Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Nergui Lands [IC]
[PRV] High blood, new blood (Ngoma/Ramla/Gawdat)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:19 pm
User Image Boy but the water tasted good... Ngoma had all but sunk his entire front end into the pool as he lapped at the water, not caring who wanted to get past him. There was a lot of watering hole, and the rains had filled the pool up and made it less disgusting looking. Still a bit weird, but not so much as it HAD been. He closed his eyes, letting out a rumbling sound while swallowing the water, before he got out and walked back to Ramla. "I may be a desert-born lion, but... I love the rain..." It made everything so nice and... Clean.

User Image The brown lioness shook her head, smiling in bemusement at her mate. Rain WAS a magical thing, even if it had been a couple days since it fell. She reached up, brushing mud off Ngoma's paws. So dirty... Everyone was. The rain didn't do much to clean them all up, did it? But then, Nergui weren't much for being clean and tidy, and she supposed that had something to do with what made them so intimidating. Clean and tidy lions weren't scary, but the more gruesome they looked, the scarier they could be. "I can see that. I can also see you don't stay clean well..."

"You try having a white coat, it attracts everything..." Not that Ngoma was much caring....  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:45 pm
User Image
The lioness licked at the roof of her mouth, unpleased by the awful stickiness that had plagued her. It had been enough to wake her from an already difficult nap and enough to get her to begrudgingly get up from her spot and seek out the water hole. The air tasted strange. It was cleaner.... but there was a briskness to it. New scents, scents that weren't normally experienced in such a climate. Smells like... mud. Smells like green plant life. Smells like...wet, dirty fur.

She crinkled her nose and snorted, shaking her head at the offensive stench. What on earth could be making such a smell? Had someone left a kill out in the rain? It certainly smelled like it.

As she crested the small hill and began down towards the watering hole, the source of her offense made itself known. A pale lion, dirty and now very wet, stood in the shallows and drank himself full. Another lioness stood nearby, smiling. SMILING.

Gawdat paused, her mouth falling open as she watched the lion trudge himself from the water, leaving a wake of swirling muddy water behind him. She snapped her mouth shut, squared off her shoulders, and started down towards the watering hole.

"Nor does he keep well a clean source of water." The lioness cut into the conversation, sharp and frustrated. "Look at the mess you've made! How long till it settles? Or shall I walk around it, soiling my own paws where the mud bank falls into the water? Inconsiderate. Even for a Nergui."  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:01 pm
Who was she again...? Right, Kaar Oma's daughter... And ironically a Kaar. And yet Ngoma felt informal for the moment. "If you haven't noticed, there's mud in the water under it, and there's mud all around it, and you're not only standing in mud but you've walked in mud. It's a bit hard to avoid right now." He raised a paw, shaking the mud off. "Unless you want me to tie skins to my paws and avoid sullying everything with my paws?" Snark, thy name was Ngoma. He eyed her, frowning just slightly. "You know, you're rather clean... Most lions around here... Aren't..." To say nothing of the ruffled fur most of the lions had.

The copper lioness, too, eyed the newcomer, though for a slightly different reason. When she was sure Ngoma was still safely HER mate and nobody else's, she relaxed just slightly. "He does have a point, it's a bit hard to get near or in the water without bringing up mud..." She then tilted her head. "Which begs the question, just what did you drink when the water was shallower and much more nasty and disgusting looking?" She remembered clearly the first time she'd seen Tomorbaatar, leaving the watering hole after a chat with Ngoma. Actually, she looked a lot like that lion... She'd have to ask Nuri later.  
[IC] Nergui Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games