Welcome to Gaia! ::

Warrior cats~!

Back to Guilds

Tags: Cats, Warriors, Erin Hunter, Role-playing, Clans 

Reply Warrior cats
Let's liven up this Guild! (Opinion forum)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about this?
  I want this to happen! There's way too many inactive people!
  I REALLY don't like it, and it's fine the way it is.
  I just don't care. ((Me: Then why did you come to this topic?!? D:<)
View Results

MeoBunny
Vice Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:45 pm
I would like to hear your attitude concerning this topic.

If you like this idea, go ahead and tell me!
If you don't approve of it, tell me!
If you don't care, tell me!

I really want to know what you think about this and/or what we should do about it.

-Also, If you have a great idea of how to do this reboot, then you can message or Pm me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:23 am
As someone who just joined recently, I can say that yeah, we do need something done. Even with only a couple people online, things fizzle out really quick if we only have a few other cats to interact with. I saw this happen in a previous guild and that one...that one's been sitting silent for years now. For all the work people put into guilds, I don't want that to happen to you!

My only ideas on the subject so far are maybe putting all those cats that have been inacitve into some sort of adoption thread that clearly states if a person wants to bring that cat back into the story, they may have to turn it over to the old owner later, and should stick to how that cat was originally described in their acceptance info.

Insofar as getting big roles like leaders and medicine cats to be switched out...maybe Starclan wants to test them all by sending them off on a long journey, and seeing what the clans will do meanwhile with temporary leaders? Nobody said there couldn't be two prophecies at once.

Otherwise, and here's where I feel a bit silly, but for those of us brave enough (and therefore not me... sweatdrop ), we may need to be more active in the regular book forum and whatnot with warriors news in general, to try and bring more people in. The box set for Omen of the Stars just released, the formerly e-book exclusive short stories got a paperback release over the summer, there's a new version of Cats of the Clans called the Ultimate Guide or something coming out... There's plenty of potential topics to throw to the wolves.

If you'd like to discuss any of these in depth, hopefully there'll be enough users showing up that you'll want to PM me instead of having a chat here with only us.  

Serafiella

Acidic Fox

52,025 Points
  • I'm A Potato 500
  • Tainted Angel 500
  • Double Orobouros 500

MeoBunny
Vice Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:00 pm
Ella-Maie

All of what you said made sense. It seems not very long ago that we just had a fresh start, save the cats that were kept.

I love the Adoption Thread idea! That seems like a lot less work. As far as getting the cats back though, I think they should get them back, but they have to tell us why they were inactive (if they didn't), and even if they want their cat back. A few years ago, I, myself had had some major issues getting on, and, in turn, my cats became adoptable. Looking at them now, I wouldn't want to come back and be forced to play (a) character(s), that I don't want to play anymore, when it feels so different and so strange. On another side note, if you don't think you can play the character as often you need to, or, you just don't feel like playing the character anymore, you could give it up for adoption, before I start growling to be more active. But, in order to give it up for adoption, you have to give a reason other than, 'It just got boring, so I don't want to, anymore', and similar examples.

That idea could work, but we both should know that another cat can't get their nine lives unless the old leader is dead. (Although it makes no sense, since the leaders might resign and become a elder, so I never understood that rule. whee ) Besides that, the plan would work smoothly. Except, what if the person who was supposed to be playing the leaders, doesn't come back on, or was banned? Would someone else just adopt the cat? Then, in the first place, could we just give the cats away before they had to go on the journey?

In the book forum part, I am not caught up myself, so I couldn't do that. If someone else would do that for me, I would 100% back them up.
I wish more people would have posted on this, but that's why I' making this, so that to people who are not doing anything, I'm fine if you can't, but that really needs to be known.

Also, a lot of people are scared to Role Play because they think they're not good at it. My answer has always been, 'then, show me', and honestly, a lot of people are not half bad. Sure, they may not know precisely what they are doing, but just ask, and I'd be willing to help anyone out. If you feel too worried about screwing up while RPing, then you could just Pm me and show me what you've got and I would tell you what you need to know, tips, things I've learned, ect. Honestly, it comes down to this: Practice Makes Perfect. You'll never get better if you don't try, and no one will laugh at you if you mess up. I've messed up a lot myself, but I keep posting.

~Your Vice-Captain, MeoBunny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:08 pm
MeoBunny

See, this is what happens when I ramble on after just waking up...

What I was trying to get at with the journey is if leaders/etc were too important to put in limbo in adoption (what are the clans going to do then, wait around for them?), then only those cats would be sent off on a journey, so they existed in the story still without waiting to be adopted, yet the clans could still function in the meantime. The deputy could take over as a temp without nine lives, if deputies stayed. But that creates more problems...

Probably easier to just put them for adoption. xd

Edit:
The person adopting would only give the cat back if the owner wanted it. Forcing them on the old owner would be cruel if they didn't want it. Though that owner should at least get the word out the adoptee is now the full owner of that cat if they don't want it back!  

Serafiella

Acidic Fox

52,025 Points
  • I'm A Potato 500
  • Tainted Angel 500
  • Double Orobouros 500

MeoBunny
Vice Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:48 pm
Ella-Maie

Yes, that would make sense to send them away, but the old saying is still the same, 'what goes up, must come back down.' In this case, it means that the leaders would have to come back sometime, unless they all died. Then, obviously, who would tell the new leaders that they were officially the leaders of their clans. Also, if, of course, the person who isn't able to Role Play now, comes back in a few months, and they didn't know what happened, that would cause a lot of confusion and frustration. Also, some of the leaders aren't inactive, I have one myself... I almost forgot! Sunclan went on a journey! whee I swear I'm a idiot at times. How would that all work?

~ Your Vice-Captain, MeoBunny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:30 am
MeoBunny

On the journey side:

That's why I'm saying adoption might be easier than planning a whole sort of coup to throw the leaders to the side for who knows how long.
Though if everyone died at least the medicine cats have apprentices, mostly, right? *peeks carefully into profiles* Nope, not all, boo... There goes that plan.

Though if need be just one medicine cat apprentice could tell everyone that they died (therefore needing only one med. apprentice active), but again, that presents problems with the owners of those cats that left... This hurts my brain. Starclan could lie and pronounce them dead, but, well, that's a very odd situation. Might make us unique if they come back, to have new leaders have to step down but still have 9 lives. Might be too much to deal with, though. Could cause major battles if those people wanted to keep their roles, but then again, it'd be a chance for some owners who just wanted to give up to kill off their cats... (My brain is rambling on again, I'm sorry if this is confusing!)
"And in the lifetime of the stars, new stars must rise, for those stars have faded from the sky..."
(Not saying they are dead, you see, but simply out of the sight of the clans, and too far to lead them.)

Insofar as clan leaders/others being active, well, then you'd just modify the journey to not include that cat. Which, again, makes this whole journey idea a lot of convoluted work.

On the adoption side:

So, for each clan, the important roles...
Leader
Deputy
Medicine Cat
x number of clans - 7?
----------------------
21 roles to fill maximum unless those people come back/are already here

Could be good advertising to have leader/etc spots open, though, whether within the guild itself or proclaimed from the title for a while.

There are basically two sides to the issue, either we put all inactives up for adoption, so those clans just have to wait for those roles to be adopted if they're important - meaning if the medicine cat was still up for adoption, and had no apprentice, then...what would happen if someone got hurt? (Or lots of roleplay work for you/ the other higher ups as those cats temporarily) -
or we come up with some convoluted plan to bring in new blood, which'd have much the same problem, except people may be able to take on a role they really wanted with their cat instead of the old one, making it more tempting to try out. (You know, would you rather take over a leader that already exists and have to play them, or make your own you're more comfortable playing as)

Lord knows there's enough to sort out... I dunno if my thoughts are helping or making this harder.
Either we adopt all the cats out, or plan something so that those roles could just be stepped into by people's already active cats, basically.
Whichever you think would help the clans most.  

Serafiella

Acidic Fox

52,025 Points
  • I'm A Potato 500
  • Tainted Angel 500
  • Double Orobouros 500

MeoBunny
Vice Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 am
Ella-Maie

Yes, we've been taking over the leaders, ect. for a while now, and it really pains me to try to remember which cats I have. I just want to make an option for those who are new, instead of being forced to where there are very little roles available, and even less prophecy-wise.
Also, I love the sound of that prophecy! It sounds great and is just perfect for the scenario! We might also have to have a competition/audition to get the major roles, which us higher up people will pick.
As a rule, you can only have one, maybe two (if you really impressed us), important cat(s) if you are just a member or crew. The other vice-captains, our captain, and myself can have up to two, max three, if it is needed. That makes sure that if one person is inactive, even for a few days, it wont affect the roleplay much.
To audition for an important role, you will have to give us an example of your role playing abilities, and tell us how often you will be on. We will have a deadline for when you can audition. If you miss it, to bad, and that obviously means you weren't very active either. We'd have it for about two weeks, plenty of time for anyone active. We wont judge until the deadline is up, we wont judge by picking favorites (obviously. That's just bad behavior in general), and we will have to make sure the person is up to it, by asking them to do certain things, E.i. asking what a herb does (if auditioning for medicine cat). If they answer correctly, then they get that part. There isn't a time limit, but we would like it within a day of us responding to you. Again, if you get inactive and don't give a reason, we will either put the cat up for adoption, or just kill it off. It all depends upon, how important your cat is. If it's a prophecy cat, then we can't just kill it off, because it was chosen by Starclan.
I really do love the idea of a prophecy sending all the leaders away, it's so original! whee
~ Your Vice-Captain, MeoBunny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:22 pm
MeoBunny

Excuse me while I go hide in a corner for getting so much praise. sweatdrop

Two last thoughts from my mind's randomness on this:
If you wanted to keep things a bit more 'fair' for those leaders that had gone, and give the users time to return, nobody says Starclan couldn't give those new leaders less than nine lives. (And, when that leader died for the final time, they then give the next cat one more, so that within a few generations it's back up to 9, and it's as if nothing had ever happened) Or more simply just stick to the full 9 if that idea's nonsense.

For those clans that would need more important roles sent away, there could be a valuable reward that Starclan sent them to find... another ancient relic like Rock's stick from the Power of Three series, a special ancient clan with news to share that lived in a faraway land, maybe an abandoned warehouse full of incredibly powerful herbs that could protect the clans for generations to come if brought back. Then the group on the journey's gone much longer than expected, and so to keep peace in the clans, the prophecy was told to one or more of the medicine cats/apprentices left behind.

I figure I may as well say all I can now since I seem to have gotten you to like my ideas anyway. Less work on your end for my causing all this.  

Serafiella

Acidic Fox

52,025 Points
  • I'm A Potato 500
  • Tainted Angel 500
  • Double Orobouros 500

MeoBunny
Vice Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:59 pm
Ella-Maie

Hmmmmm, I understand your idea, but it may not work. Some blood-thirsty cat like Tigerstar could easily kill the first leader, and if he's not chosen, they'll just keep killing until they get what. I actually have a cat who will turn all the other clans against Thunderclan in a bit. He's just a apprentice, but he's one heck of a maniplulative monster. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:01 am
MeoBunny

All of this is just sharing ideas for the sake of sharing ideas. Since nobody else has shown up...
...where is everybody...?

Oh, what an evil little kitty you have.  

Serafiella

Acidic Fox

52,025 Points
  • I'm A Potato 500
  • Tainted Angel 500
  • Double Orobouros 500

MeoBunny
Vice Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:53 pm
Ella-Maie

Yea, I know. You've just witnessed the main reason that I want to restart the guild, roleplay-wise.

Whitepaw is, by far, the evilest cat I've ever roleplayed.
He found out the secret of Sunclan (they left the clans because they didn't feel safe, because of the dogs. They had tried to invade Thunderclan. Then, they abandoned their territory and are now gone. He's going to twist it around so that it sounded like Sunclan had asked for help and shelter from their closest bordering clan, and Thunderclan coldly turned them away.) and is going to publicly expose it at a gathering. How, you may ask, did he get this information? He flatters she-cats from other clans, and his own. Then he takes whatever information from them that he can get. He wasn't sure if he wanted to expose the cats who had told him this, or let them suffer alone in guilt.
He wasn't the sweetest cat as a kit either. One night, his mother was murdered in cold-blood (can't remember by what though). His father couldn't take care of him, so he left the kit to die. Luckily for the young Whitekit, he was saved by a Windclan patrol. The kit remembered what his father had tried to do, and he came back one night (he was still a kit, but was almost apprentice age), and killed him. He doesn't like cats, who, he feels betray him... (which is ironic)
~Your Vice-Captain, MeoBunny

Warrior cats

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff