Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Class] The Basics - Palm Reading LESSON 2 UP! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you know much about Palm reading?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Zabora Lionheart

Tipsy Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 am
Hello everyone! My name is Zabora and I am starting this class on the basics of witchcraft. I will try to cover alot of info and wish to keep this class going. I will start with Palm Reading.

So. Why should you take this class? Well I have 10 years experiance in following a Pagan path. I dont conform to traditional Wicca guidelines, thats why I say Pagan and not Wiccan path. I will teach the basics of the craft to you in a simple fun hands on do it your self setting. So come join me!

I dont want you guys signing up for the class if you dont participate in the class activities. However if you want to read and learn and take notes thats perfectly fine with me. I teach for the joy of spreading the knowledge of the old ways.

Like the heading says we will start with palm reading. I will post once a week maybe twice a week if a week isnt enough time to complete the assignments.

Ok post away to sign up. I will post lessons on fridays. That gives you guys a week to sign up and get ready to learn.

Oh do forgive grammer and spelling errors. They arnt my strong points.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:55 am
Class list

Teacher:
Zabora Lionheart

Students:

Nozomikitty
KayaTesagi
Bernadette Rachel
KoudelkaW
Simetra00
Youroka Kage
Dawn_Stark  

Zabora Lionheart

Tipsy Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200

KayaTesagi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:03 am
Ill join. I'm curious to what all will be taught.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:25 pm
I think this is a brilliant idea!

Personally, I'm not good at commitment so I'll just lurk around for this lesson and if I like what I see, I'll join, if that's alright.

Thank you for offering to share your knowledge and experience smile  

Insane Lady Jane

Mewling Lunatic

10,725 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Bernadette Rachel

Profitable Gaian

7,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:55 pm
Count me in!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:52 pm
I'd like to sign up smile  

koudelkaW
Captain

Diverse Hoarder

11,000 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Topa Furi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:24 pm
This looks interesting. I would like to learn.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:08 pm
Class list has been updated. First lesson will be posted tomorrow. I will go slow for the first lesson but if you guys think you can handle more I will add extra homework and bigger lessons next time.  

Zabora Lionheart

Tipsy Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:01 am
Can I still join?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:32 am
Of course you can join! Class list updated  

Zabora Lionheart

Tipsy Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200

NozomiKitty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:44 am
You spelt my name wrong sad  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:03 am
Lesson 1 - The Whole Hand

First a history lesson.

Palmistry is one of the oldest occult arts. Some 2600 years ago Aristotle wrote a book on palmistry for Alexander the Great and there is nothing in that book that a modern-day palmist would dispute. The basics of palmistry have been around for a long time. Because of its long history it has been revered and also associated withdevil worship. Palmistry was first treated in a scientific manner in France during the 19th century. A man called Adolphe Desbarrolles investigated palmistry with the intention of disproving it. However his research convinced him of the validity of the subject and he eventually wrote a monumental book on palmistry. About this time a retired army officer made a diacovery at a party. The guests invited by the host all had short stubby fingers while the guests invited by the hosts wife all had long slender and shapely hands. His name was D'Arpentigny and he developed a system of hand classification that is still used today.

Ok now that you know a bit about the history of palm reading here is the first lesson.

The Whole Hand

Not just the lines on a palm are read but rather all of the hand is examined. We each were born with two hands that are discribed as the major and minor hands. Your dominant hand is the major hand (the one you write with). Traditionally speaking the Major hand is what we do in life while the minor hand is what traits we are born with. However I find that because both hands change as we age the minor hand cant be just what were born with.

The Major hand for me relates to the physical world. What should happen should we stay on our present course.

The Minor hand has more to do with our thoughts and were they lie now. The minor hand also reveals skills, talent, and qualities you have.

Texture

The first thing to look at is the skin on the back of the hand. Is it course or soft? Remember rough skin doesnt make a course hand. Rather it is the pore size. Are they visible or not? Visible pores make for course hands.

Soft hands show the person is idealistic and have a refined outlook on the world.

Course hands show the person is more down to earth then someone with Soft hands. They also tend to be less stressed out then Soft handed people.

Consistancy (hand shake)

The next thing you look for is Consistancy. When you shake their hand is it a firm shake or a limp shake?
A hard shake indicates a person who needs to work to be happy.
A limp shake indicates a person who is used to comfort and needs it to be happy. They can also be a bit lazy.

Color

Color also plays a role. Here is a list of what different colors mean:

White- anemic, lack of vitality and energy, unfeeling, selfish, iritable, upset easy, self sufficient, idealistic, cold

Yellow- jaundice point of view, sickly

Bue-poor blood circulation, health problem

Pinkish- normal in people of a European decent, loving, appreceiative, sympathetic, supportive

Red- energy, can loose temper quick, sometimes if red visible in one area it means the energy is increased in that area. Such as a visible redening on the mount of venus means hightend sexuality or sexual appetite.

Shape

The shape of the hand also has a meaning.

A square palm indicates someone down to earth, capable, practical, enjoys challenge and prepared to work hard, stamina and energy levels are high.

Oblong palms indicate artistic abilities such as drawing, writing, painting, music and such. They tend to be long and shapely looking. These people are less practical then square palmed people however they are more gentle and idealistic.

Fingers

It is not hard to determine if long or short fingers with reference to a palm. If bent fingers cover 7/8 palm, they are considered long.
But this way is not perfect as hands and fingers of some persons are more flexible and others- less flexible.
If one fails to determine length of fingers with reference to a palm they are probably of medium size.

Short fingers

People with short fingers are energetic by nature and they cannot stand when people are slow. They are eager to do any work and they manage to do it fast. They want to do all on time so it is easier for them to start than to finish. In addition to it they cannot stand discovering the essence, they prefer to "slide on the surface"- they are not interested in details.

Long fingers

People with long fingers prefer to do the tedious work. They search for the essence. If they know what is the reason of it they are ready to work as much as required to get the best results.

Medium fingers

Fingers of some people can be neither long nor short. These people combine different qualities of the short - fingered and long- fingered persons. I. e they can be patient or impatient depending on circumstances. Although these people are reliable and conscientious they are able to do work carelessly if the work is not quite interesting for them.

Classification of Hands
The simplest type of classification, and the one that I favor, reflects the 4 elemental categories used in western astrology: Earth, Air, Fire and Water.

The elemental type is defined by the shape of the palm in relation to the length of the fingers. Is the palm square or oblong? Are the fingers short or long?

Square palm + short fingers = Earth Hand
Square palm + long fingers = Air Hand
Oblong palm + short fingers = Fire Hand
Oblong palm + long fingers = Water hand

Earth Hand
The Earth hand is square and solid. The fingers are short and the palm exhibits few lines. Those that do appear are strong and well defined. Subjects with Earth hands tend to be level-headed, no-nonsense people. Physical experience may be more important than intellectual pursuits. Practical in nature, the Earth type may be conservative and probably prefers spending time outdoors. It has been my experience that the Earth type is the least likely to seek out a palmist for a reading.
Astrologically, the Earth signs are Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn.

Air Hand
The Air hand has long fingers and tends to have an abundance of clear lines in the palm. Air types spend their time in the intellecual realms. They are curious and full of ideas. They thrive on nervous energy and may be prone to worry and stress. Air types are communicators and are often good at working with the public. However they may tend to intellectualize their feelings and can have difficulty with close, personal relationships.
Astrologically, the Air signs are Gemini, Libra and Aquarius.

Fire Hand
A hand with an elongated palm and short fingers fits into the Fire classification. The lines in the palm are usually strong and well-defined and the hand may have a busy or vibrant feel to it. Fire types are energetic and action oriented. They have a need for variety and may lack patience. Then tend to be individualistic and often make good leaders.
Astrologically the Fire signs are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.

Water Hand
Water hands have many fine, spidery lines and both the palm and the fingers are long. The Water hand is found on the sensitive, emotional type of individual. Water types are caring, receptive and artistic. They are primarily motivated by feelings. They may have trouble coping with stress and are often happiest in a peaceful environment.
Astrologically the Water signs are Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces.

Ok guys I know that was alot of info but really it is quite simple once you get the hang of it. Here is your homework...

Homework

Find at least one type of each elemental hand. You can use your own or a spouse, friend, parent, whatever. If you decide not to do the homework thats ok. You only cheat yourself. For extra credit (50 gg to those that post) post the type of hand you have. For example I have a fire hand.

Thats it for now! Next lesson is next Friday. If you need help on any of this info please feel free to PM me. I am online daily and will gladly answere any and all questions to the best of my abilities.  

Zabora Lionheart

Tipsy Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200

Zabora Lionheart

Tipsy Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:11 am
NozomiKitty

Im so sorry! I am posting all this on my stupid smart phone. I dont have access to a computer on a regular. I fixed it though!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:22 am
Zabora Lionheart
NozomiKitty

Im so sorry! I am posting all this on my stupid smart phone. I dont have access to a computer on a regular. I fixed it though!

You did that post on a smart phone....I'm jealous...Anyway...gona work on my homework  

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

Zabora Lionheart

Tipsy Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:37 am
Youroka Kage
Zabora Lionheart
NozomiKitty

You did that post on a smart phone....I'm jealous...Anyway...gona work on my homework

What can I say? Im dedicated... Actually I have been slowly posting my notes and things in my journal since I got the go ahead to do this class...  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games