Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kwa Kikombe Lands

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:05 pm
User Image

Open: Monday, June 3rd
Close: Monday, June 17th

Welcome to the kick-off event for the Kwa Kikombe Lands, an IT pride that Blu Chalk and SilverLutz have been putting together for the last few months. Now that their schedules have opened up a bit, they're ready to get this pride up and running. What better way to do that than with an event? There's no better way, of course! Please read up on the pride to make sure you're up to date on how the Kwa Kikombe operate. They're a very open minded group and accept all types, but if you have any questions feel free to PM the mule, Blu, or Silver.

The Plot

Taji and Howahkan, the leaders of the pride, have opened up their lands to any passing rouge who happens by. This is a time of celebration in the pride, for it is the training season, the time where the next generation get to show off what they're made out of and hopefully impress a coach. There are a few games that are conducted, and Taji and Howa don't want to exclude anyone. As long as the participant is of age - an adolescent or adult - they can try their paw at the festivities! Cubs and juves are more than welcome to come by, but they cannot partake in the games. There's plenty of fresh game and water, so why not drop in and have some fun?

OOC

As stated above, only adols and adults can play in the games that will be offered during the RP. Cubs and juves can participate in the RP, but not in the games. As there will be prizes, please let at least one other person post before you do. We want to let everyone have an equal chance. Also, no one-liners. I know it's exciting to play for SoA, but remember that this RP can count towards a breeding, and you want to have the word requirement met, don't you?

There will be a handful of prizes to win, the first of which is raffle-style. For each post you make, your chances of winning this cutie will go up! At the end of the RP, a page will be rolled, followed by another roll for the post. The other prizes will be explained once they come up. The cubs are leopards and the mother, Baridi (owned by SilverLutz), is a member of the pride. All cubs are free to leave once they are adols, but Silver would love it if they did stay. Their father won't be playing a part in their lives.

So, let's see this raffle cub!

User Image

Again, all species are welcome! They can be passing rouges or pride members from other areas, as long as they have a reason to be out and about. No one except the prize cubs are required to join, but feel free to app for joining if you think your rouge would enjoy the pride. Just do so in the IT thread, which is linked in the image at the top of this post. Please keep it peaceful. A little competition is fine, but no violence.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:23 pm
It was a beautiful day, that much could be agreed on by all. The sun was shining but there was a lovely breeze that kept the heat from becoming too stifling, clouds would pass over the ball of heat in the sky from time to time, and a nice rain cloud the previous night had dampened the ground so it was pleasant to walk on. All in all, a perfect set-up for the opening of training season.

This time of the year was incredibly important to the Kwa Kikombe. It gave the various teams time to rest and regroup from the challenging playoff and championship games, as well as let the newcomers who were finally old enough to try out show their stuff to the coaches. There was plenty of game and water to be had, and in general it was a very happy, relaxed time for the pride.

User Image

Taji, one of the leaders of the pride, took a deep breath through his nose and let it out with a happy sigh. He was at the edge of the pride's lands, looking out into the drier and rather desolate rouge lands that stretched out before him. Surely the water and food would prompt others to stop by, at which time he'd invite them to join the festivities. He was as open and welcoming as his pride, eager to let weary travelers rest their paws and perhaps have a bit of fun while they recovered.

A few of his pride had followed him out to the border of the pride to hopefully foster a welcoming environment. There was laughter and smiles all around as old-timers and newer adolescences, brimming with energy and the desire to play, waited for enough lions and cheetahs and all other kinds of animals to join them in their fun.

[OOC: This is now open! Feel free to post and strike up conversation with those around you. The mule will indicate when new games are about to start, and Taji will be the one to kick them off. Have fun!]  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:37 pm
User Image

Kalakonji lived for challenges- his whole life was spent in races, contests, battles and more- anything that could help him train his body and make him the best he could be. But he was starting to think he had reached his peak with the rogue lands- that there were no surprises left for him to take advantage of. Win, lose, he loved to learn and grow, but what good did it really do him if it was all the same day in and day out? In all honesty, he was bored with things. Bored with his life as a roaming warrior.

Maybe if he had never fallen in love, he might have continued to be fine with his life. But he had. He had known, briefly, what having a family was like. And though it did not work out, he knew what he wanted the next step in his life to be- he wanted to have a proper family. However, he still wanted his body to stay fit. How was he going to find a home and still continue his training? It was difficult to say.

Sighing, he looked around, noticing he had wandered into an unfamiliar area. There seemed to be a lot of animals around, and they all looked pretty pumped up about something. Just seeing that got his blood pumping.

(going to have him join!)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:55 pm
User Image

Ajia'ndege couldn't believe it! It was the day! Events were going to go on! Grinning ear to ear, the leopard weaved quickly through the clamor of people, spotting the leader of the pride near the border lands.

Daring a quick look around to see where her mother was, Ajia's impish grin grew even larger, her eyes narrowing in determination. She ran through the crowd, ducking under legs and such, finally reaching the large brown lion.

In fact, miscalculating the distance, Ajia'ndege ran straight into the lions back. "Ow, oh, hey! Taji!" she yelled happily, rubbing her nose with her paw before prancing to his front to look him in the eye.

Oh, she knew she couldn't participate in the games. And she found this absolutely ridiculous. They were leaving a star player like herself out of the sport! It was an outrage! So, she settled to give Taji large eyes and tried her best at a pout.

"Taji, why can't I play in the games? I can beat them!" she hollered. It seemed that the young, sporty leopard cub was quite unaware that yelling was quite unnecessary. She simply didn't have an indoor voice.

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:47 pm
Taji watched a few rouges venture a bit closer to the lands, and smiled widely as one leopard stepped foot into his pride. Good! He shifted to stand to welcome the newcomer, but before he got very far, a little ball of fur collided with his back. He turned, eyes laughing as well as his mouth, to find Ajia picking herself up.

"Hello, rascal," he said, reaching out to ruffle her fluffy tuft of fur. He took her shouting in stride, knowing her to be a very excitable cub. "Because you are too young, my little friend," he said, giving her a gentle push with one huge paw. "You need to grow! You could hurt yourself playing with the older group, and we don't want a promising career to end before it's even begun."

He knew how she felt, as he had been in a similar situation when he had been young. Brimming with energy and willing to play, but unable to do so. That was why they had the junior training, though, where the younger cubs and pups could have mock games and learn to hone their skills early without the risk of hurting one another.

"I have a job for you," he said, standing a bit taller. "I need you to help welcome any newcomers that you happen to see, starting with that leopard there." He nodded in the spotted fellow's direction. "I want everyone to feel safe and happy here, and you're just the one for the job. Can you do that?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:32 pm
User Image

Ajia'ndege grinned up expectantly at the large lion, waiting for him to grant her the wish she so direly wanted. Ducking from underneath the paw, she stepped forward excitedly. This was it, her moment to shine. He would grant it to her!

However, her expression fell as the other stated she was too young. She frowned. "I don't see how that's got to do with anything." she hollered in outrage. Her eyes were narrowed as she full on pouted. However, her temper was quick to quell when the lion stated he had a job for her.

She looked at him with slight apprehension before finally hearing the job. Her eyes widened and soon, her grin was back in place. Before long, she was jumping up and down in excitement. "Really, really, really?" she shouted happily before sitting down and giving a mocking salute. "I can do that! I'll greet everyone!" the leopardess howled before waving a quick good-bye. "I'll see you later, Taji!" and with that, she was off to the leopard she was pointed to.

Approaching the orange, spotted leopard, she jumped in front of him, hopping to make sure he didn't over look her. "Hello, yoohoo, hi!" She yelled in attempt to grab his attention. "Welcome to Kwa Kikombe! I hope you look forward to participating in today's games!" she hollered, tail whipping in excitement and pent up energy. He was participating, wasn't he? Her eyes narrowed. "You will be participating, yes? It'd be a waste if you didn't. Not to mention a downer for all those who can't." she pointed out shrewdly, eyeing him. It just wouldn't do if someone that was perfectly old enough to play the games decided not to join.

However, she remembered what Taji said about making them feel safe and happy and quickly smiled again. "I look forward to seeing you play!" she shouted, pushing up her lucky purple bandanna out of her eyes.

SilverLutz

Cajanic

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:42 pm
User Image

Konji was not the type to be easily surprised by others, and the small leopard cub was no exception to this. He looked down at her, his face completely neutral despite the fact he was in an unknown area with someone leaping out at him from no where. Perhaps it was because his mind was always trying to focus on a million different things, and could never focus on anything long enough to really pay attention to what was going on. Thus the constantly spaced out sort of feel to him.

The only thing that seemed to gain his attention was when she mentioned games. Then his eyes focused in on her, a smile growing over his maw. “Games?’ He hummed, “Well, I didn’t know about them until just now, but if you want me to play in games, there’s no way I’m going to be able to say no!” He couldn’t possibly turn down a challenge, and it looked like many of them were eager to say the same. A pride where they held contests?

Oh, he had died and gone to leopard heaven.

“Thank you! I hope I’ll be able to show my skills! My name is Konji! What’s your name, my bouncy little sister?”
Lollipop x L u x u r y

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:42 am
User ImageKheri roamed through the crowd in an attempt to watch over his siblings and mother. It proved futile, however; when he couldn’t find one in sight. No matter where he went, he couldn’t see hide or hair of his family, making his heart pitter patter an all too well known anxiety attack.

His eyes raked through the crowd with speed, darting to and fro. They couldn’t have left him could they? Yeah, actually. He wouldn’t put it passed them to. He made his dislike for the team matches and crowds generally known by now. They probably got rid of him thinking that he could fend for himself, if that were so.

Letting out a small growl, his little feet started running through, not excusing himself as he bumped into others. “Momma?” he called out, looking to and fro. “Ajia’ndege?” No answer. They really did leave him. All alone…God, what was he going to do? He was just a cub! He didn’t know how to do adult things! Gather his own food, make sure he was clean, fighting others…He didn’t know how to do all of that! How could they?

A familiar voice caught him off guard, however; and he swung his head around to face that direction. Sure enough, there was his loud mouth sister, talking to someone. He didn’t know who. Relief washed over him, and he sighed heavily before prowling over to where she was conversing to a leopard. Just who was he…

“..my bouncy little sister.”

Kheri’s eyes narrowed and he let out the fiercest roar that he could muster. Who was this male, thinking that he belonged to part of his family. He didn’t see him get permission from his mother. Or was he his new replacement.

Sneering, the leopard cub sat next to his sister’s side defensively, and scrutinized the newcomer with narrowed eyes. Why, he didn’t even look like his mother and siblings! How could they possibly replace him with that?!

“Who are you,” he snarled, hair on end and ears flattened. It was his family, and by golly, he’d fight an adult if need be.

Cajanic

Lollipop x L u x u r y

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:22 am
User Image

Ajia's irritation over not having his full attention quickly faded as the leopard focused his eyes on her. She grinned, nodding. Good, good. He lacks a bit of enthusiasm though. He should want to play without me wanting him to play, she critiqued to herself, blue eyes scrutinizing him.

"Great! Aim to win!" she hooted loudly, hoping on her hind legs and thrusting a paw in the air. Hopefully, this guy was around when she grew up. She would love to best him in a game or two...

"Konji, is it?" Ajia said, rather smugly, before straightening up proudly. "Well, I'm-"

She was rudely cut off by a rather pathetic roar. Blue eyes narrowing, she whipped around, locking gazes with mirroring eyes. "Kheri!" she exclaimed, grounding her teeth. Why, he wanted to ruin things again!

Moving in front of Konji, she growled at her brother. "Mind your own business, nosy!" she hollered. Just then, she glanced towards Taji and shook herself of the anger. Still glaring at Kheri, she sat down. "Taji gave me the job to meet everyone and make them feel safe and welcomed. You, gnat, are not making anyone feel welcomed." Giving him another glare, she turned again to Konji.

Quickly, her scowl was replaced with a grin. "I'm Ajia'ndege! But you may call me Ajia! Don't mind my rude-face brother," she said rather loudly, one leg reaching out to kick Kheri.
bullterrierlove
Haha, take that! >8D You should throw Bara in here. QuQ

Cajanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:35 pm
Taji watched from afar, making sure the little cub wasn't scaring off the new comer, before turning to speak to a few of the other pride members, assuring them the games would start soon. He wanted to see what other new or old faces would roam in before setting to his task of organizing the events.

User Image Baridi sighed softly as she walked, trying to figure out where her brood had scampered off to now. It was hard keeping an eye on six cubs, especially when they all ran in six different directions. She had a good idea of where to find at least one, though, as the pride was hosting a few games today. Her rambunctious daughter Ajia would, without a doubt, be found front and center.

As she came to the clearing where the games would be held, she let out a little sigh of relief. There were two of them and, indeed, Ajia was one of them. The other, Kheri, was about his sister's opposite. They were usually snipping at one another for something new every day, and the weary mother smiled just a bit. They were a pawful, but she did love them dearly.

"Now, children...let's not accost our guest," she said gently as she came within hearing range. She gave the spotted leopard an apologetic smile, hoping the two hadn't bothered him terribly. "Forgive me," she said with a little bob of her head. "My cubs are a bit faster than I."

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Skyflu
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm
User Image
Howa stepped out from the safety of the shade as her ears gathered in foreign noises. Her eyes darted back to the little, furry lumps laying in the tall grass at the base of the tree. She was a mother and needed to stay with her cubs, but it looked like Taji had exciting plans for today. It wouldn't be professional of her to remain absent. As the Game Overseer, it was her duty to make sure things were in order.

She glanced once more at the cubs before darting off to the gathering. Howa wasn't far, but the distance gave her an opportunity to perform a much needed stretch. She spotted Taji and jogged up to his side. Two of the youngest members of the pride were already engaging with a newcomer. Hopefully, they didn't scare him away. The pride needed new blood. "I see you're excited for today's actives." In fact, she wasn't quite sure what he had planned, which made her nervous. Though, Taji meant well, so things would work out...hopefully.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:06 pm
User Image

Ajia's head swiveled around when her mother arrived, head ducking slightly in a look of contrite. Of course, it was all an act just to appease and it didn't last longer than a few seconds. Soon, the brown cub jumped up and, after a last swipe at Kheri, ran over to her mother.

"Momma, Kheri's being rude again!" She yelled/whined. Tossing a glare over her shoulder for Kheri's benefit and then, a grin at Konjo to assure him that no, not everyone was unfriendly, before looking at her mother. "He's always doing this!" she shouted.

Of course, not that Ajia always mind. Despite her usual spats and fights with him, she absolutely adored hanging out with Barawi and Kheri. Dealing with Kheri's over protectiveness was just a small price to pay in having her fun and adventures with them.

Looking quite satisfied with herself, having told on her brother, she sat smugly beside her mother. She then had the gall to look at Kheri and stick her tongue out mockingly. "Momma, did you know Taji gave me this important job? Since he wouldn't let me play in the games, I've now got the duty of greeting everyone and making them feel safe and welcomed." she grinned, not noticing how loud she was being. However, her expression fell quickly. "That is, until nosy here came! I bet mr. Konji feels unsafe now." With this idea, the cub looked imploring at the spotted leopard, trying to find any signs of unsafe feelings.
bullterrierlove

SilverLutz

Cajanic

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:57 pm
User ImageGrowling, Kheri turned his glare onto his sister, offended that she would yell at him at such a time. When he was trying to protect her from this new leopard. “You’re my family. Of course my business is yours.” he spat, sitting down on his hunches and refusing to move.

Huffing, he turned his head towards Konji, baring his teeth and gave out the most frightening hiss that he could muster. “Well good, I don’t want to make someone feel welcome, when he’s trying to replace me as your brother. It’s not going to happen. Got it mister?”

Kheri’s eyes went wide as his mother’s voice crossed his ears and he whipped around to face her, hesitantly looking her in the eye. “Momma! Why are you replacing me, with him? he asked, nudging his head towards Konji’s direction. Ridiculous! “He doesn’t even look like me--- he’s not even green!” The cub pouted, tail wrapping around himself as he waited for an answer from his mother, nudging back when he felt an annoying kick from his sister.

Before the leopard could await his mother’s reply, however; his sister decided to open her big mouth once again, berating him on his behaviour. As if she had the right. Just because she was older didn’t mean a darn thing. He was smarter than she was when it come to strangers. Welcoming them into the family, what a foolhardy mistake.

Snorting, the cub rolled his cyan eyes and looked at his sibling with contempt. “I’m not always doing this.” Someone had to look out for their family besides his mother. And he was willing to take that job, even if it meant his sister being annoyed with him.

A bit of jealousy pricked at his mind, at the mention of Taji giving his sister an important job. He wanted to receive a special task. Why didn’t Taji give him the oh so significant job on welcoming newcomers?

At the mention of the other leopard; Kheri scowled. “I hope he’s not. He doesn’t belong in my family,” he mumbled, spitefully glaring at Konji once more. He’d have to watch him closely for now on. He was the real threat.

Cajanic

Lollipop x L u x u r y
I'll post him next after I eat. C:

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:27 am
User ImageSomething felt amiss.

Barawai blearily opened his eyes and looked around his littermates. They were all accounted for…but where was his mother? It wasn’t like her to leave them all alone. In fact, she rarely did. So, where’d she run off to?

Letting out a huge yawn, the hybrid got up with caution, not wanting to disturb any of his brothers and sisters sleep, and stepped over them. Unfortunately, his careful movements were still clumsy, with feet that he hadn’t quite yet mastered moving, and he stepped on a tail or two as he made his way away from the small huddle. The cub mouthed sorry, not too sure if his siblings were roused from their sleep or not, and continued on his way.

He stretched his hind legs out, and continued on his search. Thankfully, he noticed the large crowd not too far from where his resting place was at, and surged into the mass, bumping against other creatures as he made his way through. “Sorry, sorry, coming through,” he mumbled, not caring in the slightest. Who knew where his mother was, and what would happen if he didn’t say he was sorry, with her watching. Had to be mindful of that, of course. Didn’t want to spend an eternity hearing a lecture when he could be watching, and hopefully, even playing in the match.

Bara grinned as he spotted his mother, quickly fumbling towards her side. “Mother, mother!” he called, tugging incessantly on her tail. “Can I participate in the games today? I’ve been extra good.” He gave her a pleading glance, hoping that it would work. They could make exceptions for one great cub…right?

Blu Chalk

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:43 am
Taji smiled just a bit as the cubs mother came to settle them down. He admired their spirit, but they were, after all, cubs. They needed to be watched, and while he had no problem cub sitting, he did have a few games to attend to. A familiar voice called out, and he turned in time to see Howa, the other leader of the pride, saunter over from her own brood of new cubs.

He gave a boisterous laugh as he stood, meeting Howa halfway. "Of course I am!" he said with a wide grin. "Ah, I see that look on your face. Not to worry, dear Howa, these games will be as simple as can be. And now that you're here we'll make sure everything is official and safe." As he spoke, a few of the cubs began to look his way. He overheard Ajia boasting to her brother about the special job she had been given, and he shook his head in amusement. He could give all the cubs special jobs if they wanted without issue.

Another little voice caught his attention, and he gave a quiet 'aw' as one of Howa's trotted after her. Barawai if he remembered correctly. The question made him chuckle, and he nodded to the brown cheetah to let her take over the situation.

The bickering of her children made Baridi sigh softly. She reached down with a paw to smooth Kheri's ruffled fur. Something always seemed to be upsetting him. Perhaps that was his father's nature...it certainly wasn't her own. It was no issue with her, of course, she just wished her son could take pleasure in life rather than worry at every moment.

"We're not replacing you, dear," she said with a warm smile. "Nothing could replace you, nor any of your siblings. He's here to participate in the games, and maybe join our pride if he so chooses." She glanced up after a moment, catching the kick from Ajia.

"Ajia, let's not fight," she said calmly, and motioned with her head to tell the young leopardess to move away from Kheri just a bit. "That's lovely," she added, warm eyes smiling to match her maw. "And I'm sure Konji feels very safe, especially with you around. Kheri will do the same, I'm sure."

She glanced down at her son and raised a brow, although there was still a kind look on her face. She didn't want the guests of the pride to feel unwelcome, after all. "Perhaps you could make sure the other cubs don't get into mischief?" she suggested. "I know most of them will be chomping at the bit to play, but these will be games for the older animals only."

[IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff