Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
(PRP) Happy Days! ...Right? (Zep/Kou/Zai/Tal/Iara)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:46 pm
User Image
Since the issues with the Kizingo'zaa Zephyr had found herself drawing closer and closer to a certain big, black lion. Even after everything had resolved itself and life had taken up a peaceful turn her feelings had only grown. He was a comfort in her life, a steady little secret that she'd thus far been able to keep from her family, thanks to her sister and her every growing hoard of cubs. In all the joyous chaos finding some time for herself hadn't been very difficult.

Even now, when she stepped up to take his side, Zephyr's focus wasn't on the waves or the sand, the cubs or all the gossip; they were fixated on Kou. "Are you nervous?"

User Image

Koukakala was indeed nervous, but the most he showed as an uneasy smile to his mate. Her Pridelander and Firekin bloodlines created a larger than life lioness, but next to him she was petite as a Princess. Meeting her family wasn't something he'd particularly been looking forward too, but as much as he loved Zephyr he would never think to shame them by taking her paw without asking first.

"A little." He admitted at length, stepping around a grouping of seaweed on the shore. Would they think he was unworthy of their daughter? What if he didn't make a good impression?

Zephyr brushed against him, and nipped his shoulder, causing him to jump. "Stop it. My father isn't going to be there, he's probably helping Gramps with council work, and my mother is going to love you."

Kou smiled and nodded before turning his attention back to the path laid out before him.

User Image

Zaid took a deep breath and approached the area he knew Talise's parents to den, all too aware of the evening sun on his fur. It warmed his chilling blood, and sent shivers through his paws. Was this what it would have been like, if he'd stayed home and taken a Banu? No, No! That would have been a deal to take a possession; this..this was so much bigger than that.

He was going to ask their blessing for something he'd wanted to do the moment she'd approached him in the woods. Hopefully, by the end of the day he would be a mated lion, and if not....well, if some birds could bury their heads in sand, why not he?

As he came closer, he noticed two figures upon the sand, one of which bore a striking resemblance to Talise. What was her name? Zeia? Zena? Zera? Zephia? "Zephyr?" Ah, there we go!

"Hey, Zaid! Finally pick up your bal-"

"Retiring for the day?" Kou broached, even though his suspicions were firing off. Was he out for the same reason?

"N-No, not yet." He chuckled nervously. When the pair nodded towards him, and started to walk off, the group fell into an awkward silence once he'd joined them. They all knew good and well what was going on, and it was taking all Zephyr had not to burst out laughing.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:17 pm
User Image

Everything was sparkling in the evening sunlight. Disappearing beneath the waves once more Talise skirted about the ocean floor catching the seaweed and other medical plants that her mother had requested of her. Even as a pombuka the lioness had learned a lot of herbal lore and medicine from her mwani mother. Because of her skill with diving Talise often found mwani requesting her to dive in the deeper waters for certain things not found by the shore side. Today had been such a case and even though she had went to find her mother and speak to her the lioness had been asked to do errands. It was such a busy time and she didn’t mind helping….but why did it bother her again to be doing this? Something about talking to her mother before Zaid…oh gods!

Zaid was supposed to be meeting her mother today!

Her gaze widening at the realization the lioness swam up towards the surface and began kicking towards the shore. Oh where was her mother? Had she left already? Was Zaid already on his way? Gripping the plants tightly in her maw the lioness began bolting across the warm sands towards her home. Despite her rush there was a light in her eyes and a small smile flickering across her features. This would be fun and she was certain Zaid would be perfectly fine…really his worry was simply adorable. She did wish that she had been able to talk to her mother beforehand, but things would still work out.

As she approached the path towards home Talise noticed the small group wandering ahead of her. Squinting against the evening sun the lioness made a small noise of surprise to see not only Zaid, but her sister with her friend as well. Perhaps this was a good time then, “Hey you guys!” Calling out her gaze gleamed with interest before she started heading down…but another touch made her pause.

User Image

“Talise?” Iara’s soft voice startled her daughter and the older lioness had to suppress her laughter at the reaction. She had been following steadily behind her for a while now and for a bit had been worried about how rushed her daughter seemed. Now that she had caught up and was peering past her shoulder towards the group Iara tilted her head in curiosity, “Seems like we have company perhaps?” Just who was that with Zephyr? She already recognized Zaid since she had tended to him, but the other one was new.

“Well uh…you’ll find out~” Flushing Talise followed alongside of her mother and headed towards the group. Well here went nothing…

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:24 pm
Grinning, Zephyr turned with her ears perked and excited to see her sister approaching. She'd know that voice anywhere! She was blissfully excited to see her sister, and the sweet surprise that laid behind her! "Hello Talise...and hello to you too, mother."

It couldn't have worked out better if she'd planned it herself. The large lioness looked between the two males at her sides, passing her eyes over each in their nervousness; Zaid in his heart stopping-ness, and Kou...well, in his quiet meditative look. If she hadn't known her mate so well she would think he was sweating under pressure. Leaning into him, she rubbed her cheek against his and smiled. "It's going to be fine," she murmured.

Koukakala took a deep breath, and gulped, his paws static on the fluid sand. His deep eyes sought out his mate, and seeing her looking so relaxed and at ease put him in a calmer place. If this was her family, then her sister and mother were as good as his. Though, he did flush a bit when she displayed such open affection, and in front of her mother no less! Such a brazen lass. "If you're sure." Though he wasn't as calm as she, he would try to be.

"Hello, Miss Talise. And a good day to you as well, Ma'am." Would it have been rude to call Iara by her name? He looked at Zephyr to see her snickering. "I hope your day has been well?"

"Heeyy Talise." Zaid greeted nervously, a little awkward smile on his maw. While he was happy to see her, coming up on the sand as she was, he hadn't missed the female behind her. Not by a long shot. His heart had clenched with nerves with every step she took closer. If was that female that would either make or break his future, so he had to try super hard to win her over!

Almost as hard as he was trying to win Talise. Gods above, if she wasn't a sight for sore eyes. If Iara had half the sight he knew she would she would be able to see the sappy love in his eyes. There was something something about Talise, something he couldn't understand, and didn't wish to try. It was just what made her her, and nervous or not, he WAS going to make this work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:42 pm
Talise beamed towards her sister happily. It looked like this was going to be double the fun then! Her gaze sparkled obviously with affection towards Zaid before she glanced back towards her mother to watch her reaction. Everything was going to be alright. It wasn’t like they were unwillingly patients after all, the boys were just speaking to Iara. Now if Zaid was to act like he had the first months he had arrived in the pride….well maybe he would have some reason to fear. She laughed softly under her breath at the memories.

Iara smiled as she realized the obvious affection that existed between her two daughters and the two males standing before her. Seemed just like yesterday that they were both cubs running around my paws… Her gaze softened before the male’s words caught her attention, “Excuse me…” Iara’s tail flicked in the air behind her as she walked towards the bigger lion, “But ma’m?” The stern expression she used as a healer flashed across her features as she pointed a paw towards him, “I may have a stupid limp, but I’m not that old!”
She held the pose for a good moment before her features brightened in laughter, “Really though call me Iara or even Mwani Iara if you must. Miss is too strange…just too strange.” Her smile only grew as she peered towards Zaid, “This one I know well. Please don’t tell me you have any more injuries, Zaid?” Even as much as she enjoyed teasing him the lioness was happier to notice the obvious love in his eyes. It looked like both of her girls had a good surprise for her today. Two handsome, loving males? Her daughters really were fortunate indeed.

Talise smiled towards Zaid, “Hey…” Silently she mouthed behind her mother, ”Sorry for being late.” Her attention flickered towards her sister as she tilted her head in curiosity. Had they really both taken today to…introduce someone to their mother? It was definitely convenient if not odd.

“As much as I enjoy watching these expressions I would prefer to rest somewhere with some shade.” Iara interrupted quietly, “Let’s go sit so that I can be truly introduced to these two friends that my daughters have brought. Zephyr I don’t even know your friend’s name.” Smiling the blue lioness started back up the path and towards the beginning of the jungle where they could rest and talk.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:03 pm
Koukakala's eyes widened, and he felt his ears flip back a little on his thick skull. He chanced a look at Zephyr, who innocently enough had a piece of sand between her toes. So he was on his own, and in such a terrifying situation, at that! "That wasn't what I - I'm sorry, I wasn't talking about your limp at all, I can promise you that, I was just- " Even before he could dig himself out of his hole he realized she'd only been playing. Still, that paw had been serious enough! Obviously this was where Zephyr got her spunk.

Exhaling deeply, Kou smiled, his nerves returning to their semi-normal state. "Iara it is."

"Nothing new to report this time." He couldn't help, but to chuckle despite his nerves. His mother had taught him to face every situation with a smile and an open heart, though it was harder than he'd ever imagined it to be. Iara's attack on Kou had been just as frightening for him, even more so, actually! Zaid had been the one to jump back, not the larger black lion. He had to give it to Kou; the male had a stiff spine.

Looking past Iara, he found himself deciphering Talise's message, and after shaking his head, he responded silently with, "It's okay. Glad you're here now." And that's what mattered; they could do this together, and she would be the sunshine to his stormy seas.

Zephyr looked to Talise as well, and after widened her gaze she shrugged with a devilish grin. What a coincidence!...Not. She'd heard Zaid murmuring about it earlier, and though she had thought of introducing Kou sooner than later she hadn't planned on doing it today. Well, after hearing that, what kind hearted sister wouldn't lighten the burden by spacing out her mother's attention?

With Zaid tailing behind to meet with Talise, Kou and Zephyr walked in tandem with her mother, the large white lioness staying in the middle. Though she was as big as Pridelander, easily a Firekin, Kou was taller still, and broad, so neither had trouble seeing Iara.

"I'm sorry for not introducing myself earlier," He shook his head, rolling his eyes bemusedly at his own grievances. "My name is Koukakala. Zephyr's told me much about you; all good things, I can assure you."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:18 pm

As Koukakala’s apology started Iara’s gaze danced with mischief. Talise had instantly recognized it herself and had desperately looked around to hide the grin spreading across her own features. Even though she know her mother’s kind heart well she also found that the role of being a stern mother came naturally to the lioness. It almost reminded her of how she cared for the cubs and the playful reactions she had for them when they misbehaved.

Poor Zaid. Talise really had to hold back her laughter at the poor male’s reactions. She loved him dearly, but to watch his reactions towards her sweet mother was always entertaining. Eventually he’ll get used to her. Shaking her head quietly towards her sister Talise easily picked up on the mischevious message in that grin. The ever so sly Zephy had struck again it seemed~ As they walked after Iara Talise found her paws slowing down until she was walking next to Zaid. Her tail brushed against his hide before she rubbed her cheek against him quietly. It would be okay. He just had to have belief in himself and stop thinking of her mother as a male devouring beast. The idea made her laugh softly as they walked along.

Walking with ease despite the obvious gimp Iara looked towards Kou with a smile, “I suppose I can accept the apology since you’re here now. If I had to find you myself before this then that might have been some trouble, but I’m glad to meet you finally.” As if it hadn’t been obvious that both of her daughters had suddenly extra energy and gleams in their eyes? As a lioness who had been in love herself Iara could easily pick up on the same feelings with her daughters. Zaid had been an obvious answer for Talise, but this Koukakala was the surprise. She was glad though it seemed Zephyr had chosen well, “All good things?” Iara chuckled, “The way you assure me makes me wonder if that’s not the case~” Teasingly she looked towards Zephyr, “I guess I can only hope that my daughter can’t have too many reasons to complain about her mother.”

As she settled down on the cool ground Iara beamed up towards them all, "But what is it that brings you two to me today?"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:45 pm
It was at times like these that Zaid wondered what his family might have thought. Deferring to a female, walking behind her with the same respect he might have shown a Vizier with her daughter leading him along like a Pad. It was amusing, to say the least, but he much preferred it this way. Sharing hadn't been an issue, but he doubted he could have found someone as special as Talise back home.

He turned his head to laid it ontop of hers, rubbing his cheek into her ear, and little mane tuft.

"It's my fault we were so late in visiting," Zephyr admitted at length. "Kou wanted to come by a lot sooner, like, around Afina's first litter sooner." It seemed so odd, to think she'd known this male since before the Tsunami had struck and yet she was just finding it now that she should tell her mother. She hadn't loved him then; hell, she'd barely known him! He watched her grow, though. Had seen her through her injury, taught her to watch her boundaries, taught her to...love.

They'd danced around matehood for so long she had thought he would never ask, but on the eve of his Rites he'd formally proposed the question. "I wasn't sure on it, or on him, but I couldn't think of anyone else I'd rather bring home." She smiled, leaning up against her big lug.

If it hadn't been for Zephyr's hesitancy Afina may not have also been the only one of Iara's cubs to have cubs of their own! He wanted to mate things official a long time ago, but hadn't wanted to pressure the wild female. Kou knew she would come around on her own terms, either to tell him off or embrace him. Thank the Gods she'd chosen the later. "She was ready to run off with me to the rogue lands, but I couldn't do it. I wanted her to stay here, with her family, and I couldn't have been parted from the Ocean anymore than she could."

Hearing the banter Koukakala chuckled, and shook his head, looking between the two. "Mates secret." Even as Zephyr whistled innocently he bumped his shoulder into hers.

As they started to settle down, Kou remained standing until Zephyr had seated herself, and he settled in beside her. He turned to his mate, then to her mother, then Zaid, and then back to Iara. "Well, for us...I came to ask for your blessing on our mating.

Though Zaid hadn't yet sat down himself, as Kou spoke he came to an easy sit on the cool ground and nodded. "The same is true for me as well. Your..." Okay, make it or break it time. "...Your daughter means the world to me, and I can't imagine being with anyone else."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:48 pm

A soft purr caught in Talise’s throat at the contact and she couldn’t help but to beam happily towards the male. Even though she hated having to think about the disaster he went through with the tsunami she was glad the ocean had dropped him at her paws. Maybe the chaos of that day had indeed been just the ocean giving her yet another gift. As it was that was moons ago…such a long time ago. Where had time gone?

Iara tilted her head, “Oh? I guess I can’t torment your friend with that knowledge now, Zephyr.” The older lioness grinned happily at Zephyr, “So I’m guessing this home visit won’t be the last with Kou.” At his words Iara sighed softly, “I’m glad then. Even knowing that my daughter would have had good reason to leave I’m glad that her reason decided that he could make the ocean his home as well.”

“Even if I see good things in both of you boys…I don’t know I wonder about giving my blessing so easily.” Crossing her paws she peered intently between both Kou and Zaid, “I love my daughters dearly you see…especially these two who have always stayed close to me.” Out of all those who had grown she knew Zephy and Talise would be there for her. Especially Talise who dived daily with her, taking up the deeper diving since her leg wouldn’t work as well as it once had. If she had not approved of either male then this would be going differently, but she trusted her daughters to make the right decision. And from the reactions given to her…these males were definitely good picks.

“What sort of challenge should I present then?”

Talise just shook her head with a small grin towards her mother’s antics. How much more would she make the boys squirm? “If you challenge them you might have to challenge both Zephyr and me as well mother.” The lioness smiled, “I love him too much to just let him suffer alone for me after all.” With her words her tail innocently brushed against Zaid as she waited to see everyone’s reactions.”

Iara chuckled, “Fine, fine. If Talise is so insistent on it then I suppose I’ll leave the ocean in charge of it. Some food first and then when the moon is full in the sky we can go to the beach~”

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:00 am
Sabra Knight

"Nope, he's out of the running." Zephyr grinned, leaning down to n** on his paw. While he looked uncomfortable getting that close to her around her mother Zephyr was beyond boundaries. With or without her mother's permission she was going to stay with this male, but it would break her if her mother didn't approve. Not that she really worried. How could anyone not see the sun in his eyes? "I'm hoping not! Unless he finally sprains one of those fat ankles of his trying to keep up with me." She snorted.

Koukakala kept his composure, save for bumping his shoulder into hers. "Now isn't really the time for that, Zephyr." He smiled despite his embarrassment. He loved this female, weirdness and all, even if he did wish she could keep some things quiet. "I was taken up by the tsunami when it hit and separated from her for a time." The large male moved to place his paw on top of hers. "I'm glad the Gods were gracious enough to give me a second chance."

"You're such a dork," Zephyr teased.

"Yes, but who was it that chose me? I think if we're airing secrets perhaps you should tell your mother how you came running through the woods, outside of the boundaries of the pride in search of me?" Sitting up a little he grinned towards her and the two shared an unspoken truce. He could play that game just as well as she.

Even as Iara spoke it was Zaid that relaxed. She may be looking through them, but this was the part in life that Zaid had been born to play. He was a negotiator, a Pad, a male among males - or rather, it's what he'd been trained to be. This part of the meeting didn't bother him like the stiff backed male next to Zephyr. "Iara, I would be worried if you did. Your daughters are the brightest stars I have ever seen and I know I spoke for Kou when I say that they should be given the best there is to offer in a mate, even if it isn't us."

It would have broken him, but Zaid would leave her be if it made Talise happy.

Zephyr sighed dramatically. "I'm afraid Talise is right. We'll all have to go, and that might just cause a scene." She shrugged, acting as innocent as a pit viper. Her grin never disappeared. "Not that I would mind. It would give me a chance to show off my widdle Koukoko-"

"I believe what Zephyr means to say is that any sort of activities you have in mind is fine with us." The thought of a challenge struck him as something to be worried over, but if the others weren't so worried, should he really be?

He rose and turned to Zaid. "Come then, let's go gather something to eat."

Zaid nuzzled Talise's neck once more before rising himself. "Do we have any requests? No, wait, I know just the thing. Let's go big guy."

And with that the sleek romantic led the darker, muscular lion away from the females to gather something quick from the hunters.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:11 am
Painted Moose

Iara only laughed softly at her daughter’s antics. Leave it to Zephyr to keep sass no matter what the situation was, “I hope nothing like that happens.” She grinned, “But if so you know of a good healer around here that’s already had to patch one of these two up. Right, Zaid?” Ever so sweetly the healer nodded towards the other male before stretching. It amused her greatly to see the bickering between her daughter and Kou. They really would have a fun relationship and she hoped the gods would bless it and keep it strong, “Once she’s set her mind on something my daughter could swim all the oceans for it.” Commented Iara with a small smile, both of her daughters would.

Hearing Zaid’s words Talise bumped him roughly, “Guess it is you though silly.” She nipped at his shoulder. She never wanted to have to imagine anyone than Zaid at her side. The silly lion. He was all she wanted and all she could ask for in a mate. Looking over at her sister the lioness nodded, “It would be pretty eventful that’s true.” Like Iara she had to hide the grin which appeared at the teasing Zephyr gave to her beau.

“Good deal.” Smiling Iara watched as the two males disappeared from sight before turning to her daughters, “So any idea of what to do with them before I can approve?” Her tail waved playfully in the air as her gaze held a brilliant light in it. Even now with her cubs grown up Iara was still mostly a cub herself at times.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:52 pm
Zephyr grinned. "Since it's the winter season I say they should go find the biggest fish they can, or maybe see how far they can swim in the stormiest time, or maybe even see if they can catch a sea monster."

Her wild tales would no doubt only grow as she spun them. With the men gone all Zephyr could do was think of outrageous tasks for her beau to accomplish for her affections, of which she knew he would. There was nothing she wouldn't do for him, nor he for her, and that brought her more joy than anything in the world. "Or maybe..." She trailed off, talking like an old gossip.

Zaid knocked himself into Koukakala with a cheesy grin. "This isn't so bad, right? She's not this crazy lady Zephyr made her out to be." Though he knew now without a shred of a doubt the female had to have been joking about her mother. The love those girls showed to her was undeniable. It made him remember his own mother, and crave her company all the more. Maybe one day he would be able to see her again, and show her his charming mate.

"What are we going to tell the hunters? They'll ask questions about us if we just take from their hoard." They wouldn't have enough time to freely gather what they wanted, after all.

Koukakala snorted. "Zephyr is a wild spirit, but a liar isn't one of them. Iara has a core that is as hard as stone, but she isn't cold. She reminds me of the sea, with daughters water to bring in life, and another to tear it out." Of course he had chosen the wild one, but then again, was it not the stones of a cliff face that could survive the gale?

Still he smiled. "We'll come up with something. Surely the females aren't the only ones who can spin a tale."

And with both of the males smiling at one another they went off in search of a meal to impress their mother-in-law.

(Fin)

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff