Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black & White, HeartGold SoulSilver, Pokemon XY, Diamond Pearl 

Reply The Official Pokemon Guild
Mega evolutions! SPOILERS! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

Valkyon

Lonely Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:44 am
http://serebii.net/xy/megaevolutions.shtml

Too lazy to post pics. I don't mind the concept of mega evolutions but I do mind how they rename the pokemon :/ c'mon atleast put some effort into the names please. Aside from that I am very happy with the evolutions except for ampharos :/ just add hair and its electric dragon. My favorite would be mawile though. I love the blazoned and lucario too but mawile just looks so beast lol  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:31 pm
I woke up this morning to this news best wake up ever! Blaziken was already one of my favorites and looking all awesome now and mawhile...I don't want to get eaten and it being labeled as a fairy XP but all these new reveals have yet to disappoint me [I've gotten over the new mewtwo now I think] I'm still praying for more fire types and a dark gym smilies/icon_ninja.gif  

Prairiefox

Friendly Friend

12,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Valkyon

Lonely Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:29 pm
The ampharos is underwhelming though right? I love the rest but c'mon just add fur and its done? Atleast cover the whole back in fur or the whole body  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:59 pm
Very true ampharos was favorite electric type and since this mega form it is now a dual dragon type I could image it looking either more vicious or more elegant, not more hairy... I'm still gonna use him though and see what he can do but while all the others got a super kick butt makeover he grew fluffier. Well now that I think about it he was a sheep pokemon before this maybe they wanted to tie back to that in a way?  

Prairiefox

Friendly Friend

12,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Valkyon

Lonely Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:05 am
Prairiefox Wrote:
Very true ampharos was favorite electric type and since this mega form it is now a dual dragon type I could image it looking either more vicious or more elegant, not more hairy... I'm still gonna use him though and see what he can do but while all the others got a super kick butt makeover he grew fluffier. Well now that I think about it he was a sheep pokemon before this maybe they wanted to tie back to that in a way?
if that's the case they should have gone all out like the others  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:07 am
These are not stages of evolution, so I don't think that the appearances really matter to be honest. These stages can only be achieved when in battle, like that of Zen Mode Darmanitan.  

Elemental Paradisity

Dedicated Phantom

Kennisaur

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:57 am
ampharos looks pretty neat actually. you make it sound like an ugly brute by calling it hairy. it does looks more elegant with that new mane and its stone-adorned tail looks astonishing.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:33 am
I'm actually not a big fan of this idea... It bothers me. I think I can grow into the idea of it, because I actually kinda like Lucario, once I get past that who dreadlocks look. And I kinda like Mawile's. But I hope there are a lot more that get Mega forms, or new evolutions. Lets put Jynx out there for an example >.>

But I think they could have done better on Absol's... I love everything about it, until I reach the emo hair swoosh....

WhitePrinceOfWonderland

Blessed Guildsman

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Kennisaur

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:36 am
WhitePrinceOfWonderland Wrote:
I'm actually not a big fan of this idea... It bothers me. I think I can grow into the idea of it, because I actually kinda like Lucario, once I get past that who dreadlocks look. And I kinda like Mawile's. But I hope there are a lot more that get Mega forms, or new evolutions. Lets put Jynx out there for an example >.>
at least jynx was granted a pre-evolution. what about pinsir? i imagine pinsir's megaform to have a sort of megakabuterimon look. Well...at least something like it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:39 am
Kennisaur Wrote:

I understand that, but she didn't get an evolution like her other pairs, Magmar, and Electibuzz. It bothers me so! Plus she's one of my favorite Pokémon, so I just need it to happen.

But as much as I'm not a fan of Pinsir, I think they deserve an evolution. They could do so much more with pinsir, no matter how much it creeps me out.

WhitePrinceOfWonderland

Blessed Guildsman

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Kennisaur

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:30 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHgE0vtOXU  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:32 pm
Kennisaur Wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHgE0vtOXU

Okay, that made it a little better. Mega stones causing it, I can accept this, but I hate the fact it looked like a one time use thing. or did I just imagine, and over think it o.o

WhitePrinceOfWonderland

Blessed Guildsman

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Phazon Addict

Dedicated Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:10 pm
Ugh, that's it. I cave. Pokémon is turning into Digimon. I cannot come to terms with this. Why couldn't they just say these were just new regular evolutions or alternate forms? With the exception of Blaziken, Ampharos, and Mewtwo, those Pokémon had room for a third evolution. Absol alone kinda needed one.

I'll admit they do look cool though. Mega Absol looks pretty damn awesome. Maybe my lovely little Absol will finally become more than just a false swipe slave.

On a side note: Does anyone else think that new mouse Pokémon just looks like a chibi Raichu?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:19 pm
I'm reserving my judgment until I have my Pokémon X game and I can use Mega Evolutions myself. I remember when the idea for triple and rotation battles was announced and people started to complain then even though they ended up being fine. So who's to say this won't be the same?  

Captain Leingod

Hilarious Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100

xShoubix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:19 pm
I'm actually super excited about it! I'm trying to be as open as possible about the new changes. At least it's something different!

ALSO MEGA KANGASKHAN! BABYSKAN HELPS FIGHT! EEP!  
The Official Pokemon Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games