Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
Fond Memories of Your First Con Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:06 pm
La Petite Medic
I remember looking at all the wonderfully dressed people and all the equally wonderful cosplayers. Also seeing and buying my first lolita item was fantastic.

When I walked into the dealers room at my first con I was truly amazed. I had no idea that Anime was so popular. Like a kid in a candy store I walked into the room with awe and wanted to buy it all. smile I now have a very large collection of Anime DVD's, Plushie's, and Art Books. I have a large Sailor Moon series collection. After some thought I changed my mind and posted a couple of my recent Sailor Moon series Cosplay photos in the photo section of this Guild. You can see two sailor scouts holding my Luna Plushie. smile At my first con I became both a Cosplayer and a Cosplay Photographer. Please check out the Sticky, if you haven't already, of my tips for taking photos of Cosplayers. The tips are for both the photographer and the Cosplayer alike. I hope that the tips and guidelines that I have learned and shared will help others out.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:17 pm
smithers456
La Petite Medic
I remember looking at all the wonderfully dressed people and all the equally wonderful cosplayers. Also seeing and buying my first lolita item was fantastic.

When I walked into the dealers room at my first con I was truly amazed. I had no idea that Anime was so popular. Like a kid in a candy store I walked into the room with awe and wanted to buy it all. smile I now have a very large collection of Anime DVD's, Plushie's, and Art Books. I have a large Sailor Moon series collection. After some thought I changed my mind and posted a couple of my recent Sailor Moon series Cosplay photos in the photo section of this Guild. You can see two sailor scouts holding my Luna Plushie. smile At my first con I became both a Cosplayer and a Cosplay Photographer. Please check out the Sticky, if you haven't already, of my tips for taking photos of Cosplayers. The tips are for both the photographer and the Cosplayer alike. I hope that the tips and guidelines that I have learned and shared will help others out.

That too. The dealers' room was amazing the first time I was at a con. (It still is, but I was pretty sunned back then.)
Awesome. smile
Sounds good. I'll go check them out.

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100

I-Seisui-I

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:08 am
My first con/expo was Anime Expo in L.A. it was absolutely amazing I cosplayed Ciel Phantomhive. It was like a dream wonderland, just to be surrounded by people that love and do the same thing you do. I go every year now and I'm even starting my own cosplaying group soon.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:49 pm
I-Seisui-I
My first con/expo was Anime Expo in L.A. it was absolutely amazing I cosplayed Ciel Phantomhive. It was like a dream wonderland, just to be surrounded by people that love and do the same thing you do. I go every year now and I'm even starting my own cosplaying group soon.

Going to a con for me is like stepping into a different World. It's a nice place where you are accepted no matter who you are or what Cosplay character you are. smile Good Luck in starting your Cosplay Group. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Wattering_Eyes

Rainbow Star

6,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:17 pm
Mine was Anime Expo too, 2008. I went with a friend and her sister, it was tons of fun. I only got like 2 hours of sleep the night before since I was so excited to go, but I didnt feel it at all despite being at the con for like 8 hours, thats how fun it was.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:46 pm
smithers456

Going to a con for me is like stepping into a different World. It's a nice place where you are accepted no matter who you are or what Cosplay character you are. smile

That's too true! It's so much fun being around like-minded people!

My first con was winter SacCon back in 2007. I had been cosplaying and doing photoshoots with my friends for a while, and they were finally able to drag me to a con. They worked the con, so I got to volunteer with them and helped MC the masquerade!

That was also the con that I first debuted Guy from Tales of the Abyss. I was so excited that people knew who I was!  

xinitia

Crew

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:08 pm
xinitia
smithers456

Going to a con for me is like stepping into a different World. It's a nice place where you are accepted no matter who you are or what Cosplay character you are. smile

That's too true! It's so much fun being around like-minded people!

My first con was winter SacCon back in 2007. I had been cosplaying and doing photoshoots with my friends for a while, and they were finally able to drag me to a con. They worked the con, so I got to volunteer with them and helped MC the masquerade!

That was also the con that I first debuted Guy from Tales of the Abyss. I was so excited that people knew who I was!

Wow, that was quite an experience. I never worked at an Anime / Cosplay con before but many years ago I use to work at Star Trek cons. I know the excitement of having my character recognized. That happened when I wore my Syaoran cosplay outfit, from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, at the Jafax 17 con in 2012.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:21 am
SacCon is a really awesome and was a perfect first con to attend. It's very small, but everyone there is really friendly. It caters more for a younger crowd and families, so it isn't too overwhelming for new con-goers. Everyone there is also super supportive of new cosplayers. It's still one of my favorite cons to attend!  

xinitia

Crew

Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas