Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Update on my RES Turtle *Now with Pictures*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:59 am
My RES turtle is getting a tank upgrade today! biggrin The 60 gallon tank that I have him in has sprung a leak. I have a feeling the reason it did was because of that plastic bar that goes across the tank to prevent bowing was broken. The fix I did on it lasted a bit over a year though. I decided to just get a new tank rather than go through the trouble of resealing it when a leak will eventually occur again because of that broken support bar. Today after I get off of work, I'll be getting him a 75 or 90 gallon tank! biggrin He will not know what to do with all that space to swim around in! biggrin I'm so excited! I will post pictures of him in the new tank at some point tonight or tomorrow. biggrin He won't be a very happy turtle during the move from one tank to the other, but he will be much happier once he is in the new one. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:48 am
I got a 90 gallon tank. biggrin Wartortle seemed to be thinking "What the hell?" When he went into the water for the first time (I put him on his floating dock when I put him in there). He sat at the bottom of the tank and looked up and down for a while. When he finally swam to the top, he stayed around the dock for quite some time. He was finally starting to explore around the tank a little bit when I went to bed. I haven't uploaded the pictures onto photobucket yet. I was so exhausted when I was finished (had work in the morning, and didn't finish with everything with the new tank until about 10:30 pm. Thankfully I had gotten a sink-to-tank hose so I didn't have to fill it with buckets. I'm so glad I bought that.). I will upload the pictures to photobucket today and will post them either tonight or tomorrow morning. biggrin  

CrissAngelLover12345

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:40 am
Here are a bunch of pictures of the new tank as well as of Wartortle in it! biggrin

Shortly after I started filling it:

User Image

User Image

After it was filled:

User Image

Wartortle after putting him in (I put him on his dock)

User Image

User Image

After he went in the water:

User Image

User Image

User Image

The morning after:

The tank no longer cloudy:

User Image

User Image

Wartortle:

User Image