Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]
[PRP] Sister dear... (Suramuni & Mneme)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:04 pm
The sunlight bounced off the gold bands on Suramuni's legs, sending flashes of light around him as he flew through the clouds. It wasn't often these days that the pale blue god found himself in the god lands. The philosophies of the mortals were just too interesting, too diverting to keep him away for long. That particular morning, however, he found himself longing for a dear familiar face, that of his sister, Mneme. Muni cared for each of his siblings, but Mneme had always been the closest to him. As cubs she would always listen as he prattled on about this theory or that doctrine, endearing her forever to the chatty lion.

It had been several weeks since Muni had seen his sister, a keen sense of time not being one of his qualities. He had, as usual, allowed himself to be caught up in the ever fascinating traditions and teachings of a new found mortal pride. A common occurrence for the god of philosophy, days had passed swiftly without his being conscious of it. So he found himself circling the god's lands, searching for the familiar yellow form.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:42 pm
While it had been foreign and strange to her at first, Mneme was developing a fondness for the God’s Haven. Sure, Raiden was not here to keep her company, but that was alright. It gave her some time to think for herself, work into everything that had happened so far. She had friends to speak to, certainly, but… it was nice, sometimes. Just to be by herself.

And besides! The snow was so amazingly fun!

The little yellow goddess could not keep from the giggle that escaped her lips, as she let her paws dip lazily into the snow. It was such a strange sensation, one she was still unused tot. But she supposed, with time, it would come as easily to her as flying or changing her form.

How funny that something natural could give her such surprise and awe when she’d already mastered her strange, unusual powers. But she did not have time to think for long- the glint of gold caught her eyes, forcing them to shut against the strange light. When she managed to squint them open, however, she realized that it was the jewelry of another god which had so caught her eye.

“Hello up there!” She called, wings fluttering in delight as she sprung up to meet him. Smiling softly, though she could not fathom why, Mneme allowed herself to drift upwards to meet the other god.

“This… may sound like rather the strange question, but, I’m not one of a strong memory. Have we met before? Because I can’t shake the feeling that, for a reason I can’t fathom, you’re someone I met once! And feel… sort of fond of.” She giggled slightly, fluttering her wings once more.

“I know it’s weird! So I apologize. I just. I had to know!”

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:39 am
Muni was so caught up in looking for his sister, he almost didn't hear the voice calling out to him. It wasn't until the figure belonging to the voice flew up to meet him. The god blinked several times and bit down a laugh. Well, this was convenient! Here the very one he was looking for was greeting him.

Finally her words sank in. Poor Mneme with her memory, or lack there of. He decided to be gentle in reminding her of who he was.

"Why yes, we have indeed met! We played together often as children, my dear Mneme."

He beamed at her and then gesturing with an inclination of his head, flew downwards to land with a small thump on the snow below.

"Perhaps my name might ring a bell. Suramuni?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:18 am
They played as children? Oh, wonderful! They were friends, then! She could perhaps ask him the details she was missing of her cubhood, and what sort of lioness she'd been in her life before. And perhaps... perhaps they might be friends again, if she was smart about this.

Rather pleased that her emotional attachments seemed to at least be in place, Mneme mentally congratulated herself. That, at least, would ring true when memories were lost, it seemed.

Would that happen in mortals, then? If she stripped a mortal mind of its memories, would they still possess the feelings they’d held for another being? She was going to have to ponder this one, for a while. Or maybe this other god knew! If the topic came up, she’d certainly ask him. From the way her carried himself, he seemed rather the intelligent fellow!

“Suramuni…” She repeated aloud, following the god’s lead and drifting to the snows below. Mneme looked at him- well and truly looked at the other- to see if the name, in tandem with how he looked, would remind her of anything she’d forgotten.

At last, she resigned herself to the realization she couldn’t recall him. Shaking her head, Mneme sighed sadly.

“I’m… I’m terribly sorry, Suramuni, but I just can’t remember you. I don’t remember much of anything, though, as I took my own memory some time ago. I hope you aren’t terribly offended,” she added quickly, offering him a shy smile.

“You do seem rather the kind fellow, none the less!”

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:53 pm
Muni was certainly shocked at Mneme's admission. She had taken her ... own memories? So she remembered nothing of their childhood? But why? What would possess her to do such a thing? Had he really been so far gone out of his sister's life?

Swallowing his astonishment, he smiled politely instead.

"Ah, no matter," he said. He decided to ease into it gently. There could be no kindness in shocking or overwhelming her.

"Took your own memories, you say? May I ask why?"

But now he was prying. He didn't want her to think he was interrogating her.

"You need not tell me, of course. Just curious."

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff