Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Hall of United Brethren

Back to Guilds

In this guild everyone is Gaian and everyone is equal! We are community based and friendly. Come join the fun and make new friends! 

Tags: Community, Friends, Gaia, Role Play, Unity 

Reply The Main Hall
Should we have a Guild Newsletter?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should we have a guild newsletter
  Yes at the start of each month
  Yes at the end of each month
  No I do not like this idea
  Meh I don't mind either way...
View Results

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:04 pm
What do you guys think?

I am thinking it may be smart since the limit on the announcement made me nerf it horribly so I didn't get as much as info out as I wanted to or quite the way I wanted too...

I have zero experience in this kind of thing but am willing to give a shot if its something you guys would like. I would do It either at the end or the start of the month and yes any help would be fantastic.

It would be something I could link to in announcements so you can all get all the info

If so please post your ideas of what you would like to see in it?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:13 pm
With all the announcements that one could post in the guild, wouldn't a newsletter be superfluous?

AH! Perhaps it could be used for special occasions, like before events.
That way even people who don't check the Guild regularly can get notified on exciting things happening.

However, I don't think that its necessary monthly...unless you have events planned monthly that is.  

ryruko

Dapper Dabbler

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:15 am
ryruko
With all the announcements that one could post in the guild, wouldn't a newsletter be superfluous?

AH! Perhaps it could be used for special occasions, like before events.
That way even people who don't check the Guild regularly can get notified on exciting things happening.

However, I don't think that its necessary monthly...unless you have events planned monthly that is.

I would like to try and run events as often as I can to be fair... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:42 am
If it's going to be monthly, I would suggest it to be similar to how Gaia staff does its monthly updates. A summary of what had happened in the guild for said month, and any information that may happen in the upcoming month. You could make the announcement at the end of the month.

If you keep track of the guild though, you may want to keep the activity in a summarized form (convenient for the readers). If we have a lot of roleplay activity going on, mention only the one or two most active ones as a side note (like, "Hey, there seems to be a lot of activity in so-and-so thread"). If there's a lot of new threads related to guild's feedback, just give a nudge to the readers that they should really check it out if they haven't done so yet. A little spotlight section, such as unique avatars, guild art/projects, etc, wouldn't be too bad either.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

ryruko

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:17 pm
Nights-Rune

I'm sure any event and any time in which you chose to run it, will be well received!
3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:02 pm
Nights-Rune

In that case it would make sense to have some form of newsletter. Did you plan to send it in form of a monthly guild announcement?

On another note, a monthly newsletter would mean that you'll have to plan every guild event at least a month in advance. Those who don't check the guild regularly and only rely on the newsletter may miss out on events that started spontaneously. Also you'll either have to hire someone to make graphics and one to write and format the newsletter, or you'll have to do all (or most) of that by yourself.  

MadPad

Fluffy Cat

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:20 am
MadPad
Nights-Rune

In that case it would make sense to have some form of newsletter. Did you plan to send it in form of a monthly guild announcement?

On another note, a monthly newsletter would mean that you'll have to plan every guild event at least a month in advance. Those who don't check the guild regularly and only rely on the newsletter may miss out on events that started spontaneously. Also you'll either have to hire someone to make graphics and one to write and format the newsletter, or you'll have to do all (or most) of that by yourself.

I actually make most of my own graphics as its something to do with my hard earned degree skills...

Its just maybe so that I can actually explain more in the announcement or have a place you can view more detail if you want too...

just bouncing ideas around at this stage.  
The Main Hall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games