Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply The Random Guild
Gaia's Changes Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:38 pm
What do you guys think about Gaia's changes within recent months?

Things to discuss:
◙Increasing Gaia Cash incentives being offered (Flynn's Booty, Modus Operandi, etc)
◙Repeated release of Flynn's Booty and/or Flynn's Chest
◙The centered site
◙The pop-up advertisements for cash shop sales
◙The re-release of old EI's and items from RIG's
◙The controversial survey
◙The COO "lab rat" metaphor for users
◙Any other changes you'd like to discuss! Positive or Negative!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:41 pm
I'll get the discussion rolling I guess.

I think the general consensus for most Gaians is they're displeased with how things are going with gaia. They feel like Gaia isn't listening to them. Like sometimes Gaia asks us our opinions, but goes ahead and does what it wants to anyway.

I think alot of people are tired of the constant cash shop sales and the constant reminders (via popup or PM) that they're having a sale that we need to check out. The huge emphasis on cash.

Everyone is tired of the inflation and constant release of Flynn's Booty (which only contributes to inflation).

Alot of people have quit because of it and it's really sad.  

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:41 am
3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:50 pm
personally i think gaia has lost their way and have completely forgotten how to listen to the users. i just hope they relies all this before its to late, i would be so lost without this site and thats a fact  

Twilight_Moon_Racer

Moonlight Seeker

19,650 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Mage 100

Manga Grl 01

Melodious Exhibitionist

16,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:02 pm
Well... I think I may actually have gotten used to the centered site by now... ._.
But... the fact that there is no bar for formatting in posts for guilds still really bothers me... >n<"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:13 pm
Twilight_Moon_Racer
personally i think gaia has lost their way and have completely forgotten how to listen to the users. i just hope they relies all this before its to late, i would be so lost without this site and thats a fact

The new CEO seems to be heavily driven by cash sales and revenue rather than what the heart of the company once was. And it's ironic you mention listening to the users, since Narumi said "I don't know why people are saying we don't care about the community", which was laughable  

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:58 pm
Thank you for selecting my thread to win! >< heart  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:34 pm
I really want to punch both the COO and the CEO in the face because they're pretty much the reason why the devs of this site can't work on the projects that really need done (like Towns 2, guilds, etc) and work on things that can bring in money instead. They're also the reason why we now have feverish metaphorical grabby-hands at our wallets every time one logs onto the site. I really don't want to blame Narumi or the other staff members too much for why things aren't getting done around here, but it's hard not to when they're the only people we get direct information from.

Although with that "I don't know why people are saying we don't care about the community" crap, I've lost some respect for him. It's like when Marie Antoinette supposedly said "Let them eat cake" except that there's proof that it was said .___.

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:21 pm
Czarcastique
I really want to punch both the COO and the CEO in the face because they're pretty much the reason why the devs of this site can't work on the projects that really need done (like Towns 2, guilds, etc) and work on things that can bring in money instead. They're also the reason why we now have feverish metaphorical grabby-hands at our wallets every time one logs onto the site. I really don't want to blame Narumi or the other staff members too much for why things aren't getting done around here, but it's hard not to when they're the only people we get direct information from.

Although with that "I don't know why people are saying we don't care about the community" crap, I've lost some respect for him. It's like when Marie Antoinette supposedly said "Let them eat cake" except that there's proof that it was said .___.

It's kinda the "don't kill the messenger" type deal. While what Narumi and Zero say are kinda offending at times, at the same time we have to remember they're not the people that are doing the crap, they're just more or less reporting on it and delivering that information to us. And yes Narumi's comment as I said was rather laughable. Like if you even glanced briefly at Site Feedback within the past month or two, it's clear to see why people feel that way.

All that being said, I've gained alot of respect for Kenny. He actually responds to people's concerns or ideas in Site Feedback and other threads. He actually GIVES ANSWERS where nobody else will. It may not be what we wanna hear, but at least we get a straight answer.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:55 pm
TheLostNobody
Czarcastique

It's kinda the "don't kill the messenger" type deal. While what Narumi and Zero say are kinda offending at times, at the same time we have to remember they're not the people that are doing the crap, they're just more or less reporting on it and delivering that information to us. And yes Narumi's comment as I said was rather laughable. Like if you even glanced briefly at Site Feedback within the past month or two, it's clear to see why people feel that way.

All that being said, I've gained alot of respect for Kenny. He actually responds to people's concerns or ideas in Site Feedback and other threads. He actually GIVES ANSWERS where nobody else will. It may not be what we wanna hear, but at least we get a straight answer.

I've seen so many wild changes in SF in the past year and a half, it makes me long for the times when the most that we complained about was the lack of balance between male and female items xD Either that or Alchemy, 'cept people still raise their legitimate feedback about Alchemy underneath all of the inflation/cash shop/lack of listening threads.

I've always loved Uncle Kenny for his honesty and how he always tries to answer peoples' concerns. The fact that he's still here answering questions and working hard on things for the site keeps a little bit of hope in me for Gaia, if only a little bit.

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:59 pm
Czarcastique

I've seen so many wild changes in SF in the past year and a half, it makes me long for the times when the most that we complained about was the lack of balance between male and female items xD Either that or Alchemy, 'cept people still raise their legitimate feedback about Alchemy underneath all of the inflation/cash shop/lack of listening threads.

I've always loved Uncle Kenny for his honesty and how he always tries to answer peoples' concerns. The fact that he's still here answering questions and working hard on things for the site keeps a little bit of hope in me for Gaia, if only a little bit.

Oh man that was like THE only topic back then that got a large amount of attention xd The male/female avatar item balance haha.

Yes he really does alot. He's the only person's word around Gaia I think I would trust and listen to. He's been honest and upfront about things.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:50 pm
TheLostNobody
Czarcastique

Oh man that was like THE only topic back then that got a large amount of attention xd The male/female avatar item balance haha.

Yes he really does alot. He's the only person's word around Gaia I think I would trust and listen to. He's been honest and upfront about things.

I saw some speculation/hinting that because of all these fervent cash pushes we'll be getting some new devs. Thread

I hope it's true because something good needs to come out of it. confused

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

Cassy3v3lyn

Lonely Lover

18,625 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Budding Witch 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:25 pm
Plain and simple Gaia's management is becoming a lot like the U.S. government in that it never listens to people, though it claims it does, contributes happily to its own inflation and the ever decreasing value of the money they try their hardest to harvest as much as possible of.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:06 pm
Czarcastique
TheLostNobody
Czarcastique

I saw some speculation/hinting that because of all these fervent cash pushes we'll be getting some new devs. Thread

I doubt it though. I mean they're working on a sister site. It's probably gonna go for that.  

TheLostNobody

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:12 pm
TheLostNobody
Czarcastique
TheLostNobody
Czarcastique

I doubt it though. I mean they're working on a sister site. It's probably gonna go for that.

Hey, just trying to find any possible positive detail. Plus Narumi's post that was quoted in the OP of that thread suggests that they would be for this site, not the new one. I'd like to believe the staff for each site would be kept separate but there hasn't been any hard proof of that, so we'll just have to see when these new people are hired.

The Random Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff