Reply Role-Play 1 - Sovereign
ATER NOX Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Son of the Harpy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:32 pm
Emer continued to scowl at his food while Maliarc spoke. He let out a sigh, and quickly devoured the entire plate of food within a couple minutes. Though it wasnt anything close to what he was used to, he knew he needed food to keep up his strength.

Watching Emer inhale the food so quickly was probably as disgusting as Emer's opinion of the food in the first place. He set down his eating utensil, and leaned back in his chair with a sigh. He always inhaled the food he disliked, for that meant he had to taste it as little as possible.

He glanced at his surroundings. "So where do you think we should start? I dont think going around and asking where the missing Lucidus Queen is would be such a good idea." It wasn't going to be an easy task, searching for Aaren here, where Emer would most definitely not be welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:37 pm
Maliarc was amused by Emer's quick eating. "Well, I suppose that's one way to win a war." he quietly mumbled as he finished his stew and quickly down the glass of water that had been free with his stew. After paying for what he had bought, he looked at Emer. "There is bound to be a person around here looking for some extra revenue...." he said, looking around. "We just need to be sure we choose someone who actually has some morals...." he added, knowing this was going to be somewhat challenging.  

Amiimii
Crew

Shy Regular

10,125 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

DemonicShadowWolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:50 pm
Zakir Wajid sat at his usual table in the corner of the cafe, window adjacent for a quick escape and an inconspicuous field of view to survey the customers. It had become custom to frequent all the little places around the city. While his information network was definitely lively, the best news always came first hand. That was, of course, why he had gone through such harsh training. It was always better to get intelligence from the source where it couldn't be corrupted.

As his eyes and ears reflexively scanned the patrons, Emer and Maliarc caught his attention. Among his travels, he had seen that clothing style before. He could even pick up their local accents. And most telling of all, he knew that face of disgust, having cooked a few meals for his friends in Lucidus. Muttering a spell, he tuned out the rest of the cafe and listened in on their idle conversation. At the mention of the Lucidus Queen, his eyes lit up. He had been trying to figure out a way to get in contact with the Alfred, and finally he had found a pair of tokens to grant him a meeting.

"No, my dashing Knight, it would not be." Zakir walked up to their table and kicked a chair out, spinning it around so he could rest his arms on the back of it. "And as for finding her, I am not so sure. But our King? I could lead you to him, if you made it worth my time. After all, if anyone would have a clue to her whereabouts, it'd be him, yes?" He gave them a charismatic grin, although his eyes signaled he meant business.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:03 pm
Emer paid for his food, but before he could reply to Maliarc, he noticed a man approaching heir table. Emer's eyes narrowed, and his hand went to the sword at his waist, not knowing what to expect.

Had they been discovered?

It was an unsettling thought. The man took a seat at their table, and proceeded to answer Emer's question, though it was meant for Maliarc's ears only. Once the man finished his statement and offer, Emer looked wearily towards Maliarc, suspicion visible in his eyes. He was silent for a moment, contemplating.

"Who are you, and how do you expect us to believe that you're not another thief trying to take advantage of outsiders?" His voice was a little cold, and laced with suspicion. The thought reminded him that he had a fresh wound in his shoulder from the encounter with those Noxian thieves. So far, Emers impression of Ater Nox was not very good.

He glanced again at Maliarc, wondering if the mage might have a better insight on Noxian's than he would.

Son of the Harpy

DemonicShadowWolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:29 pm
Zakir slapped his hand on the table and laughed."Do you really think it matters where you are from? Outsider, native, family...someone is always trying to take advantage. It's the same no matter where you are from!" His eyes narrowed as he stared the man down. "Although advantage is certainly what I'm looking for". An amused look passed his face as he continued. "But I don't intend for you to be the one to pay it. Who I am and what I expect is irrelevant. What I do know is this: I am offering you help when I could have very well let this king know that their are a suspicious pair of people running around his lands talking of wars and missing Queens." He opened his hands outward and let them sit in the air. "I think it is obvious that isn't the path I chose. So, in the spirit of good business, I think I've made a generous offer here." Withdrawing his hands, Zakir shifted his gaze between the two gentlemen in front of him. He hoped that they would realize if he had the gall to tell them he could hinder their mission, he definitely had the influence to back it up.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:37 pm
Were he in his young body, Maliarc may have been more than a little annoyed by this man. However, his body was not in the shape it used to be, and he couldn't deny that this man had actually given them quite the deal. One fact was clear in his mind. King. That meant he was right. Judith had indeed died back in that cave. The details were all very blurry in his mind, but he was glad that the witch was gone. It wouldn't be a bad thing for them to meet this new king as well. He could very well be the best way for them to gather information at the moment. Maliarc kept his eyes closed as the man spoke, preparing plenty of spells for their trip to see this new king. Once he opened them, the man had finally stopped talking, and looked to be waiting for an answer.

Maliarc's eyed surveyed Emer, as if searching for an answer. Himself, Maliarc saw no way out of this. They needed someone to show them somewhere, and this king seemed to be the best place to start. After finding no answer in the good knights eyes, Maliarc soon turned his head to the man standing at their table. "Very well, my good man. You have yourself a deal. Shall we talk price now, or later?" he asked with an outstretched hand as he stood from his seat.  

Amiimii
Crew

Shy Regular

10,125 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

Son of the Harpy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:13 am
The Knight sat silently, contemplation clear on his face. The man sitting at their table made a good argument, though Emer still did not trust him. Aware of the mysterious man sizing him up, Emer cocked an eyebrow at the him, crossing his arms over his chest in threatening silence. The Knight suspected the man of foul intentions, though as the Queen's personal guard, he tended to suspect everyone of foul intentions.

His eyes moved to Maliarc, who answered for the Knight.

So it was decided then, that they would take the deal presented before them. If Emer had any better ideas, he might have objected. He just hoped that the mage knew what he was doing, and that he had a plan B incase this one turned gruesome.

Ser Emer eyes darted back to the man after Maliarc asked him about the price, his gaze cold and still full of suspicion.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:59 am
Xavi looked him dead in the eye and smiled. "Exactly." He moved swiftly back into the chair opposite of Alfred. They had now been talking for some quite sometime. These were the kind of converstions which became myths in history books. This trategy, this interchange would see Ater Nox rise to a respectible position in the world and Alfred would be the leading man. Xavi was more than content with that. He never seeked personal glory, simply knowing that he had some influence would make it for him. "I see you understand my train of thought, but how do you feel about it?" Xavi tapped his thigh lightly with his fingers, clearing his throat. All this talk had made his throat dry and also made him somewhat thristy.

Digital Obsession

Jeff theTrumpetdude
Crew

DemonicShadowWolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:30 am
Zakir smiled warmly when his offer was accepted. He stood up as well, swatting away the hand and bringing in Maliarc for a big hug. "Haha, my friend. The only price I can ask for now is to make sure no dagger finds it's way into my back." He took a step back, a wisp of smoke coming from a finger tip, and bowed slightly to the two of them. "Zakir Wajid, at your service. We'll talk about the rest of that payment after we've arrived. For now, tell me about yourselves while we walk!" His eyebrows moved slightly up in surprise at the look the knight gave him, but he made no other acknowledgement than that. If the roles were reversed, he could guess that he definitely wouldn't be as trusting. Even now, he had no love for the two men. But if they would journey, he didn't see why it'd have to be full of tension. They were, after all, opening up doors he had been knocking on for the past few weeks.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:21 pm
Jeff theTrumpetdude

Alfred thought about it a moment before he chose to answer Xavier's question. He had heard the man clear his throat, and that was a clear indication of ones thirst. It didn't take a smart man to know that. Rising from his chair, Alfred began to speak as he walked towards a cabinet on the far end of the room, off to their left. As he reached for a glass of wine, he spoke. "As you know, I am for the people. I believe them to be fascinating. War would only bring them pain, and suffering." he made his voice a little louder so that it would carry to Xavier as he pulled two glasses down and with them in one hand, the bottle in the other, he returned to his desk, his voice lowering as he did.

"Therefore, I dislike war. However, as I said before, I will not hesitate to do what I think would be the best option." he finished, pouring them both a glass of wine. He poured small glasses, not caring for the stuff himself, but also because neither of them needed to get intoxicated while talking strategy, or anything likewise important. It would not do for them to make a mistake because they drank a little too much.  

Amiimii
Crew

Shy Regular

10,125 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

Amiimii
Crew

Shy Regular

10,125 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:30 pm
Maliarc certainly hadn't been expecting the embrace from the stranger, but it was not unwelcome. Plenty of people nowadays would take a handshake where a hug was far more friendly, though it seemed this man knew what he was doing. The thing that caught his eye wasn't the hug however, no, it was the small lingering affect of magic on the man. That would certainly explain how he was able to know exactly what they were talking about, even if they were speaking quietly. "Come, good knight. We have nothing to fear from this man." Maliarc spoke to Emer, hoping the night would trust him. He was a mage after all;and mages never trusted anyone. If this man decided to pull any tricks on him, he would be ready.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:58 pm
Xavi took the glass thankfully, a little wine to quench his thirst and loosen him up. By the looks of it this was going to be a very long night. "So if we were supposed to go ahead and delve into this, the most delicate of matters, we would need many things." If Alfred thought Xavier was beating around the bush, he would be right. What they were pondering was all out war. If done right, we'd only need to supply support. Our 'Allies' would be doing the heavy lifting." Xavi exhaled, then took a sip of wine. The liquid was ever so refreshing for his dry throat.

Digital Obsession

Jeff theTrumpetdude
Crew

DemonicShadowWolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:26 pm
"Ahh, you should listen to him. It looks like he understands the finer points of negotiation" He made an animated gesture as he turned around and beckoned for them to follow. He hadn't missed the subtle threat that was placed there. The only time you had nothing to fear was either when there was complete trust, none of which could be found between the trio, or when you knew you could handle anything possibly thrown at you. "By the way, dinner is on me. My trade funds this humble cafe, and I am more than a generous investor." he turned back and tapped the Knight on the chest "And I will be sure to try and cater to our oversea clientele, although to this day I haven't been able to convince the cook to create anything but Ater Nox perfection" He let out a loud boisterous laugh as they navigated the streets. "Although having been across the world, I dare-say my tongue doesn't have the same loyalty as my heart".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:32 pm
Jeff theTrumpetdude

Alfred took his glass and lifted it up, silently toasting to absolutely nothing as he swirled the liquid in the glass, his eyes jealously following the liquid in the perfect circle it was forming. He took a small sip, enjoying the feeling it brought as it passed through his throat. "Yes, that would be preferable. But I'm not too happy with that council right now, so if we have to, we will participate in this war with everything we've got." he started, setting his glass down. "Judith gave them the impression that we were manipulative. I want them dead and gone before they even have a chance to think about the mistake they made." he said, his tone becoming a bit darker as the topic descended. "However, I know we have to be careful about this. One false move, and our entire plan would have to be shifted to another foot, another course." he added, his tone eventually relenting. "I just wish I had had a little more time to get on my feet before war came knocking on my doorstep..."  

Amiimii
Crew

Shy Regular

10,125 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

Son of the Harpy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:40 pm
((I'll post when I get off work tonight. Busy day, and won't be able to post until then.))  
Role-Play 1 - Sovereign

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff