

Next on his adventure was a visit by a redhaired man he did not recognize. That wasn’t Dylan. He knew that immediately. He was being hoisted off the ground by him and was shakily on his legs before they moved again. Standing made him too dizzy and he swayed. He held out the stumped arm like it was going to help him keep his balance. It absolutely did not and he leaned heavily on the stranger while he staggered in the direction he was being led. His arm continued to thump with intense pain he’d never known before but he numbly followed wherever he was being shepherded. That seemed to be a hospital room and onto the bed. He didn’t want to lay down and hesitated. He didn’t know that man. His thoughts were jumbled and dizzy. He didn’t know that man and his arm was missing. He hurt off over despite only his arm and shoulder being the things injured. But he backed against the bed and rolled onto it, trying to jostled his injuries as little as possible. He just wanted to pain to stop.

He continued to wriggle on the bed while the stranger flitted about and collected tools. He shut his eyes as tightly as he could and grit his teeth. He was doing his best to stay quiet but groans still escaped him. He had enough tolerance to pain to keep himself conscious and relatively operational under the excruciating pain, but it wasn’t enough for him to take it in grace, so to say. The man poked around further and Liam did nothing. Until he heard Zach pipe up clearly, that is. He turned his head quickly to the kid to confirm that it was indeed him. There was a momentary flash of relief to see that he was alive and fine but then a flood of despair to see that he was absolutely wrong in that thinking. Zach was there, yes. But certainly not in good health. Liam’s shoulders fell limp while he stared blankly into Zach’s gaping open midsection. He was no doctor but he knew a wound like that was, without any doubt, death. Liam could see shreds of inky black intestines and organs that had been torn along with his abdomen. “Z-Zach…” he trailed off meekly. He failed. That was the bottom line. He didn’t keep Zach safe and he had a wide open hole through his body because of that. Without hesitation Liam blamed himself. He began to question why Zach acted as if it was nothing, however. The big guy spaced out numbly as he watched the black blood drip from his little buddy.

Before he could formulate any further response, the previous man interrupted the session. His tone was strained as far as Liam could tell. He didn’t look into it. He only looked into Zach’s wound that nobody was tending to. Why were they bothering with his arm? Why did they take care of that when Zach as there, missing an entire hole out of his body?! Liam sparked back up again with another round of adrenalin. There was no way it was going to last long. Eventually he was going to tucker out and fall but for the moment there was a fight left in him. He swung his legs over the side of the bed carefully and stood as gently as he could manage. Again, he was lightheaded. But he didn’t stop. He needed to touch the bed with his hand to keep himself from teetering while he walked and regained his stature. Failing at that moment wasn’t acceptable.

Esmai was having better luck. Despite wanting terribly to know the cause of the commotion she clearly heard, she remained in the room. When she was reaching for the door, the girl that had crept up next to her scared her more than anything. She jumped at the sudden yelping voice beside her and distanced herself from the door in doing so. There she had it. As much as she wanted to be steeled and courageous as the survivors out there... She didn't have it in her. She looked between the little girl and the other women of the room. She didn't know what to make of the contrasts of their faces. But she changed her gaze back onto the girl and whispered a sincerely apologetic "Sorry," while tiptoeing back to the door and trying to listen again. There was screaming at a fair distance. From the pitch of the voice and the length of the bellowing, she had to assume that either Wilhelm or Liam were hurt. Someone big enough to shout for that long. But who was the one downed? She continued to listen with her lips pressed together firmly. Gunshots. Continuous yelling, clearly from pain. Agony, rather. It was in her head, but she thought she could already smell the blood.

The yelling silenced after a short time and it was relatively quiet. There was very huffed clamoring and steps that were hard to determine the source of. Esmai strained to hear what was happening at a distance. It wasn't clear but there was distress. Anything she could do to help? Likely not too much. But how terribly she wanted to try. She continued to stand her spot. Suddenly she heard the functions of the doorhandle clicking while it turned and she leaned away. The door swung open to reveal a familiar bush. Seeing Varyn was surprisingly relieving. But wasn't were the pools of blood on the floor behind him as well as splatters on the wall. Her eyebrows knit together as she glanced around what she could see. If not him, then who? The skinny boy? The German? .... Zach? She looked back up to Varyn though she knew he wasn't going to say a thing on the situation. The girl that was standing with her scurried back to make space between her and Varyn while Esmai remained put. She hoped that the little girl moving would keep her from looking out the door.

Varyn didn't say anything further. He closed the door again and left. Esmai assumed he was just taking a headcount of them. Which meant the threat was gone? He was totaling casualties? How many were there? The only answer she was getting was from the door. She resumed pressing her ear to it for further instruction.

It was an uncertain amount of time that passed before anything else happened and Esmai tensed during the wait. When the door opened again it was still Varyn. She stepped aside for him to enter with someone new in tow. Late teens or early twenties. Dirty blonde. And... Still taller than Esmai. Nope, Esmai was still the reigning champion for being the shorted woman of the crew- The child excluded. It wasn't time to care about heights or even her name. Nearly as soon as they were in, some jostling came from the hallway's direction. Varyn was the fastest to react and pulled a gun only to see no threat when the door opened. Just Wilhelm and Cain. Which ruled them both out as the victim in the hallway. And both of them as the one who had been releasing those bloodcurdling screams previously. The victim of those showed himself soon after.

Esmai listened intently to the short speech Varyn suddenly gave them. His voice was as she knew it. Cold, distant, and leaving no room for error. Not a moment of hesitation was in his words. Mercenaries and an army of zombies. Esmai understood the words and what was being said but she didn't understand why. Why they wanted to kill survivors. Varyn didn't allow any of them the time to mull over the entourage of zombies. Pack. She got it. She didn't hang back to listen or shake. She had to pack. She was told to pack. She had something to do. Pack! She stepped outside of the room to grab the two bags that Liam had previously dropped in panic.

Liam had shuffled himself back from the room steadily after being encouraged by the German man, not pausing to let himself break. If he stopped moving he feared he might not get going again. So he had to keep forcing himself forward. He left his arm behind him and patted Zach's shoulder to nudge him on so they would return to the group together. He felt that was the right thing to do. While they rounded the corner to the hall nearing the group's room, Liam murmured a quiet "Stay behind me," to Zach in a strained voice, looking him directly in the eye before continuing on.

Esmai cringed hard at the sight of the newly entered Liam as he shuffled into view with Zach in his shadow. She assumed the kid was scared. She couldn't see his abdomen if he actually remained behind Liam. They were both chalky pale. Liam was dampened by sweat and stained with blood. He was clearly the one who was injured, as anyone could see from his missing limb and shoulder wound. Esmai quietly repeated the message to him. "Liam, we're packing to leave. There are people outside and an army of zombies. All bad. Be ready to go immediately." Minimalist, but what was vital. That was something Liam understood. He tried grabbing for his bags but Esmai shook her head at him. She could see clearly that he wasn't in shape to lug around bags. Instead, she struggled to get the two onto her back. There was no way she was going to manage them both. They must have nearly been her weight when including her own original bags. She struggled back to the room with Liam following. She immediately turned to Jacqueline's side. The woman seemed to understand well why she was taking a bag off herself and picked it up as Esmai did.

Walking was still difficult when weighted down so, but two dufflebags on top of her personal bag was going to be worse. She was going to have to manage. Thinking back on her personal bag, she realized that she emptied a number of personal items at the safehouse. She thought she was going to retrieve them. Her heart sunk with another degree of fear and she reached up to her neck. She pinched a thin gold chain that hung there. She may have lost most of what she had personally but at least she had her last keepsake. Just a gold locket. A picture of her family and one of her deceased lover. She had the locket. It was fine. Priorities! she hissed at herself just as the newest girl spoke up. She wouldn't survive by worrying over such... mundane details! God she felt ridiculous. That aside, the weight of the situation was truly choking. She had her bags on her. She could run with them. Not nearly as fast as normal but if need by she could. Liam was heaving labored breaths and wavering where he stood but he could go. He could try. Trying was better than nothing at all.

Liam watched Wilhelm for direction and Esmai looked for Dylan for instruction. He was the leader. He was... gone. Her eyes dropped then returned to Varyn. Dylan was the victim. He was the kill. Terrible. Painful. But they couldn't stop to mourn. She watched Varyn with equal parts focus and fear.

oooooooc: long overdue post. took a while to catch up so im very sorry! if i mixed up or straight up messed up information regarding my post than i am more than happy to fix it up!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:23 pm
    Wilhelm Steinherz

"Verrücktes Wunderkind"

User Image
    ☢Just Another Day Here:☢ The Hospital
    ☠Other Survivors I’m With:☠ Cain, Nitori, Varyn, Esmai, Liam, Ema, Loretta, Xenia, Zach, Jacqueline, New Girl
    ☠And I'm:☠ Moving Out
    ☠What’s On My Mind:☠ We need to run now.
    ☠OOC:☠ ((I apologize if these come out shitty.))

Wilhelm looked down at Nitori sympathetically as she came running over to him, frantically fussing over Cain. He noticed how she seemed to be scared of Varyn, but ignored that to tend to her concerns first. "Don't worry, mein Lieblingskind." he said to her softly with a smile, "He only had a little accident, he will be okay." The smile was meant to reassure her as he lay Cain's body on the ground. She began to blubber and ask questions about the monster and Cain and him lying to her about everyone protecting each other. He let a sad frown escape onto his face for a moment He put a hand lovingly on her head and told her, "The monster is dead, but your friend here- Cain- killed it." She was crying into his coat and he tried to console her. "Sshh, come now mein Lieblingskind. Everything's going to be okay. We won't leave your friend. I will carry him if I have to." That's about the time Varyn told him to go get the others. He didn't think twice about taking the orders he was given. He moved away as Nitori reluctantly let him go, giving her an apologetic look before leaving to find the others.

Zachary was working hard to learn what Stanni had told him were tools that they needed, and he watched Liam nervously. The big boy said his name! "Liam! You're okay!" He didn't really understand that the big boy wasn't alright because he seemed to be still moving and speaking. This came as a great relief to the naïve little zomboy. The surgeon was trying to start his work when the weird speaking guy came back and told them they needed to go. The surgeon stopped and tried to protest, but Liam cut that short.

Once Wilhelm had found them and stated his point, he was surprised at how quickly the injured man stood up. He blinked in surprise, wondering if the guy had the pain tolerance and stubborn will of a rhinoceros in him. He watched the over-sized boy stand up and stand to a height above him. The German didn't mind being shorter than someone, but this specific someone looked like they may need help walking and could fall at any minute. "Kommt hier." Wilhelm said, moving towards the injured blonde man and holding out an arm for support. Once they had gotten situated well enough to move stably, they moved down the hallway with Zachary following in tow. Once they reached the room, he realized everyone was finishing packing up and getting ready to leave. That's when he realized that they had a new member in the group- one with bright blue eyes and a shaded dirty blonde head of hair. He had never seen them before, so he figured that they were new to the group, just like the doctor-like man who just joined. He found the surgeon's serious demeanor to be complemented by his red hair and grey eyes. It was rather interesting but now everyone was getting quieter. His eyes flicked to the new person as she gave out a warning. He had heard voices too, but they also seemed to be rushing quickly up the stairs. The echoes of their footsteps rang clearly through the halls and he let out a disguised curse. "Sheisse." His eyes narrowed and he slung a duffel bag over his shoulders before readying his Seiga-12 shotgun. He wasn't about to go down without a fight, and he mos certainly was not going to let them be trapped on this floor. That staircase was their only way down. "Entschultigung... aber... that one staircase is the only way down." He let the piece of bad new settle in the survivors' ears for a moment.

Zach did as Liam asked him to, hiding behind the big boy and peeking out nervously. He noticed that the big Liam was breathing really hard and sweating. He looked like he as going to be sick. "Liam... a-are y-you sick?" he asked, frightened into thinking that his friend was going to turn into a zombie.

Hope the kind

Xelyn_X13

Qunarri

Yoshielite
    Vice Captain

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
    • Autobiographer 200
    • Hygienic 200
    • Person of Interest 200
    PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:02 pm
    User Image
    xxxxxxxηina

ɢvernaxxxxxxx

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Nina focused her ears on the sound of the footsteps. She could be confident to say the least that their group outnumbered the enemy's numbers. At this point, this may work for them but considering that two were children and injured who knows how this encounter might go for them. As far as she knew the ones who were ready to fight were the stranger she ran into and the man readying his gun. Other than those two the total number of participants in this fight looked like three. Two were long-range fighters and she was more mid-range so it was possible to get out of this fight alive, injured but alive.
    "We have the element of surprise and I say we use it. I'm going to assume you two can shoot in the dark, right? If I were to shut the power down from the rooftop would you be able to handle our enemies?" The idea of not being able to handle her own enemies was frustrating considering she believed that her own power would be able to push her through to the end of this zombie apocalypse. Right now though she needed to suck that pride and stick to something that guaranteed her survival.

Nina's weapon in hand shifted towards the door. The plan she thought of was that without light the zombies would be unable to distinctly track and attack the survivors here. As there were also humans who were trying to kill them it was a safe presumption that they were already here in the hospital. Thus, she hoped, that taking the lights will disorient everyone but the survivors. That way it will give them a favorable advantage. Having two gunners at her side meant that her plan could possibly go off without a hitch. Again, it was only an if considering she had no idea how experienced of a gunner these two were. Not only that but she was clueless to what type of zombie they were up against. As far as she knew by the time she tried to reach the stairs she might face an enemy she couldn't handle and die. That was the worse scenario she could think up. Any scenario that included her death was immediately the worse scenario.
    "Or do you have something else in plan?"

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:03 am
    Known Mutated Zombie Population: 4

User Image

NPC Event

After Wilhelm left, Varyn looked down at Nitori and Cain while she tried to explain things to him. Fuzzy, bushy guy... the words lingered in his mind for a moment before he smiled. He knew no one could see the foreign emotion on his face. It soon faded as everyone hopped to and began to pick up packed bags and pack medicine away. It seemed that the kid on the ground was going to be slow and troublesome, but he was at least determined to get up and live. He was glad that he didn't have to leave a person behind. Nina had already offered to help out the group- that was a good sign. Since she was the newest member and he wasn't really sure what kind of person she was, it gave him a little bit of reassurance that she was at least willing to help the group out- for now. He still didn't really trust anyone but Esmai and Wilhelm. Even then, he was cautious of Wilhelm. He had heard some crazy stories about the guy from his mentor. He wasn't sure if all of them were true, and even though he believed his mentor wouldn't lie to him, he did not believe some of the stories he was told. Some of them didn't even seem at all possible for any person to do. He got to work packing when he heard a large number of footsteps echoing from the corridor. It sounded like a group- that meant they were out of time. Where the hell were-?

The group had returned. He looked over to see Liam's stump of an arm and frowned behind his mask. That was an unfortunate way to go. He knew that if the kid didn't get serious medical attention and rest, the chances that Liam would survive this ordeal were slim to none. Hell, it was honestly a miracle that he was still on his feet and moving about. The new guy who had aimed the Kalashnikov at him in the hallway earlier seemed to have moved on from the incident and was muttering angry things about the hospital and his work being interrupted. He let the man be. All he needed was to make sure that everyone got out alive. That was going to be impossible if they didn't clear their way out. He heard Nina say "They're here." and wondered if she was referring to the footsteps in the hallway. He wasn't surprised that some had already managed to find their way over here. After all, they had a walking target on their back that he hadn't been addressing because only one other person had seemed to notice that the little boy was a damn zombie. He quickly swiveled to Liam and looked for the boy. He saw a small tuft of blonde hair poking out from behind the big guy's legs, occasionally peeping out to look at the group before hiding again. This wasn't good. There had to be a way to get rid of the zomboy and not cause alarm or grievances to the people around him. He would figure it out later... for now he had to focus on the more present danger. There were an untold number of zombies headed their way and- was that a human voice? It sounded so familiar, but he couldn't quite place it.

Everyone was moving about very quickly, given that he couldn't really say how many of them had ever been in situations like this before. He watched Esmai suddenly fret over something he couldn't understand and then continue to pack, which made him rather curious as to what could have distracted her in the middle of a life-or-death scenario. Knowing her, it was probably something sentimental. He mentally shrugged and continued to watch the others pack. Among the twelve of them, they had a total of 10 duffel bags- which meant two of the adults were carrying two each since they had two children and two nearly incapacitated. He didn't like those odds considering that they were going to have to do a lot of running. He knew that at least two were solely dedicated to water bottles, one was full of medication, three had food, two had weapons and ammunition, and two more were a mix of the whole lot. They didn't have time to note who would take which since they were already going to be stalled by this group heading in. They would just have to grab bags and go. It was alright, he was sure that there was a service ladderwell on the west side of the building past the broken elevator. It seemed Wilhelm had more bad news.

"Entschultigung... aber... that one staircase is the only way down."
    Varyn swiftly wheeled about to face the German. "There's a service ladderwell on the wes-" Wilhelm cut him off.
    "Nein! There was an incident with a Brawler and some other survivors that caused its... separation from the building." The man only paused momentarily to search for the correct English term for what he was trying to say.
    "It's gone?" He asked, trying to make sure he understood correctly.
    "Ja, clar."

Then Nina voiced her plan to shut off the power and he spun around to face her. There were so many unknowns: how many zombies there were, what kind they were, and how close they were. If she tried to make a run for upstairs alone, he couldn't guarantee her safety. He wasn't sure how many would branch off from the group and follow her or if she'd even make it to the stairwell before the incoming group made it to their floor. Wilhelm simply put an end to it with a quick concerned quip. "Es total Verrückt!" He wasn't sure what that meant, but the hand motion seemed like he was against it. Besides, he was against the idea. If the group had Zannibals or Gorgers- or if another Gnasher made its way in- they would be sitting ducks. He put up his hands between both of them to make sure they didn't start fighting, especially since Wilhelm looked like he was about to open his mouth again.

At that moment he decided- well, was forced to decide- that his plan had been scrapped. He quickly said, "Drop your bags and get ready for a fight!" He threw his bag down into the middle of the room and readied his submachine gun in his hands. "Make a pile and we'll grab them after." He didn't give a damn if anyone had a problem with what he was saying now, but he was going to try and get them all out of there alive- injured or fit to fight. He didn't want to see any more casualties. He moved his way outside and made his way to the kiosk, not seeing anyone yet. He vaulted over the counter and took up a position as Xenia and Jacqueline came to help him with their M4 and blade. He simply stated, "Cover me."and got ready to set up his heavy-caliber sniper rifle. As he set it up, he adjusted it to aim down the hallway and removed the cartridge from its underbelly. He checked it: the magazine was filled with heavy rounds. He nodded in approval and shoved it back in its place, pulling back the loading pin to send one round into the chamber. He aimed down his sights and waited, finger hovering over the trigger. He heard the human voice again, thick with a southern drawl.

"Oh hell." He had been in a real back scrape with that guy the last time they were around the lake... but he thought the guy was just a rogue killer, not part of the mercenary group. Things were probably worse than he thought.

[[OOC: Okay so I couldn't finish posting them all last night, but I will be working on them all today. I'll post them up as quickly as possible. I still have about 3-4 posts after this, depending. Probably 3. I'm not sure. Please wait until the last updating post before posting again since I need to set up the situation. Thank you! ^^]]

Hope the kind

Qunarri

Xeyln_X13

Yoshielite
    Vice Captain

Yoshielite
    Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:10 am
    Weather: Partially Cloudy With A Slight Wind
    Known Mutated Zombie Population: 4
    Danger Level: Very High

User Image

Title Event

Brady was feeling all the effects of his initial excitement: his muscles were tensed in anticipation, his eyes were focused and ready, and the blood in his veins coursed strong. He could feel the adrenaline coursing in his veins as he prepared to fight. If the bush guy was there, he'd have a fun fight. He was so looking forward to it. He edged his way to the front of the group and rushed up the stairs, "Let's go, hurry up! I wanna spill some goddamn blood, ya hear?" The Hoarders quickly pulled up behind him and commanded that the other zombies do the same. The Brawler was bringing up the rear, huffing in agitation. It wanted to beat the living into a bloody pulp, not obey them. It knew not to touch this one though... it wouldn't be able to hit anything ever again if it did. It huffed again, moving into position behind them, closing the gap. It wasn't long before the human burst through the stairwell and saw a long barrel pointed down at him. "Tarnation!" Came the quick yell as he dove for cover. He landed in a room on the side as he heard a hail of bullets and a loud report come down the hallway. There was a definite sound of splattered gore and blood, and he looked behind him to see a Hoarder- or what was left of it- drop to the ground along with another zombie. He quickly looked out of the room to see a woman with a gun and the bush-man with a large rifle. He took out his revolver and shot a few rounds as he ran forward, causing the survivors on the other side to duck for cover. He made it two more rooms up, nearly slipping on some blood that was there. By that time, the other Hoarder was waiting around the corner and let the hoard of zombies rush forward into the hallway. There was no way that the three survivors would be able to deal with all of them on their own, and Varyn knew it. So did Brady. He waited to hear the tell-tale distraction, figuring that the guy with the rifle was trained on the opening to his room.

A terrifyingly loud roar resounded through the corridor as the Brawler made its entrance. The Hoarder made the group of zombies split up, most moving past the two woman in the hallway to get to the other survivors and some staying to try and overwhelm the gun- and sword-wielding duo. Brady used this chance to rush the mysterious survivor with a taunting threat: "Well it looks like I caught me a yella-bellied bush, now don't it? Ya best drop yer rifle 'less you wanna get those hand a yers chopped off!" He rushed at the man, pulling out two tomahawks as weapons.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Varyn did not like this situation one bit- and now he knew which guy it was for certain. It had to be the strong, crazy one. He wanted to kill him as quickly as possible, but pulled the trigger too late. The man dove out of the way of his bullet, but it found its mark in a Hoarder, blowing half of its torso clean off. It was missing parts of its spine and practically the entire right side of its body, falling limp to the ground. Xenia had shot multiple bullets at the targets, missing the man and the Hoarder but landing hits on a zombie and putting it down for the count. As soon as their initial firefight had ended, the man at the head of the zombies started shooting over at them, causing Varyn to duck, Jacqueline to move and Xenia to take cover behind the wall. When the bullets stopped, Varyn peeked over the edge and brought his rifle to bear on the doorway that the man had practically slid into. It was the room where he had dragged Dylan's body. He moved the rifle over to the doorway and then saw a rush of infected flood from the hallway. He paused for a second, unsure of whether he should let them handle it or fire until he heard the loud, all-too-familiar noise of a Brawler. He brought the rifle to bear and fired, taking out a couple of infected and blowing off one of the Brawler's arms. It howled in pain and picked up its pace, smashing some of the infected into walls to clear a path to its target.

That's when Brady jumped out at Varyn. He was stuck between letting a Brawler charge him and losing his arms. If he let go now, he still had a chance of killing them both. If he didn't, he could kill the Brawler and then give a bitter farewell to his ability to fight ever again. Thinking of the long-term consequences, the bush-man let go of his rifle and brought his machete to bear in time to block the crazed marauder's first swing. He parried the hatchet and kicked the burly man back, glancing at the Brawler that barreled into the check-in terminal before moving out of the way with haste. Splinters flew through the air- along with his rifle. He didn't have time to worry about that; there were two hulking beasts looking to take his head. The Brawler yelled out and swung a backhand blow at him only to get a hatchet dug into its arm. It roared again and backed off. It... backed off? His head turned to see the southern man glaring at it for a moment before it turned around and began to charge Jacqueline. He tried to reach for his gun but was met with his burly opponent. They stayed at each others' throats, fighting and slashing at each other with their hand-held weapons: his tomahawk and Varyn's machete. Unfortunately for the mysterious survivor, his opponent was much stronger than him. So even though he was faster and had a better weapon, he had to keep blocking and avoiding blows in close quarters, keeping him from really performing any good counter-attacks. He was definitely in trouble in this situation.

Xenia focused on killing the zombies that were around Jacqueline and herself, making sure that she had more room to deal with the Brawler. Jacqueline had only gotten her sword through one zombie before she found herself nearly trampled by a huge monstrosity of a zombie. She quickly sidestepped the beast and slashed out at it, receiving a huff of annoyance for her troubles.

[[OOC: Okay, I'm definitely going to have to make 2 more posts before this can be settled better.]]

Qunarri

Hope the kind

Xelyn_X13

Wyrda Stenr

TheJokesOnTheBat

[26] Survival

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items