Dorin felt quite good about himself. He was safe at home, safe in a den, and the pride was coming bad like a damaged n** plant. Most excellent, in the cheerful dwarf's mind. He was young, freshly grown into his mane and battleseasoned, barely, but hey, he was young, fresh, cheery. Storytellers could be heard sharing tales, warriors moved about-- life was good. Dorin himself was planning to hunt, prove his battle-worthiness with a large beast of prey, or maybe even catch an opponent off guard. He puffed his young chest, trotting contentedly. Yes! He was a proud warrior!

Shuu Mei trot down along through the dens, Man'Tah close to her side as they trot. They were almost twins, bonded closely-- Man'Tah for her lost family and funny name to old bloods, and Shuu Mei for... Being girly-named herself. Plus... Shuu Mei was there when Orin found her... She felt a kinship to the lioness. The black and white beside her moved along as well, both humming as they entered the main aea, and blinked at a young male strutting on his way out, almost prancing. Shuu Mei blinked, Man'Tah smiling and chuckling.

"Well it appears someone's mane just grew in." Man'Tah remarked. Shuu giggled, the females smiling, and Dorin turned, looking crestfallen. Girls! Why were girls giggling at him?! The poor male looked a bit deflated, eying them.

"I'm a warrior... I'm strong!" He protested. Shuu Mei giggled again.

"You strut like an elf."

More giggles, though Man'Tah nudged her seeing the male's horrified face, shaking her head. As the eldest in the area (Beyond Onundr, somewhere...) she felt responsibility to TRY maturity.

"You show off too much, friend." Man'Tah smiled, walking over. Shuu Mei watched her as she moved with care, Dorin blinking at her as well. Man'Tah sat, squaring her shoulders.

"Sit, square back and carry confidence."

Silence, however, both lions did. Man'Tah seemed surprised at Shuu Mei, but didn't protest. The older female nodded.

"Breath in, breath out, take your time and be patient, it isn't difficult to lose yourself in cockiness. Be calm, all will work out." Her tone was even and calm. She was a warrior at home, she would teach this male, too. Shuu Mei looked to Dorin, the younger male looking back. Neither had known much really, about the black and white, even if Shuu Mei was a constant by her friend's side. Satisfied by the obedience, Man'Tah nodded, a silent welcome to rise to both and she beckoned they follow.

"So..." Dorin whispered to Shuu Mei, the pale female looking to him.

"Who is she?"

"Man'Tah? She was an outsider, like me, brought in to help the pride." The female ducked a vine as the moved. Dorin huffed a bit.

"Outsider, huh? She must keep a lot to herself."

"Aye. But a good woman. Strong fighter. Her name's Man'Tah. I'm Shuu Mei. You?"

"Dorin, clan Sigourney. I was born before the fires." The burnt-orange maned male noted. Shuu Mei nodded, and looked out towards Man'Tah again, the older female moved them outside of the caves.

Dorin flinched as the light hit his eyes, used to light filtering through cracks, and sunlight was tricky at best, the male blinking as he adjusted. Shuu Mei was similarly squinting, but Man'Tah looked back.

"You're hesitating. An enemy could kill you by now. Rely on your nose, not your eyes."

Both younger lions blinked in surprise, exchanging looks before looking back to the warrior, moving after her scent carefully. Man'Tah spared no quarter, and the younger shared looks as they followed her, blinking.

"So how is she not a patriarch?" Shuu Mei sighed.

"Girls... Can't take clans." Dorin blinked. "It's a man's job, because the males who serve as the Patriarchs are the King's Council. I'm not sure if it would change." He looked out, blinking. Shuu Mei sighed.

"So, what? We're not smart enough?"

"No... No, you are. But..." He sighed. "I dunno. It's tradition. For lifetimes."

"Huh."

Both pairs of eyes turned to Man'Tah again, the older female looking back after a moment.

"Food's close."

Three bodies dropped, noses twitching as indeed, a herd of zebra could be scented, and they began to stalk in silence. A weaker zebra trailed back, and the trio charged, though Man'Tah let the younger pair push past, watching as Shuu Mei startled it away towards Dorin, whom leapt on it, killing it quickly, and the female nodded, before dodging hooves, pouncing a zebra and biting for the kill as the herd fled. The three panted, exchanging looks, and Man'Tah smiled.

"Team Work is always good." She nodded. Carefully, she shouldered the zebra she caught. "Dens?"

"Yes!" Dorin perked. "May I carry it?" He asked, hopefully. Shuu Mei rolled her eyes, Man'Tah nodding.

"Why not?"

Dorin made a sound of delight, and shouldered the kill quickly before the three began to move back. The trail was easier to follow, and soon the cool embrace of the caves welcomed them home, moving inside carefully as they brought the food inside.

"You did well for a first time in a group, Dorin." Man'Tah noted. Dorin blinked in surprise.

"How did--"

"You move like an adolescent. You move too cautiously, and too jerkily. It is best to remain smooth and calm. Not always, but in a hunt or battle, poise helps. Even Dwarven Poise. If you need n**, partake, for the gods' sakes." Man'Tah spoke softly and firmly to him, eyes focused. Dorin blinked.

"I... okay." He blinked some.

"Can you teach me more?"

Shuu Mei giggled.

"Of course she can."

Man'Tah blinked.

"You're hanging out with us now, and we're top tier grade-A warriors. So are you! Clearly, you must chill with us." Shuu Mei nodded. Dorin beamed, nuzxzling both.

"I'D LOVE THAT!" He beamerd, puffing up some. Shuu Mei perked, and head-butt back, both lions purring. Man'Tah blinked, sighing. WHAT had she been volunteered for now? Really?

"Fine, fine, I'm outvoted." The female shook her head. The younger pair seemed to dance around one another, cheering merrily as they did so, and Man'Tah sighed, following them as they danced for the dens with Dorin's kill.

This was going to be one very long day.