Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
I'm back... sort of?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ailinea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:26 am
I don't know if anyone remembers me, but here I am. I've been hanging around the Pets! forum for a while and totally forgot about the guild! Grr, I wish Gaia didn't treat Guilds like the red-headed stepchild of the site.

Anyway, for a while I was too busy to be on at all - I got a job as a wildlife rehabber! I loved it, it was my dream job. I resigned recently because on top of my already full time job and the rehab job, I was working upwards of 70 hours a week, especially when baby season rolled around, and it was really taking a toll on my personal life and health.

So I decided to take a break for that, and because I'M GOING TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL TO GET MY VET TECH CERTIFICATE!! I'm so excited. The director of the rehab keeps trying to convince me that I don't need to take the classes, that I can learn everything I need at the wildlife center, but this would just be a dream come true... to have a vet tech certificate to fall back on if things get dire, and I can get some more of the procedures we use down in a classroom setting. Plus, one of my volunteers is PAYING FOR ALL OF IT. Omg. I could not pass that up. I still can't believe it until I received the check in the mail yesterday. So freaking excited! But so nervous... most nervous about blood draws; I couldn't even get a vein in big animals like javelina, coyotes, and bobcats a lot of the time for euthanasias. But practice makes perfect? Might be coming to you for advice some day, Miss Gabby, haha.

Anyway, now that I have more free time, hoping to hang out some more and keep my animal knowledge going on.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:50 am
Welcome back! That is so exciting! I'm sure you'll do fine and get the hang of it soon enough! biggrin  

CrissAngelLover12345

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff