Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tempmus Chronicles

Back to Guilds

A guild where original ideas for stories can Blossom. And Bubbles. And okay, Buttercup, you can join too. 

Tags: Anthro, Original, Stories, Variety, Role Playing 

Reply The Tempmus Chronicles
Debate Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:42 pm
I imagined that the whole "Hero" part of the rping would be a little similar to Fable II. Although we ARE heroes and we DO save the world from time to time, it doesn't sustain us financially.
I'm also against teleportation simply because it make the flow of travel too fast for my taste. I actually liked the thought that everyone got on airships OR boats to ferry them from island to island, or wait for them to come close enough to jump across. Actually, in the map I've been thinking of, two major city islands come close enough for people to vault across.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:28 pm
That would be interesting! "Attention passengers of San Fransisco, boarding has begun on the left of the terminal for the continent of Asia." Then everyone hops over. It would be hell for illegal immigration though...  

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:52 pm
Yeah. Since this world is populated by four different races, I imagined that this world was more of a borderlands for more dominated planets. That'd justify the lack of control.

Oh, wait... last time I checked, this world has that problem too...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:40 am
Yeh. And that's that's just internally for us, too. Imagine if aliens got involved? Hah! That'd be fun.  

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:12 pm
Indeed... but how do you feel about the idea of Tempus being a borderland between the four races?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:46 pm
I'm okay with it. It would make things more interesting. But what does Dakota think of it?  

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:52 am
Dakota - sonicman
*cough cough*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:00 am
Explain  

The Jolly Victini
Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:59 pm
Well, since there are the four races on Tempus (Human, Anthro, Torran and Ziran) all on one planet, and there are allusions that they all came from other homeworlds. So my proposal was that the planet is mostly a borderlands between the four races. A gray area, persay. This means that the laws between the four would have clipping and clashing between them, and this allows a large scale of small crime to go by unnoticed. This instance, we were talking about immigration. All these immigrants who would jump their way from isle to isle without any official mode of transportation would slip the net of crimes because Tempus would be a borderlands and the races would be concerned with only larger crimes.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:39 am
Well, according to Dakota, Humans and Anthros originated from Tempmus. The planet was originally like Earth, but it eventually broke up and formed the gaseous planet they live on now. So the Torrans and Zirans are the ones intruding on our homeworld. But they are doing so via peace treaty and pacts, meaning they abide by the laws set forth by the Humans and Anthros. But smaller crime can still go on, illegal immigrants are still a problem, etc.

As far as the islands drifting closer, he said that each planet has an Electromagnetic Field around it that prevents them from colliding into each other. But they are able to come within 20-25 miles close to each other before violent earthquakes begin to destroy the structures on the island, and EMPs wreck all electronics. But compared to being across an entire planet, this is still extremely close. There are also smaller islands, that which he described as Minecraft Biomes, floating around and orbiting the larger islands that do not have EM Fields. These are largely unpopulated, so these can easily be used to house illegal operations and serve as living areas to those who aren't supposed to be on the planet. Also, each island is tethered to a certain hemispherical guideline to prevent a city and forest that are near the equator to float to the poles and freeze, killing all natural life. They can drift left to right as far as they want, and slightly up and down within reason, but not too extremely.

The Teleporters. He never intended on them being large aspects of the travel. He figured maybe 4-5 total on the planet that are legally owned and operated, placed in the largest and most important locations. They cost a lot of rare resources, and are extremely expensive to operate. They are a luxury. But the majority of travel is via Airship or Gasboat.  

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:52 pm
So, I'm keeping all the large isles with noted cities static for the most part, and I'm also color-coding the islands based on their connection to authority. There are two main islands that are disputed between Torran/Human relations. So far, I've only mapped out the large ones, but I'm planning on adding all the smaller ones in soon.

Feel free to shoot me city names, because at this point I'm just recylcing names from the map of the old guild.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:04 am
I haven't thought of a name for the kingdom, so any suggestions would be nice. As far as the cities, go ahead and recycle the old names.  

The Jolly Victini
Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:02 am
I thought we chose Ceres that one day in ENN for te name of the Kingdom?

Also, some city names:
•Duge
•Librae
•Feanor
•Ahemait

These are names of cities and planets in a book I am trying to write. I got them from a website called Donjon. It gives you randomly generated aspects of things necessary for board games/video games. NPCs, ship names, planet names, etc.

Link: http://donjon.bin.sh/  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:26 pm
hmm, so me, Sciz, and Ryu have been thinking that making a massive world for a guild that only has a handful of members isn't all that good of an idea. With all the characters being too few and far between, it makes rping difficult due to a lack of rpers/characters to rp with. Does anyone agree with this concept?  

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

The Jolly Victini
Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:38 am
Draiden Kaid
hmm, so me, Sciz, and Ryu have been thinking that making a massive world for a guild that only has a handful of members isn't all that good of an idea. With all the characters being too few and far between, it makes rping difficult due to a lack of rpers/characters to rp with. Does anyone agree with this concept?

Wholeheartedly.  
The Tempmus Chronicles

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces