Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Newbie, Supporting, Training, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Welcome!
Submit Original Content to the NSTG Monthly! (Upd. 12-12-17) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Captain

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:52 pm
Hello, NSTG members!

Is there something that deserves a spotlight in an upcoming NSTG Newsletter? By all means -- share with us! We'd love to broadcast your original content to the NSTG community at large, including:

• Prose, poetry, art
    • Recipes or DIY
    • A review of a film or book
    • And anything else you can create and share!

We want to give you, our awesome members, more representation in our publications; they are, after all, for you. Keep in mind that this is not an advertising space; rather, it is a space in the Newsletter dedicated to you and your friends.

We can't wait to see what you share! If your submission is selected, we'll contact you and will definitely give you credit in the Newsletter. smile And you never know! The generous NSTG Fairy is always at large...

Your friend,

Ebania
    NSTG Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:14 pm
User ImageThis is my favorite Knock Knock joke (but I didn't write it, I don't know who did):
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Olive.
Olive who?
Olive YOU! heart

JoyRose
Vice Captain

Loved Lightbringer

32,990 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Haiba Lev

Charitable Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:25 pm
Hmm, I wanna try kicking things off with a review!

There is a game called The Room that is in the app stores for $1.99! It is, as the creators called it, "a physical puzzler, wrapped in a mystery game, inside a beautifully tactile 3D world." The moment I opened the app on my phone, I was greeted by seemingly ominous, unsettling music that was hellbent on luring me in, which is exactly what it did. The setting of the game is in a pitch-black room, with the only source of light being a blinding spotlight that focuses on a wooden craft of sorts. It is in this room that everything begins. The user is taken through a quick tutorial, which almost immediately leads him to a peculiar note, a key, and an interesting eyepiece with a hint to its usage, which is the first stumping puzzle. The music becomes ominous and haunting enough to send chills down the user's back, but for some reason, the user gets drawn in. The moment one puzzle is solved, more puzzles arrive, along with confusing notes like the first. It drags him into a frenzy of wanting to find more and more answers. While it may sound a little frustrating, it's actually very challenging and fun! The puzzles are very doable (hardly as vexing as many games out there) and for the most part, the user doesn't have to look for walkthroughs. I have found that the chilling atmosphere, the amazing graphics, and ornate machine puzzles definitely exceeded the money's worth, as it was able to give a very powerful experience.

(The trailer can be viewed here, though it's definitely not as great as the actual game!)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:07 am
Just because I am a Harry Potter nerd to the max and it's been a full year since the last movie came out, here is the Pumpkin Juice recipe from the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook. Which I happen to own. c:

Pumpkin Juice

Ingredients
      1 small pie pumpkin or 1 cup canned pumpkin
      1 cup grape juice
      1 cup pineapple juice
      2 cups apple juice

1. If using fresh pumpkin, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Split pumpkin in half, remove the seeds and place pumpkin cut-side down on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, or until soft.
      2. When pumpkin is cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh. Discard the skin. Using a spatula, press flesh through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl. Scrape and mash as you push; it will take several minutes. Continue until you have 1 cup of pumpkin. Discard the pulpy mass in the sieve. (Or simply use canned pumpkin to begin with.)
      3. Pour juices and pumpkin into a pitcher; stir well until combined completely. Chill. Serve over ice.

Makes 5 cups
      Per cup: 120 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g cholesterol, 1 g protein, 29 g carbohydrate, 27 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 15 mg sodium, 15 mg calcium.

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

16,975 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:16 am
I was a hard-boiled dame, he was a hard-boiled detective... and we both liked hard-boiled eggs.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:33 am
Wow, y'all are awesome! Those are some great submissions! :O  

Ebania
Captain

Sarcastic Prophet

Xx_Give_Me_Hugs_xX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:49 pm
Mom: *eats last bag of chips*
Me: NO! MOM! THAT WAS THE LAST BAG OF CHIPS!
Mom: Calm the hell down, we can always buy more!
Me: *eats last bag of chips* Mom: GOD DAMMIT WE DONT JUST HAVE MONEY TO PARADE AROUND AND BUY YOUR FAT a** MORE FOOD YOU ARE TEARING THIS FAMILY APART

Dad: It's the summer now, Hannah, you should get a job
Me: But if I do that, I'll have money for drugs and alcohol and then I'll get hooked on them and when I'm fired because of my unreliability I'll have to become a prostitute to fund my addictions. Do you want that? Because right now my only problem is laziness
Dad: ........ *walks away*

My girlfriend asked me to propose to her in front of the whole sports bar last night.
As soon as I got down on one knee, somebody shouted, "Go!"
So I sprinted through the door as fast as I could.

~Joke Creds to some Secret App that may not be released>.<
But Hope They Made Yall Laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:06 pm
I'll post a couple of recipes that are staples in our house, separately to make it easier.

Slow-Cooker Chicken Chili
Ingrediants:
4 chicken breast halves
Salsa
Cumin
Chili Powder
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
1 Can Pinto Beans
1 Can Mexican-Style Corn

Cooking Method:
* Arrange Chicken Breast in bottom of the Slow Cooker, preferably in a single layer.
* Cover Chicken with Salsa. Note: The more salsa you add, the more liquid-y the resulting chili will be.
* Add above spices: Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder to the amount desired. My typical mixture is: 3-4 tablespoons Chili Powder, and 1 tablespoon of the rest.
* Close lid on Slow-Cooker and cook on low for 8-12 hours, or on high 6-8 hours.
* About an hour before serving, take chicken out of the Slow Cooker and shred with forks.
* Replace shredded chicken into Slow Cooker, add Pinto Beans and Corn.
* Cook on Low for 1 more hour.
* Serve and Enjoy!

Notes:
- If you stop right after shredding, this meat can be used for chicken burritos.
- If you've never shredded chicken before, just take two forks, one in each hand, and place them next to each other while piercing the chicken. Then, move away from each other, and the meat should slice apart accordingly.  

oneia

Playful Gaian

oneia

Playful Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:14 pm
Bahama Mama Pork Chops
Ingredients:
Vegetable Oil
4 Pork Chops
1 Can Diced Pineapple
1 Jar Chili Sauce (I've only seen Heinz in stores)
Raisins
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp Corn Starch

Cooking Method:
* Open can of Diced Pineapple partially. Drain juices into mixing bowl and whisk together with Corn Starch.
* Add Diced Pineapple, Chili Sauce, Raisins, Cinnamon. Stir together and set aside.
* Add enough oil to coat bottom of cooking pan, heat on medium until the oil starts to get a shimmery effect.
* Add Pork Chops. Cook until browned (approx 4-5 minutes on each side)
* Remove Pork Chops. Drain oil from pan.
* Replace Pork Chops into cooking pan. Add Pineapple Mixture on top of Pork Chops.
* Cover Pan (either with lid or aluminum foil). Let simmer for 15 minutes.
* Uncover, take off heat, and serve.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:58 pm
Are reviews of comic series and webcomics alright too? (I also have ideas for a book review or two but one needs to wait until I'm more awake and the other until I get the book back from a friend)  

somi-the-wuzz

Dangerous Pumpkin

X_wishing_well_X

7,375 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:24 pm
(I found this joke somewhere, and I tell it like all the time)

Q :What's brown and sticky?
A: A STICK!

Too funny.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:27 pm
Absolutely! Anything you want. smile

somi-the-wuzz
Are reviews of comic series and webcomics alright too? (I also have ideas for a book review or two but one needs to wait until I'm more awake and the other until I get the book back from a friend)

Ebania
Captain

Sarcastic Prophet

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:32 pm
I don't know if this even counts as something I can submit, but I got this really weird and kinda cute pencil bag at Walmart that I adore. I thought I might as well share it with everyone. I also named it Alice xD
Please excuse the bad images as they were taken with my laptop camera and the lighting in my room sucks.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:31 pm
Please check out my poem "Individual" in the forums! Just posted today!

Link:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/arena/writing/poetry-and-lyrics/vote/?entry_id=102770799#  

Rexy_18

Rexy_18

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:33 pm
Also, I would like HONEST feedback. Don't be afraid to tell me what needs improving! That's how writers grow!  
☆ Welcome!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff