Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Age : A Real Fans Guild

Back to Guilds

A dragon age guild. Game focused. A rp forum is available though. 

Tags: Dragon, Dragon age origins, Bioware, Grey Warden, Dragon age 2 

Reply Characters discussion!
Which kind of elf do you prefer? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite elf type
  DA:O type (Tolkien lord of the ring/AD&D type)
  DA:2 type (Avatar type with a "human" skin)
  NO ELVES!
View Results

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:22 am
I must plead guilty to not even knowing which one will be in the third game...
I seriously would love a throwback at the "original elves" from DA:O which are the ones that Tolkien created...the avatars kind from the second game just were a bit off for me...
(Originally elves had nothing to do with being even close to human, that is tolkien who came up with those...they were little annoying spirit in folklore, or even originally only female, a translation of the Roman and greek nymphes...or a different race in northen mythology, their appearance similar to human but without he ears, if memory serves me well)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:18 pm
Actually the elves in Dragon Age two fit more to the books descriptions of them then one.

Now granted the size of their heads to the rest of their bodies was just a mess up in the engine they used for the characters.

From the way the elves character models have been shown the males look a lot like Zevran from DA:O but with a graphic boost (if I find the pic I'll repost it if not me I'm sure one of the other gals have one already on their computer)

They plan on keeping the larger eyes compared to humans and probably shorter and skinnier like they were in Origins.  

Vir Adahlen
Captain

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 pm
Vir Adahlen
Actually the elves in Dragon Age two fit more to the books descriptions of them then one.

Now granted the size of their heads to the rest of their bodies was just a mess up in the engine they used for the characters.

From the way the elves character models have been shown the males look a lot like Zevran from DA:O but with a graphic boost (if I find the pic I'll repost it if not me I'm sure one of the other gals have one already on their computer)

They plan on keeping the larger eyes compared to humans and probably shorter and skinnier like they were in Origins.

That sounds like good compromise...Not the classic elves seen since Tolkien and every damn fantasy novels and games like AD&D stuff...slightly original but modeled from it, I dig...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:28 pm
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen

That sounds like good compromise...Not the classic elves seen since Tolkien and every damn fantasy novels and games like AD&D stuff...slightly original but modeled from it, I dig...

Elves are my race if given the option xD and I kinda fell head over heels in love with Dragon Age's elven background and their history so I tend to study the elves more then any other race in Dragon Age. (it's so bad a friend of mine and I made a guild for the information and codexs from Da)  

Vir Adahlen
Captain

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:44 pm
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen

Elves are my race if given the option xD and I kinda fell head over heels in love with Dragon Age's elven background and their history so I tend to study the elves more then any other race in Dragon Age. (it's so bad a friend of mine and I made a guild for the information and codexs from Da)

Yes, I love their lore...For some reason I always felt Lelianna should have been an elf in the first game...her personality would have fitted...I dunno why...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:53 pm
I would have to say DAI's elves are the best looking, they are a perfect balance of DAO and DA2's elves (well the ears and eyes mostly). Although I did like the 10 inch ears long ears in DA2 lol

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/File biggrin ragon-Age-Inquisition-Elf-Hero-Models.jpg  

ButterFlyCross89

Vir Adahlen
Captain

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:17 pm
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen

Yes, I love their lore...For some reason I always felt Lelianna should have been an elf in the first game...her personality would have fitted...I dunno why...
If they did she wouldn't have returned in the 2nd game in the role she played as/has. (butterfly posted the models of the elves in 3) Elves are second class she wouldn't be the right hand of the Divine if she was an elf and I think that's why they didn't make her one  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:14 pm
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen

If they did she wouldn't have returned in the 2nd game in the role she played as/has. (butterfly posted the models of the elves in 3) Elves are second class she wouldn't be the right hand of the Divine if she was an elf and I think that's why they didn't make her one

Oh I fully agree, I meant on how she acts in the first game, her song had something I tend to associate more to elves, too...and her DLC also had something elvish to her...it's just a general feeling tho, about her personality and some scenes, not her beliefs and all.  

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

Vir Adahlen
Captain

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:16 pm
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen

Oh I fully agree, I meant on how she acts in the first game, her song had something I tend to associate more to elves, too...and her DLC also had something elvish to her...it's just a general feeling tho, about her personality and some scenes, not her beliefs and all.
Yeah I think they kinda made her the one non-racist character in the entire game lol. Alistair hates Templars Zevran..well he's Zevran Morrigan hates everything lol. Wynne is to motherly to really hate anything,but she disagrees on somethings,And I don't even need to say anything about Sten lmfao.

I would really love to see a Andrastian elf in the next game that would be pretty badass.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:18 pm
My only concern with the elf look is my warden. Didn't Bioware said that our Warden and Hawke would make an appearance? I loved how my Warden looked and it took forever to get her face the way I like it. I'm scared that they'll mess up all my hard work (which I can never recreate cause i've tried) will go to waste.  

Fiyori_Takeshi

Shoujo Valentine

17,125 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Friendly 100

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:27 pm
My favorite is actually a DAO mod (called "Ferelden Elves", which uses the Elf Update mod from BSN) made to make the elves look slightly more like the DA2 elves-- or at least not like humans with pointy ears:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A very nice compromise, I think.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:32 pm
Sunegami
My favorite is actually a DAO mod (called "Ferelden Elves", which uses the Elf Update mod from BSN) made to make the elves look slightly more like the DA2 elves-- or at least not like humans with pointy ears:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A very nice compromise, I think.

I agree for the male...for the female, I dunno...something is still a bit amiss...I guess I'm old school elves to the bones...slender, slightly shorter than humans...  

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:24 pm
Fiyori_Takeshi
My only concern with the elf look is my warden. Didn't Bioware said that our Warden and Hawke would make an appearance? I loved how my Warden looked and it took forever to get her face the way I like it. I'm scared that they'll mess up all my hard work (which I can never recreate cause i've tried) will go to waste.

Well, remember how bad Zevran looked in DA2?
yeah...
no comments...lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:27 pm
Vir Adahlen

Oh, by the book I was talking about the classical Tolkien look,that was after that taken for AD&D games like baldur's gate, etc...
I mean, who didn,t straight away thought :AVATAR!  

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

Fiyori_Takeshi

Shoujo Valentine

17,125 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:45 am
LaLuneNoire

Well, remember how bad Zevran looked in DA2?
yeah...
no comments...lol

That's what i'm afraid of T__T
Then a part of me wonders if it'll be like what happened in Mass Effect.
Had to redo my Shepard (which wasn't hard since I made her a plain jane).

Characters discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff