Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:44 pm
User Image

It was odd, trying to get used to seeing 'Nera as her new home. The fact that her now grown offspring were part of the pride made things a lot easier for her for the most part. She had a reunion with most of her offspring. Some where delighted that she was alive, while others, well they were pissed. She did her best to explain what happened, why she did what she did, but in the end they couldn't understand her side of the story. It didn't worry her too much though.

She was sitting outside her den, watching others scurry to do some mission or do their job. As a citizen she did what she could to help, but she really had no talent. She had been offered to start entertaining, but it didn't really fit her very much. Tricking someone to like her didn't seem like something she could do. Really, she hardly fit in the pride at all. She did her best to stay strong and keep a smile on her face though. If this was her family's pride, then she would stay here and learn to love it.

It was lonely though, she would have to admit. Her children didn't have time for her, they were always off having missions. She didn't know anyone in the pride other then the kind cheetahs who had brought her into the pride. A soft sigh left her, as she thought about her situation. She wasn't as out going as she once was. And being in the pride kept her on edge. She didn't know who she could trust and who she couldn't.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:18 am
User Image

It had been months since Haiba and his family had first come to this place. He could remember being blindfolded and riding on the back of a strange female cheetah to get to the pride's lands. Making friends hadn't been hard for him, given his talkative personality, but keeping those friends had been rather difficult. Of course his siblings were there for him, but his rather cheeky ways and tricky nature made others wary around him.

As a cub he'd been innocent enough. Sweet-talking other cubs out of their toys, tricking them to abandon their food so he could have it. They caught on eventually and stopped hanging around with him. But that was okay. As Haiba grew, his desires had changed. No longer did he want extra snacks or toys, now he wanted physical gratification. He was still technically an adolescent, though, so the females usually kept away from him. His cub fat was gone, he was lean and sleek, and was so close to adulthood that newer members would sometimes mistake him for such.

The brown cheetah was on the prowl for just that today. A female friend, new to the group, that he could charm off her feet and into her den. The thought of cubs didn't scare him, especially since the leaders were always happy to welcome new blood. Haiba had noticed a few new girls that had come into the pride, one of them being an absolutely gorgeous cheetah. He had found where she decided to call home, and made her a visit.

He kept his walk cool and slow as he approached her den, tail flicking slightly in interest. "Morning, miss," he called out with an easy smile on his face. "What a lovely day today is. Even better now that I've finally met you. I'm Haiba," he added, bobbing his head as he stopped a few paces away from the purple female. "I couldn't help but notice you're new. I always make a point to welcome the new cheetahs."

Club Snails

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:14 pm
Leenah wasn't expecting someone to welcome her to the pride. It was a pleasant surprise. She gave him a smile. He was a handsome young cheetah, she thought. “Thank you very much Haibi. It is very nice to meet you. My name is Leenah-Sesi, but you can call me Leenah or Lee.” She said, nodding her head. Having a younger cheetah call her miss made her feel much younger then she was. She wasn't old, but she wasn't the young cheetah she once was. Traveling the rogue lands felt like it added years to her.

She sat down as she talked. “I haven't met too many other cheetahs yet. I was brought here by Emi. It is an honor to get a chance to live here.” Even if it was taking some time to get used to, she thought, still with a gentle smile. Eventually she would settle down. There was one kind face to greet her today, hopefully there would be more.

Of course she couldn't just trust everyone that peaked their head into her den. She would keep an eye on Haibi until she was sure she could trust him. She decided it would also be best not to mention her children, as she didn't want them to be associated with her yet. She wanted them to be the ones to tell the pride members, not the other way around. “It is a lovely day. Hopefully it will stay that way. It's always nice to have good weather.” She said with a nod of her head.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 am
Haiba grinned a bit wider as the cheetah responded kindly. Good, she wasn't one of those grumpy females. He had met quite a few in this pride. No one here knew how to relax and have fun! Maybe he could change his luck with this one. "Leenah is a very pretty name," he said as he sat down as well, not wanting to intrude on her home. Just yet, anyway. "Which is good. The name must match the cheetah, after all." To have such a beautiful cheetah without a beautiful name would be sacrilege!

"Most of the cheetahs here are kind of anti-social," he added with a little nod and a frown. "Once you get to know them they'll come out of their shell a bit, but you'll probably need to go up and start the conversation." He was a bit of an oddball here, really. He loved talking and making new friends ever since he was little. He could remember the other cubs being a bit wary around him and his siblings when they first arrived, if only because they were 'new'.

"I like meeting new faces," Haiba said with a grin as he nodded in Leenah's direction. "Especially when they're as sweet as yours. So, tell me your story. Where are you from? Why did you come here?"

Club Snails

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:13 pm
Her ears became warm. It had been a long time since she had been complemented. “Thank you very much. I've always loved my name.” Leenah said. She had really lucked out on meeting Haiba. Hopefully she would meet others who were just as kind as him.

“It's a shame they aren't very social. I love meeting new cheetahs and other creatures. When I feel more comfortable here, I'll have to try and meet some of the other members. I am sure I'll find others who are interested in making friends.” She nodded her head. Years ago she had met a wild dog who didn't particularly like anyone, yet she was able to get on his good side. Eventually she would do the same with the pride, she just knew it.

She gave a nervous laugh. There was no way she was going to lie to her new friend, but she wasn't sure if she should tell the whole truth. “Can you keep a secret?” She finally said after thinking about what she should do. “I came here to be with my children. They are all grown now, but ever since they went missing when they were little, I've been desperately looking for them. I managed to find them thank goodness. I don't want anyone to know that were related though. Some of them aren't very happy with me and I feel like I would rather have them tell the pride about our relationship.”

It was a relief to finally have that off her chest. It had been bugging her for so long.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:20 am
Haiba cocked his head to the side as Leenah laughed nervously. Oooh...some gossip! He nodded eagerly, getting up to move a bit closer so she wouldn't need to speak too loudly. That and it was an excuse to get a bit closer to her. He stopped just a step or so away and sat down once again, leaning down to hear her better.

Oh, what a story! He gave a low hum and nodded his head, pulling back just a bit. He'd keep his lips sealed...for now. Should the story happen to come up in polite conversation..well...it wouldn't be his fault if he let it slip, would it? "I'm so glad you've found them! That must have been rather horrible, having your cubs taken," he said with a sympathetic tone of voice. 'But here they are, safe and sound! I wonder if we grew up together. Are they much older than I?"

He sat a bit taller, trying to pass off for an adult. He knew he was close, but he still had a little more growing to do.

Club Snails

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:25 pm
"It was horrible. I had some problems with my, at the time, mate. He was never fond of the cubs, but he was behaving unreasonably in front of the cubs, so I decided to make him leave. We had a bit of a fight, where we just yelled at each other. I had to chase him off in the end. However when I was done I couldn't figure out where my den was." She let out a sigh. "My friend Bugie had watched the cubs, but it had taken so long for me to return he was afraid that something had happened to me. So he took them here so they would be safe."

Leenah was horrible at judging ages so she looked at him and pondered. "Well, I think they are just a little older then you are, though not by much I would say. Some of them are getting higher in ranks. My daughter Rada is a currency fighter." It was obvious that the twins had gotten their fighting skills from their father. There were three fighters out of her litter, something she could hardly believe. "It scares me to know that they are fighting though. I just worry about them so much."

She tried to hold herself together, but her eyes started to get watery. Eventually she hoped that they would forgive her. She didn't mean to leave them. She had left them to keep them from their father, but that back fired horrible. "Here I am just telling you my story when I know nothing about you." She wiped away her tears. "Do you enjoy living here?" She was curious about weather she would like it or not.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:32 am
Haiba adopted the appropriate expression, his ears back and a frown on his face as Leenah told him her story. It was a bit sad - he knew if he had been taken from his mother to a strange new place he'd have been rather upset, but more at the one to take him rather than his mother. Of course, that was how it had worked...save for the fact that his mother was the one to take her many cubs to the pride.

"I never knew my father, so perhaps my mother was in the same situation," he said with a nod. She never talked about him and the cubs never asked, so there was no more information to be had on the subject. "But this is a very safe place. Hopefully your cubs will forgive you and you can enjoy your life here."

As she turned the tables to him, he couldn't help fluff up his fur just a bit. Haiba loved talking about himself, but he knew not to go overboard. That tended to scare the others away. "Oh, I quite enjoy it here. My mother brought my siblings and I here when we were quite young, so it was a bit frightening at the time. But now I've grown to love it. Lots of cheetahs to talk to, lots of things to learn and do. I'm hoping to work my way up in the ranks just a bit," he added, grinning. "No one wants to be on the bottom of the food chain."

Club Snails

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:05 pm
Leenah nodded her head. “I don't think I could stay here too long if they could never forgive me. But I trust that they will eventually. It just might take some time.” She gave him a gentle smile. “If anything, I am just thankful to be near them and know that they are alright.”

She nodded her head as she listened. So he grew up similar to her cubs. “Agreed. I will have to work pretty hard to rise in ranks I think. I don't really have any special skills though. If you don't mind me asking, what rank are you? My children are spread out as far as ranks go.” It was a bit impressive, she thought. They all had their own skills they were good at, yet they could all work together to achieve a common goal. At least that's what she imaged. She always thought that the siblings would all go on missions together and help each other.

“I imagine your mother is proud of you though. It seems like you have found a home here.” She said with a nod.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:15 pm
"As of the moment I'm officially a low grunt," Haiba said, his tail flicking. "But I'm aiming to change to become a packmule. They're treated a bit better than my type and I'd love to be a merchant in the future. I enjoy talking and bargaining so I feel like it would suit my skill set the most." That and merchants were allowed to roam the lands. He wanted to see what was out there and try to erase the bad memories of the rouge lands from his mind.

"Oh yes, she's quite proud of us," he added, grinning once again. "We've all grown up very well and quite strong. My siblings are also rather spread out as fa as their career paths, so it's nice that she's got a paw in many different prey, so to speak. She's content to live through us, though. At least, as far as I know. Perhaps she's seeking out some sort of secret role to take on. Last I knew she was happy that she didn't have to keep such a close eye on us anymore, that we could take care of ourselves."

Club Snails

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:27 pm
“If you are passionate about what you are doing, I am sure that you'll rise in ranks in no time.” Leenah said with a smile. “Being a merchant would be an interesting rank. Being able to travel to the rogue lands freely would be a blessing I think. There is so much out there to do and see. Though if I was given a chance, I think I would probably pass it. I wouldn't want to get lost out there and forget by way back here.”

She could never be a merchant. Trying to bargain with others would be too difficult for her. She admired that others could do it though.

“She's a lucky cheetah. It sounds like you are a close family though. I am a bit envious to be honest.” Her voice was a little bit more timid, as she thought about her own family problems. “For now I'll be content though. At least things are terrible for me and my family. I can be grateful for that.”

It was nice to have someone to talk to openly. She enjoyed having a friend in the pride. “Just so you know, you are more then welcome anytime here. It's been a delight having someone to talk to.” It was just then she realized how lonely she had been since she got to 'Nera. She hoped that Haiba would come to see her again when he wasn't busy.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:02 pm
"We've grown a bit distant since we've grown up," Haiba admitted. "But we do take the time to visit her and when we see one another it's a happy reunion." He tilted his head just a bit, a sly grin on his face. Oh, he'd certainly be back. Now that he'd made friends with the pretty female he certainly wasn't going to let any opportunities escape him.

"I'd be more than happy to visit again," he reassured her, rising from his seated position to move just a bit closer. "And I do encourage you to come out of your den and see the pride. Once you're a familiar face more cheetahs will be willing to talk to you. But for now, I'm glad I can provide decent company."

Golden eyes closed about halfway as he surveyed Leenah once more, tail flicking to the side in interest. "If you're ever lonely or in need of a talk, I'll certainly be around to lift your spirits."

Club Snails

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:18 pm
Leenah grinned. For the first time since she got here she felt that perhaps she could figure out how to live in the pride. “Thank you and I'll try to leave my den. If I try hard enough, I am sure I will make more friends. It just might take some work.” If she made one friend, she was bound to make another.

“I look forward to seeing you again.” She said with excitement. “Perhaps we could have a meal together?”

SilverLutz
Would you like to wrap it up?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:15 pm
"Perhaps," Haiba said with a chuckle, his mind already running with ideas. "I'll certainly see you in the near future. If you see me in passing and I don't see you, don't hesitate to call out!"

He moved in just a bit to bump his nose against her cheek in farewell before turning to go. "Until next time, dear Leenah," he said with a grin, glancing over his shoulder for one last look before trotting off. Ha...now that had been an interesting time.

Club Snails
All done! Did you want to do one more or stick them in the breeding thread? I think quite a few of the colorists are behind on their growings. Haiba's got all the RP he needs now, though! If you wanna wait until he's an adult that's fine, but I don't mind if you wanna toss 'em in there now. If he grows and they're not picked we can change it~

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC] Kuroi'Nera Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces