Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]
[PRP] Not Completely Lost (Jayani x Llugaeron)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Jayani's nose twitched as she did her best to figure out just where she was. She knew that she was barely away from the temple, so the scent of her fellow colony leopards was all around her. Heck, she could smell her mate's scent, as well as little whiffs of her adorable cubs. Still, the white leopard was hopeless when it came to directions.

With a sigh, she walked fowards towards a tree, intent on finding a little stream. She was thirsty, and if she could figure out a good stream to guide her home....no. That wouldn't work. What if she followed it in the wrong direction? Then she would still be lost.

"I'm hopeless," she grumped a bit, her tail twitching slightly. Her ears were sagging in defeat as she determined that perhaps she should never really leave the old temple, unless it was with Farraginis.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:50 pm
LLUGAERON

The pink leopard was a part of the colony, there was no denying that. He and his sister had been born there, lived their lives their, and their mother as well. Always in the temple, always in the colony, always with the others.

It was enough to make Llugaeron want as much time to himself as he could get. He didn't usually go far from the colony, but he did favor the highest trees possible, if only because not everyone had the skill to get up where the branches became thin and weak.

As he was getting ready to move from one tree to the next, the leopard spotted something white down below on the forest floor. He craned his neck for a better look...

...and misplaced his forepaw.

CRASH. THUNK. RUSTLERUSTLE. CRASH.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:22 pm
Whatever it was that Jayani had been thinking, it was wiped from her memory in that moment. Everything had been quiet...and then boom! Crash! Snap?

Jayani wasn't a super strong or brave leopard, so she just...screamed once she heard it!

Giving herself a moment to recover, she kept glancing around, trying to figure out what the heck just fell, and was it coming to eat her?! Or her babies?! Good thing they were hiding, but still!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:28 pm
Smaller branches whipped him as he fell and Llugaeron's claws scrabbled against larger ones as he desperately tried to catch himself. There were repeated impacts on every part of his body but finally he landed with a suppressed "whoof" as all the air was driven out of his body and the leopard folded around the lowest branch in the tree, a mere eight feet or so off the ground. He wrapped himself around the thick piece of wood, most concerned for the moment with not falling.

Once he was certain he was secure for the moment, the leopard craned his neck downward to see where the scream had come from. The white spot he'd noticed earlier had resolved itself into a leopardess, and a vaguely familiar one at that.

"Uh...hi there," he offered sheepishly, embarrassed about his unexpected clumsiness.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:39 pm
Jayani still wasn't sure what had happened, but a voice appeared. She froze for a moment, her eyes looking up slowly towards the trees above. Then she realized that it was a colony leopard. By the looks of him, she figured that he did not mean to do that on purpose.

"Hi," she said, still a bit shaken. She tried to laugh a bit of it off, though. "Missed a branch?" she asked awkwardly, as Jayani wasn't the best climber. Heck, she could probably barely make it to where the familiar leopard was now! No, the ground was good, and the temple was the best spot. No need to get too lost anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:45 pm
"Uh...you could say that," Llugaeron allowed. It was, to be fair, the truth. Not something he was proud of at all. Well, maybe she wouldn't mention it to the rest of the colony. He could hope, right?

The pink leopard managed to get up onto the branch solidly but, considering what had just happened, he supposed he should return to the solid ground. A simple leap, a solid landing on all fours, and he was feeling much better about his chances of survival.

"I, ah, don't suppose I could ask that you not mention that...misstep?" the leopard asked once he was sure that he wasn't going to slip in the leafy litter.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:18 pm
Jayani chuckled a bit, her tail curling itself around her toes as she sad down. She was still trying to calm herself from that scare, and she felt like she wouldn't fully calm down for hours!

"Hm, you look familiar," she said as she was able to see him better once on solid ground. "At least, I recognize your coat and stuff," she added on happily.

"I won't tell," Jayani laughed once he asked for her pledge. "I get lost enough as it is, I'm not sure anyone would believe me anyway! I'm Jayani."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:22 pm
"Llugaeron," he replied, offering his own name for the exchange. He wasn't sure how to respond to her recognition of his appearance - he did have family in the colony after all, including a twin sister. And the obvious response would be that he'd seen Jayani around...

...wait a minute...

"Say...if you're Jayani...doesn't that mean you're the one with no sense of direction?" Llugaeron mused aloud. Then he realized how offensive that must sound.

"Urk, I'm sorry, I didn't mean...sorry," he apologized.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:28 pm
The white leopard felt herself flush, though her fur may have been thick enough to not let the deep pink leopard see.

"Er, yes. No! Don't worry about it. If its the truth, there's nothing wrong with saying that," Jayani said heartily. "Its alright. Everyone is willing to help me out and keep an eye on me for my...shortcoming, so I'm actually grateful for it in some ways. Plus, it keeps me on my toes."

A soft shake of her head, with a shrug of her shoulders, was all that really hinted at her own concept of what was 'wrong' with her. In the end she didn't mind, she just felt bad for Farraginis, as sweet as he was. "I've been trying to learn, but I think its best for me to just...always have the temple in my sights."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:31 pm
It was even harder to see Llugaeron's blush against his pink fur. "No, I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't have said anything," he admitted. "But keeping the temple in sight probably works well."

How did you talk to someone whose shortcomings you'd just said out loud? He felt horribly embarrassed and didn't know how to fix the situation. So he just stared at the fallen leaves on the ground.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:35 pm
Jayani nodded. "Yep, unless I'm on a hunt with someone else." Then she couldn't get lost! As she felt that the topic had been covered, she realized that her little tree visitor was seemingly overthinking the entire situation. She wanted to tell him to not worry about it, but it seemed like that may not do the trick. Instead, she would give him a way out.

"Well, I should probably return before my family worries too much about me. You seem fine, so I in turn won't worry about you at all. I'll probably run into you soon," she said with a laugh, "but hopefully not suddenly out of the treetops."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:38 pm
"Well, as long as you have someone else on those hunts," he attempted to joke. But...it seemed to fall a bit flat. At least in Llugaeron's mind.

"Sounds like a good idea," the pink leopard said aloud. "I think I'll just...sit here for a bit." He realized he should say something in parting.

"At least I can't fall down any further!" he offered.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:55 pm
"Nope. At least you're on the ground for the moment," the white leopard laughed. "I'll see you sometime."

She nodded to him, uncurling her tail as she stretched a bit. She could see hints of the old temple through the trees, and left Llugaeron with a nod. She would be happy to have time to rest her poor confused brain.  
[IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games