Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Pokemon Academy

Back to Guilds

This is a discussion guild for all aspects of Pokemon - games, anime, TCG, fan art, etc. We even have a roleplay and minigame forum. 

Tags: Pokemon, games, anime, discussion, roleplaying 

Reply Gaian Pokemon Academy
The Fairy Typing HAS Been Confirmed!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Justinian The Great

Risky Teenager

11,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:40 pm
After months of rumours and speculation, Nintendo has just confirmed that Pokemon X and Y will have a brand new Pokemon type - Fairy.

This will upset a number of fans who were disappointed to hear that Nintendo might be upsetting the careful balance the Pokemon series has become known for.

As was rumoured previously, Fairy-type is super effective against Dragon-type Pokemon.

It also confirms that Eevee's latest evolution type - Slyveon - is a Fairy type Pokemon. New to Pokemon X and Y, Slyveon will learn a move called Moonblast, a Fairy-type attack that lowers Sp Atk.

Nintendo also confirmed that Jigglypuff, Marill and Gardevoir will become Fairy-type Pokemon in Pokemon X and Y.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:01 pm
I was really hoping for sound-type, as well!

xTwilightTulip

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Justinian The Great

Risky Teenager

11,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:05 pm
xTwilightTulip
I was really hoping for sound-type, as well!

I know how you feel. That was my first choice for a new typing. I had a cool idea for two Sound/Fighting types. Beatboxen--->Boomboxer  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:24 pm
I just figured, a Fairy/Light-type AND a Sound-type made a lot of sense. Still have a little bit of hope, but doubtful they'd announce a new one separately.

xTwilightTulip

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Justinian The Great

Risky Teenager

11,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:51 pm
xTwilightTulip
I just figured, a Fairy/Light-type AND a Sound-type made a lot of sense. Still have a little bit of hope, but doubtful they'd announce a new one separately.

I can see what you mean. It makes a lot of sense. I was also hoping for another typing super-effective towards electricity, they only have 1 still.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:54 pm
I'm so happy that they announced Fairy as a new type.
I'm surprised they hadn't released a new one sooner to be honest. I mean it has been over 10 years since they introduced Dark & Steel in Generation II.

- - i - S p a z z z -

Shameless Regular

8,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Justinian The Great

Risky Teenager

11,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:56 pm
- - i - S p a z z z -
I'm surprised they hadn't released a new one sooner to be honest. I mean it has been over 10 years since they introduced Dark & Steel in Generation II.
I see what you mean, but I think it could have been a better typing than fairy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:54 pm
The Condor Candle
- - i - S p a z z z -
I see what you mean, but I think it could have been a better typing than fairy.

I personally would have preferred Light to Fairy. Opposite to Dark and all that.

- - i - S p a z z z -

Shameless Regular

8,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

tsundere_burstlinker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:07 pm
Ooh Fairy-Type pokemon! That is really cool and I'd like to hear more about some typings. How I wish that Pokemon will become more cooler and have more typings! And I want their pokemon to evolve into an amazing one. Not a shiz one. yum_sausage

Sausage yum_sausage with Honey is yum yum yummy  
Gaian Pokemon Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff