User ImageLúhuì'Huā:
She was well in to her training and now a certified Witch Doctor and plague dr in training. Lulu had almost finally found a way to cure her mother. Or so it seemed. Already one of the youngest and only ones with the title, she found her job more like a consultant for now until her plague dr teacher certified her again in to his rank.

Time passed and indulged in her work where she HAD to speak made her close up even more on her free time. Twittling pass her as she found herself in her teacher's den without him. He'd taken the day off and was posed to helping those in need until the rush ended and she was alone to her own devices. Mainly finding a cure..

User ImageDjinni:
"Lulu?" Djinni had, frankly, been looking everywhere for her. He hadn't seen her for days and while that wasn't uncommon... He'd missed her. As her training had increased, so had his and he spent so much time playing the role he'd put himself into. Granted, he liked it. He liked seeing how happy he made others, the way they laughed at his jokes and antics, how he made the ladies smile with his stories and his little songs. It made him happy.

But being with Lulu, just spending time with her also made him happy. She was so quiet all the time, every word he managed to coax from her seemed like a treasure. He liked hearing about her work, her ideas, her dreams. And not getting to see her very often left an ache that he couldn't really explain. It didn't help that over time he'd grown distant from his brother, his twin. Somehow that rift didn't seem as bad when he had Lulu to talk to. Not getting to see her seemed much worse.
So he'd sought her out. And it had taken time, but eventually he'd found her. And a plus, her mentor wasn't here with her. His eyes crinkled slightly at the corners as he gave her one of his almost sheepish smiles.

Lúhuì'Huā:
A cure... Obbessed with that notion, she hadn't heard someone come in. After the rush, usually or rarely did anyone ever come by. They were too busy to always come in after all, and so the sounds of mixing liquids, crushing leaves and bowls clashing radiated from the cave/den. The ubrupt sound of her name caused her to swivel her ears and look up.. A sight she hadn't expected, and from her demenour, it wouldn'[t show how pleased she was but inwardly it was a relief. "Djinni..." A smile creeped on the dges of her maw, causing her for a momento to not pay attention and caused a few bowls to smash together.
Damnit." Quickly recoiling back in to her work and rustling things to get them back in order.. She'd hate to make a mess..

"..Are you hurt..?" Even the thought wasn't good for her but usually others came here for healing or poisons and he'd never use the later. Or so she thought.

Djinni:
His ears immediately drooped from his happy expression when her bowls knocked against one another and things scattered.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to distract you... Okay, so maybe I did, but not that badly," Djinni apologized as he moved closer. He wanted to give her a nuzzle, but he wanting and doing were two different things. He didn't think he should, Lulu being as standoffish as she was. Not so much anymore, at least not that he could tell when she was with him, but it didn't feel like he'd earned that privilege yet.

"No, I'm not hurt. I just haven't seen you in a while. Not avoiding me, were you?" One brow quirked slightly with the question as he settled down within touching distance of his friend.

Lúhuì'Huā:
The cheetah tried to seem 'happy' but only a rusty smile here and there. Circling a digit around the bowl. She nodded in response of him being ok, then giving him a look when he joked about it being on purpose.. Either way, it was good to have him visit. "No. Training is all. You?" Fixing the bowls to where they were and then sliding a bowl, in a crevous that seemed oddly placed. Once organized for the most part she went back to him and sat down in front of him. "Ah... Did you need anything ..something?" Softly flicking her tail. "Food?" Which was an inivitation since she'd been inside helping others all day,, Her stomach grumbled a little and she looked down questionably in response..

Djinni:
He needed to spend time with his friend, that's all. But he couldn't tell her that, either. It was needed and stupid and he didn't think she'd appreciate that any more than a nuzzle. So Djinni just shrugged instead.
"You know me, running about, making everyone happy," he said with a bit of a smile. His head tilted slightly when she asked if he needed anything.

"Just to talk to you, I suppose. I wasn't really looking for anyth-" His words cut off when her stomach rumbled, just enough for him to hear. It made his smile grow.
"Well, apparently one of us is hungry. Work too much?"

Lúhuì'Huā:
The girl was hardly in a notion to reject his words."The ohers are better for talk.." Referring to the ones he sees on a regular basis. Those that sought him out for his company. She's heard what some of them do, She just didn't want to admit that Djinni would do as such but if it was his job, this was the pride he was born in. He wouldn't know what it felt like from those outside. Whom pick only one... But of course, she looked sadly to him because of this.

The fact that he wouldn't ever mate..To her knowledge it was rare. Things she didn't understand, didn't care to understand but was found hearing about it some way or another. Especially those hurt, fighters. Whimpering or seeking entertainment while they should be sleeping. Things she saw. Things she never spoke of. Her ears went up, her eyes did as well but not her head. "Yes." Softly escaping a chuckle before straightening her back and slowly making her way out of the den. "Have you ever seen the outside before.." Most others in the pride hadn't. Leaving the outskirts of where they hunted even was rare. Only select few would go.. and those that rebelled and left died soon after. She's heard rumors as a medic afterall. She wondered.. If Dijinni ever saw it.. She remembered what the forest was like.. How her mother used to be, how happy they were before coming here..

Djinni:
"You'd think that..." Djinni's words came out without much thought. It all just seemed... inconsequential to him sometimes. He liked making others happy, but as he got older he noticed how superficial his position was. Sometimes he would sit and listen, act as an ear. Sometimes you really did just need someone to talk to. Other times he was the focus, telling stories, singing songs, little dances. It was fun, sometimes. It was a part of who he was, but there were times when he didn't want to be who he was. Some days he didn't seem to have the energy for it, didn't have a head full of silly stories or cute little songs. Days when he couldn't seem to find his words as easily as he should be able to.

Besides, he'd finally come to an understanding that Lulu had touched on a long time ago. The world was false. Granted, she had been wrong. He wasn't the liar or faker, he never put on a show unless he felt it. But the others... They weren't always honest with him. He liked... no, he loved Lulu for her honesty, for her shy, quiet ways, even for the way she saw the world. She was grounded and it was glorious.
He stood and followed her, his brows rising when she asked if he'd ever been outside.

"No... I haven't." He paused, giving her an expectant smile as he walked at her side. "Is that where you're taking me?"
He didn't ask if she'd ever seen it. He'd learned bits and pieces about her family as he'd grown, whispers here and there, but regardless of that, she probably went out to get plants for her work. Right?

Lúhuì'Huā:
Chi Slowly she grabbed her bag from the edge of the cave, then looped a basket on her tail. Talking.. she'd been reclusive with her parents and siblings and only spoke when at work, so to hear her speak to him so freely, and naturally. Anyone would be so lucky.. but she wasn't good at speech, another reason why she was awkward about it. She loved to feel and touch things, earth and plants... Turning around to him and softly smiling, genuine..

"Here." Holding out the basket on her tail for him. Then slowly she made her way down the crater's walls.. The paths that went by in front of everyone. SHe'd had gotten used to it, but made herself blend with her surroundings by staying as quiet as a mouse, passing dens- but the medic cave had been very close to the ground floor. Then passing others training and such til they came to the huge opening of the pride. Guards were there, per usual. The forest ring beyond this point, beyond the hunting ground was filled with members just waiting to attack if a rebel was found. A traitor..

"Herblore." Her voice was meek.
"They said you don't have to go anymore. Others will be willing to go for you." The guard said in response.
"I have to pick serious ones. Do not worry." She turned to Djinni... "I have someone."
"They-"
"I remember what you said about-...." She said in response, lowly.
"Right. You may pass!"

And thus she went pass the guards.. Being a medic and hearing everyones cries.. everyones secrets had its advtanages. Although, entertainers may have had it a lot easier, and when confronted with things such as this.. was when she'd only use that information. She gotten used to the blackmailing, but she hated to do so. "Coming?" She offered Djinni that sincereity....

Djinni:
Like any gentleman, Djinni took the basket without hesitation, happy that she wanted him to assist her. Was it silly that he was eager to help? Maybe just a little, but if they went out to hunt and to gather plants for her work, that would be really interesting. Work was something they didn't talk much about, at least not his. He tried to get as much out of her as he could and he was curious what it was like to work with plants, to turn them into helpful medicine, to treat the sick and wounded. He didn't think she'd be very interested in what he did.

He stopped when they came to the guards, keeping himself at Lulu's side. He didn't need to puff up when she insinuated that he would.... protect her? He certainly would. His brother was the fighter, not him, but that didn't mean he was useless. Dealing with Jafar growing up, he'd learned to protect himself... More or less.

"Of course," he said and walked past the guards to her side. Once they were out of earshot, he tilted his head slightly.
"Why didn't they want you to leave?" Djinni asked, moving so close that his voice could be but a whisper, his shoulder brushing lightly against hers as they walked.

Lúhuì'Huā:
She gave the male a look, then keep a strict eye contact on him before she could no longer see him without her head turning. Then straightened her head with a strong straight posture... For those eyes that wondered to them. "Never alone...." Voice quietly whispering like his. Referring to all those around them, ninja'd in to the forest ring. "We have very little medics.. so if I die- they would have lost another set of paws." She understood that. Emi, assured her how important this rank was.. and immunity to severe punishments if nessessary to keep her. "And jealous. Guards don't see the outside."

Feeling his shoudler, she kept almost the same closeness, but it was more natural than it was intentional. "Dont show weakness neither or worry. They sense it.."

Djinni:
Djinni listened to her explain in silence, but he lost his smile for a rare frown, his ears flicking back. He didn't like the thought of something happening to her, much less dying. He was probably halfway towards useless when it came to protecting her out here in this world he'd never seen, but... When push came to shove, he'd do anything and everything to keep her safe.

But the frown only remained for a heartbeat, maybe two. It wasn't in his nature, he didn't like being unhappy or thinking about such horrible, dire things. He'd rather think lighter thoughts and he quickly latched onto one as if he were drowning.
"So I'm getting to see something not even the guards get to see. You're spoiling me," he whispered, his smile returning. He held it, even though he didn't quite feel it. "You're the only one I'd ever let see a weakness or anything like that. I've learned, too many would exploit it. I'll tell you a secret... I think even my twin would."

Lúhuì'Huā:
"Spoiling? Pfft." Looking at him with a cocky sorta look. Expressions were rare to be seen on her face. Likewise, he brought it out of her. Once they got out of the forest, another guard encountered them. "Hey." "I am out for a cure for the Bosses." She'd learn to be very cut throat when dealing with guards, but it was out of survival. He too stepped aside. She knew what to say.. and out in to the vast clearing.. "Shu... not yet." Going down in to a tavern, where many would not know of this, she did. She had to find remedies that were far from the pride but this trip wasn't for that.. Silence followed them, and she made sure that he would do the same as they weaved through the taverns and underground tunnels. Passing by guards at random times.

This she knew. Was why she was careful and finally up out of the dirt and far out.. they arrived at a neighboring forest. Small.. But it was lush. Many would not stay there but just in case.. she waited beyond even that towards another clearing. Not too far now from another forest... Here they could talk. "That is spoiling me." She referred to the conversation they had earlier when it wasnt safe to speak.

Now it was. "Secrets..." Eyes slitting, they could be such devious things if left in the wrong hands. Djinni was the only one she'd let know about things. Everyone else was just another stranger. "I wouldn't." Her ears went down as she looked at him, genuine and softly.. but her down/dark demenour would say otherwise, she wouldn't hurt him. She only used threats for thoughs that threatened her. Even then she probably wouldnt say it.

Djinni:
Djinni remained quiet while she did, letting her address the guards they passed. She was the one who had permission to leave the underground, certainly not him. In fact, if they knew what he was, he probably wouldn't have been allowed. But he didn't recognize any of them and neither did it seem they recognized him.
His eyes widened when they left the tunnels, walked among the trees. A breeze waved his ruff back and forth, prompting him to close his eyes and just take it in.

"No, you wouldn't." His eyes opened so that he could give her another smile. Maybe it was foolish, so many would probably laugh at him and think him still a cub, but he trusted her. He just didn't completely trust himself just yet. Contemplative now, he sat and pawed at a stone, setting her basket down beside her. "It's a bad secret, it's probably not even one. Everyone can see Jafar and I don't get along... Well, I try."

He pawed the stone, popping it up onto his paw-pad so that he could start bouncing it. That was stupid, he was the one that started this conversation and yet he didn't want to talk about his brother. He wanted to talk about her. He let the stone fall, looking back up, his ears perked forward.
"Are we going to look for some plants while we're out here, or go hunting?" His mother had been a rogue before coming to the pride and per her ways had taught all of her children the basics of hunting. He'd just never been on a real hunt before.

Lúhuì'Huā:
"I would." If she could.. But she couldn't. She'd have nothing to give him. Sure she was paid for her services but all she had, she just gave away to her family. She didn't have use for the stuff others would give her to heal them. "Bad secret?" Circling around and setting herself up on a rock. Tapping the end of her tail to the rock as she let the breeze pass her by. It felt nice to be 'free' even if they still had a leash around them in the ense of the pride. "No. I just wanted out of there." Looking away. "I haven't been hunting before. But.. I know berries we can eat." Looking to him. "But..um.. Ibet your not used to that..." Lowering her head and kinda feeling awkward because she slipped up.. "Not that um.. I eat grass or anythiung..." Oh gawd she sounded like a prey animal!

A blush started to rise from her cheeks and got all fustrated with herself. "Sorry."

Djinni:
"No you wouldn't, exploit me, I mean. I just.... don't think you would." That was how much faith he had in her. He didn't want to talk about his dumb secrets. They were crumby ones and ones that made him ache just a little, so he didn't want to think of them anymore.
"It's nice out here, I can see why you'd want to come out as often as possible. Maybe we could do this more often?"

She'd never been hunting, well neither had he, but he was willing to try. Let him make a fool of himself, at least maybe it would make her laugh. Djinni's maw broke into a small grin when she rambled and blushed. Now that was something! She never did that! Pride welled up in him over the fact that her words were reserved for him. Or, at least that's what he felt like.
"I'm always ready to try. My mom taught me about hunting, want me to try? I know you're hungry. You just have to promise to laugh if I fall flat on my face, okay? If I absolutely fail, you have to laugh otherwise I'll have completely failed. If you laugh, I'll have accomplished something at least." He couldn't help but grin with his half-hearted demands, taking out whatever seriousness might have been in his words.

Lúhuì'Huā:
When he wasn't laughing at her, she had been slightly confused and looked up. From secrets to offering to hunt. He was an odd one, and she smiled at him for it. Even just hinting at a laugh but it was short lived. VERY short lived. Ears swiveled up. "We can. When your not working." Giving him a nod. But when it came to her laughing, she had never done that before? Laughing.. what was that? Tilting her head. "I'll... try?"

Although she thought berries would be yummy too. "Don't stray far.." Warning him.. "I don't know..where do we start?" Lowering her head.. and raising her body up so she was prepared for whatever she had to do.

Djinni:
He walked over and set his paws on the rock, then his head on his paws as he smiled up at her.
"And when you're not working, too. Your work's more important than mine is." That said, he slid back off and sat back, his tail flicking back and forth as he dredged up all his mom had taught him. He needed to smell, try to find some prey. Shouldn't be too hard, just find something that smells like food.
But he didn't want to leave her alone. No, he shouldn't leave her alone. He was supposed to be protecting her, after all.

"All I really need you to do is stick with me and be really quiet. I'll probably have more trouble with that than you, but I'll do my best."