Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply The Official Pokemon Guild
Which Starter Pokemon did you pick? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KaidenBlackheart

Fashionable Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:17 pm
Which Pokemon did you pick to start your adventure in Kalos, and why?

I picked Chespin because I figured I would be getting Charmander when the chance came so I didn't want Fennekin, and I don't really like Froakie all that much. So far he is pretty fun but I'm not really using him on account of him getting under leveled because of his weakness to the first gym.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:17 pm
I went with Fennekin and spent like a hour resetting till i got the female with the right nature I wanted. my second pokemon is Pikachu and I am working on getting a Panchan.  

Shinkugenzou

Omnipresent Phantom

13,890 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jack-pot 100

KaidenBlackheart

Fashionable Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:19 pm
The Crimson Storm
I went with Fennekin and spent like a hour resetting till i got the female with the right nature I wanted. my second pokemon is Pikachu and I am working on getting a Panchan.
My second was Pigey which was super nostalgic, I did spend an hour trying to find a pikachu with a decent nature, not only that but I got super lucky and the one with a decent nature was holding a light ball.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:22 pm
Speaking of super lucky while looking for the panda I came across a shiny Bunnelby, shame I will never use it.

KaidenBlackheart

Shinkugenzou

Omnipresent Phantom

13,890 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jack-pot 100

KaidenBlackheart

Fashionable Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:25 pm
The Crimson Storm
Speaking of super lucky while looking for the panda I came across a shiny Bunnelby, shame I will never use it.

KaidenBlackheart
You can always trade if for Farfetch'd lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:29 pm
Already caught one in the wild and besides it may not hold any use to me but at least its still worth something to shiny collectors I guess.

KaidenBlackheart

Shinkugenzou

Omnipresent Phantom

13,890 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Kitsichu

Loyal Shapeshifter

10,900 Points
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:30 pm
Oh, i hasnt got it yet, but i'm either getting fennekin then charmander or squirtle or Chespin and a charmander.... i dont know though, so im kinda glad i didnt get it right away, gives me time to thinks. Anyone have any advice?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:34 pm
HimeOsamaO
Oh, i hasnt got it yet, but i'm either getting fennekin then charmander or squirtle or Chespin and a charmander.... i dont know though, so im kinda glad i didnt get it right away, gives me time to thinks. Anyone have any advice?
Unless you are going to be doing a lot of trading, or getting both games I would suggest not getting your starter and the pokemon you get from the professor of the same type. Other than that just get the ones you like as long as they had decent natures it really doesn't matter how synergistic your party is outside of competitive play.  

KaidenBlackheart

Fashionable Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Kitsichu

Loyal Shapeshifter

10,900 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:41 pm
KaidenBlackheart
HimeOsamaO
Unless you are going to be doing a lot of trading, or getting both games I would suggest not getting your starter and the pokemon you get from the professor of the same type. Other than that just get the ones you like as long as they had decent natures it really doesn't matter how synergistic your party is outside of competitive play.

Well I do plan on getting a lot of friend codes, isnt that all you really need to trade and battle? and Yea i know I shouldnt but i really want a blue charizard and i dont really like the final evolutions for all the other starters but Fennekin... Plus i do plan on gettin the special torchic. So again I'm so lost. I could do Chespin, Squirtle, Torchic or Fennekin, Squirtle, Torchic or Froakie, Charmander, Torchic or I can have all fire starters.. x.x i'm clueless  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:47 pm
HimeOsamaO
KaidenBlackheart
HimeOsamaO

Well I do plan on getting a lot of friend codes, isnt that all you really need to trade and battle? and Yea i know I shouldnt but i really want a blue charizard and i dont really like the final evolutions for all the other starters but Fennekin... Plus i do plan on gettin the special torchic. So again I'm so lost. I could do Chespin, Squirtle, Torchic or Fennekin, Squirtle, Torchic or Froakie, Charmander, Torchic or I can have all fire starters.. x.x i'm clueless
This is true... I have Torchic in my party because it has a decent nature and is duel typed when it evolves which gets rid of the weakness to rock but that's just me trying to min/max. I mean again it comes down to how you want to play the game if you do get all 3 in your party they do all duel type so its not like gimping yourself with 3 pure fire types.  

KaidenBlackheart

Fashionable Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Kitsichu

Loyal Shapeshifter

10,900 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:51 pm
KaidenBlackheart
HimeOsamaO
KaidenBlackheart
HimeOsamaO

This is true... I have Torchic in my party because it has a decent nature and is duel typed when it evolves which gets rid of the weakness to rock but that just me trying to min/max. I mean again it comes down to how you want to play the game if you do get all 3 in your party they do all duel type so its not like gimping yourself with 3 pure fire types.

Yeah, isnt fennekin final stage Fire/Psychic? then Blazikin is Fire/Fighting and the blue charizard is Dragon/fire or even if its not permanent still is flying/fire but again, i thinks I has a plan, i just need to find someone willing to go along with my plan  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:16 pm
I don't pick up my copy until tomorrow or a few days later, but I'm still not sure which starter I'll go with.
My videogame-pals neighbors each liked Froakie and Fennekin when they were first announced, while I liked Chespin, so we thought dividing them up would be easy. Since second and final evos were released, though, things have been less clear... Delphox is alright. Greninja is super cool. I still like Chesnaught, but its color scheme is just reeeally unappealing.

I searched up its shiny colors earlier today. They're pretty fantastic. But. But then that means soft resetting. I can't do that. It would take forever. stop that train of thought right now, self. the regular design is perfectly acceptable. it'll grow on you in a couple weeks. stop. even though shiny is so much better, you can't. stop.
...Oh. Oh, no. I've somehow convinced myself to go for it, haven't I? Dang. gonk  

starkaat

A Pal

Hex Sableye

Newbie Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:00 pm
I chose chespin. 1 because i hate fennikens line with a burning passion. 2. I chose it over froakie because later in the game you get to trade for the pokemon your starter is strong against (froakie in my situation.) 3. I hate fennikens line with a burning passion.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:49 am
And why do you dislike the line?

Lord D Vanity

Shinkugenzou

Omnipresent Phantom

13,890 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Nazeki

Moonlight Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:27 am