Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:15 pm
User Image

The gentle sound of rocking water filled the ambiance, but it was just that, ambiance. The main music that was filling the air of Pae'kippu Beach was the voice of Axl's singing. His voice was beautiful, a little rough and raw, but something that would be pleasing to the average ear. After an encounter with a whirlwind of a teen, he had a lot more musical inspiration then before, he had even constructed an instrument out of a piece of drift wood and some string, he plucked out notes that hung in the air.

After a time, the fae set down his instrument so that he could rest. As he sat on a rock near the edge of the water, he looked down to see his reflection rippling beneath him. His crimson, tattered wings stood out against the blue of the water. Useless things, purely decoration due to the holes which prevented flight, he fluttered them sadly, and then moved on to his face. Now there was something that was appealing to look at. Axl dunked his hand into the water and then brought it up to his hair, using it to straighten out his hair in the spikey fashion that he liked and grinned at himself.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:26 pm
User ImageKicking sand in little waves as she walked Tiffany felt bored and a little lazy, the young woman was just getting used to the fact there was still large parts of what she came to know of Estra and the twins that were odd, especially since they all seemed the same age, but the twins insisted Estra's name couldn't be Estra's name.

She sighs for a moment but then her thoughts were interrupted by the stopping of the music and singing she had been hearing, she had in fact been following the sound for it's source without even watching where she was going. Looking up she saw only one person, or rather one pae near, a rather odd looking one at that. certainly he wasn't an angel like Estra and the twins and he wasn't a demon, nor even one of those weird faun things she'd met. Well perhaps the strange looking pae would know where the music was coming from, he looked a lil too.. hip and gruff in her mind to have been it's source.

Walking up near him she looked down to the water to see what he looked at and smirked slightly watching him preen himself. "Hello" she greeted him, she sounded confident and not meek at all

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:14 am
The sand had muted the footsteps of any approaching pae, so Axl did not see her until he caught a glimpse in the water, he turned his head to see a version of the pae that wasn't distorted, her coloring especially made her almost disappear into the water. Axl smiled at the other girl, putting on his best charms, "Hey there." he was incredibly confident in his abilities and had an inkling that his music drew her there, he was the self-proclaimed god of rock after all.

Axl had given the fae a good up and down, one of his own kind, or so he was told. Certainly beautiful by all standards, and there were those wings he envied so much. After he had given her a quick look-over with his eyes he shifted his body so that he was facing her. "What brings a pretty dame like you to the beach?" He grinned, hoping for that praise he desired. Axl was about as shallow as he sounded, and couldn't help but at least attempt to flirt with most females, or at least the pretty ones, he did have standards.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:25 pm
Tiff raised a brow at him, just one, Dame? she could see him checking her out, he really didn't make any secret of it it was obvious to her. "Since when is a faerie a dame? she questions him, after all in her mind she wasn't any slang version of anything, she was the best race of Pae'il there could be. To Tiffany the faerie race of Pae'il was superior but then it always had been even as a child.

She made no mention yet what had drawn her near the male with the odd appearance and she'd question his race later. She too took in his appearance, his red wings, black hair, she still want sure exactly what he was. He was definitely sure of himself, but then so was she in her own way.

The female hadn't been out much lately, as usual Tiffany was reading a lot, studying, but then she had to be careful about reading, especially aloud, so almost noone ever heard her read aloud if she ever did it. After a moment of studying the male she noticed his homemade instrument, she'd have to question that later too...

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:13 pm
Axl paused and just stared for a moment. He wasn't the biggest fan of getting shot down, last time he had stopped bothering with the female all together. He still wasn't sure if he had been shot down, if he had offended the female, or if she didn't understand. "I just meant a beautiful female..." so much for being charming, it wasn't his strong suit anyways.

He thought he'd try his question again from a different approach, since she seemed to be a proud faerie. "So what does bring this faerie to the beach?" He tilted his head and looked at her. There wasn't really much for him to study, she looked like any normal fae, he didn't realize that the other had a hard time identifying him as one.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:30 pm
She nods slightly hearing his explanation and then shrugs, "Taking a break from my reading, went for a walk, heard some some strain and was attempting to locate it, but it has stopped now". It was her explanation to him about why she was there, and it was plenty enough reason to her.

She pauses a moment then questions "You didn't hear the strain by chance did you?" perhaps his proximity to the sounds would be useful to find out where they'd come from.

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:34 pm
Axl narrowed his eyes thoughtfully, "Strain? What is that?" he asked, hoping she wasn't talking about his singing. If it was a name for his singing he hoped it didn't mean something bad, the only way he knew the word strain was negative though. "I may have heard something..." Axl lowered his hand and plucked on one of the strings of his drift wood and string instrument with a finger. It was stretched tight to form a beautiful note. Even if strain was a negative term, he was set on proving her wrong, he couldn't proclaim himself a god of rock if someone doubted his musical abilities.

"So, you were reading a book?" it sounded a little bit nerdy, but he wasn't going to say anything, "Must not be many of those left lying around, huh?" Axl asked, it had seemed that many things like that had disappeared unless a pae had access to their own.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:36 pm
"Strain, measure, cantata, or whatever word you may want to use for sounds produced from an item or vocally." she smirks slightly, her eyes shifting focus a moment hearing the twang of his make-shift guitar. Perhaps the sounds she had heard had come from him. She supposed anything was possible, anything at all.

"I've got a bunch of books, though I will admit procuring new ones has been difficult yes." She thought of all the books she had, some that of course she'd lost but still her collection was far from tiny.

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:53 am
Axl nodded his head, wow he had never heard so many different words for music before. Either this female was incredibly knowledgeable (and loved) music, or she just was incredibly knowledgeable. He hoped it was the first, but he was certain that because her love seemed to be book, it was the second. "So, you a fan of music?" He gave her smile that was the combination of a grin and a smirk, he was always trying to gain more fans.

The fae certainly sounded like a book geek, since she had her own collection, "So you read for fun? Like fairy tales?" Axl was pretty shallow and not really the smartest when it came to book smarts. He could imagine a female would probably love to spend her days in a love story, that was why they loved his love songs so much, they could pretend he wrote it about them. "I never caught your name, I don't think. As much as I'd like to keep calling you beautiful fae, I'm sure you have another name."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:41 am
So it seemed in her mind hearing his response she wouldn't find the answer to her question, but then perhaps she couldn't fault him he did seem in his own little world as well. "Music, okay that's another term for it yes, as for am I a fan? Well music can be pleasant to the ear but wouldn't necessarily consider myself a fan per-say rather just enjoy it occasionally." she shifted her position slightly pulling her white hair over her shoulder in a relaxed way.

"I read more for knowledge, don't honestly find a lot of use for fairy tales as you put it, there are some good literature I do enjoy though" she paused a moment then continued "No I suppose I didn't give my name, I am Tiffany, and yes I prefer it over any other nickname"

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:08 pm
Once Axl got the confirmation he needed that she was at least somewhat enjoying his music, and that it was likely his music she was talking about he answered the question she had asked a few minutes ago. "Yeah, I heard this strain..." Axl picked up the plank and played a few chords from the last song he had been singing, humming the words that went with it. Axl paused from the humming but continued to play on the instrument, "It was me," he informed her with a cocky inclination in his voice. "And I am Axl."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:22 pm
Tiffany listened to the music for a moment, and his humming as well, yes it was definitely the sounds she had heard coming up the beach. Wasn't necessarily her style of music but at least it was not horrible or off-key, that was a real turn off to music if she heard it. "Nice to make your acquaintance Axl, now if I may inquire... Exactly which Pae'il race are you, you certainly aren't Angelic or demonic, you are assuredly not one of those faun things nor are you a naiad that I can tell."

Her eyes fixated on those tattered wings of his, they certainly did not look all that useful, her own wings fluttered a couple times, she knew for certain she would be greatly upset if hers ever got torn as his were

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:12 pm
Axl stopped playing and looked at Tiffany, trying to hide what small amount of hurt he had. He had hoped that another fae might be able to recognize one of her own type. "Well, it seems you've listed off every type of pae, but one..." Axl could feel her eyes staring at his wing, her own wings fluttering behind her like the lovely things they were. Axl's own tattered wings, the early source of his angst, moved slightly, stretching. "I guess my wings deceive you... call it a mutation if you like, they've always been this way, but I'm the same as you." Perhaps his own aggression had made the tears in his wings worse, but they had mostly been the same all his life.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:51 pm
Tiffany looked a little flabbergasted for a moment, and then the look went to one of someone who had put their foot in their mouth. He was a faerie?? He'd let his wings or rather had his wings that poor of shape for his whole life?? The idea was nearly blasphemous to the female but it sounded like the male had no choice in the matter. There was silence in the air for a long time until she broke it to speak once more

"I... er... I... I'm sorry, I didn't mean poorly of it...." Now the usually confident female stuttered over what she said feeling and sounding rather embarrassed that she hadn't recognized him as one of her own... The only truly beautiful Pae'il race in her eyes. "I uh, just never have seen a Faerie with wings as large as yours, even without the uhm... well..." she averted her eyes from staring at his wings any more, her light blue cheeks now tinged pink with her embarrassment.

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:00 am
It was an awkward moment, staring at Tiffany's reaction to his news. That had clearly been the last thing she expected, since she didn't even list it off as a possibility that he could be. Axl rubbed his chin with his hand and then shifted too a different position and was now grooming the top of his head again. Axl couldn't really come up with a response as he internally dealt with his slightly wounded pride. Rejection was not something he dealt with well.

Axl laughed now, sure his wings were a little bit larger then the average fae's, but it wasn't the first word that came to his mind when comparing wings. "Yeah, I've been told that about many things..." he said with a bit of cheek, his cockiness coming out as a clear overcompensation for his damaged ego. He had thought of calling her out on the lie, but shook it off. "It's alright, you're not the first," his wings were a bit of a stand out, although it had been the first time he hadn't been recognized as a fae, but he could see how it was possible.  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff