Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:57 am
User Image

Meshach was still close. Refusing to leave though he risked his life by doing so. Yavin wasn't sure whether to be glad at his brother's presence or annoyed that he was still flirting with death. Still, though the prince had never gone so much as close to the border's of the pride, he was doing so today in order to find that brother and...

...and, what, exactly?

Make amends?

Apologise?

Even he wasn't sure, but he needed to tell his brother that he was on his side, even if he hadn't acted at the coronation. Even if it had seemed as if he were a loyal member of the pride Shangyue had bloodied with his selfish ambition. Him and his new pet slaves, awestruck over their new saviour. Royal guards, indeed! There was a reason they were slaves. A reason that the Great Lion had not looked their way upon birth. They were to be kept safe, not to be put in the position where they were protecting others. Disturbing this balance was surely going to cause trouble for their new king in the end. Yavin was sure of it. And when it came, he would be there to make sure that Shangyue's reign was put to a swift and bloodied end.

He paused then, lifting his head to test the air with his nose.

It was late in the twilight hours. The lions would soon be waking if they hadn't done already and he hoped that by the time he was back in the pride the darkness would veil him and keep his secret safe. He had told no one of his coming, not even his dearest friend.

Or maybe she was something more than a friend now...

He shook his head and trudged on, calling low and soft as he went.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:51 pm
Kimaria
I am so sorry! Somehow I forgot to add this link to my journal.

User Image

The scent on the wind told him someone was coming. His nose told him that he knew this lion very well indeed. Meshach crept along slowly as he paralleled his brother. He had to be sure it wasn't a trap by his nephew to capture him. His wounds were still healing and he couldn't afford to be found. After watching for some time he saw no signs of anyone else following Yavin. It was safe to approach. He stood up all the way and called back softly.

"Over here Yavin." Meshach stood beside a ditch that would hide them fairly well while they talked. For clearly Yavin wanted to talk about something, or he wouldn't be out here risking his place in the pride.

magnadearel

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:18 am
magnadearel
It's no problem! smile

Yavin's ears turned first, then his eyes, a strange feeling settling over him at seeing his brother again. A sense of relief and unease, perhaps. He really wasn't cut out for the type of life he was about to embark on. Wasn't cut out for anything, truth be told. But he had to try. If only to honour the memory of those who had been lost.

And the losses had been great...

"So it's true, then. You are still here." His eyes wavered, wondering how to broach the subject now that he was here. "Still risking your life." He shook his head, drawing closer still, lowering his voice for fear that they might somehow be caught and murdered in cold blood, away from prying eyes. "Do you value it so little?" He winced, wishing he had softened his tone. He was worried. Stressed. Tired. And he was glad to see his brother. He just wasn't very good at showing it.

His tail flicked with apprehension.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:33 am
Kimaria

Meshach watched his brother. Trying to figure out the reason he would be out here. He let his ear twitch at his brother's voice. That fact was plainly obvious, and he gave a silent nod. Meshach gave a soft sigh. "I suppose you could call it that brother. I feel I am only doing what needs to be done."

The exiled prince glanced up at the first stars starting to glimmer in the sky. Did he value his life? Yes. Yes he wanted to live. To set his pride to rights. Meshach stepped closer and gave an encouraging brother cuddle.

"The answer is no. But I think things need to be set right. My, our nephew needs to atone for the blood he spilled to gain the thrown."

magnadearel

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:10 pm
magnadearel

Yavin nodded, taking another swift look around them. He gave a short nod in confirmation at his brother's words, leaning into the contact. Family had grown sparse in these recent times and though he'd always been somewhat aloof, he did love his family dearly. He wanted to set things right, too. Wanted his brother back in the pride where he belonged without fear for his life.

"I have no doubt he'll atone for it." He looked somewhat regretful then. "I just...I needed to find you after what happened during the coronation." A sigh juddered from his lungs, his voice quiet as a whisper. "I'm no fighter, Meshach. I've not fought a thing in my life. I just want you to know that, even though I didn't openly side with you back there...I am on your side. I can't use brute force against him, but I can pretend to be a loyal follower. Maybe learn a thing or two about what makes him tick."

He gave another sigh. "It's not much, I know. But it's all I can do. Who knows. Perhaps I will learn something useful. All I know is that his crimes cannot and will not go unpunished."

Their nephew truly had turned their world's upside down.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:31 pm
Kimaria

Their family was having a rough time of it. Meshach wondered who in the pride Yavin still had to turn to. For now, he would prove that shoulder top lean upon. An ease to Yavin's burdens and sorrows.

"I know he will too. The Great Lion will not put up with his actions for long." He looked curiously at his brother. "I know. I don't blame you Yavin. The slaves are no fighters either." Was this his brother's reason for coming out here? To risk apologizing and telling him this? He gave a level look at Yavin. Would he?

"How much are you willing to do? I know you won't fight, but would you be willing to be my eyes and ears deep within the pride? It's kinda hard to tell what goes on from out here," he added sheepishly.

magnadearel

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:28 am
magnadearel

Yavin didn't have many people he could rely on, in all honestly. Well, all except one. A female who was dancing between being a friend and a mate at that current time. They'd certainly had their ups and downs before now and if any good could have come from all this horrible business, it was that they were now closer than ever before.

Still, knowing that his brother was okay and was not planning on going on another suicide mission any time brought him great comfort.

Meshach was right though. The Great Lion would not put up with this. They just had to put faith in him and bide their time until they received some sort of time.

"I can do that," he confirmed without hesitation. If his brother had not asked it of him, he would have suggested it himself. "Besides making sure you were okay, I hoped we could perhaps come up with some sort of plan. I'll try and see if I can gain trust. It may take time considering the fact that despite doing nothing, I was still questioned as if they had evidence of my guilt. I will do all I can to help. I can't put up much of a physical fight, so this is all I can do."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:46 am
Kimaria

It shouldn't have surprised him that his brother agreed so readily to his request. After all Yavin had come all this way to check on him. "The plan right now is to gather what help I can, if there's any to be had." He wasn't going to mention that the Great Lion might want him to do this mostly alone. Meshach tried to sound casual as he mentioned what help he had found. "I've a lioness that's joined up with me. She's tending my wounds and my stomach." It was slightly embarrassing, but he was grateful for the help; as he was still in no shape to chase down his own dinners quite yet.

"We've nothing but time right now brother," he smiled grimly. No matter what Shangyue thought or hoped, he was not going away that easily. "Keep your ears open Yavin, but don't put yourself in risk. I don't want to loose more family to our nephew."

"Come enough of this talk for now. Tell me how you are doing." Meshach forced his tone toward cheerful and led his brother toward a shallow cave he'd found was good for hiding in. At least they could catch up a bit while Yavin was here.

magnadearel

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:40 am
magnadearel

He nodded, knowing that they would need patience for this to work. Patience was something Yavin still had to learn, though there was clearly no time like the present.

Dipping his head, he sloped his back into a sit, relishing the cool grass beneath him. The night was nothing if peaceful and cool. It helped with the thinking. With feeling safe - though he guessed the safety was nothing but mere illusion. "Don't worry. I shan't do anything to arouse suspicion. It might be best if I lay low for a couple of weeks, before making any gentle inquiries. Likely others who would speak out against him are all too afraid to do anything now. Given some time? Perhaps they can find their courage again."

Meshach's next question took him by surprise, but he was glad for the change in topic. Apologies had been given and a plan to help one another had been somewhat agreed. He pulled himself back to his paws and followed after, throwing a look or two over his shoulder.

Paranoid.

"I have a friend. I'm fine." If it were not for her, he wasn't sure how he'd be coping right now, in fact. "She's better at dealing with these things. I just...try and follow her lead."

He settled himself again and looked across at his sibling. "The female who is helping you? Is she a pride member?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:27 am
Kimaria

The purple lion settled to the ground with only a slight wince. He would be very glad when he was healed and could move normally once more. Meshach nodded. They certainly had enough suspicion right now. "I completely agree with laying low awhile Yavin. The more you seem normal the better." He flicked his tail. "I'm worried about what might happen to those slave who went into his royal guard."

He gave a bit of a laugh, "seems we both managed to find a lady when we needed someone the most eh?" It was good to hear Yavin had someone to rely on. "I'd like to meet her some day if we get the chance."

"Mmmmm yes she is. Low-middle from what's she's told me." He gave another chuckle. "She was so put out by Shangyue that she actually came looking for me."

magnadearel

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:10 pm
magnadearel

He nodded. He'd have to watch his tongue around what he said about 'slaves' from now on. He'd always been a snob, unwilling to converse or give them any sort of recognition. But now with this royal guard nonsense, he wasn't really sure where anyone stood. He gave a gruff sound in the back of his throat and looked across at his brother.

"You may know her already. It's Lailah...the...apprentice."

But to hear that his brother's new 'friend' was a low-middle class female horrified him and he hoped that it didn't show on his expression. The muscles in his jaw and brow felt suddenly tight as he forced them to relax - or tried to get them to relax.

Yavin just hoped she was only a friend. Otherwise, if they put their plan into action, how would Meschach rise to become leader? (As he'd assumed would be the case upon their victory).

"One ally is better than none. I'm sure with time, the fear will begin to ebb and the need for justice will creep through. It's a waiting game." He nodded to himself, tilting his head upwards. "It's...not going to be easy," he trailed, looking weary.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:24 pm
Kimaria
Fin?

"Lailah, Lailah," he said the name a few times as he closed his eyes to see if he could place a face to that name. "I'm afraid so much has happened recently, that if I have met her before it's completely slipped my mind. Sorry brother." Yup he was still as scattered brained as before.

Meshach appeared not to notice his brother's reaction when he found out the class. The purple male smiled. "Aye that. She's done a lot for me that she needn't have done. I am grateful to her."

"Right you are. So I stay back, heal, and wait." This was the best plan so far. "No, but seeing you again makes it possible to go on." He glanced at the sky and the moon rising. "You'd better get back before you're missed Yavin. We'll meet again soon."

magnadearel

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:13 pm
magnadearel
Fin! :3 thank you! We'll have to RP again soon! This was fun!

He shook his head to signify that no apology was needed. It was hardly a surprise. The girl was such a hard worker that she probably didn't spare much time for idle chatter. Perhaps he ought to stop by and see her soon. Like...very soon.

His head dropped down onto his fore-paws as he shifted his weight onto his side, feeling suddenly drained in a way he never had before. Lions were dead. Members of his family were dead. He almost couldn't believe it. His head told him it was true but his heart kept trying to lie. How could those so stable in his life now suddenly be gone? And for what?!

He was lying there for some time before he realised his brother was trying to get him to leave before trouble found them. Yes. It wouldn't be good to be caught out so early on in the game.

Still, it was with a tired groan that he pulled himself back onto his paws and moved back out into the chill, dark air. "We will," he agreed. "Take care of yourself."

And then he was gone.

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff