Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Newbie, Supporting, Training, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Welcome!
Submit Recipes, Poetry, and More to the NSTG Monthly! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tulja

Colorful Vampire

19,475 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:30 pm
So i dont know if youd call this a story or a poem but i heard it in a dream and remembered it when i was sitting on the beach staring at the ocean, so i wrote it down in my sketch book and decided to share it.
----------------------------------------------------
I sometimes think mankind is dangerously arrogant.
We do a few sums, then we claim to understand the universe.
We measure the spaces between the stars and declare them empty.
We set a limit on infinity.
We are like the occupants of a closed room; having worked out everything within the range of our knowledge, we announce that the room and its contents are all that exists.
Nothing beyond. Nothing unseen or unknown, incalculable or ineffable. This is it.
Then every so often the veil gets lifted- the curtain gets twitched- and gives us a glimpse, just a glimpse, of something more. As if someone wishes to show us how narrow is our vision, how meaningless the boundaries we have set for ourselves.

Thank you for reading. I spend a lot of time thinking about this. I hope you do too.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:50 pm
Ebania
Absolutely! Anything you want. smile

somi-the-wuzz
Are reviews of comic series and webcomics alright too? (I also have ideas for a book review or two but one needs to wait until I'm more awake and the other until I get the book back from a friend)

Thank you for mentioning me in the NTSG Spotlighters September 2016 heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart  

yummycupcakessparkles

Sparkly Gaian

11,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Eternal Rebellion
Crew

Inquisitor

8,750 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:31 pm
Tulja

Hello, I saw your poem featured on the newsletter and I wanted to say how much I loved it - I hope to read more of your work in the future! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:19 am
Eternal Rebellion

Hello, I saw your poem featured on the newsletter and I wanted to say how much I loved it - I hope to read more of your work in the future! heart

Ohdayum.
User ImageHello, thank you so much. Id love to do my work on your abbs *cough* I mean yeah. O♡O Ill work hard.  

Tulja

Colorful Vampire

19,475 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

BloodBrideQueen

Shirtless Bachelorette

8,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Party Animal 100
  • Timely Contributor 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:26 pm
I have wonderful recipes for all Hershey lovers!
Chocolate Swirl Lollipop Cookies
Kisses* macaroon cookies and so much more
whisper me for a recipe from my cookbook  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:33 am
I don't have Really good things to say to "impress" anyone but,I want to Say I'm over A year clean and sober,From all illegal Drugs And Tapering off my own Meds...That are Prescribed by a doctor to me ..U guys help me so much It's going to be my birthday on the first of December and Family friends Are over 90 and dying on me emo which is Not just bad for also. my love for them but, My $500 steady a month Little check Will no longer be available to me ...Like Oxygen that was taken from me...My Only money source was cut off...But I'm not going to use Over it ...No longer an option ...I'm happy to be alive to talk about my money problems today and no longer My drug problem -also... Gaia is my new vice... It's what keeps my sanity... And I think it is the lesser of 2 evils For sure I think... And I managed to get a New passion for the art of mosaics.I get to Make broken Shards of glass into Works of Art... & I love it.Still searching for true love But,@ least I have the time to do that Now the right way... U guys keep me going ... And I just stopped.. U Guys R my NA/AA. I don't know what else to say.. but,I No longer curse god...Everything happens for a reason...Good or bad...ty For allowing me to post."I am no greater than my thoughts ...I love u all... heart  

tilasexcattCR

Desirable Sex Symbol

24,890 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Waffles! 25

Amaya Zarra

Timid Werewolf

7,625 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:52 am

I wanted to contribute something here, so I was looking through some of my old writings. I liked to use figurative language and imagery a lot...so don't take it literal. sweatdrop Anyway, heres a little something from long long ago:

The Beast

Can't you hear her calling?
Crying out to you.
Heart breaking to pieces,
longing just for you.
Cutt, lining down her chest,
red crimson beads, dripping to the crest.
Bloody hands reaching out,
grabbing for something she's without.
Screams of ones lost, ringing out
in her fears that she keeps so dear.
Waves of pain leaps out against her soul,
memories flooding back in.
Agony tears from under the skin,
she frails as she tries to hold the beast in.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:53 pm
Tulja
So i dont know if youd call this a story or a poem but i heard it in a dream and remembered it when i was sitting on the beach staring at the ocean, so i wrote it down in my sketch book and decided to share it.
----------------------------------------------------
I sometimes think mankind is dangerously arrogant.
We do a few sums, then we claim to understand the universe.
We measure the spaces between the stars and declare them empty.
We set a limit on infinity.
We are like the occupants of a closed room; having worked out everything within the range of our knowledge, we announce that the room and its contents are all that exists.
Nothing beyond. Nothing unseen or unknown, incalculable or ineffable. This is it.
Then every so often the veil gets lifted- the curtain gets twitched- and gives us a glimpse, just a glimpse, of something more. As if someone wishes to show us how narrow is our vision, how meaningless the boundaries we have set for ourselves.

Thank you for reading. I spend a lot of time thinking about this. I hope you do too.

I really admire your train of thought! I wonder about this quite a lot too, but I don't have the ability to phrase it so well. wink This is us trying to comprehend the incomprehensible.  

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

19,675 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

speedr8cer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:54 am
I'm a little rusty but here's a couple of shorts

~Dreamer's Desire

I keep on dreaming, but my dreams keep fading away.
Back to reality I go, all work and no play.
End of the night I lay my head to rest, sleeping from night til day.
In my dreams I hear your voice, holding on to every word you say.
I smile in my sleep, happy to see you once more.
The alarm goes off, and you start to fade behind closed doors.
I wake up, wishing I was still alseep.
I hit the snooze, but 5 minutes later all I hear is the beep.
My day starts a new, waiting for it to end,
just so I can dream, and have another moment with you again <3

~Forgetful Dreams

Trying hard to remember, but my dreams tend to let me down.
When I sleep she's nowhere to be found.
A lost memory of someone who never was.
I hold on for some reason, just because.
It's just not meant to be,
yet my mind still holds on, waiting...to be set free.
Her face becomes a blur and soon I will forget,
the first dream we had together, the moment we met.
Her name? I never knew.
As hard as I try, I could never find you.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:09 pm
emotion_omnomnom Maduros Platanos Recipe emotion_omnomnom

This is a pretty popular and simple Cuban snack. It's really yummy!

Ingredients:

• 2-4 Very Ripe Plantains (The peels should be black in color)
  • Sugar
  • Cinnamon
  • 2/3 cup Vegetable Oil (lard or coconut oil work too )

Directions:

• Put about 2/3 cup Vegetable oil in a pan or skillet over Medium/High heat.
  • In a small bowl, mix equal parts sugar and cinnamon
  • On a plate, cut plantains into bias (diagonal) 1-inch pieces
  • Drop one plantain at a time into the bowl, and coat it lightly in the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Return coated plantain to plate. Repeat until all
    pieces are covered.
  • With a pair of tongs, carefully drop each piece into the hot oil. Flip when the bottom has become golden brown and caramelized. The darker you let the plantains fry, the sweeter they will be. I prefer mine to be dark brown/ black, other prefer golden brown.

* optional: serve with sour cream, powdered sugar, or a little chocolate syrup.

Ebony Void

OG Noob

Madeleine Heilburg

Dainty Spirit

21,140 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:53 am
Exploring the world will never mean

Hello everyone and happy srping to all!
I thought I wanted to share some of my new art here, and just say that I love being part of this guild. You're all wonderful people and I love watching it when you all unfold you creativity biggrin
P.S: It's a rather big picture sweatdrop
It's Madeleine as a maid ^^
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

as much as when I'm with you.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:17 pm
I would like to submit a book review. I read this book 11 years ago for my high school English class. The book is called, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. The book has lots of symbolism of special objects used in the book . The genre is mystery/detective so it's a really fun read. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves to read during the summer, or needs to pick a book for their summer school homework.  

yummycupcakessparkles

Sparkly Gaian

11,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Creeped

Fluffy Vegan

18,275 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:51 am
Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake

For the Sponge

75g Dairy Free Spread (I find Vitalite works best)
70g Caster Sugar
3tbsp Smooth Apricot Jam
150g Vanilla Soya Yoghurt (I use Alpro)
175g Good Quality Self-Raising Flour
2tsp Baking Powder

For the Filling

125g Dairy Free Block Butter
250g Icing Sugar (Plus extra to dust)
4-5tbp Strawberry / Raspberry Jam

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 325° F / 160° C / 140° Fan / Gas 3.
2. Grease & line a 6" round tin.
3. Cream together the dairy free spread and sugar until pale and creamy.
4. Add the apricot jam and yoghurt and mix well until combined. It will look like it's curdled at this point, but don't worry it will come together when you add the flour.
5. Finally add the flour & baking powder and mix thoroughly until smooth.
6 .Carefully spoon the batter into the tin and bake for around 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack, with the crust facing upwards.
8. Whilst it cools make the buttercream filling by creaming together the butter block and the icing sugar, ideally in a stand mixer until creamy and fluffy.
9. When the cake is completely cool, using a large sharp knife or leveller, carefully split the cake into 2 layers.
10. Spread a thick layer of buttercream on the cut surface of each layer.
11. Then spread jam over the buttercream on one of the slices and then sandwich together.
12. Finally dust the top with icing sugar & enjoy!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:27 pm
Recipe Submission: Classic Garlic Bread

Makes 2 baguettes

For the baguettes:

Canola oil, for greasing
250 grams bread flour
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt

For the garlic butter:

12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
3 to 4 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley

Instructions:

1. Start by making the baguettes. Lightly oil a large bowl and set it aside. In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the flour, yeast, and salt. While mixing the dough at a slow speed, slowly add water, a 1/8 cup at a time, but do not exceed 3/4 cup, until the dough comes together. Turn the speed to medium and continue mixing for about 5 minutes, until you have a smooth, elastic dough.

2. Shape the dough into a ball, transfer it to the oiled bowl, and cover the whole thing with a tea towel. Leave the dough until it has doubled in size, about 1 hour.

While the dough rises, make a makeshift baguette tray (or, if you already have one, flour it lightly). Find three paper towel holders (or roll up three kitchen towels) and place them equidistant on a baking sheet, then cover them with baking parchment. The two gaps between the rolls will form pockets to hold your dough as it rises, helping the baguettes keep their shape.

3. Once your dough has doubled in size in the bowl, tip the dough onto a floured work surface and cut it into two equal-sized pieces. Try not to knock too much air out -- this is what will create those lovely air pockets in your baguette.

Gently flatten one piece of dough into an oblong shape and, starting at one end, fold one third into the center, then fold the other third so that they two ends meet in the middle without overlapping. Then, fold in half lengthwise, like a hot dog. Place the dough seam-side down and gently roll it out so that the ends taper slightly. Place it on the prepared baguette tray. Repeat with the second piece of dough.

4. Put the tray inside a clean plastic bag or plastic wrap to keep it warm and leave to proof for an hour. Meanwhile, heat your oven to 425° F.

When the baguettes have doubled in size, remove the tray from the plastic bag, and, if using a makeshift tray, remove the rolls or tea towels, unless using a baguette tray. Score the tops with five diagonal cuts and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden -- you don't want too dark a color as you'll be baking them again with the garlic butter. Remove the bread from the oven and cool on a wire rack.

5. While the baguettes are baking, make your garlic butter. In a medium bowl, use a fork to mash together the butter and garlic. Stir in the parsley until well combined, then shape the mixture into a cylinder 1 to 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate until ready to use.

When the baguettes are out of the oven and have cooled completely, use a serrated knife to cut incisions about an inch apart along the length of each baguette, making sure not to cut the whole way through.

6. Remove your garlic butter from the fridge, unwrap it, and cut it into thin slices. Wedge a slice between each slit in the bread, then loosely wrap each baguette in tin foil.

Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 425º F, opening the foil for the last few minutes to crisp the top.

7. Enjoy it warm, or keep it wrapped in foil in a bread box for a later day. It will keep for about two days.

To avoid charges of plagiarism/credit where it's due, this recipe obtained from the Food52 website.  

Emmett Khan

Friendly Guildsman

8,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100

Emmett Khan

Friendly Guildsman

8,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:06 pm
Recipe Submission: Pan Fried Lamb Chop with XO Sauce
Serves 4 people

Ingredients:
4 pieces (about 375g) of lamb chops
2 cloves of garlic
1 stalk of parsley, finely chopped
4 tbsp of Way-On Scallop XO sauce*

Marinade:
2 tbsp of light soy sauce
½ tbsp of sugar
½ tbsp of Shaoxing cooking wine
½ tbsp of sesame oil
Black pepper & salt to taste

Instructions:
1. Marinade lamb chops for about 30 minutes.

2. Heat up wok, put in oil and garlic, and pan-fry the lamb chops in hot oil until golden on both sides. Then add in XO sauce and mix well with lamb chops.

3. Sprinkle parsley on top then serving immediately.

Note:
*Way-On Scallop XO sauce can be replaced with Jack Daniels Barbecue Sauce, Cognac BBQ Sauce or any other type of alcoholic BBQ sauce.

To avoid charges of plagiarism/credit where it's due, this recipe obtained from the SeeWoo website and modified.  
☆ Welcome!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff