Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]
[PRP] For the Love of the Game (Taji x Howa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:21 am
User Image

Taji hadn't grown up expecting to help rule the pride he had been born in. He knew he was related to the original founder of the pride who had passed away years before he was even conceived, but those were his only thoughts as far as the pride rulers went. He had been so focused on playing games while he grew up that he didn't realize he had molded himself into a perfect leader. The others in the pride had noticed, as had one of the older leaders that needed to retire.

Howahkan, the other leader, had been in control for a good year. Here he was, just a few weeks into the job, and he hadn't even really spoken to her beyond formalities. And if there was anything Taji wasn't, it was formal. He was itching to speak to her about anything that wasn't pride rules and regulations. Not that they had many, of course...

It was a pretty nice day and Taji figured that was as good a sign as any to hunt down the cheetah and just...chat. About anything! Everything! The pride, the games, the cubs, new members...or just about the latest hunt that had gone out. Or maybe the height of the river. It was the lowest he'd ever seen this year, and made crossing easy. Good for lots of new members.

The only problem with trying to find the cheetah. The prides lands were quite vast, after all.

Blu Chalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:26 am
User Image Howa eyes scanned the little mounds resting in the grass. She accounted for each one, making sure things were in order before her mind wandered. It wasn't long ago that she gave birth to her first litter. They were restless and very much uncontrollable...to an extent. She was used to order, but these cubs kept things lively. The father wasn't apart of the pride, though his carefree attitude drew Howa to him. She shrugged, not regretting the decision. Her cubs will grow and contribute to the pride she helps maintain.

A little wave of guilty washed over her features as she thought about the pride. She wasn't as active now and that wasn't good. Of course, it was understandable considering the cubs, but that wasn't an excuse. The world did stop and she needed to return to her duties soon.

She gave another quick glance over the cubs before standing up. Her jaw popped as she yawned and stretched her limbs awake. There were other pride members in the area to look after the cubs while she took a short break. She doubt they would stir considering all the energy they expelled earlier.

While she looked ahead, she spotted the tan hide of Taji. Good, she can discuss current issues. So, she headed off towards his direction.

SilverLutz

Skyflu
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:27 am
Taji continued to roam through the prides lands, looking for Howa. It didn't take him terribly long to find her, thankfully, as she seemed to seek him out once she spotted him as well. Once he saw her brown form moving through the grass, he grinned and turned his paws in her direction.

"Afternoon," he called out cheerfully once she was within ear shot. "It's a wonderful day, isn't it?" And indeed it was. There was a nice breeze that kept things fairly cool and the bugs away. What more could you ask for? They already lived in a perfect place, so when there was perfect weather, it felt like a sin to be alive.

"And how are your cubs doing?" he added once they were closer. She had recently had a litter of hybrid cubs, and while he hadn't seen them yet, he knew they had to be old enough to be on their own for a bit. She wouldn't have left their side otherwise.

Blu Chalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:10 pm
Howa took the moment to enjoy the area. She was internally grateful that things were peaceful and prey was plentiful. How could she ask for a better place? Her tail drifted over the grass, sending up a few particles into the sun rays.

Her head bowed in greeting to Taji, "And good afternoon to you too." Taji's positive energy washed over her and she couldn't help but smile. "Yes, it is a perfect time to train." Her eyes wandered past Taji, attempting to see players and trainers practicing. Though, they were too far to actually notice anyone. She pulled her mind back to address Taji. "The cubs are well, but energetic. They can't wait to get out and train, though of course they are too young." Her cubs were interesting as hybrids. Other places would exile them, but not her pride. She was lucky that the creatures here were more friendly and open. As long as they contributed, nobody minded.

"So, tell me. Have I missed anything important?" It was encouraging to see that the forest hasn't burnt down. Not that she expected it to, but...you never know. She was itching to get back into the swing of things.

SilverLutz

Skyflu
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:57 pm
Taji nodded just a bit, chuckling at the talk of cubs. He had been the exact same way not too many months ago, as he was just barely an adult himself. He knew that excitement and the disappointment that came with being told he couldn't train with the 'big kids'. But there were things cubs and juves could do to help hone their skills at a young age.

"They'll be wonderful players, the lot of them. With your speed no one will stand a chance against them," he said with a wink, purple eyes smiling along with his mouth. "And in a few months they'll be off to train and you won't have your paws quite as full anymore," he added, nodding a head in the direction of those that were running around with an empty tortoise shell in preparation for the recruiting season.

The question made Taji shake his head. "No, Howa, nothing of excitement happened while you were away. I managed to keep the pride together without anyone dying," he said, only managing a straight face for just a few moments before he broke out into laughter. "I can't believe that was a practically true concern of yours! I know I am young, but I am not as reckless as I used to be." Howa had been in charge since he had been young, after all, so she had seen him grow. "The pride is safe and more than ready to welcome you back into your roll.'

Blu Chalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:37 am
Howa smiled and swelled with pride as Taji complimented her cubs. She wasn't one to brag, but they were special. A mother couldn't help, but feel biased towards her children. "Thank you, Taji. I'm quite excited to see how they develop." Taji is right, they will be fast like Howa, but strong like their lion father. This is her first litter of cubs and everything is new. It made things exciting and terrifying all at once. "I would like them to become players, but of course, they will choose their own paths." Players were the core of the team, but the pride needed every skill set to survive.

She chuckled before apologizing. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend. You make a great leader and I would be lost with your contribution." Truly, she would be very overwhelmed. "So tell me--if you don't mind me asking--Do you plan on having cubs of your own?" The cub bug had its clutches on Howa, totally against her usual nature.

SilverLutz

Skyflu
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:22 am
Taji nodded in agreement. It was the way of the pride to let the cubs watch the games and pick a path from there, but he would want any offspring of his to be players as well. He was sure they would be, with the way the love for competition flowed through his veins.

"No offence taken," he said with a loud laugh. "I don't think you have an offensive bone in your body, Howa. Fair and diplomatic as always," he added with a little wink. The question made him wonder, though, and he tapped his chin with a paw. "You know...at some point, I'm sure. I do love cubs. Watching them grown and learn is just about the best thing someone can experience! But I'm so busy with this now, as you know...I'd probably just find a nice girl looking for some cubs to look after and help her out. Taking a mate at this point might be too big of a commitment."

As loving and cheerful as Taji was, he liked the idea of getting with as many females as he could to produce all kinds of players. That and he enjoyed a good roll in the grass as much as the next guy and there were so many pretty females out there...well. He couldn't help himself!

"Of course, as long as the cubs stayed in the pride they'd know who their daddy was," Taji went on. "They won't be able to hide from me!" Should the mother be in the pride, he'd play the role of father very willingly.

Blu Chalk
Woooo! One more from me and that'll be done, Two more from you and we can wrap this up and call it done. Also once this one and the event thread finish up Taji is ready for breeding.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:04 pm
Howa nodded her head as Taji cleared the air. "Those are kind words, but I know I can come across as...abrasive in certain situations. When they call for it." She smiled, showing a bit of teeth, not in aggression to Taji, but for any future violators. Violence wasn't her strong suite, but she had other ways to defend her assets.

Howa laughed despite herself. "I'm sorry, but your cubs will definitely be a paw full. So much energy and excitement! They will make a fine addition to the pride." Truly, she looked forward to watching Taji's future offspring. Unfortunately, her cubs won't know their father. He was a rogue and Howa just... now she had her kids and doesn't regret a thing.

"So tell me, anything on the agenda for today?

SIlverLutz
Wooooooo! Almost done!

Skyflu
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:34 pm
"That they will be," Taji agreed. "You've got quite the lively bunch as well," he added, nodding to the grass that was rustling. It seemed some of the cubs were waking him.

"Nothing that I'm aware of. Training season is about to start, though, so I might check out the new recruits that are looking to get on some teams. Give them a few pointers," he said with a little wink. "Makes me miss the old days. I remember trying out for the first time...ah, it was so exciting!"

Purple eyes focused on a point just beside Howa as he drifted through his memories, remembering how nervous and excited he was to practice with his new team, the joy of getting his first goal, the thrill of playing in the championship...ah, it seemed like it had been yesterday.

Shaking his head, Taji motioned to the now rambunctious pile of grass. "I think you may way to check on them," he said with a bit of a smile. "They're certainly a feisty little group you have there."

Blu Chalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:40 pm
"Thanks, Taji." Howa followed his gaze back to her temporary den. A tail flicked out from the grass before swaying back to its owner. They would be up soon, if not already. Howa must return to them before more began to wake. She didn't want them to panic from her absence.

She stretched her legs one last time before standing. Howa enjoyed speaking with Taji. It was a nice little break. "Yes, training and tryouts are always exciting. I too look forward to the new batch of recruits." A little wail could be heard from the grass. Time for her to leave. "You're right. I'll speak with you another time Taji. I don't want any of the children to run off." She chuckled. "Can't give them too much freedom yet. Until next time." She bowed one last time before setting off towards her waking cubs.

END  

Skyflu
Crew

[IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas