The female moved slowly along the mountains, paws carrying her tired, weary form as she moved across stone through an ashen land with green popping up in bits, a land recently ravaged by fire. She was worn and tired, roaming so long she forgot why. The seasons, however, were not so kind. Pray recently was scarcer, the sun out longer, and her life was tiring.

Man'Tah didn't know where to roam anymore, and so she lay in the dirt, and ash, and grass, sighing softly as she stared ahead.

Oin was out walking slowly, eyes closed as he travelled the territory. A female warrior recently come into the pride walked alongside him, learning the land from the Patriarch with an attentiveness he presumed was of her family, wherever they were. Shuu Mei may have had a weak name, but her paws were strong and she held her own, a fact Oin appreciated greatly. The pale lioness looked to Oin as he mused on tending the pride for the day, sending experienced hunters to find food when she spoke.

"Lord Oin--"

He hated that title.

"--There's something ahead."

Shuu Mei gestured ahead, toward the body of a female laying on the ground. The warrior, admittedly, was curious, head tilting with fascination as she approached slowly, moving ahead of her patriarch. Oin trailed after, cautious.

It was a female, a weary one at that. Shuu Mei nosed her, then looked to Oin.

Man'Tah opened her eyes to the cold nose, blinking slowly at two unfamiliar lions looking her over, speaking with coarse, hushed tones.

"I'm sorry..." She spoke quietly, wearily. "Am I trespassing?"

Life.

"...Aye, but it is fine." Oin nodded. Man'Rah blinked slowly, pulling herself to her paws, wavering slowly, tired.

"Sorry... I can move."

"You're ready to drop, though." Shuu Mei spoke up, moving to her side, propping the weary black and white up. Man'Tah nodded appreciatively.

"Maybe... But I don't mean to intrude..."

"Where are you from?" Oin asked calmly. Man'Tah blinked. She thought, careful and slow, trying not to fumble.

"Home... Home is in the north... Far away... It's... Gone..." She closed her eyes. "Most died to a mad son. Our princess fled her brother... Of the common, the warriors... Only I remain." She looked up. Oin brightened.

"A warrior, are you?" He moved to her other side. "So is Shuu. So am I." He dipped his head to Man'Tah, as did Shuu Mei. The pale lioness smiled.

"My name is Shuu Mei. Shuu, among my people."

"People...?" Man'Tah blinked. "Oh, a pride... My name is Man'Tah."

"I am Oin." The male squared his shoulders. "Patriarch of Clan Ulf, brother to Thorin, King Under The Mountain."

Man'Tah blinked again.

"I'm sorry... I've not heard of a King Thorin... Nor of King Under The Mountain..." She yawned, trying to hide it. Shuu Mei smiled.

"Nor did I. My Mother was a rogue, and left me as a young adult to my devices by accident. I too, did not know of the King until I came." She smiled. "The Dvergr... The Men of Stone, are not well known. Who knew lions would live inside a mountain? But they are good people, proud warriors."

Man'Tah perked, Oin smiling to the young warriors. Admittedly, the blacl and white looked horribly tired and hungry, and they needed numbers... Shuu Mei purred softly, however. Comfortingly.

"I assure you, Man'Tah. You may rest here in our dens. There is food, if you wish, and n** is plentiful."

Especially n**, Oin refrained from adding. It was addicting a lot of them all over-- a plant saved from flames. Man'Tah blinked.

"I... Thank you, sir." She smiled wearily. Oin smiled back, motioning.

"Of course, we would wish you a guard for a time. The deeper caves are important to us-- outsiders... There are special circumstances for their journeys within, outside of joining us. So that is that." Oin looked ahead. "And I'm sure many may be wary, as we lost many recently..."

Shuu Mei lowered her head mournfully, respectful of the fallen dead, and Man'Tah blinked.

Loss... She knew the loss of a pride well, and she studied her paws. She stumbled, suddenly, and Shuu Mei caught the worn lioness. Man'Tah blinked, Oin concerned as she rose, aided by the dwarven lady, and she was silent, thoughtful several minutes.

"...I want to help."

Her voice cracked, almost unheard, and Oin leaned in, to listen carefully.

"Pardon?" He blinked. Was he hearing right?

"I want to help you." Man'Tah looked up. "I want to help rebuild. Noone should lose a pride. Noone should wander wondering where their next meal is from, where the next safe warm place is, fearing ambush. Please... It's the least I can do to repay you."

Man'Tah looked pleadingly, up to the male in as much determination as possible. Oin looked to Shuu Mei, the female looking back, half-smiling. Her heart was in a good place, she felt. A place to help them. Oin sighed.

"You do not owe us a debts--"

Man'Tah looked to him, worried, opening her mouth. Oin raised a paw to silence her.

"--But admittedly, the King is on a journey to restore our number. I am certain one more to join us would be more than wanted and welcome." He smiled warmly, calm. Shuu Mei nodded in agreement.

"And when he returns, there will be a celebration to revive the mountain properly and give thanks!" Shuu Mei added. A proper party, she was excited. Oin chuckled, nodding.

"Yes, a celebration. We casn pray he returns safely." Oin nodded. With a QUEEN preferably. He'd only raised one cub, a small hobbit from youth, the leopardess one of the family as any dwarf. He suspected one day she may prove more than what she was, but for now, he contented himself knowing his neice was safe. Man'Tah flicked the patriarch a smile as Shuu Mei helped her towards the caverns. The trio moved slowly, to allow for Man'Tah's rest, and Oin couldn't help thinking of how she seemed to have another 'weak' name. Interesting, but not... Bad. Perhaps there was strength as well, there. He looked back, Shuu Mei's ears pricking as she looked to him in curiousity, moving in pace with Man'Tah, and he smiled warmly, the warrior returning the smile. Man'Tah looked up only when they paused at the entrance to the vast mountain. It was large, an old entrance surrounded in grass and stone, and easy to miss. The grass seemed new, freshly grown from nature, and ash mounded around, a sure sign of a fire, swept out. Some seemed to watch from holes, but Oin smiled a bit more.

"Welcome to the Dvergr, my dear." He bowed his head and turned, moving inside. The females padded after slowly, but all three wore smiles as they entered the cave leading to Dvergrheim.